TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ShadoWolfe
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2009
    • 171

    #2221
    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by danceflashrevo
    I was really pissed after my shitty blue game so I needed redemption imo.

    Also you using tapatalk would explain the invisible like state. I knew you were in the thread but I didn't see your username haha.
    So you're acknowledging that you're playing differently this game, and you're saying that you're playing better to make up for a bad game as town?





    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
    Originally posted by YoshL
    "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

    Comment

    • danceflashrevo
      scumfan is scared of aa
      • Sep 2007
      • 488

      #2222
      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
      So you're acknowledging that you're playing differently this game, and you're saying that you're playing better to make up for a bad game as town?
      Yes, you have no idea how mad I was after dying d0. I punched a wall! My hand hurt the next day too... I was really dumb. I'm trying to not be dumb. And in an attempt to get not dumb, I'm trying to do things better. Not waiting until the last minute to place votes. Make sure people know what I think. Making sure my opinion is heard. It matters and I feel like I've done a poor job in the past by just coasting by and not really being... original I suppose.

      Why are you here?

      Comment

      • danceflashrevo
        scumfan is scared of aa
        • Sep 2007
        • 488

        #2223
        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

        Excuse me while I watch Deshaun Watson not get the Heisman.

        Why are you here?

        Comment

        • FreezinIce
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 265

          #2224
          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by danceflashrevo
          Yes, you have no idea how mad I was after dying d0. I punched a wall! My hand hurt the next day too... I was really dumb. I'm trying to not be dumb. And in an attempt to get not dumb, I'm trying to do things better. Not waiting until the last minute to place votes. Make sure people know what I think. Making sure my opinion is heard. It matters and I feel like I've done a poor job in the past by just coasting by and not really being... original I suppose.
          I remember you telling me about wall punch as soon as you died last game. Fun times, glad your actively trying to up your game
          ========

          To let the world be.

          ========

          Originally posted by Charu
          Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
          Originally posted by roundbox
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
          Originally posted by Red
          My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
          Originally posted by TWG Ike
          SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

          Comment

          • FreezinIce
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 265

            #2225
            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by FreezinIce
            dAnce,

            Concisely tell me why dadcop2 should die before you today. If you already said something that you think is good enough to satisfy my question, then quote it.
            Whenever you pop back in dAnce still waiting on this
            ========

            To let the world be.

            ========

            Originally posted by Charu
            Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
            Originally posted by roundbox
            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
            Originally posted by Red
            My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
            Originally posted by TWG Ike
            SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

            Comment

            • dadcop2
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2016
              • 229

              #2226
              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

              current reads:

              haku- he's gone early but he seems to have good intentions behind his posts. he brings up some insightful ideas beyond easy wagons, slight town

              shadowolfe- i don't like him. i don't like anything he says or does. his tone comes off as obnoxious, pretentious, entitled, and a hint of condescending. always trying to make everyone else talk, and then tries to withhold information, as mml pointed out. scum

              danceguy- are all his scumreads based on activity? cuz it sure seems like it. every wagon you've hopped on was an easy one based mostly on that player not being active, and that doesn't seem to have changed with his vote on me (i havent been that active today). he doesn't care to think outside of whatever the general trend is and seems to just want to survive. scum

              dfr- i went back and read some of his posts and yeah, some of them are strange. he's coasting for sure. slight scum

              mml- i really liked your post on shado. everything you've said (apart from maybe some d0 fighting with choof) comes off as really genuine. if you're a wolf, you've certainly tricked me and you're fucking good. town

              storn- possibly ic based on haku's post? i don't know but he doesn't act very scummy anymore. slight town

              dadcop2- i'm the coolest ok

              freezinice- seems to be quick to change his mind about people, but he's doing a fair share of hunting and i agree with him on dance. slight town

              Comment

              • dadcop2
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2016
                • 229

                #2227
                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by danceflashrevo
                Yes, you have no idea how mad I was after dying d0. I punched a wall! My hand hurt the next day too... I was really dumb. I'm trying to not be dumb. And in an attempt to get not dumb, I'm trying to do things better. Not waiting until the last minute to place votes. Make sure people know what I think. Making sure my opinion is heard. It matters and I feel like I've done a poor job in the past by just coasting by and not really being... original I suppose.
                record a video next time and make sure its a brick wall. you'll be a star like tera

                Comment

                • ShadoWolfe
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 171

                  #2228
                  Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by FreezinIce
                  My suspicion of dance predated you joining the game, see my reads list yesterday. It just feels like everyone is finally coming around to the fact he has been just coasting along in the background and trying not to rock the boat.

