TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thesunfan
    Role Tide
    Sectional Moderator
    • May 2011
    • 10859

    #121
    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

    Is there any problem with me agreeing with someone, if I like their logic? I wasn't aware that that was a problem in this game.
    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
    Originally posted by star-crossed
    (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

    Comment

    • James May
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2012
      • 3817

      #122
      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

      Originally posted by thesunfan
      Is there any problem with me agreeing with someone, if I like their logic? I wasn't aware that that was a problem in this game.
      Note that I said TRUST, not LIKE. It's not a problem agreein with someone but ideally having your own set of evidence does help boost your own vote.
      bananas


      Comment

      • James May
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2012
        • 3817

        #123
        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

        *agreeing
        Blast this tablet...
        bananas


        Comment

        • thesunfan
          Role Tide
          Sectional Moderator
          • May 2011
          • 10859

          #124
          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

          This is the problem I have with a D1 lynch without a night kill, there's basically nothing to go off of. Yeah, I agree with what Charu has said regarding you, and I also agree that nothing will happen unless a commotion is created, but its very unlikely that we're going to get a red D1, based on virtually nothing. Its not the end of the world if a green dies today, and its also not gg if a blue is outed, but there's nothing to go off of. The wolves, for the most part will sit back, offer as little as possible, and maybe tag a vote or two onto the person that ends up with a rope around their neck.

          But I am realistic. I know that we're going to kill someone today. All I'm saying is that they're most likely going to be a human.

          But yeah, this is only a D1 suggestion by me. For sure, there shouldn't be any mention of a no-lynch after today, and I'm fairly sure I'll get mocked by someone saying it shouldn't be on the table at all.
          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
          Originally posted by star-crossed
          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

          Comment

          • Vendetta21
            Sectional Moderator
            Sectional Moderator
            • Aug 2006
            • 2745

            #125
            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

            In C9++ our day 1 lynch of wolves runs like 40% accuracy which is definitely higher than elsewhere. Day 1 is actually harder for wolves because they have no idea what to expect and no sense of how they are going to control the game yet.

            Stop whining about shit you have no idea if it is even true or not. Basing theory that dictates gameplay off your weak impressions that lack experience is stupid, and also self-fulfilling.

            I question whether or not this continued whining is actually just you having trouble finding your human voice without some silhouette of data to outline people's thoughts and impressions of the wolves.

            Comment

            • dAnceguy117
              new hand moves = dab
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2002
              • 10103

              #126
              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
              I don't think he's even proved his own innocence.
              unless he did and I'm missing something o3o
              no one can prove innocence except in rare circumstances. that does not render someone's arguments or votes invalid. it does, however, mean that "trust" should be at a minimum.

              Originally posted by James May
              the reason why I don't "talk" in that motion o your vote because I feel like in order to make someone talk, you need substance in your votes.
              completely disagreed. if I were to have 5+ votes on me, even if none of those votes were backed by any reasoning, I would be saying something. votes are important in and of themselves.

              Comment

              • Vendetta21
                Sectional Moderator
                Sectional Moderator
                • Aug 2006
                • 2745

                #127
                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                Originally posted by Gradiant
                And how exactly does one work through stuff we don't have?
                The only way to start off is to do as Vendetta is suggesting.

                And as such...Riotpolice
                alright we're running out of time and it seems like you douchebags are mostly playing outside the thread so i guess i'll start something here.

                so here's what we have with gradiant

                First, he takes a suggestion. Why else would he both vote for the person I'm voting for and note my suggestion? Because what I said had an impact on what he was thinking. Taking a suggestion as a new player indicates that you have read something someone else has said and realize "oh yes, that is true I hadn't thought of that."

                This is a complicated game, things people say constantly cause me to reframe and change my perspective.

                I made four posts about things I thought were relevant to the way we are approaching the game and he read them. These things started with riotpolice getting caught up in corner-case theory about how we should proceed if the day follows trend A or trend B (called corner-case here because the day could follow many unlisted trends and there is no way to predict the way the day will play out at all, so trying to determine outcomes of a hypothetical situation feels like wasted movement.) I was thinking to myself "oh we're wasting our limited amount of attention and focus on this dumb problem, let's instead try to think about how people are approaching the game." It's why I use vitriol in these situations, it makes continuing the behavior uncomfortable because I'm being mean.

                Naturally it's expected from me, and I think anyone who reads that, to think about the game from my perspective a little. That's the point of saying anything.

