TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pntballa18
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2005
    • 3357

    #316
    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

    Just got finished catching up with the skype chat.

    Has anyone read the list of roles in this game? I suggest we all do it now as a group.

    There's no Dr Blocker, and what's more there's not even a human equivalent of that role in this game. If the role xiz claimed was the same role as thesunfan's by another name that's one thing, but the closest role to what the Dr Blocker was last game is the complainer, AKA the wolf roleblocker. I thesunfan's role is [allegedly, no counterclaims so far] the BS checker, which isn't at all close to the Dr Blocker. The BS checker nullifies votes during the day, the Dr Blocker roleblocks during the night and could guard one person per game.

    Those are some pretty significant differences, but the only talk I saw in the chat about it was thesunfan saying "voteblocker = Dr Blocker." No arguments from anyone. No one thought to say "hey, that's actually not even remotely true, which makes me think Xiz was not claiming your role, but instead either fucking around or just being a general dumbass" Even after he flips green, this idea isn't brought up at all in the skype chat. Here's a sampling of what was said:

    Originally posted by charu
    Now we have this looming thing where he could be the MW.
    Originally posted by james
    Xiz is the sandbagger. He used the "loljk" as an excuse to paint this facade over his failure of claim.
    Originally posted by thesunfan
    he's most likely the sandbagged
    Originally posted by riotpolice
    I am leaning toward him being the MW
    I'm not trying to be Cpt Hindsight here, and I'm not saying I definitely would've called BS on the whole "he claimed my role!" thing in time to stop the instalynch. But the fact that everyone in chat continued to think Xiz was a wolf after he flipped green is just ridiculous.

    [11/19/2013 11:27:16 PM] Vincent - Xiz: Now, why would greg decide to vote me after i fake revealed blue to him
    [11/19/2013 11:27:32 PM] thesunfan: because I am the role you revealed?
    [11/19/2013 11:27:36 PM] thesunfan: lol
    [11/19/2013 11:27:45 PM] Vincent - Xiz: dr. blocker isn't in this game you idiot
    It was right in front of your face, guys. He's not the masterwolf, drop it. We fucked up our chance at killing a wolf day 1, we needlessly revealed a blue in the thread, and we need to get past it.

    The good thing is, after all that shit that went down last night, we have a lot more to go off of moving on. There were 3 people who almost immediately came to the conclusion that Xiz was probably the MW (which we now know is blatantly not true, right guys?): thesunfan, RiotPolice, and James. Honorable mention goes to Charu for being the first to bring up Xiz being the MW as a possibility. Obviously it would be very good for the wolves if the thread wrongly believes that Xiz was the MW, so let's look closer at how these 4 people reacted to Xiz's cardflip.

    thesunfan: Assuming there are no counterclaims, we can assume he is the BS Checker (who ironically is pretty bad at detecting Bullshit). If you're reading this and you're the real BS checker, we need to hear that in the thread. Wolves, if you're going to do a fake counterclaim, at least call the role by its real name.

    If our seer is open to suggestions, I think it would be a good idea to seer one of these people:

    RiotPolice: Doesn't (outwardly) question anything about the situation after the cardflip. says he is "leaning towards [Xiz] being the MW" not really trying to convince anyone of this opinion, but the act of going straight from a green cardflip to assuming Xiz is the MW is suspicious in itself.

    Charu:Within a minute of the chat finding out Xiz flipped green, Charu suggests that he might be the MW, and doesn't say anything game related for the rest of the night. Could be he was just considering all the possibilities, could be he's a wolf who wanted to plant in everyone's head.

    James: No question in his mind, Xiz is the masterwolf. Good job guys, we all deserve a pat on the back. I wouldn't think too much of this though, he acts wolfy in every game and he's a vanilla town for crying out loud.

    Before I move on to what I think we should do now that thesunfan revealed, I'd like to get one thing out of the way. YoshL, in the first post we were told that Night Phases would be 48 hours long. Was your post declaring that Night 1 will be 24 hours long a mistake, or has this rule been changed?

    If Night 1 is in fact 48 hours as we were originally led to believe, we can safely get an alliance going. We can wait roughly 24 hours for any possible BS checker counterclaims, after such time I think it would be safe to assume thesunfan is telling the truth. After that, the special roles should reveal themselves to thesunfan, who should then keep that information to himself until the very last moment before night ends, ensuring that there is only one person claiming each role (two in the case of the masons). If there are multiple claims for the same role, I think thesunfan should reveal both claimants to the other alliance members who are confirmed, but NOT reveal those members to the 2 players with conflicting claims.

