TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dadcop2
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2016
    • 229

    #2461
    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I can confirm dadcop2 is not faking his exam.

    #yey

    I've been there. ;-;

    Well, gl with your exam. Just make sure you have your 10 posts requirement at least.
    EOD is tomorrow though?

    i already took it and it was hard as fuck. the professor realized how hard it was and decided to cut it short by having us do 2 of the 3 problems of our choosing, but i started with the hardest one lmao. electronics is a shitshow and i'm glad i'm out of it. i'm also glad i'm not an EE. i can pass the class with a C+ even if i got a 0 on the exam so i'm all set.

    i see everyone posting shitty reasoning for me being a wolf so if u wanna ask me shit go ahead or at least make up better reasons thx

    Comment

    • Hakulyte
      aka Haku
      • Jul 2005
      • 4697

      #2462
      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by dadcop2
      EOD is tomorrow though?

      i already took it and it was hard as fuck. the professor realized how hard it was and decided to cut it short by having us do 2 of the 3 problems of our choosing, but i started with the hardest one lmao. electronics is a shitshow and i'm glad i'm out of it. i'm also glad i'm not an EE. i can pass the class with a C+ even if i got a 0 on the exam so i'm all set.

      i see everyone posting shitty reasoning for me being a wolf so if u wanna ask me shit go ahead or at least make up better reasons thx
      Well, I spent most of this phase talking about AA/ShadoWolfe. That could give you something to talk about.

      Objectively speaking, DFR is more likely to get voted than you for me.

      The only reason why you kept getting on that table is because ShadoWolfe/MML themselves have so much productive content that it's hard to tell if there's really something going on or not with them.

      This is pretty awkward because for me that means you're either a wolf or someone in MML/ShadoWolfe somehow bs'd everyone and stayed utr the entire game while posting a ton.

      It makes me want to believe there's at least a wolf in you/DFR and/or (1 or 0) in MML/ShadoWolfe.

      Comment

      • danceflashrevo
        scumfan is scared of aa
        • Sep 2007
        • 488

        #2463
        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        That's pretty wolfy of you to not even reevaluate or say why you think so.
        I asked you to comment my posts yesterday.
        The reason is because I want to evaluate you as well.
        I did reevaluate. I've been away all day, I'd rather go over your case on shado aa on my computer and not phone. I'll compile why I think you're town and respond to the case when I get back. Don't jump to conclusions.



        I'm most likely voting between you and dadcop2 I intended to vote you yesterday because you kept pushing Storn and made me look bad by asking me why I think Storn is town.
        I softed, but you went like "but im dumb, I can't figure this out" and that just made me go "ugh, you're either not intending to try or you simply didn't see it at all".
        Basically, I don't see you doing much right now and it's making me come to the conclusion that "it's because you're a wolf".
        Really? I tried really hard to understand what you were saying and I didn't put pi r^2 together to make a circle. You could've easily made up some bullshit about another reason why you thought he was town and let him out himself as he deemed appropriate.


        I am not home yet.

        Why are you here?

        Comment

        • dadcop2
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2016
          • 229

          #2464
          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          The only reason why you kept getting on that table is because ShadoWolfe/MML themselves have so much productive content that it's hard to tell if there's really something going on or not with them.
          i mean you can be productive and still be a wolf. productivity isn't entirely alignment indicative

          Comment

          • Hakulyte
            aka Haku
            • Jul 2005
            • 4697

            #2465
            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by dadcop2
            i mean you can be productive and still be a wolf. productivity isn't entirely alignment indicative
            I agree that productivity itself is not alignment indicative, but it can lead to content that can make the other players figure out alignments.

            Comment

            • dadcop2
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2016
              • 229

              #2466
              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by Hakulyte
              I agree that productivity itself is not alignment indicative, but it can lead to content that can make the other players figure out alignments.
              yeah thats true, but honestly how much of it is really content? i went back to the last couple pages after this day started and ctrl+f'd my name. apart from a couple things from mml mentioning how i was stuck on storn being ic all day(i wasn't i had literally like 2 posts about that), and how he didn't like me leaving the thread when nobody else posted anything and i had to go do shit, all posts that included me were statements along the lines of "dadcop is scum", or "dadcop should be lynched". uh yeah, real detailed stuff there man. great content keep it up.

