TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #691
    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

    Originally posted by yo man im awesome
    p.s. I got this weird 1-night mason power with Afrobean, where we could talk to eachother in the night phase. We had both followed through with the list idea and betrayed and got the power. We were told there was no guarantee our partner was green, so it was more or less a worthless power.
    Confirming this. Also: my dilemma partner was KgZ, and his was BDN.

    Originally posted by Tokzic
    Guys, it is bothering me that the "plan" came from a player who cardflipped red.
    A plan's origin can be entirely irrelevant. Manti was trying to look human, so he did what he thought townie-Manti would do: try to game the system to the advantage of the town. His system wasn't as ground-breaking as he made it seem, and it's not the BEST option for most nights, but it can work to our advantage if we are able to work together clearly and simply. Now, I still say that the best option is universal-trust overall, but when we're on the LAST NIGHT, I think a system like manti originally proposed (and I re-proposed after ripping it apart) is very useful to discourage people from betraying haphazardly.

    (or more - we have two "vigi'd" humans)
    Is this a joke?

    Yeah, bro, my wolfy self wasted a vigi on jrodd rather than using him as an easy scapegoat target until he got lynched. Oh, and then I made an early and consistent push to kill my partner, manti.

    ???

    The first night's extra kill was a little suspect though. I see why a townie would do it (I could see myself doing it as well...), but I can't imagine why any human would admit to having their calculated risk backfire like that if they didn't have to. By the same regard though, I don't understand why a red would reveal their n1 vigi either. It's just fucking weird all around. Who claimed responsibility for that one again? Was it BDN?

    So fuck it. I say trust your partner if you think they're human, and betray them if you think they're a wolf. Mutually trusting humans will grant powers that are impossible for wolves to track.
    Disagree, at least in the wording. We have some time available now with 2 wolves knocked off, so we don't need a system for trusts/betrays, but I still say we should make it the "rule" to trust. A player shouldn't feel free to betray haphazardly, just because they were "suspicious", they should absolutely be held accountable for doing it. The ONLY case where I would say that we should be betraying is if you'd be willing to directly be responsible for killing that person, like with a vigi. When you get your dilemma partner, stop and think "am I confident enough that I would vigi-kill this player?" If not, you should choose trust. Every time. There are 10 players alive and only 3 wolves now. This means that any individual person you're paired with has a 70% chance of being a townie. You're PROBABLY going to be paired with a human. You'd be wise to keep this in mind when considering whether you want to risk screwing things up.

    Anyway, what's with this danceguy shit? Tokzic, I thought we were doing BDN today. ymia, you don't post anything of any value ever, and even less so today, and then make a silent bandwagon post? That's fucking weird. I want to say that I'm on board with lynching him, but I don't like the way it looks right now with you two.

    That said, I wanna read over stuff involving manti throughout the game before I make my decision for what I want to do today. At the very least, I think everyone should try to look over the last day. Do a ctrl+F for "manti" and look at everything he said and everything said about him.

    Comment

    • dAnceguy117
      new hand moves = dab
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2002
      • 10103

      #692
      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

      here's a thing for everyone. I wasn't going to go public until either I was close to lynch or BDN was close to lynch, but that seems like a waste of time at this point. I don't think any more meaningful data will come into play by keeping it private.

      BDN is human. I got one of those bunk note things back at the start of Day 2.

      don't lynch BDN.

      Comment

      • yo man im awesome
        soleil ardent
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2007
        • 6514

        #693
        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
        here's a thing for everyone. I wasn't going to go public until either I was close to lynch or BDN was close to lynch, but that seems like a waste of time at this point. I don't think any more meaningful data will come into play by keeping it private.

        BDN is human. I got one of those bunk note things back at the start of Day 2.

        don't lynch BDN.
        and why were you withholding that from us?

        Also, not gonna lie, I don't believe you, and I think you're both wolves.

        Originally posted by choof
        you double dad loving dipshit
        Originally posted by t-rogdor
        dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
        Originally posted by smartdude1212
        I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

        Comment

        • dAnceguy117
          new hand moves = dab
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2002
          • 10103

          #694
          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

          Originally posted by yo man im awesome
          and why were you withholding that from us?
          because as soon as a confirmed human is revealed, they die. it's best used in an emergency situation.

          also, data. when people vote to kill other people, everyone can look back on it later and put pieces together. you get no data if you reveal a confirmed human immediately.

          Originally posted by yo man im awesome
          Also, not gonna lie, I don't believe you, and I think you're both wolves.
          care to explain?

          Comment

          • yo man im awesome
            soleil ardent
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2007
            • 6514

            #695
            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
            because as soon as a confirmed human is revealed, they die. it's best used in an emergency situation.

            also, data. when people vote to kill other people, everyone can look back on it later and put pieces together. you get no data if you reveal a confirmed human immediately.



            care to explain?
            I've had my eye on you for a while now for your overall increased aggressiveness in this game, because it just hasn't been sitting well with me at all.

