TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #256
    Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

    Originally posted by Bynary Fission
    I agree that we shouldn't push for an lynch right now, but with extra votes on Danceguy it'll pressure him to explain himself better, which at the moment it seems he isn't willing to do.
    I don't really see anything warranting a response. most of the reasoning used in the votes placed on me has been about my own meta. don't have anything to say to that.

    Originally posted by psychoangel691
    I didn't mean it to be that no one ever changes up their game but it's not something that's reliable to go off of. Like for example people say that TPS becomes less interested when he's human and doesn't post as much. Well now that he's seen this, what says he wont switch up his game to make him appear one way or the other because of this?
    it's up to the person trying to build a read to decide how self-aware each player is and how much control they have over their own behaviors and responses. but yeah, that's absolutely possible.

    Comment

    • Bynary Fission
      Retired One-Hander
      • Jan 2008
      • 2437

      #257
      Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

      Originally posted by psychoangel691
      I didn't mean it to be that no one ever changes up their game but it's not something that's reliable to go off of. Like for example people say that TPS becomes less interested when he's human and doesn't post as much. Well now that he's seen this, what says he wont switch up his game to make him appear one way or the other because of this?

      Also in the last few games I've played I've noticed people really like to jump on Danceguy pretty fast.
      I can only speak for that one game (which turned out to be a valid accusation), but my point is that putting votes on somebody can get them to talk and therefore give us something to base an opinion off of. From what I've observed that's pretty much what got the ball rolling this game - it was dozens of posts of nonsense until votes started being tossed around in earnest. I don't know if he would switch up his game just like that but I'm going off of my past experience playing with him, and I'm willing to stand by my stance until I hear more opinions and statements.

      Originally posted by James May
      Oh I was, but the realization that I was allied with a wolf was x_x

      and fix'd
      Ahh, it was a lot of fun stringing you along and seeing how long I could keep it up.
      Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

      https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

      Comment

      • soramimi
        Cat Army Coordinator
        • Jul 2013
        • 333

        #258
        Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

        Read through everything, (13 pages already? Bwuuhhh,) and I'm pretty well in the "we need a lynch, but there isn't much to go off of" boat. I don't have any leans on anyone, and I'd like to hear more discussion before jumping on to voting. (Typical, vague response, I know.)

        Yes, day start does make it out to be a bit of a scramble, but with this game, I'm glad for it. Assuming I can math, we potentially could end up with 4 night kills. We already know there's a wolf kill, but assume there is also a vigi kill, 1-shot vigi kill, and serial killer kill. I know this would be worst case scenario, but it's a possibility.

        That said, I'm unvoting for now. I don't want to just jump onto a lynch because the train is heading that way. We have another day to get more information.

        I had way more to add to this, and I'm completely scatterbrained right now. I'm going to make myself some coffee and try to restart my brain.

        Comment

        • j-rodd123
          End of the road
          • Oct 2006
          • 3692

          #259
          Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

          alright home from the midterm which I absolutely crushed, unlike the one I got back today which for those of you who have me on snapchat saw the class average was 47%....... let's play some werewolf

          Originally posted by FictionJunction
          wow

          Comment

          • j-rodd123
            End of the road
            • Oct 2006
            • 3692

            #260
            Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
            inciting is your interpretation; I only asked a question to those who were voting meaculpa.



            I will give as much insight as I see fit whenever I see fit
            still catching up, whats with the stubbornness, weird tone coming off that second post. maybe it's role neutral but it's irking me from old danceguy I know

            Originally posted by FictionJunction
            wow

            Comment

            • j-rodd123
              End of the road
              • Oct 2006
              • 3692

              #261
              Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

              Originally posted by emerald000
              We need to kill somebody because if we don't the wolves will win. Lynching is the humans' way to win.
              I like this post, still early but throwing thin villa lean on emerald

              Originally posted by FictionJunction
              wow

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #262
                Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                still catching up, whats with the stubbornness, weird tone coming off that second post. maybe it's role neutral but it's irking me from old danceguy I know
                I withhold certain information like "who do I think is human" and "what am I trying to accomplish by doing a certain thing" pretty often because I think going public with everything would be counterproductive. then I act smug about it because it's fun and because I am suuuuper good at this game

                Comment

                • j-rodd123
                  End of the road
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3692

                  #263
                  Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                  Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                  I withhold certain information like "who do I think is human" and "what am I trying to accomplish by doing a certain thing" pretty often because I think going public with everything would be counterproductive. then I act smug about it because it's fun and because I am suuuuper good at this game
                  jajaja that's fair me too im the LOCK CLEAR GOAT

                  im lock clear already so feel free to sponge me on my next post which will be voting a wolf

                  hint: it's kind of shocking, they have no votes yet

                  Originally posted by FictionJunction
                  wow

                  Comment

                  • j-rodd123
                    End of the road
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 3692

                    #264
                    Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                    bynary fission, I really feel like your logic re not having a lynch is fake. I know you've played before so im not quite sure why you don't see the value in a lynch, make tone reads br0. feels like you're trying too hard to sound pro town. don't worry about lynching a green, it happens, anyway ur caught this early lol

