TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James May
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2012
    • 3817

    #346
    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

    Originally posted by Charu
    ...I rest my case.
    And your ignorance is quite blissful Mr. Snivy
    bananas


    Comment

    • Gradiant
      FFR's Resident Trashpanda
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2012
      • 1100

      #347
      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

      Just getting the same stuff from you now that we got in day 1.
      There's a reason I didn't change my vote to xiz when players were moving to a lynch.
      James May

      Comment

      • pntballa18
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2005
        • 3357

        #348
        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

        Originally posted by James May
        Let me ask you one thing: would a town be stupid enough to fake claim a blue role?
        I understand that you might not have realized it at the time, but surely you now know that Xiz didn't actually claim thesunfan's role, he said he was a role which doesn't even exist (or have an equivalent) in this game?

        So let's say you didn't realize it at the time, and that influenced your read on Xiz. What do you think now? Are you still sure that he was the MW?

        Comment

        • James May
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2012
          • 3817

          #349
          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

          Fine. Go on and kill me because you guys are a bunch of incompetent idiots who are stuck in you close-minded escapades that refuses to see the light that I am a town and not a wolf. Good job in spiraling to a town lynch.
          bananas


          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #350
            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

            By the way, you never answered dance.

            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
            James, could you tell me why you think pntballa is a wolf?


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • James May
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2012
              • 3817

              #351
              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

              Originally posted by pntballa18
              I understand that you might not have realized it at the time, but surely you now know that Xiz didn't actually claim thesunfan's role, he said he was a role which doesn't even exist (or have an equivalent) in this game?

              So let's say you didn't realize it at the time, and that influenced your read on Xiz. What do you think now? Are you still sure that he was the MW?
              Alright, putting at that perspective, the thing that throws me off is that. The certainty to me that he is MW is 60-40. My gut tells me that he is the MW (for reasons that I point that my reads are for the most part accurate) but th colour flip is what throws us off when finding the sandbaggers...
              bananas


              Comment

              • James May
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2012
                • 3817

                #352
                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                Originally posted by Charu
                By the way, you never answered dance.
                I answered him when talkin to him on Skype just now.
                bananas


                Comment

                • pntballa18
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3357

                  #353
                  Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                  Originally posted by James May
                  Fine. Go on and kill me because you guys are a bunch of incompetent idiots who are stuck in you close-minded escapades that refuses to see the light that I am a town and not a wolf. Good job in spiraling to a town lynch.
                  It's a game man, lighten up. A few of us think you're a wolf, and if you want to convince us otherwise it would be more helpful to answer questions than to get mad about it. You've done absolutely nothing to make a case for yourself, you've just gotten mad and used personal insults against the people accusing you.

                  Comment

                  • pntballa18
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 3357

                    #354
                    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                    I retract my previous statement, after seeing that you've started to answer some questions.

                    Comment

                    • dAnceguy117
                      new hand moves = dab
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 10103

                      #355
                      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                      safety on Charu

                      Comment

                      • Gradiant
                        FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 1100

                        #356
                        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                        Originally posted by Gradiant
                        There's a reason I didn't change my vote to xiz when players were moving to a lynch.
                        James May
                        Figured this could do with some clearing up:


                        Originally posted by thesunfan
                        btw Xiz claimed the blue role I am in a PM earlier today. pce.
                        So this post is made, without any other background information other than just some guy saying something random. And then everybody starts to jump on it without any further explanation (maybe asking further, requesting screenshot of pm since this is kind of important, maybe someone else other than Sunfan asking Xiz, idk). Felt strange to me.

                        Then Sunfan posts the screenshot of the pm finally. From the timeframe in the screenshot to when he mentioned something up in TWG Skype chat, there's a 9 hour difference (7 of which is Sunfan trying to get Xiz to respond). And then another hour on top of that before actually posting the screenshot in here. I was extremely surprised everybody was jumping straight to Xiz without even considering or arguing the 10 hour discrepancy.

