jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vendetta21
    Sectional Moderator
    Sectional Moderator
    • Aug 2006
    • 2745

    #826
    Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

    plus i'm not letting him off i'm just trying to give him a big opportunity to try to prove he isn't a wolf cause my read of the environment being DADV could be totally wrong too

    Comment

    • blindreper1179
      Vice President Of TGB
      • Jun 2006
      • 5902

      #827
      Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

      V, you make a great point, there is literally NO ONE helping us. With only two wolves, you'd think we'd have help?
      Originally posted by thesunfan
      absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
      Originally posted by choof
      It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
      Originally posted by choof
      whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
      Originally posted by Celirra
      I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #828
        Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

        Originally posted by blindreper1179
        V, you make a great point, there is literally NO ONE helping us. With only two wolves, you'd think we'd have help?
        Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

        Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • blindreper1179
          Vice President Of TGB
          • Jun 2006
          • 5902

          #829
          Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

          GOD DAMMIT CHARU STOP SHIT PoSTING RIGHT NOW
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
          Originally posted by choof
          It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
          Originally posted by choof
          whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
          Originally posted by Celirra
          I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

          Comment

          • j-rodd123
            End of the road
            • Oct 2006
            • 3692

            #830
            Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            gut feeling will absolutely cut it if thats where it goes at the end of the day.

            i have said what i thought was wolfy about you and it has to do with your progression of reads and some general wolfiness in your tone that i can't articulate (which is why i can't see your stream of consciousness style proving to me you in fact aren't a wolf. maybe blindreper can do something?)

            i see you as the only person posting in what you perceive as a death spiral and no one responding so i'm like "okay maybe i will hop off" because i believe in the adage that when the air in the thread is starting to die that means a villager is on the ropes. if you were a wolf i'd find it more likely for someone else to be bringing other things up for discussion, so i'm pulling off.

            i will kill you for the tell w/r/t to your progression of confidence on sunfan (whether or not you think that is valid) mixed with my gutread, but i'm saying make your case for where you want to push stronger because i am giving a slight amount of credence to dead air dead villager and i can't be arsed to suss out your lynch case because it's nestled in a ton of posts a lot of which are fluffy (you have 155 posts man) and i feel like while we may have had similar problems with charu some of mine are less strong after his responses.

            i guess maybe not wall of text but i want your strongest points made concisely in an exposition format and you're right it's a little unfair of me to expect you to be able to completely change your style i acknowledge that but i did make an effort when it was necessary to try to keep monstrman from claiming (lol look at how well that worked out)
            Okay this will be a stream of conscious paragraph, if you want multi-quotes and stuff then maybe that can wait.

            Thesunfan - His posting is exactly as i post as a wolf. i post a couple of reads, "catch up in real time" and then leave for a while without changing my vote around at all. He is not engaged in this game at all, and I do NOT have a villager read on him. The progression you are seeing is mistaken and i'll try to remove bias and put myself in your assumed villa shoes to explain it. First of all - I was never confident about thesunfan wolf but I did have him as a wolf lean. Then I did keep him one away from insta because I addressed a post to Xiz to see if him and pocky were true to xiz's read of another team (i dont remember who right now sry) finding wolfy and would change their vote. I believe xiz would know they were 1 away from insta and he ended up saying he wanted his partner to decide. I found it wolfy in a vacuum. I then x-posted an unvote because having them 1 away from isnta is dangerous with 24 hours left and no one present to claim or defend themselves. I think it was charu who posted something like but thesunfan post reads while so close to death? (3 votes at the time). I mean why wouldn't he. Wolves spew and anti-spew and stuff all the time, so maybe my read in his tone and struggling to articulate it slightly parallels your read in me, but I still don't get why you see the progression as wolfy. To sum it up - I thought he was wolfy, i of course was not sure of it, i wouldnt have cared if he died, he still could be a wolf.

            Now people have mentioned that I was wolfy for saying LOCK CLEAR and stuff a lot, and i'll admit it was obnoxious. i like to have fun as a villager and i don't nearly take it to that level as a wolf. in fact read me as TWG Scar (you called me out as a wolf before retracting) or the game we wolved together. I was much more serious and probed people a lot without really doing anything. I can't definitively prove what blindreper was thinking but points raised against him I can't objectively find wolfy either. He said something like better them than us, it was lighthearted. I was reading a game of charles and it happened to have charles and blind as wolves and charu was a human. There was extremely noticeable differences between blind and charu's play which is where I gave a bit of defense for my partner and added to my wolf read on charu.

