TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James May
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2012
    • 3817

    #196
    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

    Originally posted by pntballa18
    am i playing the V part well enough?
    And no you're not
    bananas


    Comment

    • yo man im awesome
      soleil ardent
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2007
      • 6514

      #197
      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

      Why do you expect us just believe you and move on because you say "this happens every game and i'm town" That is literally you trying to get us off of you through meta.

      You ask us why we take your playstyle seriously, and then you literally say that that is how you play every game. Do you want us to just never take you seriously? Do you want us to just disregard you always and just consider you a waste of a player slot in game? I would hope not. Until you get your act together with your posting, I'm going to start ragging on you for this. It's one thing to shit-post about how vanilla/wolf you are in the first couple pages, but beyond that and trying to use that for an entire game is just plain stupid.

      Originally posted by choof
      you double dad loving dipshit
      Originally posted by t-rogdor
      dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
      Originally posted by smartdude1212
      I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

      Comment

      • pntballa18
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2005
        • 3357

        #198
        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

        Originally posted by James May
        why take my play style seriously? I mean, you KNOW that I do this every time (due to Kevin mentioning it) and I'm town so why complain about it now? This is a serious question and not trying to mock anyone. I am just curious that now is when people bitch at my play style and not back then.
        Only speaking for myself here but I'm pretty sure this is my first game with you. Maybe you were in my first game after coming back, but I got lynched day 1 so I was more focused on that than trying to figure out what everyone else was doing.

        I'm taking it seriously because by making the posts you've made on day 1 (gonna need more than a vote to make me talk, etc.) you're forcing us to either go:

        "hey, that is a wolfy ass thing to say. let's lynch james because all we have to go on right now is the wolfy ass things that people say,"

        or "ignore the wolfy ass things James says, that's just the way he plays LOL."

        And honestly I'd rather be safe and go with option 1 then let that strategy work even once.

        james

        Comment

        • James May
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2012
          • 3817

          #199
          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

          Originally posted by yo man im awesome
          Why do you expect us just believe you and move on because you say "this happens every game and i'm town" That is literally you trying to get us off of you through meta.

          You ask us why we take your playstyle seriously, and then you literally say that that is how you play every game. Do you want us to just never take you seriously? Do you want us to just disregard you always and just consider you a waste of a player slot in game? I would hope not. Until you get your act together with your posting, I'm going to start ragging on you for this. It's one thing to shit-post about how vanilla/wolf you are in the first couple pages, but beyond that and trying to use that for an entire game is just plain stupid.
          Welcome to the internet.

          Alright, I'll just stop there. Do you just stop there for a moment and just think for a second on what the fuck you are trying to say? Anyhow, I guess I'll just put on my "nice" cap on since people love to take meta too seriously even though it's a useless measurement of legitimacy. The question wasn't directed to meta, just at the motion of you complaining at me now instead of before, which you did not answer.

          But whatever, take it as a grain of salt, and when you see that you guys made a mistake in lynching me then you'll feel pretty much stupid for even voting for me in the first place.


          Anyhow, time for "Mr. Nice James" that everyone knows in the chatroom.
          bananas


          Comment

          • James May
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2012
            • 3817

            #200
            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

            Originally posted by pntballa18
            Only speaking for myself here but I'm pretty sure this is my first game with you. Maybe you were in my first game after coming back, but I got lynched day 1 so I was more focused on that than trying to figure out what everyone else was doing.

            I'm taking it seriously because by making the posts you've made on day 1 (gonna need more than a vote to make me talk, etc.) you're forcing us to either go:

            "hey, that is a wolfy ass thing to say. let's lynch james because all we have to go on right now is the wolfy ass things that people say,"

            or "ignore the wolfy ass things James says, that's just the way he plays LOL."

            And honestly I'd rather be safe and go with option 1 then let that strategy work even once.

            james
            Okay, how is it that my posts are "wolfy"? If I go nonchalant people go "oh he's wolfy, lynch him." If I become defensive people go "oh james is being super defensive, lynch him". The post about me saying that it's going to take more than a vote, that was me being blunt about it. Would you really take the time to defend if someone just posts a vote against you without any reasoning? No. You just assume that its a random vote and move on with your life.
            bananas


            Comment

            • dAnceguy117
              new hand moves = dab
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2002
              • 10103

              #201
              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

              what the fuck am I reading

              who cares about styles? can we save that talk for IMs or for postgame please? this discussion isn't productive.

              ok James what I got out of your response to my post was that you would lynch Xiz because he said a couple things you think are sketch and because he hasn't said anything that looks very human to you. ok. why did it require a prompt from me for you to talk about anyone other than yourself?




              does anyone else want to lynch Riotpolice or am I alone on that?

              Comment

              • James May
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2012
                • 3817

                #202
                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                what the fuck am I reading

                who cares about styles? can we save that talk for IMs or for postgame please? this discussion isn't productive.

                ok James what I got out of your response to my post was that you would lynch Xiz because he said a couple things you think are sketch and because he hasn't said anything that looks very human to you. ok. why did it require a prompt from me for you to talk about anyone other than yourself?




                does anyone else want to lynch Riotpolice or am I alone on that?
                Because you're the only one that hasn't rambled on about how I play.
                bananas


                Comment

                • yo man im awesome
                  soleil ardent
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2007
                  • 6514

                  #203
                  Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                  Originally posted by James May
                  Welcome to the internet.

