TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #736
    Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

    laaaaaaaaame. I guess its better than on me but only slightly imo.

    I'm gonna elaborate on my townreads in a sec here, it's becoming important

    Comment

    • j-rodd123
      End of the road
      • Oct 2006
      • 3692

      #737
      Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

      Originally posted by YoshL
      tbh if i'm not around to actually say stuff at eod, my vote is fine where it is i think
      I think ill vote with u, sunfan is struggling

      Originally posted by FictionJunction
      wow

      Comment

      • j-rodd123
        End of the road
        • Oct 2006
        • 3692

        #738
        Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

        Originally posted by thesunfan
        did it answer it?
        no, ur saying you have an aggressive style but literally every post is just diplomatic - sounds fake to me, the reluctance and soft defense even when ur trying to paint someone as a possible wolf

        Originally posted by FictionJunction
        wow

        Comment

        • dAnceguy117
          new hand moves = dab
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2002
          • 10103

          #739
          Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

          I see it as second-guessing

          Comment

          • j-rodd123
            End of the road
            • Oct 2006
            • 3692

            #740
            Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

            but its literally like every post, and from someone who says they have an "aggressive" style. it doesn't feel pure in that sense

            Originally posted by FictionJunction
            wow

            Comment

            • thesunfan
              Role Tide
              Sectional Moderator
              • May 2011
              • 10859

              #741
              Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

              In my entire experience, I've never had more than two votes for me at a time, so this is a really new experience to me. I don't really see much point in pulling an afrobean and going crazy when I feel like I might be lynched. I'd agree that I'm struggling because I really don't know how to deal with this.
              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
              Originally posted by XelNya
              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
              Originally posted by star-crossed
              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #742
                Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                but its literally like every post, and from someone who says they have an "aggressive" style. it doesn't feel pure in that sense
                a lot of people say that, I say I play "aggressively" but I don't even know if I mean it lol. I say that based on other people saying it about my own play.

                day 1 was pretty consistent from sunfan

                Comment

                • soramimi
                  Cat Army Coordinator
                  • Jul 2013
                  • 333

                  #743
                  Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                  @Yoshl, you’re right. With the psychoangel/James exchange, I thought it over, and made notes of it, but never actually posted my thought processes on it. So me using “oh I thought that too” as a defence is pretty poor reasoning considering there’s no proof of it.
                  Re: newb card. I’ve actually only stated that once. Other players have pointed it out a few times, but that was the first time I’ve called it. I’m not even going to try to deny that I’m making stupid plays and not giving enough into the game. (Obvious solution: then fix it.) You guys are helping me a lot by telling me what I can improve on and where I’m making mistakes, so thank you. (Lame post is lame, shhh.)

                  As for lynch candidates…

                  emerald was one that stuck out for me on D1 because of how nonchalant he was with regards to casting votes. I didn’t like how he was up for taking out pretty well anyone just to see the lynch pushed. Right now, I’m pretty indifferent to him and thinking that D1 was exactly that: wanting a lynch to happen so we would have more info.

                  thesunfan, I’m probably tossing myself under the bus with this, but of all the players, you’ve been the one who has stepped in most to defend me when I say/do something off. I’m curious as to why. If someone is veering off in the direction of wolfy, why step in to help them? Others have taken this to mean they should drive further on me, but not you.

                  danceguy has been playing the initiator role in my opinion. He seems to put forth the voting candidates and then ask the rest of us to throw in our opinions of them. This feels way too controlled for me. While it’s boosting discussion, it’s really one-track and trying to steer us to go with his ideas. Put simply, I don’t like it. There have been a few instances too where when asked to share info, he just closes up and says that he doesn’t want to get into it right now.

                  (I really need to properly log posts so I can back this stuff up properly. It’s on my to-do list.)

                  Comment

                  • Crazyjayde
                    FFR Veteran
                    • May 2007
                    • 1169

                    #744
                    Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                    Sunfan is showing insecurity from pressure in what I think is a delayed reaction, sure, but a natural one. Emerald and dance exchanges have tipped the balance in favor of emerald. Both are voting for each other, but I feel both are giving me mixed feelings about their affiliation. To me it's more about who is supporting each wagons, and how they came to it.

