TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • soramimi
    Cat Army Coordinator
    • Jul 2013
    • 333

    #1006
    Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

    Busy reading up...

    Comment

    • soramimi
      Cat Army Coordinator
      • Jul 2013
      • 333

      #1007
      Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

      @sunfan, yes, that does answer my question. I was a bit offput when after the cedo lynch gained momentum that you unvoted. I realize it's early and all and I'm sure you wanted to wait to see what other input we could get, but you removed your vote from your primary suspect. It struck me as odd.

      @cedo, why didn't you say "I'm the vigi" rather than "I killed james" when you initially made your claim? Would have spared some confusion. Also the "I lied, I'm a vigi"... were you wanting us to think you were SK?

      Comment

      • Crazyjayde
        FFR Veteran
        • May 2007
        • 1169

        #1008
        Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

        I was also wondering about role distributions earlier but I can't quite figure it out. It's unfortunate that we can't have Yoshl make another analyze. With that said I'll try to understand the basics and get us solid intel.

        Also, I want to get back on what I said about yesterday's lynch. If cedo really has vigied Dance between the two night kills (see below as to why I think so), then the wolves might have been on a power role hunt yesterday, therefore there's no distancing whatsoever in this kill, or maybe not even any underlying intention. In that sense, I think they wanted to get rid of their most suspicious heavy poster, and that way, try to gain more control in day phases OR be able to skate by as they were gathering heat from Yoshl. I think the first one is more plausible. In any case, looking at active posters quitting D2 and their change of behavior in D3 is worth the shot.

        -

        On the cedo claim:

        What a clumsy claim, although I think it says more than what it is. For sure, it changes a shit ton the perspective of the last day.
        There's no chance the SK will come out of the blue fake-claiming, considering wolves are both looking out for PR and him, it's an instant death. Although, it is possible a wolf will, I'd still suggest it wouldn't get them anywhere with the current context. With the possibility of the counterclaim, they'd save maybe one day, and it's an enormous risk especially if they don't know the affiliation of the author of the second kill. This is where I think wolves are also interested in role distribution, but given its importance I think we shouldn't hold it private. Although if that's the case and the vigi is out there, I don't think I need to stress the importance of a counterclaim.

        This preoccupation aside, I've got next to no suspicion on cedo's claim. For reasons above, it's very reasonable to say that either the SK/vigi killed Dance, and the wolves bit Yoshl. I think wolves would want to stay clear of lynching Dance for the fact that the suspicion was stirring a lot of steam between players.

        And regarding this:

        Originally posted by thesunfan
        only way I see you getting lynched is if the wolves are dead and it comes down to an SK hunt.
        This is out of place. The current claim shatters any hint of an existing SK. There is now an identified threat and the wolves know damn well they'd better get them off their radar. Meaning after the next phase, wolves won't fear much anything. Almost certain cedo dies tonight, either that, or somebody is screwing with us.

        What do you think of it thesunfan? I'm rather interested to see why you didn't consider it.

        Comment

        • emerald000
          the Mathemagician~
          • Nov 2005
          • 1320

          #1009
          Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

          First of all, I made a script to compute what possible setups we have. Assuming cedo didn't lie, we have one of those:

          BBBBVVV
          BBBCVVV
          BBBDVVV
          BBBMVVV
          BBBTVVV
          BBCCVVV
          BBCDVVV
          BBCMVVV
          BBCTVVV
          BBDDVVV
          BBDMVVV
          BBDTVVV
          BBMMVVV
          BBMTVVV
          BBTTVVV
          BBVVVVV
          BCCCVVV
          BCCDVVV
          BCCMVVV
          BCCTVVV
          BCDDVVV
          BCDMVVV
          BCDTVVV
          BCMMVVV
          BCMTVVV
          BCTTVVV
          BCVVVVV
          BDDDVVV
          BDDMVVV
          BDDTVVV
          BDMMVVV
          BDMTVVV
          BDTTVVV
          BDVVVVV
          BMMMVVV
          BMMTVVV
          BMTTVVV
          BMVVVVV
          BTTTVVV
          BTVVVVV
          CCCCVVV
          CCCDVVV
          CCCMVVV
          CCCTVVV
          CCDDVVV
          CCDMVVV
          CCDTVVV
          CCMMVVV
          CCMTVVV
          CCTTVVV
          CCVVVVV
          CDDDVVV
          CDDMVVV
          CDDTVVV
          CDMMVVV
          CDMTVVV
          CDTTVVV
          CDVVVVV
          CMMMVVV
          CMMTVVV
          CMTTVVV
          CMVVVVV
          CTTTVVV
          CTVVVVV
          DDDDVVV
          DDDMVVV
          DDDTVVV
          DDMMVVV
          DDMTVVV
          DDTTVVV
          DDVVVVV
          DMMMVVV
          DMMTVVV
          DMTTVVV
          DMVVVVV
          DTTTVVV
          DTVVVVV
          MMMMVVV
          MMMTVVV
          MMTTVVV
          MMVVVVV
          MTTTVVV
          MTVVVVV
          TTTTVVV
          TTVVVVV

