jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cold Kitten
    i love (purple things)
    • May 2009
    • 1341

    #571
    Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

    i tried making a couple substantial posts and you guys literally just shit on them and grilled me for making a couple stupid mistakes. so sorry if i don't feel encouraged to do so again.

    one of my top scum reads just flipped town.

    and my confidence is severely shaken on the other top scum read.

    so i don't really know where to go from here.


    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
    it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #572
      Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

      Originally posted by Cold Kitten
      well you're saying don't use having real life shit to do as an excuse. so i don't know what else to say about it.
      It's that whenever I see it come up as a defense I just sigh in anger because I can't fault you for it because it's most likely not a lie and I also see it as a way of a cop out to have players back off.

      That's all, really.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • gold stinger
        Signature Extraordinare~~
        Event Staff
        Game Manager
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        Global Moderator
        • Jan 2007
        • 6429

        #573
        Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

        well, doesn't appear that I missed that much.
        Originally posted by YoshL
        butts.


        - Tosh 2014






        Comment

        • Charu
          Snivy! Dohoho!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 6207

          #574
          Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

          Originally posted by gold stinger
          well, doesn't appear that I missed that much.
          Yeah, night phases are usually free-form in what you do.

          You can choose to be quiet or not. It's really up to you if you want to give more info or hold it with you until the next phase granted you stay alive.

          I have confidence though that this is a special night phase as the wolves need to kill Riot because he's the only confirmed player at the moment. This is why I want him to say as much as possible before the inevitable happens.

          If this wasn't the case, usually the nights tend to be extremely quiet with not much info being thrown around.


          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
          Had a very shiny nose
          And if you ever saw it
          You could even say it glows

          All of the other Snivies
          Used to laugh and call him names
          They never let poor Charu
          Join in any Snivy games

          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #575
            Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

            Also, don't get used to talking during the night in future games if you chose to play some more TWG (And I hope you continue to player, Lugia-sempai!!!). This setup allows night talk to be allowed. There are other setups where talking right now is grounds for being modkilled.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • gold stinger
              Signature Extraordinare~~
              Event Staff
              Game Manager
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              Global Moderator
              • Jan 2007
              • 6429

              #576
              Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

              I see. Well, I just threw the summary of all my notes at the wall, so I haven't much else to say unless someone feels like they need to make a slip up for the hell of it.

              I'm half-expecting tiloco to finish reading, turn around and start the argument of lynching Zenith, because that's probably what I would do if I was in his shoes. Although I'm giving Zenith the benefit of the doubt for right now.
              Originally posted by YoshL
              butts.


              - Tosh 2014






              Comment

              • tiloco217
                FFR Veteran
                • Sep 2012
                • 6

                #577
                Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                So once again starting with Gradiant, I can't say I am too sad that he got killed as I probably wouldn't have gotten off of him at any point. Zenith's hammer is dumb but he is probably still town. Choof's vote on the other hand is super weird. He was calling Gradient town and then put a vote on him out of spite. Of course he had no reason to think that Gradient was going to get hammered there but he had very little reaction to it at all. I would expect him to be flipping shit if someone that he thought was town got hammered especially when it was from someone else he thought was town.

                I am not a fan of all of the pressure that has been put on CK. I think that her reads list was ok and her reactions to being pushed on have been decent. Definitely not enough for me to hard read her town but I certainly don't want her dead.

                Charu was starting to slip into my scum reads but his reaction to Gradient dying was pretty decent and most of the reason I was thinking he was scummy was because I was seeing him as a pretty likely partner with Gradient which obviously isn't true.

                GS's reads list was not very good in my opinion. He had some very surface level reads like wanting to kill Zenith because of his hammer and having pretty much the same circle of nulls as everyone else with little analysis of them. It is worth mentioning that I believe in his last reads list he said that he wanted to push on me if Gradiant flipped green and he seemed pretty hesitant in that reads list even though I haven't done much since then (although I may be mixing up him and Zenith)

                I just realized that nobody has really tried to push me since Gradiant's death even though I pushed pretty hard for the kill which is kind of weird. My initial reaction is that the mafia are intimidated by me and don't think they can get the misslynch. Unfortunately I think that could apply to almost anyone in the game but I think that might help Choof's case. Some people who I think would be more likely to be scared of pushing a misslynch on me are GS, zenith, riot (although obviously town), and CK (who I am pretty sure is the only one to have put me in a town list). I'll have to think about this one some more

                Comment

                • tiloco217
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 6

                  #578
                  Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                  by the way staying silent during the night phase is dumb. The night phase is every bit as useful for us as the next day is and we should take full advantage of it

                  Comment

                  • lurker
                    ur worst nitemare
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 1628

                    #579
                    Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                    GS' reads list is pretty okay. I'm going to object to the part about me because of course I am:
                    Originally posted by gold stinger
                    lurker has had a really laid back posting habit. The sort of shrugging gesture playstyle in my eyes. Consider it retaliation, but he tried to corral charu into trying to kill me off, but had that sort of "do what you want, I don't care." sort of feel. He's a sort of neutral to me but that's only because other people seem more suspicious. It feels like neutral, leaning towards red.
                    I think you're confusing yourself with Riot there. And while you're both obviously memelords, you shouldn't be making that kind of mistake. And yeah, not gonna lie, I am being sorta laid back, but it's more a reaction to last game than anything. I legit wrecked myself there.
                    some feathery f**k

                    Comment

                    • tiloco217
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 6

                      #580
                      Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                      Now to go full hypocrite and say that I am going to be playing video mafia tonight so whenever that starts I will probably gone from this for the (real) night so ask all the questions you have in the next hour and a half or so

                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #581
                        Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                        Originally posted by tiloco217
                        by the way staying silent during the night phase is dumb. The night phase is every bit as useful for us as the next day is and we should take full advantage of it
                        It's how FFR handles night phases.

                        I agree with you to an extent about talking at night, but the difference about day and night is now wolves have the ability to communicate with each other as the day unfolds which means they can formulate posts a bit better and plan if the night phase is active (like now). It gives them more things to go for as well.


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #582
                          Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                          Originally posted by Charu
                          day unfolds
                          Err... night unfolds*


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • tiloco217
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 6

                            #583
                            Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                            I am starting video mafia now so I will see you guys tomorrow. I better see 5 pages that I need to read

                            Comment

                            • Cold Kitten
                              i love (purple things)
                              • May 2009
                              • 1341

                              #584
                              Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                              have fun, tiloco. get them wolves.


                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

                              Comment

                              • gold stinger
                                Signature Extraordinare~~
                                Event Staff
                                Game Manager
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                Global Moderator
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 6429

                                #585
                                Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                                starting to have strong suspicions that CK & tiloco are both working together, or are both really fucking stupid.
                                Originally posted by YoshL
                                butts.


                                - Tosh 2014






                                Comment

                                Working...