              Comment

              • Hakulyte
                aka Haku
                • Jul 2005
                • 4697

                #2467
                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by dadcop2
                yeah thats true, but honestly how much of it is really content? i went back to the last couple pages after this day started and ctrl+f'd my name.
                It's content for trying to solve other players that aren't you.
                There's 2 ways to look at this imo.

                You figure out top scums and vote them.
                You figure out who is town and you try to figure out why their reads are different than you and why.

                The former is what everyone is expecting early game. The latter is what you should try to do to optimize your chances of getting a hit in endgame.

                Originally posted by dadcop2
                apart from a couple things from mml mentioning how i was stuck on storn being ic all day(i wasn't i had literally like 2 posts about that), and how he didn't like me leaving the thread when nobody else posted anything and i had to go do shit, all posts that included me were statements along the lines of "dadcop is scum", or "dadcop should be lynched". uh yeah, real detailed stuff there man. great content keep it up.
                Well, you're supposed to explain why they're wrong (if they are) and figure out who are the remaining 2 wolves. Not doing so will eventually make you look like a suspect no matter what.

                This is happening because it's easy to post nothing as a wolf.

                Comment

                • dadcop2
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2016
                  • 229

                  #2468
                  Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by Hakulyte
                  Well, you're supposed to explain why they're wrong (if they are) and figure out who are the remaining 2 wolves. Not doing so will eventually make you look like a suspect no matter what.

                  This is happening because it's easy to post nothing as a wolf.
                  l o l there's a pretty serious double standard here. as soon as i defend myself, someone will call me out on being too defensive and therefore a wolf

                  Comment

                  • Hakulyte
                    aka Haku
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 4697

                    #2469
                    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by dadcop2
                    l o l there's a pretty serious double standard here. as soon as i defend myself, someone will call me out on being too defensive and therefore a wolf
                    Yeah, but the person calling you out may get targeted for calling you out in the first place if he doesn't have a good reason to do so.

                    It works both ways.

                    Comment

                    • dadcop2
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2016
                      • 229

                      #2470
                      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by Hakulyte
                      Yeah, but the person calling you out may get targeted for calling you out in the first place if he doesn't have a good reason to do so.

                      It works both ways.
                      even so, as i pointed out before, i have no real §reasons§ to debunk. people's posts about me today can pretty much be boiled down to "DADCOP BAD !!"

                      dfr is looking weird. does that last reads list you posted (#2346) include a town claim? why? and shado is town? why?

                      Comment

                      • ShadoWolfe
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 171

                        #2471
                        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by danceflashrevo
                        There's 0 way wolf haku posts that. I town read haku all game, I null him because it's f5 and I need to reevaluate everyone, he's back at town. Fuck me if he's a wolf.
                        I completely disagree.

                        He's effortposted harder than that as wolf before.
                        Yeah, it's a long post but he mainly addresses one question I asked, and it was an easy one about giving me an example for something he said.

                        Also I'm rethinking dadcop being scum. I re-read his ISO from the perspective of him being town and it made as much sense as the other way, tone-wise. I still don't like his playstyle or attitude, but those are personal things and aren't alignment-indicative. I'm really starting to think he could be a lazy-town who just doesn't care much about the game anymore and is an easy mislynch, so I feel much more confident about Haku.

                        Haku, I'm gonna follow this post with one quoting the more important questions I want answered, so please stick around.





                        Originally posted by Hakulyte
                        I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                        Originally posted by XelNya
                        " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                        Originally posted by YoshL
                        "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                        Originally posted by mellon_collie
                        "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                        Comment

                        • ShadoWolfe
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 171

                          #2472
                          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by dadcop2
                          l o l there's a pretty serious double standard here. as soon as i defend myself, someone will call me out on being too defensive and therefore a wolf
                          Wait when did this happen?

                          I take back what I just said about you if this is really the reason you haven't defended yourself. Nobody's going to call you too defensive. You're most likely the lynch tonight, so defend yourself if you can.





                          Originally posted by Hakulyte
                          I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                          Comment

                          • dadcop2
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2016
                            • 229

                            #2473
                            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by danceflashrevo
                            this is.... overly defensive
                            yeah, never happened before right?

