TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #211
    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

    Originally posted by pntballa18
    I disagree. James has been the closest to getting lynched for a while now, and now we have a 30+ post conversation with and about him to further judge our readings on.
    but it's not about votes, or player associations, or levels of aggression, or levels of activity, or ideas presented. all I'm seeing is James saying "youre only voting me cuz you dont like the way i play!!!" and you/YMIA saying "well thats dumb so I want to lynch you."

    neither of these things are interesting to me.

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #212
      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

      Hey Silvuh, I see you checking the thread. I do hope you share your thoughts on this to everyone.

      Are you still sitting on a Funnygurl vote?


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #213
        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

        talking to him on Skype, he's currently making a big one.
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • dAnceguy117
          new hand moves = dab
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2002
          • 10103

          #214
          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

          most recent official vote tally:

          Originally posted by YoshL


          Xiv -> thesunfan
          FoJar -> dAnceguy117
          James May -> Gradiant
          thesunfan -> Charu
          FoJar -> pntballa18
          pntballa18 -> Riotpolice
          dAnceguy117 -> Netjet!
          Gradiant -> Riotpolice
          yo man im awesome -> Xiv
          funnygurl555 - Riotpolice
          dAnceguy117 - Riotpolice
          thesunfan - James May
          Svaz - funnygurl555
          mellonxcollie - Xiv
          James May - funnygurl555
          funnygurl555 - pntballa18
          Xiv - Charu
          Charu - James May
          Silvuh - funnygurl555
          pntballa18 - Gradiant
          pntballa18 - Gradiant
          Riotpolice - Gradiant
          Gradiant - James May
          Xiv - James May
          dAnceguy117 - Xiv
          thesunfan - yo man im awesome
          FoJar - pntballa18
          dAnceguy117 - mellonxcollie
          pntballa18 - FoJar
          mellonxcollie - dAnceguy117
          dAnceguy117 - FoJar
          James May - Xiv
          Netjet! - Svaz
          pntballa18 - mellonxcollie
          dAnceguy117 - Riotpolice
          mellonxcollie - pntballa18
          yo man im awesome - James May



          (1) Riotpolice - Gradiant, funnygurl555, dAnceguy117, dAnceguy117
          (1) Xiv - yo man im awesome, mellonxcollie, dAnceguy117, James May
          (0) thesunfan - Xiv
          (0) Charu - thesunfan, Xiv
          (0) dAnceguy117 - FoJar, mellonxcollie
          (0) Netjet! - dAnceguy117
          (2) Funnygurl555 - Svaz, James May, Silvuh
          (0) Silvuh - ~
          (3) pntballa18 - FoJar, funnygurl555, FoJar, mellonxcollie
          (1) mellonxcollie - pntballa18
          (4) James May - thesunfan, Charu, Gradiant, Xiv, yo man im awesome
          (1) Svaz - Netjet!
          (1) Gradiant - James May, pntballa18, Riotpolice
          (1) yo man im awesome - thesunfan
          (0) FoJar - pntballa18, dAnceguy117
          vote changes since then:

          pntballa -> James
          sunfan -> Silvuh



          so the votes have been pretty frozen lately, and the James wagon has picked up more steam.



          what do you all think? are we headed for a d1 breakthrough? have James's wolf buddies given up on him already?

          or are we a few hours from a mislynch?

          Comment

          • Riotpolice
            "Reach For The Stars"
            • Nov 2010
            • 1921

            #215
            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

            @dance: Can't really tell if this vote is going to be good or bad at this point. I don't like the way james is playing his game, and it's really frustrating for me to see him not change his style. I only see two [**mostlikely**] outcomes that could come of this:

            • If he is a wolf, good for us. James, your arguments were really shitty and they made you look like the wolf you are.

            • If he is a human and this is a mislynch, that's very sad because we are wasting an excellent opportunity to lynch a wolf. I've read enough in the thread to see that this is how he plays every game. Come on James, you can be helpful to us still! Just change your posting habits man, that's all 'ya gotta do! Don't give excuses as to why you aren't switching or I'm thinking you'll probably be seen as a fine candidate to be lynched early in future games.