          If we also assume the N1 kill was somehow blocked, we have one of these:
          BBBBVVV
          BBBCVVV
          BBBDVVV
          BBBMVVV
          BBBTVVV
          BBCCVVV
          BBCDVVV
          BBCMVVV
          BBCTVVV
          BBDDVVV
          BBDMVVV
          BBDTVVV
          BBMMVVV
          BBMTVVV
          BBTTVVV
          BBVVVVV
          BCCCVVV
          BCCDVVV
          BCCMVVV
          BCCTVVV
          BCDDVVV
          BCDMVVV
          BCDTVVV
          BCMMVVV
          BCMTVVV
          BCTTVVV
          BCVVVVV
          BDDDVVV
          BDDMVVV
          BDDTVVV
          BDMMVVV
          BDMTVVV
          BDTTVVV
          BDVVVVV
          BMMMVVV
          BMMTVVV
          BMTTVVV
          BMVVVVV
          BTTTVVV
          BTVVVVV
          CCCDVVV
          CCDDVVV
          CCDMVVV
          CCDTVVV
          CDDDVVV
          CDDMVVV
          CDDTVVV
          CDMMVVV
          CDMTVVV
          CDTTVVV
          CDVVVVV
          DDDDVVV
          DDDMVVV
          DDDTVVV
          DDMMVVV
          DDMTVVV
          DDTTVVV
          DDVVVVV
          DMMMVVV
          DMMTVVV
          DMTTVVV
          DMVVVVV
          DTTTVVV
          DTVVVVV


          I'll be back soon with what I thought about the EoD. Just have to refresh my memory a bit.

          Comment

          • cedolad
            moonchild~
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 6879

            #1010
            Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

            Originally posted by soramimi
            @cedo, why didn't you say "I'm the vigi" rather than "I killed james" when you initially made your claim? Would have spared some confusion. Also the "I lied, I'm a vigi"... were you wanting us to think you were SK?
            Well, I figured me just coming out saying I killed James carried more weight. Mind you he's the only dead Mafia... because of me.

            And no, initially I didn't want to come out as a vigi because I didn't want to say I killed dance, honestly I'm 100% ashamed I killed dance because of the flip.

            Comment

            • Crazyjayde
              FFR Veteran
              • May 2007
              • 1169

              #1011
              Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

              Cedo, this night phase I'd want you to abstain from your role. I'm thinking of something. We can control a lot if you don't die tonight.

              @cedo, I'm with sora on this one, why the lie and the sudden while restraint claiming your role?

              @emerald, thanks a bunch!

              Comment

              • Crazyjayde
                FFR Veteran
                • May 2007
                • 1169

                #1012
                Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                Ok answer I guess, but I still feel your urge to kill someone every night is something worth noting.

                Comment

                • thesunfan
                  Role Tide
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • May 2011
                  • 10859

                  #1013
                  Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                  @Jayde As my previous posts have indicated, I'm clearly incompetent when it comes to distributing roles, and I don't see how having a vigi would make having an SK impossible, though I do now see why there is almost certainly not an SK in this game. Most of the posts I've made today regarding distribution of roles are pretty dumb, and I apologize for that misconception. Regardless, that post does at least mention that cedo is completely off the chopping block imo. As for killing cedo or not, this always happens at least once every game but DON'T TELL THE WOLVES WHAT THEY SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT DO! There's literally no reason for us to mention what they should do in the thread. Don't give them ideas, you know better than that.

                  @sora People have been lynched after making claims when people vote without paying attention to the number of votes, or when anti-town players claim that they weren't paying attention to the votecount. (See how YMIA was lynched in No One Messes With The Frog, another C9++ game that was run on this site). I wasn't going to let that happen, even if he was my primary suspect.
                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                  Originally posted by star-crossed
                  (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                  Comment

                  • cedolad
                    moonchild~
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 6879

                    #1014
                    Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                    Simply for the flip. We haven't nailed a wolf since my N1 kill, after seeing the D2 flip, I was heavily determined to kill a wolf. Again that's why I'm so ashamed of killing dance. He was a strong human in most peoples reads and I went against the majority and now we (moreso I), am paying the price.

                    Comment

                    • thesunfan
                      Role Tide
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • May 2011
                      • 10859

                      #1015
                      Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                      wow, my response to sora doesn't make any sense given the context, what I mean to say was, I didn't want him to be insta'd too quickly. He was 2 away from insta, and people have been killed in previous games in similar situations due to negligence and laziness, and I didn't want that to happen, even if he was my lead suspect.
                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                      Originally posted by XelNya
                      I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                      Originally posted by star-crossed
                      (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                      Comment

                      • cedolad
                        moonchild~
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 6879

                        #1016
                        Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                        Don't lie Greg, you love me

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #1017
                          Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                          *turns away*
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • soramimi
                            Cat Army Coordinator
                            • Jul 2013
                            • 333

                            #1018
                            Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                            ps emerald, you are awesome.

                            Comment

                            • cedolad
                              moonchild~
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 6879

                              #1019
                              Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                              Well guys I'm off to work.

                              Comment

                              • Crazyjayde
                                FFR Veteran
                                • May 2007
                                • 1169

                                #1020
                                Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                Don't give them ideas, you know better than that.
                                Agreed, but it's not like the wolves aren't thinking the obvious. What I'm coming at, is that there is possibility that they don't, which is why I'm suggesting it might be beneficial to not send in a vigi kill this night.

                                Charu, are we following natural resolution? As in, will the wolves halt the vigi's actions upon kill?

                                Comment

                                Working...