                    I see a seemingly composed Danceguy throwing pressure on emerald without much intention, and I see a busy MeaCulpa and a UTR Velocity on the other side, barely skating by. And Yoshl of course, with an empty justification.
                    I'd like to go proceed this: lynch either this phase and the other the next.

                    dance

                    Comment

                    • thesunfan
                      Role Tide
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • May 2011
                      • 10859

                      #745
                      Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                      This is gonna be using a scale I found when I was writing up the histories for some earlier games, started by FishFishRevolution, gonna try it out because I really like how it looked, and it further describes my suspicions on people in a way that I think my previous lists don't. Lemme know if you guys hate the idea of it, though.

                      Velocity 6 I really wish you would post more. I can't really get a good grasp of what you are, but your reads list looked like you've been paying attention to the thread and making decisions of your own. Your vote on me, while very weak, does at least get credit for being early. I really hope people look to you if you're alive late in the game and still haven't said much of anything. As a side note, you should usually vote for your strongest wolf lean in the early parts of a phase, even if the crowd is going for your second-highest.

                      Silvuh 5 I was really, really, really sure of you. Now, I'm not. Pretty quiet play out of you Day One, which I honestly shouldn't have suspected, really. I think, after rereading the thread, Bynary was actually a better lynch for Day One. I'm going to chalk up the "list" problem to you trying to improve your future wolf game, for now. I've been watching you today the most, and you've really dropped down in suspicion on my list. Keep posting strong reads and such, and I'm pretty sure you'll be a really valuable human.

                      dAnceguy117 8 Oh boy, the one player I never read correctly. I'm really going off of the fact that my original suspicions were wrong about you, but its the first thing that popped into my head when I reread the thread again. Your aggression doesn't match your style, w/e, I was pretty confident I knew why. Now, I'm not so sure. Your play with cedolad in particular struck me as odd. You two have been veeeery distanced since Day One. In your potential targets for today, you had a lot of really quiet players, an easy target with Silvuh, and emerald, who you've been pushing to hell and I've tunneled since the beginning of the day. I think you've used me today, but it didn't work out as well, and the suspicion on me actually messed your plan up. You backing off after controlling the game also struck me as odd, you've never had a problem with being a vocal human before. I think you don't want the accountability after someone flips from a charge you led, but that the charge fell apart today. My initial reads on you are always pretty much wrong. I've only been right about you after my initial read during my first game, and I guess this is because I didn't know you as well back then. I'm guessing my friendship with you has really messed with my reads of you. That all said, I would only put cedo above you on this list, and I really hope I'm right about you two.

                      soramimi 3.5 I feel like you're just a new player without teammates to guide you. Yoshl's vote on you furthered this thought, ironically, I guess. Your vote on velo, I feel is a bit weak, and I'm a bit relieved that you've unvoted. You'd actually be lower on this list if not for a trend I've noticed in my play; there's always one player that fakes innocence really well and completely surprises me in the postgame. Three games ago, it was funnygurl, game after that it was Guest, maybe its you this game? People should look at your posts closely, I feel. Finally, don't worry about the SK until the wolves are dead. SK is more human-sided until the wolf-threat is taken care of. (While I was typing up this post, you asked me why I've been defending you. I do it because I defend my human reads. Its bitten me this game, as you can see from the James May experience, but its in my playstyle to defend my human reads. Its also apparently my fate to misread every single new player, so that might be part of it, too.)

                      j-rodd123 4 I don't really have too much against you. Your push on Bynary felt like it was driven by actual suspicion, and I've noticed a bit of hypocrisy from people that voted for him, too. You haven't really given me a reason to think you're a wolf, and I don't understand people's suspicion of you. Human points for thinking that dAnce is suspicious.

                      MeaCulpa 4 I don't know what to think of you. My feeling regarding you from Day One is still there, kinda. You seem to me like you're playing with something to prove, if that makes sense? Your vote for me was weak, and after I flip, people will probably look at that unless you back it up more. You claim to be busy, so the lower number of posts doesn't bother me too much, but I still would like you to step it up a bit, please.

                      emerald000 3 Man, quite a flip, I know. Your vote for me was really what put you here, as well as the defense from the pretty-much-100%-human Crazyjayde. Sometimes, I can tunnel really hard without noticing, and I think that might be what I've done with you this game. As I was writing up the histories, I noticed that you were one of the players I couldn't really read that well, and that probably scared me into suspecting you. I think dAnce noticed this because he knows me so well, and used this. That's really what I've gotten from rereading, at least. Also, I think you're one of the more calculating players, and you misnoting that I pushed for the Bynary lynch makes me think you're probably human as well, as I don't think you would make that mistake as a wolf.