                    Originally posted by FictionJunction
                    wow

                    Comment

                    • Bynary Fission
                      Retired One-Hander
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 2437

                      #265
                      Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                      Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                      I don't really see anything warranting a response. most of the reasoning used in the votes placed on me has been about my own meta. don't have anything to say to that.
                      I was referring to the bandwagon/defensive response (which j-rodd noted below)

                      Originally posted by j-rodd123
                      bynary fission, I really feel like your logic re not having a lynch is fake. I know you've played before so im not quite sure why you don't see the value in a lynch, make tone reads br0. feels like you're trying too hard to sound pro town. don't worry about lynching a green, it happens, anyway ur caught this early lol
                      What do you base that off of? I stated my apprehension to lynching this early was related to the dearth of evidence at this stage of the game - my logic is identical to what others have stated (e.g psychoangel). I voted for Danceguy because I was willing to go with cedolad and emerald's judgement on the matter at this point, if nothing else to see where it led. My posts have already delineated that idea.

                      And why would you say "don't worry about lynching a green it happens" like it was so casual? It's not something you do lightly, even if it just "happens" like you say. Emerald at least was willing to state a more logical reason for it - that it's better to have some chance to get a wolf than none at all. Your statement seemed awfully flippant in that regard.
                      Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

                      https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

                      Comment

                      • j-rodd123
                        End of the road
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3692

                        #266
                        Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                        Originally posted by Bynary Fission
                        I was referring to the bandwagon/defensive response (which j-rodd noted below)



                        What do you base that off of? I stated my apprehension to lynching this early was related to the dearth of evidence at this stage of the game - my logic is identical to what others have stated (e.g psychoangel). I voted for Danceguy because I was willing to go with cedolad and emerald's judgement on the matter at this point, if nothing else to see where it led. My posts have already delineated that idea.

                        And why would you say "don't worry about lynching a green it happens" like it was so casual? It's not something you do lightly, even if it just "happens" like you say. Emerald at least was willing to state a more logical reason for it - that it's better to have some chance to get a wolf than none at all. Your statement seemed awfully flippant in that regard.
                        it sounds like ur trying to appear so pro town when in fact a no lynch doesn't help. we get a lot of info from a lynch, it's inarguably the best source of info in the game. Lynching greens happens every game, it is a casual part of werewolf haha, as a green try not to get mislynched. obviously lynching a red is best case scenario but if you play a game and expect not to lynch any humans then ur in fantasyland

                        Originally posted by FictionJunction
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • j-rodd123
                          End of the road
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 3692

                          #267
                          Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                          I mean you don't know ur lynching a green when you do it, but it gives a ton of info so especially early on it isn't the worst case scenario. feels like u don't believe your own logic

                          Originally posted by FictionJunction
                          wow

                          Comment

                          • Bynary Fission
                            Retired One-Hander
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 2437

                            #268
                            Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                            I do not disagree, especially since cardflipping is active this game. Read my exchange between cedolad again - I didn't want to push for a lynch (and I still don't) but I gave the vote as a means of trying to extract more information. I don't *want* a lynch right now, considering that we have a whole day to review and think things over. I know that lynching greens happens, but it doesn't mean I want to risk it just yet. I'm more cautious than you are - a lynch may give us information but it can also cause us to lose the game - I've witnessed it before even at the early stages of a game.

                            At the moment Danceguy is still several votes below the threshold for a lynch, and it seems that doing so has initiated a much more substantive discussion than the BS that was going on at the start of the game.
                            Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

                            https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

                            Comment

                            • YoshL
                              Celestial Harbor
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 6156

                              #269
                              Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                              read through really quick before call backs started (i'll be out again lol)

                              but bynary, continuing to state how we shouldn't be pushing for a lynch is dumb, because we can push all we want, as long as we don't insta until we're ready (i.e. tomorrow ish)

                              i say this like every game b/c of fiction, but stop worrying about being right, at least for like day 1 lynch. You can't be right about having a wolf until we have info.

                              and i'm out! <3 you all

                              also jrodd add my snapchat i'll tell u it later or something


                              Originally posted by Charu
                              Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                              Comment

                              • j-rodd123
                                End of the road
                                • Oct 2006
                                • 3692

                                #270
                                Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                                Originally posted by Bynary Fission
                                I do not disagree, especially since cardflipping is active this game. Read my exchange between cedolad again - I didn't want to push for a lynch (and I still don't) but I gave the vote as a means of trying to extract more information. I don't *want* a lynch right now, considering that we have a whole day to review and think things over. I know that lynching greens happens, but it doesn't mean I want to risk it just yet. I'm more cautious than you are - a lynch may give us information but it can also cause us to lose the game - I've witnessed it before even at the early stages of a game.

                                At the moment Danceguy is still several votes below the threshold for a lynch, and it seems that doing so has initiated a much more substantive discussion than the BS that was going on at the start of the game.
                                wait are you just saying you don't want an insta?? this response seems a bit more genuine so ur trending upward but I still think ur >rand wolf so my vote remains

                                Originally posted by FictionJunction
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...