TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • j-rodd123
    End of the road
    • Oct 2006
    • 3692

    #346
    Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

    But #not #today xoxo

    Originally posted by FictionJunction
    wow

    Comment

    • emerald000
      the Mathemagician~
      • Nov 2005
      • 1320

      #347
      Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

      I seriously don't think Bynary is a wolf. It seems like it was a communication problem more than anything else. I also don't think a wolf would come out and say not to lynch anybody.

      I'd rather see someone like dAnce go.

      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #348
        Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

        Ok, just gonna post a general list without much/any backing up of who I feel would be a good lynch today, and who wouldn't before Lit.

        People I would rather not see lynched today:
        myself (of course)
        James May
        dAnceguy (yes, I changed my mind)
        j-rodd
        Yoshl
        cedolad

        People I am indifferent towards:
        Velocity
        Silvuh
        soramimi
        Psychoangel

        People I wouldn't mind seeing dead:
        Bynary Fission (also changed my mind here)
        MeaCulpa
        emerald

        Again, this is just a day one list, and some people I have as safe for today I am rather suspicious of, but don't think qualify as good candidates for a day one lynch.
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • thesunfan
          Role Tide
          Sectional Moderator
          • May 2011
          • 10859

          #349
          Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

          I forget who my vote is on so MeaCulpa. As for something I'd like you to clear up; have you played this game before on another site? Are you nervous about this game?
          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
          Originally posted by star-crossed
          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

          Comment

          • dAnceguy117
            new hand moves = dab
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2002
            • 10103

            #350
            Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

            Originally posted by emerald000
            I also don't think a wolf would come out and say not to lynch anybody.
            so you think that's a human tell? why?

            Comment

            • emerald000
              the Mathemagician~
              • Nov 2005
              • 1320

              #351
              Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
              so you think that's a human tell? why?
              I don't think a wolf would actually go out of their way to propose something as stupid as that. That doesn't necessarily means he is human, but I find it weird to lynch him because of that.

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #352
                Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                ok, so you meant to say you think it's a null tell.

                Originally posted by emerald000
                I seriously don't think Bynary is a wolf.
                this statement should imply that you seriously think Bynary is human. am I understanding correctly?

                Comment

                • James May
                  FFR Player
                  • Oct 2012
                  • 3817

                  #353
                  Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                  Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                  this statement should imply that you seriously think Bynary is human. am I understanding correctly?
                  If I may, I think what's he's trying to say is that Bynary isn't necessarily a wolf because of that slight hiccup, but not that he's human either. He probably has him null instead of town or wolf. I have him as null but to be honest, I'd rather lynch a null instead of an outright tell because it gives us much more info than if we already know that Person X is a (town/wolf)
                  bananas


                  Comment

                  • emerald000
                    the Mathemagician~
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 1320

                    #354
                    Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                    Not everything is black or white you know, specially in this game.

                    Comment

                    • emerald000
                      the Mathemagician~
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 1320

                      #355
                      Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                      Originally posted by James May
                      If I may, I think what's he's trying to say is that Bynary isn't necessarily a wolf because of that slight hiccup, but not that he's human either. He probably has him null instead of town or wolf. I have him as null but to be honest, I'd rather lynch a null instead of an outright tell because it gives us much more info than if we already know that Person X is a (town/wolf)
                      And no, lynching wolves is better than lynching humans. Period.

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #356
                        Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                        Originally posted by emerald000
                        Not everything is black or white you know, specially in this game.
                        there are only 2 sides here. if I say "I seriously doubt player x is a wolf" that means I think player x is human. otherwise, there wouldn't be such a strong doubt. your words need to reflect what you're trying to say.

                        Originally posted by James May
                        I have him as null but to be honest, I'd rather lynch a null instead of an outright tell because it gives us much more info than if we already know that Person X is a (town/wolf)
                        dude you've got it twisted. if you're a human then you don't already know player x is a human or a wolf; you just think that. the goal is to kill wolves.

                        Comment

                        • YoshL
                          Celestial Harbor
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 6156

                          #357
                          Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                          Originally posted by emerald000
                          And no, lynching wolves is better than lynching humans. Period.
                          Going to say this again.

                          You can't lynch wolves without any information.

                          If you serioiusly are making an attempt to play the most perfect game in which we vigi and lynch wolves 100% of the time, you need to get that notion out of your head.

                          Humans will die. Mislynches will happen. At least for day 1, lynching someone whose cardflip will give the most information is ideal.

                          You can't say "guys, we shouldn't be lynching humans, we need to lynch wolves" when you know jack shit about anything because of a lack of info.


                          Originally posted by Charu
                          Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                          Comment

                          • James May
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2012
                            • 3817

                            #358
                            Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                            dude you've got it twisted. if you're a human then you don't already know player x is a human or a wolf; you just think that. the goal is to kill wolves.
                            Look, I know that's our goal. But what I'm saying is that in this case, since we can't talk to anyone outside of the thread, a null read usually holds more info than a person that has obvious signs of whether or not said player is veering towards a wolf read. Never did I mention about the part that I bolded silly.
                            bananas


                            Comment

                            • emerald000
                              the Mathemagician~
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 1320

                              #359
                              Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                              Originally posted by YoshL
                              Going to say this again.

                              You can't lynch wolves without any information.

                              If you serioiusly are making an attempt to play the most perfect game in which we vigi and lynch wolves 100% of the time, you need to get that notion out of your head.

                              Humans will die. Mislynches will happen. At least for day 1, lynching someone whose cardflip will give the most information is ideal.

                              You can't say "guys, we shouldn't be lynching humans, we need to lynch wolves" when you know jack shit about anything because of a lack of info.
                              Of course. But James said that he would rather lynch a null that someone he thinks is a wolf, which seems like a mistake to me.

                              Comment

                              • dAnceguy117
                                new hand moves = dab
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2002
                                • 10103

                                #360
                                Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                                humans will *probably* die. mislynches will *probably* happen. that doesn't mean we want those things to happen.

                                information is good, but twiddling your thumbs until a sign from the heavens falls into your lap is the same thing as not playing. you get more information as you go IF you play the game.

                                humans should try to lynch their wolf reads because why would you not lynch someone you think is a wolf? why would you protect them?

                                Comment

                                Working...