TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #571
    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

    nah I was having some fun. I fully understand that I will have to make a better case in order to convince anyone else to vote with me.

    you're putting out "new" conclusions now, which doesn't make sense considering you've been voting for me all game

    Comment

    • Vendetta21
      Sectional Moderator
      Sectional Moderator
      • Aug 2006
      • 2745

      #572
      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

      no on the contrary I'm pointing out things that make you obviously wolfy in a way that others understand so that I can get momentum on my manti lynch and take away the credence from your "i'll show everyone why V is wolfy later" bullshit

      Comment

      • Vendetta21
        Sectional Moderator
        Sectional Moderator
        • Aug 2006
        • 2745

        #573
        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

        so to reiterate:

        Manti's inactivity, on the other hand, is a sign that he is a wolf. He's inactive, he isn't getting night-killed while being almost completely under the radar (wolves wouldn't know manti would continue to be inactive if he wasn't one), and his initial foray into the thread indicated a mindset and level of attachment to this game that wanted to lead the charge which shifted almost immediately after bringing it up towards not that mindset and level of attachment.

        Comment

        • dAnceguy117
          new hand moves = dab
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2002
          • 10103

          #574
          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

          so you thought I was wolfy the whole time huh? nothing changed, but you kicked off this phase with a manti push? and if manti flips red then I'm the obvious next lynch?

          something stinks

          Comment

          • dAnceguy117
            new hand moves = dab
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2002
            • 10103

            #575
            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

            Originally posted by mellonxcollie
            I'm really over this shitty game but anyway
            generate your own fun! this is a social game, after all

            Comment

            • Vendetta21
              Sectional Moderator
              Sectional Moderator
              • Aug 2006
              • 2745

              #576
              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
              so you thought I was wolfy the whole time huh? nothing changed, but you kicked off this phase with a manti push? and if manti flips red then I'm the obvious next lynch?

              something stinks
              Well I've thought you were pretty wolfy but you are also active so it's way more important at this point to push Manti to be active during the early phase in my opinion. He has behaviors that indicate wolfiness both on their own and within his meta. Seeing as you think I'm wolfy but can't articulate it in a greater fashion and can only play tit-for-tat I can't see why you wouldn't also want to be on the push. You seem to have this crystalline certainty on me (which you're not articulating) which gives you a de facto certainty on Manti? Personally I don't have a 100% confirm on anyone since we have still not seen an actual lynch occur that forced anyone to get their hands dirty.

              So I do not understand this really. Like I get when someone pushes me when I've done something clearly suspicious but you're basically just trying to stop my Manti push when I can't see from from any human perspective why this is a bad idea, and the basis of your move (that I didn't jump off my push when you jumped on) is pretty weak as I pretty much anticipate some wolves to jump on any push on one of their own at this late in the game when the distribution has such a high ratio. So I insulted you and baited you for more explanation, which you didn't give... Instead searching for ad hoc reasoning of why I am a wolf based on the previous post I made. This is pretty wolfy in general as it looks like you're finding reasons why I am a wolf after the fact, but I still want to pressure Manti at this stage because it is tactically a better move and we aren't in much of a position to make random flailing leaps.

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #577
                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                Well I've thought you were pretty wolfy but you are also active so it's way more important at this point to push Manti to be active during the early phase in my opinion.
                I see that as a lousy excuse for going after manti instead of me. a human lynch this phase would pretty much be game over. doesn't matter if it's an inactive or an active human; it can't happen. and what's this? you're trying to push manti to be active, rather than pushing to kill him? would you switch your vote if he makes a quality post or two? that's pretty weak.

                no I'm not 100% sure about manti's role. far from it. I think you're a wolf, but even if I'm right, I think that says basically nothing about manti.

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #578
                  Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                  hey everyone else, what's up? I'm gonna stop posting for a while. think this battle has been pretty clear. I'm saying V/manti are wolf/???, V says manti and I are wolf/wolf. V says he wants manti dead this phase. I'm saying I want V dead this phase.

                  so talk about whatever u want. still need to get everyone's dilemma 3 results.

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #579
                    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                    Ok, here are some things that happened.

                    I trusted Tps last night and got a power.

                    My power was vigi. No one should be surprised that I was the one responsible for jrodd's death. Hindsight tells me I should have aimed elsewhere, but alas. Furthermore, and this may be too much meta analysis of the host, but my power PM stated explicitly that I had to use the power then or I would lose it. Does this mean there are some powers that can be saved for later? My understanding was that all powers requiring active targeting had to be used immediately or they were lost.