            Then charu, after being called out multiple times (yes, I did want him to post his thoughts) finally comes in saying he doesn't like anyone this game - oh that's very helpful, don't wanna spew ur wolf partner? His case on me and blind, which i've quoted twice, was just bizarre if he's a villager and I think it was from a wolfy place. He didn't like anyone but only mentioned us and does his first effort post of the game not look like he went back and picked apart posts he could use for a case? I highly doubt that being disconnected with the thread he'd have all of those from memory. You even called out his logic on saying we aren't thinking independently and bla bla bla, blind really doesn't wanna let me down and I think it's showing in this thread and will show in our posted quicktopic upon completion of the game.

            The other person who voted us was gradiant and tox. Now I could be completely wrong with them because funnygurl (my strongest villager read) has them as wolfy i think, but to me it looks like he really doesn't like my style and seems to have a bit of condescending attitude towards me so it feels to me as if he really wants me to be a wolf due to some emotional response, but he's wrong. choof/psycho came on to us, and I felt psycho's "catchup" with the thread was disingenuine. only posted about consensus stuff in the threads and then finally saying oh wow all this stuff has already been said, before finally dipping. the reason i'm unsure, and will be unsure until a flip, is that she wanted to vote thesunfan/samurai and clearly i wanted to vote that way too. idk what choof is doing currently but he has started posting some thoughts for once.

            I realize this is turning into more of a defensive post but I've responded to everyone and given my thoughts about everyone, not really sure what else I can do against a weak case (and i'm saying this removing as much bias as I can and putting myself in the people voting us' shoes assuming they're human).

            Xiz/pocky have been a name mentioned a lot, and i had them as >rand wolf for sure as well. If they came in and voted me i would be incredibly suspicious, xiz has mentioned me as towny earlier and hasn't voiced suspicion so close to a lynch it would be an opportunistic moment to become predatory on our mislynch. I was going to vote them with you, but then xiz came back and seemed genuinely frustrated at the vets for it being a jtwg, and while it might objectively be role neutral, i think it's slightly villagery for him and it's why I was thinking they were slightly back closer to rand. However, xiz still hasn't come back, and pocky is not present either, but i'd still prefer to lynch elsewhere.

            Back to charu - his attack on me was very wolfy and the points were weak. I've defended myself against them all and helped with blind too, he's seeming to be picked off but i already opened a game with charu/charles/blind and it was like night and day. charu got completely owned there and then just ignored it, didn't even acknowledge it. I read the other blind wolf game too and it's not like this game at all. Don't believe me? Skim his posts.

            I am 100% fine with charu dying, yet i think there is a semi-decent chance this was all villa/villa. it will give information and i'm struggling to find wolfier. We could pick off inactives, there's a couple I could maybe see myself voting,but they always get resolved before end game and quite a few people are staying out of this argument/spotlight and struggling. coming in this late and voting me seriously increases a team's wolf equity. I'm gonna post this so far so it's not lost

            Originally posted by FictionJunction
            wow

            Comment

            • j-rodd123
              End of the road
              • Oct 2006
              • 3692

              #831
              Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              there were no substantive posts while people were white noise posting for like 2 hours when we're coming into phase end and it seemed like no one was seriously fighting about shit except jrodd and jrodd was on the ropes (multiple people willing to kill him with votes on him, voiced suspicions from others)

              if jrodd's wolf partner (not hydra partner) were at all competent they would push hard elsewhere at this time, and that would help get him out of heat. the lack of a push from them either means that

              a.) he's a wolf and his partner is incompetent
              or
              b.) he's a villager without a partner

              the second is more likely as in if we ran a DADV scenario 100 times it would be the second one 60 times and the first one 40 times or something like that.
              I defended myself perfectly, i'm happy with the way i played with pressure, i wish play was a bit faster pace so I can interact more or people would ask me questions or pressure my defense, but alas no....they park their votes for weak reasons and will not accept us as villager. truth is i've never posted anywhere close to this as a wolf and i wish i could, but in my last post i told my wolf game - i stay away from the thread for long time periods and pop in and make little bits of reads, and ask people questions.

