jTWG LXXVIII (Gam red) - Welcoe to

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AragakiAyase
    Waifus
    • Apr 2015
    • 961

    #376
    Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

    Originally posted by storn42
    i think im having TWG reading confidence issues.
    Whether they're good reads or not they're still reads, don't stop
    Are there any players that you read null for a reason other than they haven't done anything?

    pikakirby123 reincarnated





    Comment

    • XelNya
      [Kaho]
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2012
      • 3369

      #377
      Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

      Originally posted by storn42
      whats to explain.. i cant get a good read on anybody.. therefore null..

      (town = anything from slight lean to confirmed town)
      kiba is town. i know him enough to know how he plays and nothing feels off yet.
      AA seems town - feels like the same guy as his first TWG (aka so towny NK N1)

      and the rest.. idk.. i cant get any good reads on anyone...


      That's not how this fuckin' works.

      Comment

      • storn42
        RIP Storn D0-D0
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jun 2012
        • 3474

        #378
        Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
        Whether they're good reads or not they're still reads, don't stop
        Are there any players that you read null for a reason other than they haven't done anything?
        no.. more mental issues than confident in posting.. like i dont even know how i feel about people.... idk... maybe its not confidence issues... either way i'm having trouble getting anyhting.


        Originally posted by Xiz
        "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
        Originally posted by the sun fan
        I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


        Comment

        • storn42
          RIP Storn D0-D0
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jun 2012
          • 3474

          #379
          Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

          im going to step out of the thread. i'l come back with a fresh mind ready to play...


          Originally posted by Xiz
          "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


          Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


          Comment

          • XelNya
            [Kaho]
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2012
            • 3369

            #380
            Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

            I'm gonna go to bed, I got work later, so I will try to be around for eod but no promises

            you are warned in some advance so I dun wanna see that "he disappeared" shit later

            Comment

            • YoshL
              Celestial Harbor
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Aug 2008
              • 6156

              #381
              Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

              Originally posted by XelNya
              Also Yoshl this thought just occurred to me, but are the same ass holes who stole your letters the same as who planted the mispelling bomb?

              /this joke is gonna suck if my memory is wrong and you were not the host of that game
              it's a "Mis-speling BOM" btw

              enith (1) - ston
              hesuf [1] - aaaaa
              dfr [1] - henfa
              aaaaa [1] - xel

              votecount hasn't changed


              Originally posted by Charu
              Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

              Comment

              • _Zenith_
                Accuracy Player
                • Mar 2011
                • 4629

                #382
                Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

                Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                Why Ben? (Assuming you're reading him as wolf) All I get from benguin is null because he hasn't posted jack shit this game. Yes activity can be alignment indicative but aside from that pushing him towards a wolf lean I have nothing on him.



                That's helpful
                When I'm being scumread I at least like to know why.



                Why are you both doing this
                Is it because it's a jtwg? Withholding information seems scummy to me. In almost every case town benefits from more content (counterexamples would be prs outing themselves too early) so I don't see why you wouldn't share. I'll post a read list later I'm going back to sleep
                I haven't gone through Benguin yet in terms of rereading again, but there are a few things that I can look for when interrogating Benguin such as him being immediately active and now he has alerted us of his situation. My first game was with Benguin as a wolf and he is exhibiting a similar playstyle to that game than his innocent town game. There's more to read about Benguin, but I'm only keeping my eye on him.

                I am not giving you that answer because you guys should be able to read the mindmeld Sunfan and I had at that time. He is withholding information, I am merely withholding the answer to a read that was justifiably confusing to read into.





                Comment

                • AragakiAyase
                  Waifus
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 961

                  #383
                  Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

                  Originally posted by _Zenith_
                  I am not giving you that answer because you guys should be able to read the mindmeld Sunfan and I had at that time. He is withholding information, I am merely withholding the answer to a read that was justifiably confusing to read into.
                  Well I can't at the moment so that's great
                  I'm going shopping so will be back in an hour, will make a megapost then.

                  pikakirby123 reincarnated





                  Comment

                  • _Zenith_
                    Accuracy Player
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 4629

                    #384
                    Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

                    Originally posted by storn42
                    reading through the thread a little... and... i got nothing.

                    everyone is either town lean or null right now and... idk...

                    zenith still feels awkward to me... between the things like his self vote, and how he said he wanted to see the night kill.... maybe i haven't seen enough zenith town play... but this just feels off to me.. i mean, i can understand him wanting to see the night kill, but it just felt awkward..
                    perhaps this is just me wanting to find a read and tunnel in on it, but i dont know... i think playing so many woof games has fucked up my ability to read well. lol...
                    I might have to agree that you slowly lost the ability to read well from rolling so many consecutive wolf games (I too am rebounding from this from back to back wolf games). However, it shouldn't stop you from interpreting what is artificial and what is pure.