                            give me an actual attack to defend and i will

                            Comment

                            • ShadoWolfe
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 171

                              #2474
                              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                              Things that make me think Haku is a wolf (things in "" are older questions that he didn't respond to):

                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              I think this is literally AA trying to signal me that he's a wolf believing I could be wolf myself.

                              "If you thought he was a wolf trying to signal you, why didn't you bring it up when it happened?"


                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              Look, I haven't even told you how laughably bad dadcop2/DFR looks next to your slot.
                              I just wanted to give you an idea of how I've been seeing things.
                              I wanted to show you that I tried to do something.

                              If it's bad, just tell me why.

                              AA has been frustrating to properly read for me all game and I just wanted to see how you approach all of this.
                              "Why go to all that work to show me that you've tried to do something? You made a push, that should be because you think I'm scummy, not because you want to prove to me that you're town because you're doing work...
                              What kind of intention is that?"


                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              Rereading myself made me realize how they're not really as incriminating as I thought it would be.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              I knew I posted garbage in the first place, I was mostly trying to reaction test you more than anything because you're not AA himself.
                              The parts I've bolded and underlined in your quotes are all the different reasons you've given for your push

                              You say you pushed me because you just wanted to give me an idea of how you've been seeing things.
                              You say you pushed me because you wanted to show me that you tried to do something (wot??)
                              You say you pushed me because AA has been frustrating to read and you wanted to see how I approach it.
                              You say you pushed me because you thought it was incriminating. (you say this when you start to realize the push isn't going to stick)
                              You say you pushed me because you were trying to reaction test me. (you say this after abandoning the push)

                              ???????????????
                              That's alot of different reasons for one push, Haku. What's the truth here?

                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              Well, you're supposed to explain why they're wrong (if they are) and figure out who are the remaining 2 wolves. Not doing so will eventually make you look like a suspect no matter what.

                              This is happening because it's easy to post nothing as a wolf.
                              Is this why you actually tried to push me? You knew you couldn't just post nothing, and knew you'd get called out for picking easy lynches if you just picked dadcop2 and DFR, but you knew you had to "try to figure out who the remaining 2 wolves are", so did you push me because you thought I was easier than MML?
                              Were you thinking I'd be an easy mislynch because MML and dad had already voted me last phase?

                              ..are you a woof?





                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                              Originally posted by YoshL
                              "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                              Originally posted by mellon_collie
                              "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                              Comment

                              • Hakulyte
                                aka Haku
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 4697

                                #2475
                                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                                Things that make me think Haku is a wolf (things in "" are older questions that he didn't respond to):



                                "If you thought he was a wolf trying to signal you, why didn't you bring it up when it happened?"
                                I noticed this after Day 1 was over, not when I posted this. I've reread the thread at each phase. I kept pushing him for the smallest things I could find.

                                Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                                "Why go to all that work to show me that you've tried to do something? You made a push, that should be because you think I'm scummy, not because you want to prove to me that you're town because you're doing work...
                                What kind of intention is that?"
                                No one has seriously addressed my alignment this phase and I figured I had to create content to give you something to look at. I am trying to help you read me.

                                Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                                The parts I've bolded and underlined in your quotes are all the different reasons you've given for your push

                                You say you pushed me because you just wanted to give me an idea of how you've been seeing things.
                                You say you pushed me because you wanted to show me that you tried to do something (wot??)
                                You say you pushed me because AA has been frustrating to read and you wanted to see how I approach it.
                                You say you pushed me because you thought it was incriminating. (you say this when you start to realize the push isn't going to stick)
                                You say you pushed me because you were trying to reaction test me. (you say this after abandoning the push)

                                ???????????????
                                That's alot of different reasons for one push, Haku. What's the truth here?
                                I really thought AA's slot was a wolf from the beginning and I changed my mind. These posts are about me explaining why I changed my mind.

                                Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                                Is this why you actually tried to push me? You knew you couldn't just post nothing, and knew you'd get called out for picking easy lynches if you just picked dadcop2 and DFR, but you knew you had to "try to figure out who the remaining 2 wolves are", so did you push me because you thought I was easier than MML?
                                How am I pushing you if my current lynch pool is DFR/dadcop2 ?


                                Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                                Were you thinking I'd be an easy mislynch because MML and dad had already voted me last phase?

                                ..are you a woof?
                                Not this time.

                                Comment

                                Working...