                My vote on riotpolice was about trying to get him to stop a behavior. It was not because I thought he was a wolf. But Gradiant did think he was a wolf, or at least enough to add a second vote so soon! My suggestions didn't do anything to indicate riotpolice's wolfiness and the initial reasoning was really weak. So why, when you are being impacted by someone's suggestions, would you suddenly vote for the person they were voting for?

                if you are a human the reasons are:
                -you like the way they think and trust them enough

                if you are a wolf the reasons are:
                -to associate with this person's thinking
                -to help lead a mislynch

                It could get more complicated, but I'm talking about a new player here so I'm analyzing it from the perspective of someone who couldn't possibly have layers upon layers of double-think frosted on to their shitcake meta. It's entirely possible that the first is true, but I just have a vague impression based on the fact that gradiant failed to understand riotpolice's post (he implied he understood riotpolice to be suggesting a no-lynch when he was suggesting not-insta-lynch) but that he did understand mine enough to agree with me, that he couldn't have gotten a strong impression that riotpolice was wolfy, and that it's more likely the latter two reasons bulleted above.

                so yeah that's what i got so far, but you fuckers are lazy and not contributing so we'll so where it goes from here

                gradiant

                Comment

                • yo man im awesome
                  soleil ardent
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2007
                  • 6514

                  #128
                  Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                  A votecount, perhaps?

                  Originally posted by choof
                  you double dad loving dipshit
                  Originally posted by t-rogdor
                  dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                  Originally posted by smartdude1212
                  I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                  Comment

                  • Riotpolice
                    "Reach For The Stars"
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 1921

                    #129
                    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                    V, I like that kind of thinking. I want to see what Gradients thoughts are concerning this matter, now I am curious if he voted for me for the same reason you previously voted for me...

                    Originally posted by Vendetta21

                    so yeah that's what i got so far, but you fuckers are lazy and not contributing so we'll so where it goes from here

                    gradiant
                    Thanks for the stern suggestion, I'll continue to learn about contributing more to the thread in the future...
                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

                    Originally posted by m0de
                    im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

                    Comment

                    • Gradiant
                      FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 1100

                      #130
                      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      First, he takes a suggestion. Why else would he both vote for the person I'm voting for and note my suggestion? Because what I said had an impact on what he was thinking. Taking a suggestion as a new player indicates that you have read something someone else has said and realize "oh yes, that is true I hadn't thought of that."
                      As a new player of this game, I was unsure of whether or not to start voting early, and then had to post after I got back from work.
                      I was going to make that post before you even made yours. Don't feel so special that I happened to share your opinion at the time, you're not that important


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      This is a complicated game, things people say constantly cause me to reframe and change my perspective.
                      Who said this was my final vote? Don't think you're the only one allowed to have a fluid perspective and that I'm just copying you.


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      My vote on riotpolice was about trying to get him to stop a behavior. It was not because I thought he was a wolf. But Gradiant did think he was a wolf, or at least enough to add a second vote so soon! My suggestions didn't do anything to indicate riotpolice's wolfiness and the initial reasoning was really weak. So why, when you are being impacted by someone's suggestions, would you suddenly vote for the person they were voting for?
                      It's literally impossible to pick out wolves at this point in the game.
                      Only thing people are able to go off of are slips in posts (James May) or suggestions that seem kind of dumb (Riotpolice).
                      I was voting early to get stuff happening because it certainly wasn't enough at that point to do anything important.


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      if you are a human the reasons are:
                      -you like the way they think and trust them enough

                      if you are a wolf the reasons are:
                      -to associate with this person's thinking
                      -to help lead a mislynch.
                      Or none of these?
                      I certainly don't see how a mislynch could occur with practically nothing to go on in the game thus far. I also don't associate with your thinking because you said it first.
                      You don't know what my opinions were before making it and I'm sorry I don't have the time to be in here more to post more often.
                      That being said, just because I share a opinion at least for a tiny bit doesn't mean I like the way the you post (doesn't mean I hate it necessarily),
                      and I am unsure if I trust you based on you voting for me because you think I'm copying your voting. Your three points are false.


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      I just have a vague impression based on the fact that gradiant failed to understand riotpolice's post (he implied he understood riotpolice to be suggesting a no-lynch when he was suggesting not-insta-lynch) but that he did understand mine enough to agree with me, that he couldn't have gotten a strong impression that riotpolice was wolfy, and that it's more likely the latter two reasons bulleted above.
                      Maybe I did misunderstand the no-lynch/insta-lynch terminology, but even so, the ball has to get rolling by stuff you know, actually happening
                      If you go through the whole thing slowly (you have nothing to go off of because nobody would be voting or responding to said votes), you end up with nothing and a dead thread.

                      Comment

                      • Gradiant
                        FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 1100

                        #131
                        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                        Originally posted by James May
                        Okay. Like I said, gonna need more than a vote to get me to talk
                        Originally posted by James May
                        funnygurl
                        Would like to see more insight from her. Especially what she thinks so far of everyone. Its Day 1 but eh, eenie meenie miney moe vote ain't gonna cut it~
                        So one vote won't make you say anything but you were expecting Funnygurl to talk from you putting a vote for her?
                        Your vote to get her to talk contradicts heavily with
                        Originally posted by James May
                        the reason why I don't "talk" in that motion o your vote because I feel like in order to make someone talk, you need substance in your votes. A vote is just a plain outlier in the realm of reasoning if you don't have something to hold it together. It's like an accusation per se. In order to accuse someone, you need evidence, which is why I never take a vote without any reasoning seriously.
                        And see now Vendetta: now that stuff has happened after my first vote, it has changed.
                        James May

                        Comment

                        • Vendetta21
                          Sectional Moderator
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 2745

                          #132
                          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                          Originally posted by Gradiant
                          Don't feel so special that I happened to share your opinion at the time, you're not that important

                          ....