                    Also, I kind of changed my lynch preferences. Storn and Kiba both exhibit misguided town more than inexperienced wolf so I might not emplore a lynch on them as of now. Instead, I may enforce dfr being lynch with the next best being benguin.





                    Comment

                    • _Zenith_
                      Accuracy Player
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 4629

                      #385
                      Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

                      Wish more people were here before I have to travel to a bday party for my nieces.





                      Comment

                      • AragakiAyase
                        Waifus
                        • Apr 2015
                        • 961

                        #386
                        Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

                        benguin
                        Will probably move this later. Apologies for not being as active as I normally am, I've been feeling pretty sick this weekend and have been sleeping a lot more than normal as a result. Here's my current reads list:

                        Storn: He's rolled wolf the last few games and it's been pretty obvious in those games (no offense lol). His tone this game is much more pure and less awkward, although it seems to be lacking confidence in posts like this one and this one where he tries to make reads. He had a really awkward vote on zenith early in the game based off of a gutread except he didn't say it was a gutread at first which was confusing. I see two possible scenarios here: either he rolled wolf again and has improved his play or he's town and is genuinely confused because so far his reads haven't been very helpful as they've all been null (but he's said so himself that he's having trouble reading). The having trouble reading excuse is either cover for not having good reads because he's a wolf or it's legit and I'm not sold either way. Null with a slight town lean I suppose.

                        Greg: We've sort of mindmelded on dfr playing very strangely so far. He didn't do much early on but that was because of lack of time and he's really picked up his game so far. He asked me if I was human but didn't like my answer; I don't really know what to say about that because it seems like he was expecting something and I didn't give it to him? If he chooses to read me that way then that sucks because it's distracting from actual scumhunting. I'm not ruling out the scenario where he's on his vet wolf game and is trying to push something on me for reasons yet unknown. He made a good point about whether to out roles or not when he said that if someone is playing scummy they should be pushed on regardless of role. I haven't really heard his thoughts on zenith or xel yet (or the inactives but who knows about them) so I want him to post about those, but so far he's done a good job of pushing on scummy players (dfr) and generating discussion. Second strongest town, although like xel I'm scared that he could just be a really good wolf.

                        Xel: Much more active this game than last game. He's actually been posting some good reads like in this post. Most of his other posts have been the usual anime gifs but I see him trying to get into the heads of other people which seems more town than not like here and here. I'd like him to post an updated reads list because I haven't actually heard his opinions since early D1 and I'd like to know what he's thinking right now. He's giving off a town vibe this game, maybe because he's more active but his posting feels very different from last game where it seemed like he was just trying to cover up the fact that he was a wolf. Here he's actively trying to gather information before he really pushes on people (I assume). He's most town beneath zenith and greg, but like greg I'm wary because they're both vets and could easily be tricking me.

                        Psycho: She's had a whopping 3 posts so far so there's not really much to say. She pinged zenith out for trying overly hard to look human and not having a good lynch target yet, but didn't really say whether she thought it was alignment indicative. As null as can be.

                        Zenith: Has easily posted and contributed the most this game. Early in the game he pinged out several people to get them to speak up which definitely earns him some town points there. He seems supremely confident that he won't be lynched when he self-voted here which I see as townie because I don't think that a wolf would have that sort of confidence, unless he's really good at bluffing. I don't like his post here because as a town it's better to be read as a wolf but alive so that you can help steer the game in the right direction, but that's a small thing. His reads are flexible and he's not being stubborn like when he originally reads storn as town, changes him to a lynch target, and then changes him back to likely town. I can see this in two ways: wishy-washy because as a wolf he doesn't know who is best to push a mislynch on, or genuinely rereading the situation and adjusting his reads accordingly. Based on all the other stuff that has happened in this game I'm going with the latter. He ignored my question in this post as to why he pinged out DFR for help and I'd still like that answered. Had a mindmeld with greg that he won't share and that bugs me but I'll figure it out later. He's had a few things I didn't like but still definitely my strongest townread at the moment.

