TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ShadoWolfe
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2009
    • 171

    #2596
    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I think I know what's going on here.

    DFR is trying to pocket me in case he dies, flip wolf and this goes to F3.
    The reason would be to associate his flip with mine so you guys have more reasons to lynch me next phase.

    dadcop2 will probably go like "I don't like Haku because he doesn't like me anymore, lynch him" and you guys will be stuck picking between a coin toss and me who did that big derp.
    This doesn't make any sense.

    1. You're the last person anyone wants to pocket right now

    2. That's not how pocketing works or what pocketing is.. "associating his flip with mine" isn't pocketing, it's leaving a red herring.

    3. In that f3 situation, why would you and dadcop both still be alive? One of you is almost certainly getting lynched this phase.

    4. Even if he were a wolf, there's a distinct chance that you could also be a wolf, and he has no way of knowing if that's the case.





    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
    Originally posted by YoshL
    "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

    Comment

    • Hakulyte
      aka Haku
      • Jul 2005
      • 4697

      #2597
      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

      This is really early game and probably more of a take than anything, but I think MML nailed it without realizing it.
      @ calc prof vote
      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      If last game taught me anything it was the person who throws the first vote is actually the wolf.

      Only reason to make this play is if your partner was under pressure

      dAnce+FlashRevo
      They may have not realized they were partners by that point, but even if you don't know, it's still applies.

      Comment

      • Hakulyte
        aka Haku
        • Jul 2005
        • 4697

        #2598
        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

        [QUOTE=ShadoWolfe;4502228]This doesn't make any sense.

        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
        1. You're the last person anyone wants to pocket right now
        Well, I guess I don't know what he's doing then.

        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
        2. That's not how pocketing works or what pocketing is.. "associating his flip with mine" isn't pocketing, it's leaving a red herring.
        Okay, I mean red herring and didn't knew the terminology for it.

        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
        3. In that f3 situation, why would you and dadcop both still be alive? One of you is almost certainly getting lynched this phase.
        Ideally, you don't want dadcop2 and me in that F3. I was thinking of worst case scenario.

        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
        4. Even if he were a wolf, there's a distinct chance that you could also be a wolf, and he has no way of knowing if that's the case.
        Werewolf Parity Cop and safe NKs? danceguy died so, they had a chance to target another wolf to find partners.
        At 5 players left, it feels like the likeliness of him knowing isn't that bad.

        Comment

        • ShadoWolfe
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2009
          • 171

          #2599
          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

          [QUOTE=Hakulyte;4502230]
          Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
          This doesn't make any sense.


          Well, I guess I don't know what he's doing then.


          Okay, I mean red herring and didn't knew the terminology for it.


          Ideally, you don't want dadcop2 and me in that F3. I was thinking of worst case scenario.


          Werewolf Parity Cop and safe NKs? danceguy died so, they had a chance to target another wolf to find partners.
          At 5 players left, it feels like the likeliness of him knowing isn't that bad.
          Oh shit, you're right. I forgot about the wolf parity cop. If DFR's the scumcop, why's he defending you? Don't say to leave a red herring, because it's a lot likelier that you get lynched than him at this point.





          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
          Originally posted by YoshL
          "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

          Comment

          • Hakulyte
            aka Haku
            • Jul 2005
            • 4697

            #2600
            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
            Oh shit, you're right. I forgot about the wolf parity cop. If DFR's the scumcop, why's he defending you? Don't say to leave a red herring, because it's a lot likelier that you get lynched than him at this point.
            If I get lynched, he won't need to bother answering that because the game will be over.

            Comment

            • dadcop2
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2016
              • 229

              #2601
              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by Hakulyte
              Oh, I'm actually curious now. What made you change your mind exactly?
              i read back and saw that what you were saying was a little more significant than a few stumbles. there were a lot of contradictions that shado pointed out that i really only acknowledged after looking at his arguments without any bias

              Comment

              • Hakulyte
                aka Haku
                • Jul 2005
                • 4697

                #2602
                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by dadcop2
                i read back and saw that what you were saying was a little more significant than a few stumbles. there were a lot of contradictions that shado pointed out that i really only acknowledged after looking at his arguments without any bias
                Go catch up with the rest of the thread if you haven't already, this should help you give you a better idea of where I am now.

                I think ShadoWolfe left you some questions as well.