                          Don't think you're the only one allowed to have a fluid perspective and that I'm just copying you.

                          ...

                          Your three points are false.
                          If this were KFC I would say these three things are a sandwich without a bread.

                          You mentioned my name and then proceeded to vote for the same person, so why would any reasonable person assume you were acting out of something else other than a suggestion? Especially when you seem to feel that there isn't much going on in the thread. I don't think I'm special but I also don't ever really try to distance myself from the influence others have on me.

                          So we'll take it at face value that you came to the same conclusion as me, decided to vote for the same person as me, and your vote was also fluid and non-serious like mine -- but in no way was it influenced by my vote or reasoning. The spontaneous meeting of two like minds. Obviously the simplest conclusion to make in that context. I should stop thinking I'm so special, it's clouding my judgment.

                          Comment

                          • YoshL
                            Celestial Harbor
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 6156

                            #133
                            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                            Votecount:

                            (1) Riotpolice - Gradiant, funnygurl555, dAnceguy117
                            (2) Xiv - yo man im awesome, mellonxcollie
                            (0) thesunfan - Xiv
                            (1) Charu - thesunfan, Xiv
                            (0) dAnceguy117 - FoJar
                            (0) Netjet! - dAnceguy117

                            (3) Funnygurl555 - Svaz, James May, Silvuh
                            (0) Silvuh - ~
                            (2) Vendetta21 - FoJar, funnygurl555
                            (0) mellonxcollie - ~
                            (3) James May - thesunfan, Charu, Gradiant
                            (0) Svaz - ~
                            (2) Gradiant - James May, Vendetta21, Riotpolice
                            (0) yo man im awesome - ~
                            (0) FoJar - ~


                            Yet to vote: Netjet!



                            Xiv -> thesunfan
                            FoJar -> dAnceguy117
                            James May -> Gradiant
                            thesunfan -> Charu
                            FoJar -> Vendetta21
                            Vendetta21 -> Riotpolice
                            dAnceguy117 -> Netjet!
                            Gradiant -> Riotpolice
                            yo man im awesome -> Xiv
                            funnygurl555 - Riotpolice
                            dAnceguy117 - Riotpolice
                            thesunfan - James May
                            Svaz - funnygurl555
                            mellonxcollie - Xiv
                            James May - funnygurl555
                            funnygurl555 - Vendetta21
                            Xiv - Charu
                            Charu - James May
                            Silvuh - funnygurl555
                            Vendetta21 - Gradiant
                            Vendetta21 - Gradiant
                            Riotpolice - Gradiant
                            Gradiant - James May



                            reminder that day 1 ends Nov. 19th at 11:59 PM EST


                            Originally posted by Charu
                            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                            Comment

                            • Gradiant
                              FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 1100

                              #134
                              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              So we'll take it at face value that you came to the same conclusion as me, decided to vote for the same person as me, and your vote was also fluid and non-serious like mine -- but in no way was it influenced by my vote or reasoning. The spontaneous meeting of two like minds. Obviously the simplest conclusion to make in that context. I should stop thinking I'm so special, it's clouding my judgment.
                              Well yes in a way. If I say 1+1=2 then that's a statement. If you say the same thing, am I going to make long post saying you're copying me and that you answered the same only because I did so first? Or that your answer is obviously influenced by mine? No. Of course not, because that is simply stupid. With so little to go on at the point when the post was made, opinions made personally by people not posted in the thread are obviously going to coincide due to there being no other information. Maybe others had not posted theirs as well due to being afraid you'll jump down their throats.

                              Comment

                              • Vendetta21
                                Sectional Moderator
                                Sectional Moderator
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 2745

                                #135
                                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                                the difference here from math being that nobody here agrees on how to even go about playing the game, so it's not like my perspective on TWG is hitting at some underlying truth that will always surface over many iterations.

                                what i interpret this as currently is you initially feeling like saying that you just came to the same conclusions was a way to save face, and now that you've committed to it you can't back away.

                                if i make a comment or decision that is disingenious and i haven't fully caught or realized it typically i find myself scrambling in those moments for rationale. making something that sounds good or coherent is easy, but if you thoroughly examine the context the explanation probably doesn't match if you are trying to mask a hidden intention.

                                so as a voter in this thread you should ask yourself if you think gradiant's "you're not special i came to the same conclusions and posted it immediately after you" fits with a hasty explanation for hidden intentions OR if his actions fit a general mood or tone of the thread that multiple people could have been having at that time.

                                i honestly don't know from my perspective because all i saw was directionless movement.

                                Comment

                                Working...