              also im not sure what DADV is but we are villager, lynching us today is a huge mistake

              Originally posted by FictionJunction
              wow

              Comment

              • j-rodd123
                End of the road
                • Oct 2006
                • 3692

                #832
                Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                Originally posted by blindreper1179
                V, you make a great point, there is literally NO ONE helping us. With only two wolves, you'd think we'd have help?
                hahaha and this is too wolfy to be a wolf. blind would never post something like this as a wolf after reading his wolf games. ur doing fine blind, we have 3 hours

                Originally posted by FictionJunction
                wow

                Comment

                • j-rodd123
                  End of the road
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3692

                  #833
                  Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                  So many people pop in and view the thread and not posting is the most annoying fkn thing ever right now, seriously

                  Originally posted by FictionJunction
                  wow

                  Comment

                  • Charu
                    Snivy! Dohoho!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 6207

                    #834
                    Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                    Oi...

                    oi oi oi oi...

                    unvote

                    I don't know then, my best next guess is Xiz, I'm really conflicted with sunfan, and him not showing up and not anything is for sure a huge mystery.


                    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                    Had a very shiny nose
                    And if you ever saw it
                    You could even say it glows

                    All of the other Snivies
                    Used to laugh and call him names
                    They never let poor Charu
                    Join in any Snivy games

                    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                    Comment

                    • Vendetta21
                      Sectional Moderator
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 2745

                      #835
                      Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                      Yeah don't care what anyone says we aren't lynching jrodd today that first pragraph was villager

                      I'm on my phone walking to the bus right now so I can't offer up a better candidate but I'm okay lynching sunfan/samurai and Pocky/xiz

                      Comment

                      • j-rodd123
                        End of the road
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3692

                        #836
                        Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                        (2) - Blindreper1179 and J-rodd123: Toxophilis and Gradiant, choof/psychoangel
                        (2) - Pokelda and Xiz: Samurai7694 and Thesunfan, Danceflashrevo and Vedetta21
                        (2) Sky Kitten and Charu: Blindreper1179 and J-rodd123, V/danceflash
                        (1) - Toxophilis and Gradiant: CarrotCake94 and Charles Claythorne

                        that unvote is a good look for charu imo, i'm probably going to unvote too (how contradictory but the read progression is there so deal with it), but i can't yet while i'm still tied for lead wagon

                        Originally posted by FictionJunction
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • j-rodd123
                          End of the road
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 3692

                          #837
                          Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                          charles you've been super lurky and non productive today, what would you do if i bolded your name for #shockfactor

                          Originally posted by FictionJunction
                          wow

                          Comment

                          • choof
                            Banned
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Nov 2013
                            • 8563

                            #838
                            Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                            Originally posted by j-rodd123
                            that unvote is a good look for charu imo, i'm probably going to unvote too (how contradictory but the read progression is there so deal with it), but i can't yet while i'm still tied for lead wagon
                            looks like I'm not unvoting then

                            Comment

                            • j-rodd123
                              End of the road
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 3692

                              #839
                              Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                              Originally posted by j-rodd123
                              (2) - Blindreper1179 and J-rodd123: Toxophilis and Gradiant, choof/psychoangel
                              (2) Sky Kitten and Charu: Blindreper1179 and J-rodd123, V/danceflash
                              (1) - Toxophilis and Gradiant: CarrotCake94 and Charles Claythorne
                              (1) - Pokelda and Xiz: Samurai7694 and Thesunfan,

                              that unvote is a good look for charu imo, i'm probably going to unvote too (how contradictory but the read progression is there so deal with it), but i can't yet while i'm still tied for lead wagon
                              should be like that actually

                              Originally posted by FictionJunction
                              wow

                              Comment

                              • Funnygurl555
                                T-Force's Rival
                                • Dec 2010
                                • 1865

                                #840
                                Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                                guys my partner still isn't here yet should i place a vote
                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                is funny eaman?
                                Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                GET DUNKED FUNNY
                                (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                                Comment

                                Working...