                        Kiba: It doesn't seem like he's had any experience with TWG before. His posts give off the air of a very inexperienced player who's just trying to figure out the game, but it seems more town oriented than scum. He's attempted to read a few people in posts like this one and this one but so far there hasn't been too much. His post about the nightkill is interesting but I think it's more out of healthy curiosity than anything else. The nightkill will give us a lot of clues about who the wolves are. Aside from that most of his posts haven't had much content but I'll clear him for now given his tone and being a newbie. I'd like to hear more from him as the game progresses but he's ok for now. Medium town lean.

                        DFR: I really don't like how dfr is playing this game. A good portion of his posts have been shitposting and he hasn't contributed much. He has attributed his inactivity to lots of things interrupting his schedule such as laundry, soccer game, etc. but hasn't done much, if anything, in the times that he has been around. His reads have been pretty mediocre and lacking detail, which maybe I can chalk up to being early in the game and there not being much content. By the time he made his most recent reads list in this post there was plenty of content to go off of but as you can see his reads were very light and not very convincing for the most part. It seems like he's backpacking off of other people, like when he has his read on zenith; it seems very similar to what I've said in posts here and here. He hasn't offered any new content and is just reusing arguments that people have already put forward. Most of his reads barely have any justification or reasoning behind them and some have none at all. He said here that he says a lot in text but so far I haven't seen that. My top wolf read at the moment but I'll move my vote to him later in the day if things don't change.

                        Benguin: I'm echoing greg's thoughts here but so far I'm very disappointed with benguin. He seemed very eager and intent on participating and being active in this game and so far has had absolutely no content. The only post even remotely resembling content was early in the shitpost phase here, and maybe a few posts here. Since then there's been nothing but promises to be active that he hasn't delivered on. I'm not reading his inactivity as alignment indicative yet for two reasons: I haven't played with benguin before, and I try to only use activity level to determine alignment as a last resort if there are no other options. Benguin, please post more and actually do something, you're hurting town by not being here (unless you're a wolf in which case it makes sense). My read on him is null with maybe the slightest of wolf reads because unless this is a regular thing with him, I just don't see a town upping and leaving town behind with no explanation other than a few random excuses. Not my top lynch for today but he'll get there if he doesn't do something.


                        Players in order from most town to least (or least likely to most likely to lynch):

                        Zenith
                        Kiba
                        Storn
                        Benguin
                        DFR

                        pikakirby123 reincarnated





                        Comment

                        • AragakiAyase
                          Waifus
                          • Apr 2015
                          • 961

                          #387
                          Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

                          Fuck I didn't finish typing up the town to least town list

                          Most town to least:

                          Zenith
                          Greg
                          Xel
                          Kiba
                          Storn
                          Psycho
                          Benguin
                          DFR

                          pikakirby123 reincarnated





                          Comment

                          • AragakiAyase
                            Waifus
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 961

                            #388
                            Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

                            Also I delayed my shopping for this so I'll be gone for an hour or so now

                            pikakirby123 reincarnated





                            Comment

                            • AragakiAyase
                              Waifus
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 961

                              #389
                              Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

                              Also I wanted to say about greg that even though he's reading me as scum for what seems to be a dumb reason, scumhunting even for dumb reasons is better than not at all. And his read on dfr and pushing for a lynch on him is good because it seems like we're finally going to be able to solidify a target.

                              pikakirby123 reincarnated





                              Comment

                              • _Zenith_
                                Accuracy Player
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 4629

                                #390
                                Re: jTWG LXVIII (Gam hread) - Welcoe to

                                I chose to ask DFR then because he was there in thread and I needed a third party mind to come in and read. It could've been anyone who was active and I saw him name.

                                Don't look too hard and Sunfan and I's mindmeld about Kiba's type of read on storn and the significance of it.

                                If there is anything that sticks out besides Mashi style reads list, it would be you have Benguin leaning wolf more than Psycho, and that's extremely weird. Benguin at least has content presented and if you are reading him wolf due to that then this post goes into irrelevancy; but you surely cannot place a player with 2-3 posts with one of those posts having content higher than a player with ~15-20 posts.





                                Comment

                                Working...