TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MixMasterLar
    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2006
    • 5401

    #2506
    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

    (tried uploading my actual face to photobucket but my phone ain't having none of that so I guess you guys get google search for "Disgusted" instead)






    Also

    Shado if you don't at least acknowledge that my big post was a post that was on the bigger side of thing it'll make me very sad
    ​

    Comment

    • ShadoWolfe
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2009
      • 171

      #2507
      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      I'm "pushed" you about you not being scum while taking a stance as if you were scum.
      Contradictions aren't really a surprise here.
      What does this mean? I legitimately can't understand what you mean to say.
      Also when you explain the first part please also include why contradictions aren't a surprise here.





      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
      Originally posted by XelNya
      " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
      Originally posted by YoshL
      "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
      Originally posted by mellon_collie
      "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

      Comment

      • ShadoWolfe
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2009
        • 171

        #2508
        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
        Shado if you don't at least acknowledge that my big post was a post that was on the bigger side of thing it'll make me very sad
        .. what?
        What big post?
        Bigger side of what things?

        Don't be sad?





        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
        Originally posted by YoshL
        "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
        Originally posted by mellon_collie
        "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

        Comment

        • Hakulyte
          aka Haku
          • Jul 2005
          • 4697

          #2509
          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

          I "pushed" you about you not being scum while taking a stance as if you were scum.*

          I even warned you that I would do this for "your entertainment" because I was obviously going to walk into a minefield.

          Comment

          • MixMasterLar
            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2006
            • 5401

            #2510
            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            Meta is the only reason and I'm pretty sure it's not the reason you're looking for.
            Ok this has been a long time coming

            The focus on self meta, and changing meta, and announcing you aren't following meta on this site is bullshit.

            Using "meta" as a reason you don't improve or can't give a passable answer to a horrible action is bullshit.

            self "meta" reads are basically nothing but a copout and when I see you do it, or Zenith do it, or DPB do it, or anyone else do it, or anyone in deadchat talk endlessly about adjusting it for next game it makes me sad.

            Meta is what you naturally do in certain situations. It may change if you try to improve your game but it's worthless used as a sheild because the very fact that you're using it as an excuse shows that you're too self aware to be naturally doing anything and therefore your fucking meta doesn't mean jack shit to nobody
            ​

            Comment

            • Hakulyte
              aka Haku
              • Jul 2005
              • 4697

              #2511
              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

              The idea was that I was willing to take the risk to throw myself into my own fray so you can read me properly.

              Comment

              • ShadoWolfe
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2009
                • 171

                #2512
                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                I "pushed" you about you not being scum while taking a stance as if you were scum.*

                I even warned you that I would do this for "your entertainment" because I was obviously going to walk into a minefield.
                I still don't understand the first part.
                You pushed me about not being scum? What does this mean?
                You did that while taking a stance as if I was scum? Why? And how/what does this mean?





                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                Originally posted by XelNya
                " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                Originally posted by YoshL
                "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                Comment

                • Hakulyte
                  aka Haku
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4697

                  #2513
                  Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                  I still don't understand the first part.
                  You pushed me about not being scum? What does this mean?
                  You did that while taking a stance as if I was scum? Why? And how/what does this mean?
                  So you can get a read on me, but I didn't expect things to go that way. I was hoping I would somehow do a dumb town tell if I stop thinking and just post whatever that comes in mind.

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5401

                    #2514
                    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    The idea was that I was willing to take the risk to throw myself into my own fray so you can read me properly.
                    Then explain that to me and not like, half of this other stuff you're saying.


                    ......Even if that's true, why not just offer to answer questions in real time or ramble to yourself and post whatever you freeform? As a town that's far easier and less scummy to go about it.
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #2515
                      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                      Then explain that to me and not like, half of this other stuff you're saying.


                      ......Even if that's true, why not just offer to answer questions in real time or ramble to yourself and post whatever you freeform? As a town that's far easier and less scummy to go about it.
                      I should have done that, I just didn't think of doing it.

                      I can still do it if you want.

                      Comment

                      • Hakulyte
                        aka Haku
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 4697

                        #2516
                        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                        Honestly, I thought that this game had enough players doing raw commentary and I was like "hey, I'll actually try to do something relevant".

                        Comment

                        • ShadoWolfe
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 171

                          #2517
                          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by Hakulyte
                          The idea was that I was willing to take the risk to throw myself into my own fray so you can read me properly.
                          Oh.
                          If you're talking about responding to my big post, then thank you for being willing to do that to address my points? You kind of had to, because it was a response to your push in the first place.

                          My questions weren't a minefield though, because my push now is based on you changing your reasoning several times, even where it became contradictory.

                          Also you said it was for my entertainment that you'd respond while saying you initially pushed for a reaction test, and you've yet to explain that to me (your response was confusing and you said contradictions weren't a surprise).

                          Just explain this, please:
                          Originally posted by Hakulyte
                          Rereading myself made me realize how they're not really as incriminating as I thought it would be.
                          Originally posted by Hakulyte
                          I knew I posted garbage in the first place
                          Without saying that contradictions weren't surprising and without saying that this happened when you walked into the minefield for my entertainment, because those posts are both before your big response to my big post.





                          Originally posted by Hakulyte
                          I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                          Comment

                          • MixMasterLar
                            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 5401

                            #2518
                            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                            I literally have a headache right now
                            ​

                            Comment

                            • ShadoWolfe
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 171

                              #2519
                              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                              Also MML it's not terribly important but I'm awfully curious..





                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                              Originally posted by YoshL
                              "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                              Originally posted by mellon_collie
                              "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                              Comment

                              • Hakulyte
                                aka Haku
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 4697

                                #2520
                                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                                "they're not really as incriminating as I thought it would be" and "I posted garbage" sounds about the same thing to me.

                                Comment

                                Working...