            • [**If he is blue, then we're going to hear from him in about 3 hours.**]
            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

            Originally posted by m0de
            im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

            Comment

            • Charu
              Snivy! Dohoho!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 6207

              #216
              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

              Well right now, I'm waiting on Silvuh. My thoughts have not changed on James, but there is a possibility that the wolves are using my suspicions to get at a free player. However, similar possibilities exist in which the wolves can't help him so they're forced to get him because of his actions.

              I strongly feel that having a lynch on James will open some possibilities if he's a player or not. If he's a player, then that means the sandbaggers indeed did jump on him and I will be looking at the players that have jumped.

              If he's a sandbagger, then one or even two sandbaggers are bussing him this early to appear more like a player and potentially make us waver if they're sincere or not.


              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
              Had a very shiny nose
              And if you ever saw it
              You could even say it glows

              All of the other Snivies
              Used to laugh and call him names
              They never let poor Charu
              Join in any Snivy games

              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

              Comment

              • Funnygurl555
                T-Force's Rival
                • Dec 2010
                • 1865

                #217
                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                I actually believe James May is not on the red team. I mean, if this really is his normal playing style, then if you think about it, he's not any more fishy than the rest of us.

                It looks like James is being voted on just because people don't like how plays. I get that it's Day 1 and everything, but we may be making a huge mistake if he's actually on the blue team.
                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                is funny eaman?
                Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                Originally posted by the sun fan
                GET DUNKED FUNNY
                (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                Comment

                • Riotpolice
                  "Reach For The Stars"
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 1921

                  #218
                  Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                  Originally posted by Charu
                  ...but there is a possibility that the wolves are using my suspicions to get at a free player.
                  For this exact reason, I am very hesitant on voting for him. This may be what the wolves want, and this could easily be lead into a mislynch so that we don't lynch one of the wolves. I don't like the feeling of voting for James, it's just way too damn easy for us to bandwagon on him just because of his noisy posting.

                  Then again, I could be wrong and we are looking at a really bad wolf with shitty posting...
                  Originally posted by hi19hi19
                  Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

                  Originally posted by m0de
                  im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

                  Comment

                  • Riotpolice
                    "Reach For The Stars"
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 1921

                    #219
                    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                    Woops, I keep forgetting to stick to the theme, damnit!!
                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

                    Originally posted by m0de
                    im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

                    Comment

                    • Silvuh
                      quit
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 938

                      #220
                      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                      I just got back from class right after thesunfan called me out, wonderful timing, rawr~

                      Some responses to posts that have been made today:

                      Originally posted by yo man im awesome
                      Have you [Xiz] really been paying attention to the thread? I don't think so. And what is it about Dance that "rubs you the wrong way"? You can't just say that and not tell us why.
                      You're undermining the power of not revealing one's motives. Not saying why can be a good strategic move, because it affects the responses you get.

                      Originally posted by pntballa18
                      To me it seems like [James May is] a human trying to act weird and "awkward" as you put it so acting weird when he's a wolf wont draw as much suspicion. I'm getting the vibe that he wants to be lynched early this game, so the next time he acts this way he can just be like "look at game CIV, I was a human that game this is just how I always play."
                      Ohh. When you mentioned this earlier, I took it as saying that if he acts awkward in the beginning of the game and continues to act awkward later, then he would use that to say that being called out as a wolf hasn't affected his play at all ... which would hide the fact that he's a wolf in this game. So I was confused about why you thought this was a reason for him to be human, but that clarified it.

                      I don't think it warrants a lynch on James right now. The meta talk may be obnoxious, but it didn't phase me as being suspicious.

                      Originally posted by James May
                      [Xiz] doesn't give out anything that suffices villa points on him, but at the same time doesn't give off anything that veers him off to the wolf radar. I'm just going by the fact that I would rather lynch someone that I am uncertain of being either villa/wolf than just picking someone out blindly at random (the exception is that there is SUBSTANTIAL and SUFFICIENT evidence/reasoning pitting player x as a wolf).
                      This is a good point. If we randomly lynch someone who hasn't spoken up, all we get is a color. If the person hadn't been acting suspicious, we'll be more likely to question if the player was the miller or MW.