            I think this is a big ploy to clear your wolf partner BDN, and in turn inadvertently clearing yourself by revealing that, because technically no one can counterclaim you.

            Originally posted by choof
            you double dad loving dipshit
            Originally posted by t-rogdor
            dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
            Originally posted by smartdude1212
            I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

            Comment

            • dAnceguy117
              new hand moves = dab
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2002
              • 10103

              #696
              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

              any judgment call should be made on me. kill me or don't. my flip would confirm BDN.

              don't kill me thoooo

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #697
                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                "increased aggressiveness" is 1) a meta thing, which shouldn't be role-specific unless you think I'm a transparent player, and 2) isn't true imo. I've been aggressive in all of my town games except for one where I was a seer.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #698
                  Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                  Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                  here's a thing for everyone. I wasn't going to go public until either I was close to lynch or BDN was close to lynch, but that seems like a waste of time at this point. I don't think any more meaningful data will come into play by keeping it private.

                  BDN is human. I got one of those bunk note things back at the start of Day 2.

                  don't lynch BDN.
                  post the accompanying message right now

                  And to whoever chose BDN for a seering during night 2, reveal yourself. I'd also still like to hear from the one who chose jrodd during night 3.

                  Comment

                  • Vendetta21
                    Sectional Moderator
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 2745

                    #699
                    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                    do you know who seered BDN (not necessarily asking for reveal of name) and do you trust them?

                    Comment

                    • Guest15937
                      One-handed elite
                      • May 2008
                      • 1464

                      #700
                      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                      So. Here's all the possible paths that that note could have found its way into danceguy's bunk (that I can think of, please correct me if I'm missing something)

                      1) A human got a seer power night 1, then a note power night 2, and planted the note (would be a definite green)

                      2) A human got a note power night 2 without a seer power night 1, and planted the note because of a read/hunch (would be a null/slight green)

                      3) A wolf got a note power night 2, and planted the note to protect his partner (would be a definite red)

                      4) BDN planted the note himself (he would most likely be a red)

                      5) Dance is lying (both he and BDN would most likely be reds)

                      First off, I find it EXTREMELY unlikely, if even possible at all, that someone got a seer power on the first night AND a note power on the second night, given how neither power has even shown up all game. Therefore 1, the only definite green, is a huge longshot. 2 is possible, but I'd also say is pretty unlikely. If a human was given a note power, they'd have to be a pretty poor player to make a bold green claim on another just by a read. Therefore the only likely options are 3, 4, and 5, all of which paint BDN red.

                      BDN
                      The renegade has betrayed me.

                      Comment

                      • yo man im awesome
                        soleil ardent
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2007
                        • 6514

                        #701
                        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                        any judgment call should be made on me. kill me or don't. my flip would confirm BDN.

                        don't kill me thoooo
                        That would be why I'm voting for you.

                        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                        "increased aggressiveness" is 1) a meta thing, which shouldn't be role-specific unless you think I'm a transparent player, and 2) isn't true imo. I've been aggressive in all of my town games except for one where I was a seer.
                        That would be why I said "increased" aggressiveness and not just aggressiveness. I'm well aware you're an aggressive player, but every time you've had a role other than vanilla townie, you've made it blatantly obvious, and on more occasions than one have you been called out/punished for it. Hell, I've done it to you before.

                        Originally posted by choof
                        you double dad loving dipshit
                        Originally posted by t-rogdor
                        dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                        Originally posted by smartdude1212
                        I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                        Comment

                        • dAnceguy117
                          new hand moves = dab
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 10103

                          #702
                          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          post the accompanying message right now
                          has someone already asked fojar if direct copy/pasting is allowed?

                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          do you know who seered BDN (not necessarily asking for reveal of name) and do you trust them?
                          no clue who did it, and knowing the person seered BDN wouldn't affect my read of them, I think?

                          Comment

                          • dAnceguy117
                            new hand moves = dab
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 10103

                            #703
                            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                            Guest I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. a host doesn't say "player X is human/wolf" and not be saying the truth. pretty confident.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #704
                              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              do you know who seered BDN (not necessarily asking for reveal of name) and do you trust them?
                              im assuming it's the same power that got me a seer note during night 3 for jrodd

                              or danceguy is desparately lying to save his partner and claiming that fojar re-used the seer-note power thing

                              but since he used the word "bunk" when I don't think I ever did while talking about my night 3 note, it might be legit

                              In any case, I didn't know who sent mine. I still don't. The message was censored by fojar and the player's name was stripped from it. They tried to tell me who they were, but fojar didn't allow it.

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #705
                                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                                it is allowed

                                I asked him about mine.

                                Post it.

                                Comment

                                Working...