    If we are indeed stuck with a 24 hour night phase, I don't think we can safely get an alliance going. 24 hours is plenty of time to confirm one person's role via an absence of counterclaims, but since first thesunfan would have to be confirmed, and then he would have to confirm the people who reveal their roles to him, I do not think an alliance could safely be formed.

    Comment

    • YoshL
      Celestial Harbor
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2008
      • 6156

      #317
      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

      Was changed which is why the font size and bold.
      Night phase will be 24 hours


      Originally posted by Charu
      Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

      Comment

      • pntballa18
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2005
        • 3357

        #318
        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

        yeah i'm too tired to put up a huge fight about that but that's pretty BS, man. the host signup thread, player signup thread, and the OP here all said we would have 48 hour nights. it's kind of really shitty to change that rule with no notice, especially when it will have such a significant impact on the game

        Comment

        • thesunfan
          Role Tide
          Sectional Moderator
          • May 2011
          • 10859

          #319
          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

          ok, since pntballa insists
          I am the BS checker
          there isn't going to be a counterclaim, there's no doubt in my mind lol.

          I give his plan a lot of credibility, mainly because I was doing it already lol. There's a bit I wanna change, but I'd like to talk to basically everyone on Skype a little bit. If you can't get on Skype, shoot me an FFR PM or two.
          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
          Originally posted by star-crossed
          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

          Comment

          • thesunfan
            Role Tide
            Sectional Moderator
            • May 2011
            • 10859

            #320
            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

            bump to remind the people who have not contacted me, or that I have not contacted, however you want to put it, to do so. I need these roles people.
            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
            Originally posted by star-crossed
            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

            Comment

            • Riotpolice
              "Reach For The Stars"
              • Nov 2010
              • 1921

              #321
              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

              pnt, why not look at it this way: Of what purpose, and what gain, would it serve that a green should take the role of another blue (even if there were mistakes in what he claimed)? Here are the two possible outcomes that this lynch has given the greens/sandbaggers:

              • Xiz, if you really and truly were a green, you've royally screwed the humans by killing two roles, both green + blue. That was an extremely stupid mistake that probably cost us the game. The sandbaggers will probably win as they will take advantage of our lynching by killing one of our revealed blues.

              • If you're red, we've gotten rid a very good role, the MW, with one of our blues in the process. We are now just 3 sandbaggers away from victory, and taking you out of the game, to me, is like taking the Queen in chess.

              The point is: No vanilla green player takes the role of another blue player unless if they flipped green (which he did) and are the MW. Xiz, you better be the MW in the postgame or I will not be happy.
              Originally posted by hi19hi19
              Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

              Originally posted by m0de
              im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

              Comment

              • thesunfan
                Role Tide
                Sectional Moderator
                • May 2011
                • 10859

                #322
                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                Do NOT go after Xiz, or anyone else in the postgame. Be constructive, but do not be angry. It does no good. Regardless of what role he was, we should be treating each death as if they *might* be the miller or the MW, and if a blue (other than me lol) dies, then we should think about how it changes the game based of which blue that player might've been.
                Do not go after Xiz or anyone else for anything that happens. It does no good. I still love Xiz regardless of his role, or his playstyle this game.
                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                Originally posted by XelNya
                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                Originally posted by star-crossed
                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                Comment

                • pntballa18
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3357

                  #323
                  Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                  Originally posted by Riotpolice
                  pnt, why not look at it this way: Of what purpose, and what gain, would it serve that a green should take the role of another blue (even if there were mistakes in what he claimed)?
                  People do stupid things to judge reactions in games with out of thread communication. I can remember games where I was green and claimed to be a wolf, and games where I was green and claimed to be blue.

                  And I would like to clarify what you've put in parentheses there. The mistake was not in what he claimed, Xiz intentionally said he was the Dr Blocker. The mistake was how thesunfan interpreted it.

