jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cold Kitten
    i love (purple things)
    • May 2009
    • 1341

    #661
    Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

    warning you guys now that i won't be around for day phase start as i work until 1 or 2 tonight


    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
    it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

    Comment

    • Cold Kitten
      i love (purple things)
      • May 2009
      • 1341

      #662
      Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

      also choof that was a SUPER awkward claim and i'm really not sure why you did that, if you are actually the tracker


      Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
      it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

      Comment

      • choof
        Banned
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Nov 2013
        • 8563

        #663
        Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

        I'm not, that's the point

        in simpler setups

        Comment

        • choof
          Banned
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2013
          • 8563

          #664
          Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

          oops, in simpler setups here I want to try some gambits considering how much I've played with emotion in the past

          I mean, I thought it could have worked but charu kinda ruined it so w/e

          Comment

          • choof
            Banned
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Nov 2013
            • 8563

            #665
            Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

            Originally posted by Charu
            In other news, I tried helping someone recover data of a corrupted Flash Drive.

            I was unsuccessful, oops.

            Sorry.

            Comment

            • Cold Kitten
              i love (purple things)
              • May 2009
              • 1341

              #666
              Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

              k. welp. still weird. but whatever.


              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #667
                Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                Originally posted by choof
                oops, in simpler setups here I want to try some gambits considering how much I've played with emotion in the past

                I mean, I thought it could have worked but charu kinda ruined it so w/e
                Ruined it because the actual PR would freak out, yeah.

                I stated it before, but I state it again. It's either you ARE or you're NOT. No what if's about it, and now because you admitted that all of this was just a gambit, you're now forever in the ??????? unless the real PR does claim, in which case you're a bad data point that is entirely red sided and town should lynch you.

                I think you're the one that mentioned anti-play. This is it right here if you're VT, my good sir.


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • Charu
                  Snivy! Dohoho!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 6207

                  #668
                  Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                  Originally posted by Cold Kitten
                  k. welp. still weird. but whatever.
                  Why are you passing it up? I will not let this go unchecked!


                  Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                  Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                  Had a very shiny nose
                  And if you ever saw it
                  You could even say it glows

                  All of the other Snivies
                  Used to laugh and call him names
                  They never let poor Charu
                  Join in any Snivy games

                  (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                  Comment

                  • Cold Kitten
                    i love (purple things)
                    • May 2009
                    • 1341

                    #669
                    Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                    because i don't have time to latch onto it right now.


                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

                    Comment

                    • tiloco217
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 6

                      #670
                      Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                      Choof's claim was pretty dumb and never going to work but I think it still buys him some town points. Way too much risk with way too little reward to do it as a mafia

                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #671
                        Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                        Originally posted by tiloco217
                        but I think it still buys him some town points.
                        You got be kidding me.

                        Originally posted by tiloco217
                        Way too much risk with way too little reward to do it as a mafia
                        While I agree with this somewhat, the wolves know Riot is a role without so much as having them do anything. If they can somehow nab two roles with a loss of one of their wolves, it's a good trade off... if certain conditions are meant after tonight, dohoho.

                        So don't you DARE tell me that's giving him town points.


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #672
                          Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                          Originally posted by Charu
                          but the difference about day and night is now wolves have the ability to communicate with each other as the day unfolds which means they can formulate posts a bit better and plan if the night phase is active (like now). It gives them more things to go for as well.
                          Oh hey, would you look at that, it's like I'm psychic or something.


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • choof
                            Banned
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Nov 2013
                            • 8563

                            #673
                            Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                            I think you're the one that mentioned anti-play. This is it right here if you're VT, my good sir.
                            okay sure I'll concede that but you can't bring up anti-play and say this

                            Originally posted by Charu
                            in which case you're a bad data point that is entirely red sided and town should lynch you.
                            in the same post

                            policy lynching someone for a failed gambit when you've been reading them green for the entire game is a good thing to do, right?

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #674
                              Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                              Reads change, wow!

                              Also, the only way you're clear with me now, bucko, is if no one cc's you IN THE NEXT DAY PHASE.


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • tiloco217
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 6

                                #675
                                Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                                Even if he is mafia trying to out the tracker there is very little reason to do it there. For one, choof is being pretty heavily town read already and since we are in the night phase he could coach his mafia buddy into doing it. If he were to do that as mafia then he would have to think that his mafia partner has an even better chance of surviving to pull out 1-2 more misslynches without him and I don't think there are very many players in the game that would have a better chance of doing that then choof would. Now imagine the world where he does it and the pr never outs (ie. this one). Now he has done absolutely nothing for himself or his mafia teammate except maybe narrow down the list of possible trackers and he has put himself in the center of attention. There isn't even a point in narrowing that list right now though because they are always going to kill the jailor tonight. If that was his plan then he would've waited until the next night

                                All of that being said there was no way that play was going to work from a town perspective either so it still was pretty dumb. The tracker could have outed which would have been disastrous and, like I said before, there is no chance he would die tonight even if somehow the mafia believed him and nobody counterclaimed because the jailor is still the vulnerable one.

                                Comment

                                Working...