                    I also got a mysterious message at the end of night. Apparently someone got an unusual seer power. The unusual part: their seer results were sent to a random player along with a personal message they had written. So I got this message and a seer result. Sadly, however, the player they targeted was jrodd. I've asked fojar if I can copy-paste the message, but I don't think there was anything of any special value in it, apart from the now-useless seer result of course. The only personal information in it seems to be a list of four players whom the writer thinks are probably wolves, myself among them. I think I'll withhold the full list of four since it could help give away this player's identity. If this person wants themselves revealed, it's up to them to do it. I am interested in knowing who it was though. They've employed a unique writing style, and although I might be able to identify them based on a few unusual quirks, an absolute confirmation would be nice.

                    Anyway, I've already said that I thought Manti and danceguy were suspicious. This weird thing with danceguy voting with V on manti and then almost immediately taking it back feels almost to me like danceguy was trying to distance vote for a wolf partner, but then took it back once he realized he might actually be risking his partner's life. Regardless, outside of the awful liars, manti was always my top choice for lynching. Go back and read my big post when I entered the game for my full argument against him at that point. V's argument amends my reasons with the whole inactivity angle, and although I'm usually down for lynching inactives (for these reasons), I wouldn't bother using inactivity against someone right now. Come on, guys, Christmas. That said, I'm still more than willing to see manti go down today for those other reasons. I don't even care about "pressuring" manti. His awful dilemma strategy and the way he introduced it is as though it would get a game-breaking human win is enough for me to want him absolutely dead.

                    And seriously, guys, for the future, please just choose trust always. Unless you think the person you got paired with is suspicious enough that you would be glad to personally kill them, you have no good reason to choose to betray them. We should ALL just choose trust. Yes, humans should trust wolves, wolves should trust humans. Yes, it's even in the wolves' own best interest to all choose trust. Manti's method is just stupid and overly complicated and too easy to fuck up. Doing it this way nets similar ideal probability results when followed universally but in a much easier to follow way. This means that it would result in higher ACTUAL net gains in practrice thanks to people actually being able to understand and follow.

                    Comment

                    • Guest15937
                      One-handed elite
                      • May 2008
                      • 1464

                      #580
                      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Yes, it's even in the wolves' own best interest to all choose trust.
                      So...you want everyone to follow a plan that you yourself admit is in the wolves' best interest?
                      The renegade has betrayed me.

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #581
                        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                        How about the alternative:

                        everyone choose betray

                        Then wolves won't get any powers ever!

                        GREAT IDEA!~!!

                        Comment

                        • Vendetta21
                          Sectional Moderator
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 2745

                          #582
                          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                          Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                          I see that as a lousy excuse for going after manti instead of me. a human lynch this phase would pretty much be game over. doesn't matter if it's an inactive or an active human; it can't happen. and what's this? you're trying to push manti to be active, rather than pushing to kill him? would you switch your vote if he makes a quality post or two? that's pretty weak.

                          no I'm not 100% sure about manti's role. far from it. I think you're a wolf, but even if I'm right, I think that says basically nothing about manti.
                          I have 3 people I consider pretty wolfy but I think naming the third that I don't intend to do anything about yet is actually a detriment considering the high ratio of wolves and how that information will help tell them how to behave.

                          Manti's behavior is very wolfy but there is very little of it. For this reason he is the best among suspects it isn't entirely about pressure though that is a motivator, the availability of information on a player who is considered very good and appears very wolfy in the lategame adds a contributing appeal to him. I think he is a wolf, and if I'm right killing him puts wolves in an uncomfortable situation since he has only been considered briefly by a few people most of whom are dead. You on the other hand have been considered suspicious by multiple people since day 1 who are mostly alive so if you are a wolf I'm sure a good amount of distancing has occurred so far. With the current state I decided this was the best play.

                          Comment

                          • mellonxcollie
                            Sectional Moderator
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 1304

                            #583
                            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                            I could possibly go for a Manti lynch. This is silly but most games Manti plays he gets killed by wolves pretty quickly, but he hasn't this game. This is suspicious to me. I can see the inactivity reasoning too but given that it's the holiday season I'm not sure it's super sound, since everybody is super busy this time of year (especially retail workers which many of us are). It would make sense if he was able to post more/be more invested in TWG before Xmas came.

                            Either way I am alllllll for putting more pressure on him, as well as anyone else who has been (relatively) inactive.
                            Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #584
                              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                              Hi, I did warn you about my activity.

                              Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                              Just an FYI I'm moving into my new place this week/next week. Between moving/Christmas and the shopping/wrapping I still need to do my activity is going to take a nosedive.
                              Back to packing. I'll try to make a post tonight?
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • dAnceguy117
                                new hand moves = dab
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2002
                                • 10103

                                #585
                                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                                you've literally said 0 words about wanting to lynch someone though. idk if that's a wolf tell but it's obnoxious

                                Comment

                                Working...