                  Alright, I'll just stop there. Do you just stop there for a moment and just think for a second on what the fuck you are trying to say? Anyhow, I guess I'll just put on my "nice" cap on since people love to take meta too seriously even though it's a useless measurement of legitimacy. The question wasn't directed to meta, just at the motion of you complaining at me now instead of before, which you did not answer.

                  But whatever, take it as a grain of salt, and when you see that you guys made a mistake in lynching me then you'll feel pretty much stupid for even voting for me in the first place.


                  Anyhow, time for "Mr. Nice James" that everyone knows in the chatroom.
                  I haven't complained about it until now because of a) how exaggerated and excessive it's been this game, and b) because I'm not the most prolific/articulate poster most of the time. I usually try to step up my game each time, but i usually lose interest or something. This time I've got more or less all the time in the world, and I'm actually really interested this game because of that.

                  And I'm not saying that I or anyone else is trying to use meta against you. I'm saying that YOU are using meta for your own personal gains, and I think you're doing a terrible job of it.

                  Originally posted by choof
                  you double dad loving dipshit
                  Originally posted by t-rogdor
                  dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                  Originally posted by smartdude1212
                  I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                  Comment

                  • James May
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 3817

                    #204
                    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                    Originally posted by yo man im awesome
                    And I'm not saying that I or anyone else is trying to use meta against you. I'm saying that YOU are using meta for your own personal gains, and I think you're doing a terrible job of it.
                    umm...okay. Can we just veer back into topic and have a productive discussion and leave this for Skype tonight?
                    bananas


                    Comment

                    • yo man im awesome
                      soleil ardent
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2007
                      • 6514

                      #205
                      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                      Today is the last day of the phase. If anything, we should be moving from skype chats into the thread, to bring everyone together and to a consensus. We want conversations and opinions brought to light now, not kept in the dark.

                      Originally posted by choof
                      you double dad loving dipshit
                      Originally posted by t-rogdor
                      dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                      Originally posted by smartdude1212
                      I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                      Comment

                      • pntballa18
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2005
                        • 3357

                        #206
                        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                        Originally posted by James May
                        Okay, how is it that my posts are "wolfy"?
                        Because day 1 lynches (especially when the game starts on a day phase) are entirely based on discussion and you refused to respond when charu and thesunfan tried to make you a topic of that discussion.

                        Comment

                        • James May
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2012
                          • 3817

                          #207
                          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                          Originally posted by pntballa18
                          Because day 1 lynches (especially when the game starts on a day phase) are entirely based on discussion and you refused to respond when charu and thesunfan tried to make you a topic of that discussion.
                          oy vey...

                          Would you really take the time to defend if someone just posts a vote against you without any reasoning? No. You just assume that its a random vote and move on with your life
                          seems like you missed it. But the point I'm trying to make is that even if its to warrant discussion, there still needs to be reasoning to pull up a discussion. Charu's reasoning were floaty, speculative. sunfan's was just bandwagoning off of Charu. could they be masons? probably. could they be wolfmates? probably. it could be that each and every one of you guys are wolves and just manipulating my posts to be placed against me. Anyhow, before I go off topic with my post, I will say this: definitely there's at least a wolf or two in the bunch that's voting against me.

                          Originally posted by ymia
                          Today is the last day of the phase. If anything, we should be moving from skype chats into the thread, to bring everyone together and to a consensus. We want conversations and opinions brought to light now, not kept in the dark.
                          But this discussion is going way off topic so it should be saved for outside the thread and not be cluttered.
                          bananas


                          Comment

                          • thesunfan
                            Role Tide
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • May 2011
                            • 10859

                            #208
                            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                            I agree that we need more ITT thread discussion, but disagree that we need to keep talking about Mr. May.

                            Quite frankly, I've been trying to be a nicer guy this game. But James, I think your play at this point is stupid. Sorry. I can't understand why on earth you've been posting the way you have been. But this is beating a dead horse. At least you're finally starting to defend yourself.

                            I personally would like to hear more from Silvuh as well. Where you at? You don't wanna talk to me on Skype about the game, you haven't talked much ITT. After the first game, you promised that you would post more in future games, (which I kinda suggested you keep your pattern, but I don't think I convinced you too well). Where you at?

                            Also, I may or may not have more on Xiz later. He's been playing the weirdest game I have ever seen with me on Skype.
                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                            Originally posted by XelNya
                            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                            Originally posted by star-crossed
                            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                            Comment

                            • pntballa18
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3357

                              #209
                              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                              this discussion isn't productive.
                              I disagree. James has been the closest to getting lynched for a while now, and now we have a 30+ post conversation with and about him to further judge our readings on.

                              Comment

                              • James May
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2012
                                • 3817

                                #210
                                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                I may or may not have more on Xiz later. He's been playing the weirdest game I have ever seen with me on Skype.
                                This is what I'm getting on about Xiz. It's not like he's being wolfy, but at the same time he's not really being townish...

                                Quite frankly, I've been trying to be a nicer guy this game. But James, I think your play at this point is stupid. Sorry. I can't understand why on earth you've been posting the way you have been. But this is beating a dead horse. At least you're finally starting to defend yourself.
                                I concur with what you are saying, this is stupid...but people (ymia & pnt) are being persistent with this trivial matter, all I'm just trying to do at this point is start up a different discussion before it just becomes a point of meta...

                                Originally posted by pnt
                                I disagree. James has been the closest to getting lynched for a while now, and now we have a 30+ post conversation with and about him to further judge our readings on.
                                more like you and ymia bantering about my play instead of discussing...
                                bananas


                                Comment

                                Working...