                Comment

                • dadcop2
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2016
                  • 229

                  #2603
                  Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by Hakulyte
                  Go catch up with the rest of the thread if you haven't already, this should help you give you a better idea of where I am now.

                  I think ShadoWolfe left you some questions as well.
                  i think you mean dfr

                  Comment

                  • Hakulyte
                    aka Haku
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 4697

                    #2604
                    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                    Oh, yeah DFR had quotes as well.

                    Comment

                    • ShadoWolfe
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 171

                      #2605
                      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by Hakulyte
                      If I get lynched, he won't need to bother answering that because the game will be over.
                      I wasn't asking him, I was asking you. You're the one claiming that he's wolf parity cop so, in that world, why is he defending you?





                      Originally posted by Hakulyte
                      I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                      Originally posted by XelNya
                      " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                      Originally posted by YoshL
                      "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                      Originally posted by mellon_collie
                      "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                      Comment

                      • Hakulyte
                        aka Haku
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 4697

                        #2606
                        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                        I wasn't asking him, I was asking you. You're the one claiming that he's wolf parity cop so, in that world, why is he defending you?
                        Well, he's been town reading him up to that push I did about you. So, there's that.
                        He haven't clearly told me why he's been town reading me. I think he doesn't want me to adapt my game if I found out how he's doing it.
                        You're more likely to get a good answer if you ask him.

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #2607
                          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                          him = me*

                          Comment

                          • dadcop2
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2016
                            • 229

                            #2608
                            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by danceflashrevo
                            Code:
                            1. Hakulyte - null
                            2. AragakiAyase shadowwolfe - town
                            6. danceflashrevo - town
                            7. MixMasterLar - null
                            10. dadcop2 - scum
                            The reads in question. Yeah I am claiming town. Because I am town. And I'd like to look at the active player list like this so I can use PoE to find out who the wolves are. This was my stance at the beginning of the phase. Shado is listed as town because AA and shado not really doing anything scummy imo. Haku dropped from town to null because I have to reevaluate people because this is final 5.

                            About the Haku/shado argument. I agree that it looks like he's backpedaling. I can't say that I really have a very strong opinion on it yet. I wanna see how it develops (on page 125 rn).



                            So because he's just being the aggressor you're scum reading him? Have you been scumreading MML all along? Why is he scum because he's going after haku? Nitpicking is kinda important at this point in the game.



                            This is really confusing. Especially when you're gonna see how simply the reads were explained. Where does that put you for the phase if I'm not as scummy and an oddball?



                            At this point he just kinda looks caught.



                            There's... a lot of reevaluating happening. Specifically on you being a wolf at this rate lmao

                            Pg. 126 just kinda read to me... strangely. Haku seems kinda defeated definitely. The mood or emotion definitely changed.



                            Why did you have a need to proofread?



                            Why are you flipflopping on haku? Are you now reading shado town?
                            why are you claiming town so soon? you don't really have a wagon on you right now

                            i haven't been scumreading mml and based on the arguing between haku and shado, i have haku at slight scum and shado back to null (he still confuses me with his earlier posts). i'm not flipflopping on haku, i went from town to slight scum ONCE. is it really a crime for me to change my mind? don't act as if your stances are super solid either

                            and yeah, haku admitted already that he got caught acting scummy basically. i'm trying to see if his actions after the fact are more scummy or towny though. his push was scummy for sure but why not give him the benefit of the doubt for now?

                            Comment

                            • ShadoWolfe
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 171

                              #2609
                              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              Well, he's been town reading him up to that push I did about you. So, there's that.
                              He haven't clearly told me why he's been town reading me. I think he doesn't want me to adapt my game if I found out how he's doing it.
                              You're more likely to get a good answer if you ask him.
                              That first sentence doesn't make sense. Who's him? We're about you and DFR.
                              I'm not asking you why DFR is townreading you. He says it's cause you put in effort and read purely.

                              I'm asking you why the Scumcop DFR that you described would defend you in the world that you described. You're the only one who can answer that because it's your speculation in the first place. I can't "ask him" because he can't answer that. Only thing he can say is "idk because I'm not the scumcop".





                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                              Originally posted by YoshL
                              "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                              Originally posted by mellon_collie
                              "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                              Comment

                              • dadcop2
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2016
                                • 229

                                #2610
                                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                                @dfr you had haku as a solid town at one point and now you're suspicious of him? don't accuse me of flipflopping lmao

                                Comment

                                Working...