                  Here are the two possible outcomes that this lynch has given the greens/sandbaggers:

                  • Xiz, if you really and truly were a green, you've royally screwed the humans by killing two roles, both green + blue. That was an extremely stupid mistake that probably cost us the game. The sandbaggers will probably win as they will take advantage of our lynching by killing one of our revealed blues.
                  It's night 1 so stop acting like the game is over. You know from last game that until it's numerically impossible for the humans to win, there's more than ample opportunity for the humans to make up for any mistakes they've made.

                  If you're red, we've gotten rid a very good role, the MW, with one of our blues in the process. We are now just 3 sandbaggers away from victory, and taking you out of the game, to me, is like taking the Queen in chess.
                  You also know from last game that it's a mistake for the humans to assume a wolf is dead when there's no proof. If you really think that Xiz is the MW, I probably can't change your opinion by restating what I've already said. But even if you personally think he was, we're much better off if you suspend your disbelief and assume he wasn't. Don't want that queen taking you by surprise.

                  The point is: No vanilla green player takes the role of another blue player unless if they flipped green (which he did) and are the MW.
                  Once again, he absolutely DID NOT take the role of another blue player. That's the way thesunfan interpreted it, and that interpretation was wrong.

                  But your last sentence essentially says there's absolutely no chance Xiz was human. First of all that's not true, but like I just said even if you really believe he's a wolf, it's much safer to assume that he was human.

                  Comment

                  • YoshL
                    Celestial Harbor
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 6156

                    #324
                    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                    In probably the most surprising turn of events, thesunfan is eliminated from the tournament. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

                    And also just as surprisingly, he gets analyzed as a BLUE

                    1. Riotpolice
                    2. Xiv
                    3. thesunfan
                    4. Charu
                    5. dAnceguy117
                    6. Krauthammer
                    7. Funnygurl555
                    8. Silvuh
                    9. pntballa18
                    10. mellonxcollie
                    11. James May
                    12. Svaz
                    13. Gradiant
                    14. yo man im awesome
                    15. FoJar

                    Day ends on Saturday, November 23rd at 11:59 PM EST, or until insta of course.


                    Originally posted by Charu
                    Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                    Comment

                    • pntballa18
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3357

                      #325
                      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                      james

                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #326
                        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                        Yeah, going right back on James May.


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • James May
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2012
                          • 3817

                          #327
                          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                          ...here we go again...
                          bananas


                          Comment

                          • James May
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2012
                            • 3817

                            #328
                            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                            @pnt & Charu: Why are you guys being complete idiots...
                            bananas


                            Comment

                            • James May
                              FFR Player
                              • Oct 2012
                              • 3817

                              #329
                              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                              Or do I sense wolfiness between you two?
                              bananas


                              Comment

                              • Charu
                                Snivy! Dohoho!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 6207

                                #330
                                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                                Oh... you wanted me to say something?

                                Okay, I'll say why I'm doing it again.

                                Let me quote something that I think is still valid.

                                Originally posted by Charu
                                My thoughts have not changed on James, but there is a possibility that the wolves are using my suspicions to get at a free player. However, similar possibilities exist in which the wolves can't help him so they're forced to get him because of his actions.

                                I strongly feel that having a lynch on James will open some possibilities if he's a player or not. If he's a player, then that means the sandbaggers indeed did jump on him and I will be looking at the players that have jumped.

                                If he's a sandbagger, then one or even two sandbaggers are bussing him this early to appear more like a player and potentially make us waver if they're sincere or not.
                                I this this still very much applies.

                                Originally posted by James May
                                With what am I suppose to argue with Riot? The fact that two people only use meta against me? This is what aggravates me so fucking much when people use meta because it prevents them from getting any insight that would get a wolf.

                                Anyhow, yeah. If anything, look into ymia and pnt because you guys are making a tremendous mistake lynching me...I am a vanilla town for crying out loud...

                                With that, pnt I know that between one of them is a wolf...
                                This post again you're stressing you're a human so hard, look, you can tell because you colored it! Right? RIGHT?

                                Originally posted by James May
                                Wait what? Greg you better be right about this...it is the craziest shit you have written up so far...but it might just work....

                                Xiz
                                Oh geez, look at this vote without the evidence yet presented.


                                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                                Had a very shiny nose
                                And if you ever saw it
                                You could even say it glows

                                All of the other Snivies
                                Used to laugh and call him names
                                They never let poor Charu
                                Join in any Snivy games

                                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                                Comment

                                Working...