                      This kind of goes back to the assumption that the lynching target will be between the people who have spoken up and have said suspicious things. If all the wolves (but not the whole town) have spoken up, that's great, because we have a smaller pool of people to choose from with more wolves in it. But we don't know how many wolves are in the pool. So although expanding the pool will dilute the proportions of wolves, what it does is ensure that there are actually wolves there in the first place. And after getting everyone to speak up, we have the opportunity to trim the pool (welp, mixed metaphor) properly.

                      Originally posted by Charu
                      Hey Silvuh, I see you checking the thread. I do hope you share your thoughts on this to everyone.

                      Are you still sitting on a Funnygurl vote?
                      When I was first able to read the thread Sunday night, those latest posts of Funnygurl's—her defense of her first vote—struck me as being badly thought out. It could have been inexperience with the game or just not taking the time to think things through ... I hoped she would step her game up, but she promptly played the sympathy card (which James sympathized with) and vanished, not putting any more thought into the matter.

                      So I am still suspicious of her, but in attempt to get some more people to contribute, I'd like Netjet! to share some thoughts.

                      P.S. It's time to watch Jeopardy! now, and then I need to go to campus to print out, sign, scan, and send some important paperwork. So I'm posting what I have and will be back a little later.

                      Comment

                      • YoshL
                        Celestial Harbor
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 6156

                        #221
                        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                        I have rehearsal i'll be back in a couple hours



                        Xiv -> thesunfan
                        FoJar -> dAnceguy117
                        James May -> Gradiant
                        thesunfan -> Charu
                        [s][COLOR="Gray"]FoJar -> pntballa18
                        pntballa18 -> Riotpolice
                        dAnceguy117 -> Netjet!
                        Gradiant -> Riotpolice
                        yo man im awesome -> Xiv
                        funnygurl555 - Riotpolice
                        dAnceguy117 - Riotpolice
                        thesunfan - James May
                        Svaz - funnygurl555
                        mellonxcollie - Xiv
                        James May - funnygurl555
                        funnygurl555 - pntballa18
                        Xiv - Charu
                        Charu - James May
                        Silvuh - funnygurl555
                        pntballa18 - Gradiant
                        pntballa18 - Gradiant
                        Riotpolice - Gradiant
                        Gradiant - James May
                        Xiv - James May
                        dAnceguy117 - Xiv
                        thesunfan - yo man im awesome
                        FoJar - pntballa18
                        dAnceguy117 - mellonxcollie
                        pntballa18 - FoJar
                        mellonxcollie - dAnceguy117
                        dAnceguy117 - FoJar
                        James May - Xiv
                        Netjet! - Svaz
                        pntballa18 - mellonxcollie
                        dAnceguy117 - Riotpolice
                        mellonxcollie - pntballa18
                        yo man im awesome - James May
                        pntballa18 - James May
                        thesunfan - Silvuh
                        Silvuh - Netjet!



                        (1) Riotpolice - Gradiant, funnygurl555, dAnceguy117, dAnceguy117
                        (1) Xiv - yo man im awesome, mellonxcollie, dAnceguy117, James May
                        (0) thesunfan - Xiv
                        (0) Charu - thesunfan, Xiv
                        (0) dAnceguy117 - FoJar, mellonxcollie
                        (1) Netjet! - dAnceguy117, Silvuh
                        (1) Funnygurl555 - Svaz, James May, Silvuh
                        (1) Silvuh - thesunfan
                        (3) pntballa18 - FoJar, funnygurl555, FoJar, mellonxcollie
                        (0) mellonxcollie - pntballa18
                        (5) James May - thesunfan, Charu, Gradiant, Xiv, yo man im awesome, pntballa18
                        (1) Svaz - Netjet!
                        (1) Gradiant - James May, pntballa18, Riotpolice
                        (0) yo man im awesome - thesunfan
                        (0) FoJar - pntballa18, dAnceguy117


                        Originally posted by Charu
                        Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                        Comment

                        • James May
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2012
                          • 3817

                          #222
                          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                          Originally posted by Riotpolice
                          @dance: Can't really tell if this vote is going to be good or bad at this point. I don't like the way james is playing his game, and it's really frustrating for me to see him not change his style. I only see two [**mostlikely**] outcomes that could come of this:

                          • If he is a wolf, good for us. James, your arguments were really shitty and they made you look like the wolf you are.