                  Being cautious is fine, but showing initiative is important as well. Especially when it's looking likely that someone is going to have to lead the lynch today.
                  Fair enough, but the "echoing" part seemed odd because I've been thinking the same for awhile, and so has MML I believe (he called him out on it last phase while saying dAnce needs to live up to his reputation lmao)

                  I wouldn't say anyone is clear enough to lead just yet, but everyone is always welcome to push a lynch on whoever they want. That can only generate info here and is good for town as long as votes are cautiously placed and carefully guarded.

                  On another note, I'm rereading your posts as we speak and hope you'll be around if I find something I want you to clarify for me. I'm reluctantly leaning you town now because of of overall tone, your AA cover yesterday, and because your deduction of the scumteam is exactly the same as mine, just prioritized differently.





                  Originally posted by Hakulyte
                  I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                  Originally posted by YoshL
                  "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                  Originally posted by mellon_collie
                  "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                  Comment

                  • ShadoWolfe
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 171

                    #2229
                    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by dadcop2
                    shadowolfe- i don't like him. i don't like anything he says or does. his tone comes off as obnoxious, pretentious, entitled, and a hint of condescending. always trying to make everyone else talk, and then tries to withhold information, as mml pointed out. scum
                    LMAO so let me get this straight. You think I'm scum because you don't like me and think I'm pretentious and condescending? Please read this in as condescending tone as possible: Woow, that's terrible reason to scumread someone. get gud, nerd

                    The only reason you gave other than not liking my personality is that I try to make everyone else talk, which is a town trait. This is so bad it's actually funny.

                    Originally posted by dadcop2
                    danceguy- are all his scumreads based on activity? cuz it sure seems like it. every wagon you've hopped on was an easy one based mostly on that player not being active, and that doesn't seem to have changed with his vote on me (i havent been that active today). he doesn't care to think outside of whatever the general trend is and seems to just want to survive. scum
                    ...okay, this list just went from "bad" to "scummy", because danceguy didn't even hop on the "inactive pazzaz" wagon yesterday and was the first to suggest lynching dadcop today, which isn't "going with the general trend". I'm not defending dAnce, but if dadcop2 is trying to call him scum by making stuff up, then that reflects really badly on dadcop.

                    Originally posted by dadcop2
                    dfr- i went back and read some of his posts and yeah, some of them are strange. he's coasting for sure. slight scum

                    mml- i really liked your post on shado. everything you've said (apart from maybe some d0 fighting with choof) comes off as really genuine. if you're a wolf, you've certainly tricked me and you're fucking good. town

                    storn- possibly ic based on haku's post? i don't know but he doesn't act very scummy anymore. slight town

                    dadcop2- i'm the coolest ok

                    freezinice- seems to be quick to change his mind about people, but he's doing a fair share of hunting and i agree with him on dance. slight town
                    Huh...
                    dadcop2





                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                    Originally posted by mellon_collie
                    "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                    Comment

                    • dAnceguy117
                      new hand moves = dab
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 10103

                      #2230
                      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                      There were 5 minutes added, absolutely nothing was going to change

                      I hadn't read most of the posts from d1 when I posted a few times at EOD, so I honestly didn't have any thoughts I wanted to convey about the lynch, I didn't have any particular objection to the pazzaz lynch, he was a question mark

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #2231
                        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                        Oh shit I missed a page

                        Comment

                        • MixMasterLar
                          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 5401

                          #2232
                          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                          Why's haku off the table for you, MML?
                          [.....]
                          He hasn't been shitposting this game, isn't that usually your scumtell on him?
                          1Q84 is the best TWG handbook.

                          Ok it's EoD so I'll be a little more serious. Yes he's been a little more tinfoily and serious then normal but he still has shit thrown about. I know he never heard of 1Q84 until this thread and the work he did for that joke alone is not something I think he would have done if he was his wolf self.

                          Haku is always trying to improve, and I think this is just an example of it. Granted (like I said before) I don't believe in never a wolf, but I do believe that he's probably a miss and that this phase he is off the table for me.

                          Originally posted by FreezinIce
                          I feel like dance could be a hit.

