TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charu
    Snivy! Dohoho!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 6207

    #181
    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

    Golly, I don't know what kind of bravado you're trying to pull off, but it's making me even more confused.


    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
    Had a very shiny nose
    And if you ever saw it
    You could even say it glows

    All of the other Snivies
    Used to laugh and call him names
    They never let poor Charu
    Join in any Snivy games

    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #182
      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

      Hey Silvuh, when you get back on, tell us your thoughts. You only posted once and I want to see where you still stand in all this.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • James May
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2012
        • 3817

        #183
        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

        Originally posted by Charu
        Golly, I don't know what kind of bravado you're trying to pull off, but it's making me even more confused.
        Just how I play~ no bravado, no gimmick, just me~

        @Host: Riot has 1 vote, not 2 xd
        bananas


        Comment

        • pntballa18
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2005
          • 3357

          #184
          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

          Originally posted by yo man im awesome
          And literally so many other posts scream an attempt at keeping to your "hi I'm an awkward human and I'm always human, lol voting me is normal you'll see i'm human" look. Even if meta-shit wasn't taken into account, your awkwardness is so forced. You are trying way too hard to look like how you do in other games, James.
          I agree that it's definitely being done on purpose. It seems we disagree about what that purpose is, though. To me it seems like a human trying to act weird and "awkward" as you put it so acting weird when he's a wolf wont draw as much suspicion. I'm getting the vibe that he wants to be lynched early this game, so the next time he acts this way he can just be like "look at game CIV, I was a human that game this is just how I always play."

          Judging by your post, it seems like he's done this in the past, though. Maybe he's built up this character in previous games and this is the game where he's trying to pull the "this is my meta" card. I haven't played with james enough to know that.

          But, james, if I'm anywhere close to the mark with this post, this is a pretty selfish move. It would mean that you're sabotaging the Day 1 lynch not to help the humans, but to further your own multi-game agenda. Don't get me wrong, playing with a multi-game strategy is a good thing. But if your strategy is to make "lol I don't have to answer your questions" an acceptable James May thing to say, first of all that's fucking stupid, and second it's not going to work. You'll just get lynched every time, sabotaging every human team you play with in the process. Plus, I'm sure you're a good enough player to not have to rely on such crutches.

          Comment

          • yo man im awesome
            soleil ardent
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2007
            • 6514

            #185
            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

            Originally posted by pntballa18
            I agree that it's definitely being done on purpose. It seems we disagree about what that purpose is, though. To me it seems like a human trying to act weird and "awkward" as you put it so acting weird when he's a wolf wont draw as much suspicion. I'm getting the vibe that he wants to be lynched early this game, so the next time he acts this way he can just be like "look at game CIV, I was a human that game this is just how I always play."

            Judging by your post, it seems like he's done this in the past, though. Maybe he's built up this character in previous games and this is the game where he's trying to pull the "this is my meta" card. I haven't played with james enough to know that.

            But, james, if I'm anywhere close to the mark with this post, this is a pretty selfish move. It would mean that you're sabotaging the Day 1 lynch not to help the humans, but to further your own multi-game agenda. Don't get me wrong, playing with a multi-game strategy is a good thing. But if your strategy is to make "lol I don't have to answer your questions" an acceptable James May thing to say, first of all that's fucking stupid, and second it's not going to work. You'll just get lynched every time, sabotaging every human team you play with in the process. Plus, I'm sure you're a good enough player to not have to rely on such crutches.
            This is him literally every game. But this time he is blowing it out of proportion with obviously forced and manipulative posts.

            Originally posted by choof
            you double dad loving dipshit
            Originally posted by t-rogdor
            dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
            Originally posted by smartdude1212
            I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

            Comment

            • James May
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2012
              • 3817