                          • If he is a human and this is a mislynch, that's very sad because we are wasting an excellent opportunity to lynch a wolf. I've read enough in the thread to see that this is how he plays every game. Come on James, you can be helpful to us still! Just change your posting habits man, that's all 'ya gotta do! Don't give excuses as to why you aren't switching or I'm thinking you'll probably be seen as a fine candidate to be lynched early in future games.

                          • [**If he is blue, then we're going to hear from him in about 3 hours.**]
                          With what am I suppose to argue with Riot? The fact that two people only use meta against me? This is what aggravates me so fucking much when people use meta because it prevents them from getting any insight that would get a wolf.

                          Anyhow, yeah. If anything, look into ymia and pnt because you guys are making a tremendous mistake lynching me...I am a vanilla town for crying out loud...

                          With that, pnt I know that between one of them is a wolf...
                          bananas


                          Comment

                          • Riotpolice
                            "Reach For The Stars"
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 1921

                            #223
                            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                            Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                            It looks like James is being voted on just because people don't like how [he] plays. I get that it's Day 1 and everything, but we may be making a huge mistake if he's actually on the blue team.
                            If he's blue, then we are really terrible. But I don't think he is blue, no blue would act like that with an important role that could turn the tide of the entire game. Hence the third bullet in my list, and hence the reason why I really don't think he's blue.

                            I really really don't like the way you stated that "we may be making a huge mistake if he's actually on the blue team." If he's on the blue team, he'll give it to us in around 2 and a half hours. But the main reason why I absolutely do not like your statement is because you thought "He could be on the blue team and we are voting for a blue" Wouldn't it be a better chance that he was green instead of blue just by the way he is playing? Surely you can see this, I can't be this blind to the fact that a blue wouldn't be using his playstyle...

                            That drink don't mix with me, I'm going to switch my vote to you Ms. FunnyGirl.

                            Alright, I'll give my honest opinion: If we lynch James, I feel we are lynching on a 60%/40% ratio here. If we must lynch him, then do so.

                            But I want you to know what your decision means: This only brings us *closer* to the sandbaggers, remember the objective here is: "To rid ourselves of all the sandbaggers" We're only scratching the skin, we aren't getting to the core of this apple...
                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

                            Originally posted by m0de
                            im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

                            Comment

                            • yo man im awesome
                              soleil ardent
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2007
                              • 6514

                              #224
                              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                              Originally posted by James May
                              With what am I suppose to argue with Riot? The fact that two people only use meta against me? This is what aggravates me so fucking much when people use meta because it prevents them from getting any insight that would get a wolf.

                              Anyhow, yeah. If anything, look into ymia and pnt because you guys are making a tremendous mistake lynching me...I am a vanilla town for crying out loud...

                              With that, pnt I know that between one of them is a wolf...
                              If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Plain and simple. If you're a vanilla townie, you're not doing a very good job in my opinion. Throwing around shit like I mentioned earlier so late in a phase (and more than likely for the rest of the game until you're once again brought up) is only cancerous to the humans. Even if you're green, this lynch can still help us I'd say. Not only does it start to give us a real basis to work with to find the wolves, it also prevents you from potentially ruining the humans' chances later. I only see you being corrosive to our chances with the way you act on a regular basis. Because one way or another, you're going to be brought to the spotlight again later in the game, and if you're red: you'll suddenly make an effort to force a lynch and end the game for green. If you're green: the same will likely occur, but you'll have the intention of killing a wolf as opposed to a green.

                              Originally posted by choof
                              you double dad loving dipshit
                              Originally posted by t-rogdor
                              dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                              Originally posted by smartdude1212
                              I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                              Comment

                              • pntballa18
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2005
                                • 3357

                                #225
                                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                                Originally posted by James May
                                With what am I suppose to argue with Riot? The fact that two people only use meta against me?
                                This is the opposite of what's happened. You made some posts which were suspicious and made you seem like a wolf, and the only thing that was keeping me from voting for you based on those posts was that you apparently make similar posts in every game you play. So the meta arguments are actually in your favor, not against you.

                                Comment

                                Working...