                          I'd support a danceguy lynch. Last reads list I pretty much echoed MMLs thoughts and he has done nothing to remedy it since. Its part gut read as well but I'll follow it.

                          Put my vote where my mouth is.

                          dAnceguy
                          hm.
                          Will you updating a reads list before EoD or is everything basically the same for you?

                          Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                          dooooooon't do that
                          Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                          freezin your gut is wrong.
                          This is not a good response. You're not trying to solve the game or even explain how a town is reaching the wrong conclusion on you (or why Freezin is a wolf reaching a fake conclusion, whichever) And you don't even pick up after these with tasty reads and thoughts that go past 2 lines.

                          Originally posted by storn42
                          Yo. We'really at a point where we have 5 town left and 8 woofs
                          So this is like

                          If I had to imagine someone trying to fake a dumbtell but being really bad at it, it'll look like this.

                          Originally posted by Hakulyte

                          MML is usually read as town for being aggressive, but this game is a little different.
                          It got to the point where Choof replaced out and players told him to calm down.
                          I don't know if something happened in his life, but that's affecting my read on him.
                          Don't lighten up on me because of IRL issues. If I'm still continuing to play the game then by being here I agree that I am still capable to play the game.

                          We can talk more about it later. Hit me up in post.

                          Originally posted by dAnceguy117

                          d1 I just wasn't here; now I'm being pretty vocal about lynching dadcop, I feel
                          Wait

                          Are you being vocal about dadcop2?

                          Originally posted by Hakulyte
                          danceguy is because of lack of assertiveness.
                          Oh wow, that's it. That's the term that I was searching for

                          Lack of assertiveness

                          See him trying to defend AA and then backing off when I addressed him just to never change his mind anyway.

                          Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                          Do you see how this could be interpreted as a signal to kill AA? I mean, it obviously wasn't picked up on because I'm still here but I'm curious why you chose to pick a specific strong town instead of speaking generally.
                          I doubt Haku thought that far ahead.

                          He probably chose AA because we where probably talking about AA at the time.

                          Originally posted by dadcop2
                          storn- possibly ic based on haku's post? i don't know but he doesn't act very scummy anymore. slight town
                          Do not

                          And I stress this

                          Do Not clear Storn over what Haku said. Do not let Haku's post influence how you read Storn's posts. If you don't think he's scummy then fine, but if you think he is but are afraid of Haku being correct then you're doing it wrong.

                          Remember that IC can have the mod clear him, so if you pressure an IC they can be confirmed town and you can backoff then and there.
                          ​

                          Comment

                          • dadcop2
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2016
                            • 229

                            #2233
                            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                            LMAO so let me get this straight. You think I'm scum because you don't like me and think I'm pretentious and condescending? Please read this in as condescending tone as possible: Woow, that's terrible reason to scumread someone. get gud, nerd

                            The only reason you gave other than not liking my personality is that I try to make everyone else talk, which is a town trait. This is so bad it's actually funny.



                            ...okay, this list just went from "bad" to "scummy", because danceguy didn't even hop on the "inactive pazzaz" wagon yesterday and was the first to suggest lynching dadcop today, which isn't "going with the general trend". I'm not defending dAnce, but if dadcop2 is trying to call him scum by making stuff up, then that reflects really badly on dadcop.



                            Huh...
                            dadcop2
                            you conveniently ignored my point on you withholding information

                            dance voted pazzaz and then unvoted

                            this game is dead, and i'm not dealing with you, sperg
                            ShadoWolfe

                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5401

                              #2234
                              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                              There were 5 minutes added, absolutely nothing was going to change

                              I hadn't read most of the posts from d1 when I posted a few times at EOD, so I honestly didn't have any thoughts I wanted to convey about the lynch, I didn't have any particular objection to the pazzaz lynch, he was a question mark
                              Like, I get that you work.

                              I do

                              But damn son, this looks bad as fuck right now
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • dadcop2
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2016
                                • 229

                                #2235
                                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                Do not

                                And I stress this

                                Do Not clear Storn over what Haku said. Do not let Haku's post influence how you read Storn's posts. If you don't think he's scummy then fine, but if you think he is but are afraid of Haku being correct then you're doing it wrong.

                                Remember that IC can have the mod clear him, so if you pressure an IC they can be confirmed town and you can backoff then and there.
                                i'm not clearing him. did you read "slight town"? that's entirely based off his posts

                                Comment

                                Working...