              #186
              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

              Originally posted by pntballa18
              But, james, if I'm anywhere close to the mark with this post, this is a pretty selfish move. It would mean that you're sabotaging the Day 1 lynch not to help the humans, but to further your own multi-game agenda. Don't get me wrong, playing with a multi-game strategy is a good thing. But if your strategy is to make "lol I don't have to answer your questions" an acceptable James May thing to say, first of all that's fucking stupid, and second it's not going to work. You'll just get lynched every time, sabotaging every human team you play with in the process. Plus, I'm sure you're a good enough player to not have to rely on such crutches.
              Not really...its just that nobody provides sufficient reasoning for me to answer them. Hell, if anyone were to give something that grabs my attention that I need to defend, I will answer them, but for the most part they're just voting me because of the way that I play. That's all they're just voting me on. Not sabotaging, nor being selfish, just pretty much have gone through the same bullshit every time that I play (which is pretty much all except that one game Kevin hosted) where I was pretty much either a Blue (which is rare) or vt (basically from when Manti revived TWG to now).
              bananas


              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #187
                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                this entire page is filled with so much drivel about meta and self-meta it's making my brain go dumb.

                James who would you lynch RIGHT NOW and why?

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #188
                  Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                  making my brain go numb*

                  SEE LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO

                  Comment

                  • James May
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 3817

                    #189
                    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                    Originally posted by yo man im awesome
                    This is him literally every game. But this time he is blowing it out of proportion with obviously forced and manipulative posts.
                    Not really, you know that I've been way worse before Kevin
                    bananas


                    Comment

                    • pntballa18
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3357

                      #190
                      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                      Originally posted by James May
                      Hell, if anyone were to give something that grabs my attention that I need to defend, I will answer them, but for the most part they're just voting me because of the way that I play.
                      How about answering for the shitty meta you're playing towards? Like I mentioned in my last post, by playing this way every game you're sabotaging every human game you play in to maybe give yourself a slight advantage when you're a wolf. You obviously realize that your playstyle is getting you targeted every game, why haven't you put a little effort forward to change that?

                      ps sorry dAnceguy

                      Comment

                      • James May
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2012
                        • 3817

                        #191
                        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                        James who would you lynch RIGHT NOW and why?
                        Right now? You know, to be quite honest its hard to pick one out of the bunch but if it was, I would have to go with Xiz. Now, the sole reason is that Xiz has posted some things that could be considered suspicious, like the post he mentioned about you rubbing him the wrong way but doesn't really mention why though. And he doesn't give out anything that suffices villa points on him, but at the same time doesn't give off anything that veers him off to the wolf radar. I'm just going by the fact that I would rather lynch someone that I am uncertain of being either villa/wolf than just picking someone out blindly at random (the exception is that there is SUBSTANTIAL and SUFFICIENT evidence/reasoning pitting player x as a wolf). Yeah everyone of us has pointers that could throw us into the fray but in the end, one has to be lynched.
                        bananas


                        Comment

                        • pntballa18
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3357

                          #192
                          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                          am i playing the V part well enough?

                          Comment

                          • James May
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2012
                            • 3817

                            #193
                            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                            Originally posted by pntballa18
                            How about answering for the shitty meta you're playing towards? Like I mentioned in my last post, by playing this way every game you're sabotaging every human game you play in to maybe give yourself a slight advantage when you're a wolf. You obviously realize that your playstyle is getting you targeted every game, why haven't you put a little effort forward to change that?

                            ps sorry dAnceguy
                            oy vey. To be honest, its hard to change up my style when I have gone through this a million times. It's like a mold that I have encased myself into ever since I started playing this game. It's like an addiction, a plague, a pandemic. Once you've embedded yourself into a persona on a virtual dimension, its hard to get rid of and just change into a completely different one.
                            bananas


                            Comment

                            • pntballa18
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3357

                              #194
                              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                              Originally posted by James May
                              oy vey. To be honest, its hard to change up my style when I have gone through this a million times. It's like a mold that I have encased myself into ever since I started playing this game. It's like an addiction, a plague, a pandemic. Once you've embedded yourself into a persona on a virtual dimension, its hard to get rid of and just change into a completely different one.
                              i'd be totally fine lynching you day 1 every game until you learn to play nicely with the rest of the class

                              Comment

                              • James May
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2012
                                • 3817

                                #195
                                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                                Originally posted by pntballa18
                                i'd be totally fine lynching you day 1 every game until you learn to play nicely with the rest of the class
                                why take my play style seriously? I mean, you KNOW that I do this every time (due to Kevin mentioning it) and I'm town so why complain about it now? This is a serious question and not trying to mock anyone. I am just curious that now is when people bitch at my play style and not back then.
                                bananas


                                Comment

                                Working...