                      Yoshl 3.5 Similar to j-rodd, you've been playing like I've been thinking you would. Your vote for soramimi, your early banter with j-rodd and your attacking of the weaker, less experienced and newer players (aside from Velocity, who you've kind of left alone more than I thought you would), put you here. I don't have any reason to suspect you, and apparently, neither does anyone else, which worries me a bit. If it gets to late game, and this keeps up, players would do well not to forget about you.

                      Crazyjayde .5 I'm not going to outright say you're human; anything can happen in this game. I am going to say, even after the James May flip, that if you're a wolf, I don't deserve to play this game. Keep up the analysis, and be the valuable human that I know you are. I don't think I need to really say anything else here.

                      cedolad 8.5 People should really look at how limited the discussion between you two has been. I think you guys have done a really good job distancing yourselves from one another. You've done an excellent job of saying very little, while looking like you're saying a lot. I had actually forgotten that you had four votes on you Day One for a long time. You're the king of flying UTR, and I think you're brandishing that talent this game.

                      Alright guys, I do hope you like the formatting of it, lemme know if you want to kill me after seeing all the different colors in one post.
                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                      Originally posted by XelNya
                      I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                      Originally posted by star-crossed
                      (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #746
                        Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                        reeeeads. if you wanna know more just ask



                        townreads:

                        jrodd - led by far the biggest charge in day 1. I think I'm gonna treat any huge push day 1 as a human tell until I see things start to change in the games played here.

                        YoshL - same as above. jumping at everything he sees, distracted, excitable. would be a superb job of acting out an excited townie if he's not one.

                        sunfan - mindmelding. until now I guess. I can fetch the post number upon request but he threw out a set of 5 or 6 townreads which matched mine exactly, when only a couple of them looked widely agreed upon in the thread.

                        jayde - yes, psychoangel's posts leading up to being replaced were a pretty big tell. I think psycho and jayde have both looked human anyway. I disagree with what YoshL said about already knowing James was red. I don't see that interaction as necessary if they were wolf/wolf. she was one of the only people who paid any attention to James.



                        null:

                        cedolad - I had him as suuuper towny recently, but valid points made about him here. I think disappearing is role-neutral for him. however, both his day 1 vote and his vote here have 0 accountability attached, which is kinda sketchy. originally had him way up in the townreads because of the confidence he showed when he was voting me, I saw that as a genuine lightbulb moment with a metaread (which was wrong lol).

                        soramimi - can't tell anything from the flip history. would hinge on a Silvuh flip I think, I give them a near-0 chance of both being wolves. tone sounds human to me.

                        Velocity - tongue-tied, clearly. based on what little I know about him I'd say that's role-neutral for him. I talked to him about a previous game when he was spectating and forming reads, and his explanations were "I can tell when someone is lying" pretty much. no clue.

                        MeaCulpa - my early wolfread was mostly because I thought humans were voting him. don't actually have much solid info to work with for what needs to be a good day 2 lynch. meh.



                        wolfreads:

                        Silvuh - pinged me right away. I mean that can be wrong but I want to pursue it. looks bad if soramimi flips town, looks good if soramimi flips wolf.

                        emerald - I will lynch on a day 2 based on what I saw from emerald in day 1 pretty much always. soft-defended a human without doing anything about it, ignored a huge chunk of players.

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #747
                          Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                          wow, this post looks like ass, never using this format again rofl. And jayde, I think we should see the flip before we decide to kill the second one, maybe? Just think you might've jumped the gun a little, maybe.
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • dAnceguy117
                            new hand moves = dab
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 10103

                            #748
                            Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                            sunfan you might as well ask me about talking about last game or whatever if it's gonna affect your read that much. what are you referring to

                            Comment

                            • thesunfan
                              Role Tide
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • May 2011
                              • 10859

                              #749
                              Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                              I really only want to do it if you're going to be lynched. If I say it, and you're town, it would hurt the team.
                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                              Originally posted by star-crossed
                              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                              Comment

                              • soramimi
                                Cat Army Coordinator
                                • Jul 2013
                                • 333

                                #750
                                Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                                Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                                reeeeads. if you wanna know more just ask
                                Why not just put it all out there to begin with? O.o

                                In any case, what about Silvuh stood out to you?

                                Comment

                                Working...