TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AragakiAyase
    Waifus
    • Apr 2015
    • 961

    #961
    Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

    Originally posted by dAnceguy117
    I was leaning that way, yeah - I had a slightly earlier post where I said I was thinking either MN or blind. after I was the only remaining vote on MN, I switched onto a relevant wagon.

    there were two late votes on blind - I don't even remember whose they were for sure, I wanna say tokzic and botchi - and that sketched me out. I would argue that my swap was justified.
    I can see the logic but I really wish you hadn't

    pikakirby123 reincarnated





    Comment

    • dAnceguy117
      new hand moves = dab
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2002
      • 10103

      #962
      Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

      Originally posted by Makilaz
      I'm still not hearing a reason why you forced kitb at the very end of the phase, only flimsy justification
      again, could you elaborate on exactly why a KITB is inherently worse for town than a plurality lynch?

      had there not been two late votes, I would've stayed on blind - again, forcing a KITB. if there's a wolf in that pair (who at this point would have to be blind), anyone who says I'm a wolf believes that I would bus him *only enough to put him in a KITB*

      that is pretty farfetched.

      Comment

      • dAnceguy117
        new hand moves = dab
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2002
        • 10103

        #963
        Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
        I can see the logic but I really wish you hadn't
        this can be resolved very easily.

        Comment

        • AragakiAyase
          Waifus
          • Apr 2015
          • 961

          #964
          Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

          Originally posted by dAnceguy117
          again, could you elaborate on exactly why a KITB is inherently worse for town than a plurality lynch?

          had there not been two late votes, I would've stayed on blind - again, forcing a KITB. if there's a wolf in that pair (who at this point would have to be blind), anyone who says I'm a wolf believes that I would bus him *only enough to put him in a KITB*

          that is pretty farfetched.
          because KITBs make it a flip of a coin and purely based on town/wolf ratio the odds are against that

          pikakirby123 reincarnated





          Comment

          • AragakiAyase
            Waifus
            • Apr 2015
            • 961

            #965
            Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

            loooool I see blind here now

            I'm going to sleep

            pikakirby123 reincarnated





            Comment

            • Tokzic
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 6878

              #966
              Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
              and you're convinced those wagons weren't v/v because...?
              I feel more uneasy about danceguy after that last-minute vote on Storn with no words in it, especially after I got the impression he was more into a blind lynch (note: i have only skimmed today's posts, please don't hate me if i'm wrong about this).

              But danceguy has been towntelling really hard for me up until that point, and if it turns out blind and storn are both town then there's no reason for a red to do what he did.

              Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

              Comment

              • Makilaz
                TWG Princess
                • May 2006
                • 1094

                #967
                Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                again, could you elaborate on exactly why a KITB is inherently worse for town than a plurality lynch?

                had there not been two late votes, I would've stayed on blind - again, forcing a KITB. if there's a wolf in that pair (who at this point would have to be blind), anyone who says I'm a wolf believes that I would bus him *only enough to put him in a KITB*

                that is pretty farfetched.
                i have less issue with the fact that it's a kitb and more that you popped in at the last possible second for the switch

                letting fate decide who gets lynched is inherently worse than a majority lynch because it increases the chance of a mislynch, especially if it's between a wolf and a town

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #968
                  Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                  because KITBs make it a flip of a coin
                  agreed

                  Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                  and purely based on town/wolf ratio the odds are against that
                  ok, I might see where you're coming from.

                  but, I still disagree. so, in terms of probability:

                  let's say you have a random d0 lynch, no KITB. odds of hitting a wolf are 4/12, or 1/3.

                  let's say you have a random d0 lynch, and it's a KITB.
                  uhhhhh
                  I think it's the exact same odds?


                  lurker please help w/ math

                  Comment

                  • AragakiAyase
                    Waifus
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 961

                    #969
                    Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                    agreed



                    ok, I might see where you're coming from.

                    but, I still disagree. so, in terms of probability:

                    let's say you have a random d0 lynch, no KITB. odds of hitting a wolf are 4/12, or 1/3.

                    let's say you have a random d0 lynch, and it's a KITB.
                    uhhhhh
                    I think it's the exact same odds?


                    lurker please help w/ math
                    no, my point is by adding another player into the pool you're more likely adding a town than wolf

                    so if you pick a random player, regardless of alignment

                    now add in another player, you probably added a town

                    pikakirby123 reincarnated





                    Comment

                    • dAnceguy117
                      new hand moves = dab
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 10103

                      #970
                      Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by Makilaz
                      i have less issue with the fact that it's a kitb and more that you popped in at the last possible second for the switch
                      two people popped in at the second-to-last possible second to put votes on the second lead wagon. context is important.

                      Originally posted by Makilaz
                      letting fate decide who gets lynched is inherently worse than a majority lynch because it increases the chance of a mislynch, especially if it's between a wolf and a town
                      again with this probability talk that I'm just not understanding. can someone spell this out for me?

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #971
                        Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                        no, my point is by adding another player into the pool you're more likely adding a town than wolf

                        so if you pick a random player, regardless of alignment

                        now add in another player, you probably added a town
                        I think you're missing the other side of the coin.

                        pick a first player, assume they're town; no KITB, they get lynched

                        now add in another player. you may have add a wolf.

                        Comment

                        • dAnceguy117
                          new hand moves = dab
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 10103

                          #972
                          Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                          have added*
                          fuk

                          Comment

                          • Makilaz
                            TWG Princess
                            • May 2006
                            • 1094

                            #973
                            Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                            there are 4 wolves and 12 town

                            adding a second player to a lynch possibility makes it exceedingly more likely that a town is going to get lynched over a wolf just due to the numbers

                            Comment

                            • blindreper1179
                              Vice President Of TGB
                              • Jun 2006
                              • 5902

                              #974
                              Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                              What the FUCK is it with people wanting to try to Lynch me when I'm not around. Sorry I was busy today my bad. Day Zero isn't my best phase, I become more relevant as the phases go by.

                              AA, fuck you especially because I am excited to play this setup but that's not going to change how I play.
                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                              Originally posted by choof
                              It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                              Originally posted by choof
                              whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                              Originally posted by Celirra
                              I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                              Comment

                              • dAnceguy117
                                new hand moves = dab
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2002
                                • 10103

                                #975
                                Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                                I need to see the numbers, or I'm not going to get it

                                Comment

                                Working...