                        Then, reading the actual PM in the screenshot:
                        * The admitting to a role that does not exist (at least in name)
                        * Sunfan admitting in here that he has the same role that does not exist (at least in name)
                        * The 'good luck' which is obvious sarcasm to me (paired along with the constant joking and sarcasm that has occurred in TWG Skype chat) and probably shouldn't have been read into as much as it was imo

                        Whole thing just seemed very fishy for me: The extremely long wait between finding stuff out on Sunfan's end and the actual posting of it (if it's as important as it was, it should've been released to players sooner), and the huge jump instantly to Xiz without further proof other than just one dude saying some stuff went down in PMs. It felt at that moment that James was a lot better of a vote than Xiz due to there being proof of slips in arguments and several self-contradictions, whereas a vote for Xiz is just on someone else's word in the thread (granted I wasn't sure at the time of everyone else's opinions and trust on Sunfan).

                        Saying that now, I'm a teeny bit suspicious of the people that had switched over so quickly to Xiz from whoever they were on without any actual evidence:
                        * Funnygurl
                        * YMIA
                        * Riotpolice
                        * Charu

                        But this is only slight suspicion. The stuff that happened had a serious kind of air around it (even though it was spurred by sarcasm), so it makes a bit of sense that people would switch to him fast. James just felt like a more reliable, verifiable decision to vote for.

                        And whaddaya know, Xiz flipped green. To the people that jumped right off the bat with him being Master Wolf, sure there is a possibility of him being one. Although 1/15 compared to 9/15 (non-reds excluding the Skype buddies roles because if he was one of those, the other guy of that role wouldn't have switched votes)...that's a big gap in probability. I'm all for keeping all possibilities open, but don't automatically assume the least possible choice is the one going on.

                        Comment

                        • Svaz
                          quite clever
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 792

                          #357
                          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                          Originally posted by James May
                          On your own assumption you thought I was a wolf. Don't be certain that I am. Also, my reads are 75% to 80% accurate because it's obvious to tell which is town an wolf from the posting style...
                          Originally posted by James May
                          Fine. Go on and kill me because you guys are a bunch of incompetent idiots who are stuck in you close-minded escapades that refuses to see the light that I am a town and not a wolf. Good job in spiraling to a town lynch.
                          Look, dude. You clearly see the importance of posting style to reads, yeah? You acknowledge that you have a tendency to give off wolfy vibes? ;_; I just. I just. This is like reading Madame Bovary all over again. I feel like you're tortuously close to realising your problem and fixing it, but right before that lucid clarity is reached, you get distracted and go dancing again.

                          orz

                          Anyway, I think that it's a little fallacious to be confident that we nailed the mw. While it's true that Xiz (who is still not 'Xiv') didn't seem to put up much of a case for himself in the thread, and while it's true that claiming blue is a profoundly baffling move as a town, I dunno. I just think it's erroneous to assume we're safe this early. I can definitely see your rationale, don't get me wrong. It's just as likely that this is driven by a personal agenda of spite or something, though I admit Xiz doesn't really strike me as the type.

                          Also, if people could be a little more diligent about transcribing pertinent stuff from skype to here this would be nice; I just don't have time to lay about on skype during the workweek. orz

                          Comment

                          • Svaz
                            quite clever
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 792

                            #358
                            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                            Okay, more like I don't have the patience. There, I said it.

                            Comment

                            • Krauthammer
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2012
                              • 362

                              #359
                              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                              Never believe a wolf is dead unless there is 100% undeniable evidence a wolf died.

                              Think Xiz is human, and keep playing with that in your mind.

                              Comment

                              • Svaz
                                quite clever
                                • Oct 2008
                                • 792

                                #360
                                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                                So I just got my eyes dilated and it's hard as duk to see property. I'm going to try toread w/e is postied but they said this is gonna last for like 36 hours. Hoepdully i'll be fine by the end of thy day.

                                Comment

                                Working...