TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Funnygurl555
    T-Force's Rival
    • Dec 2010
    • 1865

    #436
    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

    Originally posted by pntballa18
    I'm going to wait a while to see if there's a counterclaim before placing my vote. There's plenty of time, no need to rush this.
    I'm going to agree with this. Danceguy didn't seem suspicious to me throughout the game. If we're going to eliminate him today, let's at least take the time to think things through.
    That being said, YMIA didn't seem suspicious to me as well, so uh.
    What just happened in this thread...
    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    is funny eaman?
    Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    GET DUNKED FUNNY
    (eaman is her name irl, friend)

    Comment

    • mellonxcollie
      Sectional Moderator
      Sectional Moderator
      • Dec 2006
      • 1304

      #437
      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

      Unless there is a counterclaim this doesn't look good Danceguy...


      Of course it's possible that you're the miller and that RP is MW. But it's way more likely that you are a wolf and that he is green just statistically. Even if you are the miller, it is probably a good idea for the town to be safe and get rid of you anyway
      Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

      Comment

      • Riotpolice
        "Reach For The Stars"
        • Nov 2010
        • 1921

        #438
        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

        What's up dance, does this mean I'm the MW, HUH?!?! DOES IT?!?!?!
        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

        Originally posted by m0de
        im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

        Comment

        • dAnceguy117
          new hand moves = dab
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2002
          • 10103

          #439
          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

          Originally posted by mellonxcollie
          Even if you are the miller, it is probably a good idea for the town to be safe and get rid of you anyway
          I think I agree.

          Originally posted by Riotpolice
          What's up dance, does this mean I'm the MW, HUH?!?! DOES IT?!?!?!
          almost definitely.

          you lied repeatedly about your private communications with James May. I have no idea why you felt the need to do that if you weren't both wolves, but clearly you weren't mason pals either, as James claimed VT 1000 times while close to lynch.

          there's no reason for it. all I can think of is that you were prepared to lie about talking to anyone so that the ones with you and your wolvy compadres wouldn't stand out.

          if you're the MW, then James was human, which would explain why you lynched him within minutes after I posted about you lying to me.





          to be honest, I had YMIA as a strong town read until his card was flipped. with the knowledge that James May was almost definitely town, though, I can see where I made mistakes there. his late vote on Riot throws me for a loop though.





          Silvuh has been quick to talk to me about other stuff but reluctant to talk to me about TWG. the most reasonable explanations I can think of are 1) he thought I was a wolf and didn't want to cough up any info to me, or 2) he's a wolf. he never stated any suspicion of me either in the thread or privately, so I think the latter is more reasonable.





          Svaz has been in commentary mode the whole game. "you idiots, you lynched James way too quickly!" while true, I think it's really easy to say that and pin the blame on the aggressors while having no stake in any of the lynches, which is what she's been doing.

          Comment

          • pntballa18
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2005
            • 3357

            #440
            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

            Xiz, James, and RiotPolice are all master wolves

            Comment

            • dAnceguy117
              new hand moves = dab
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2002
              • 10103

              #441
              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
              town reads
              _____
              Gradiant
              Charu
              pntballa
              Funnygurl
              - Gradiant was asking me a few general TWG questions near the start of the game. it seemed like I was one of the first people he talked to. a wolf can fake that or legitimately not yet be in contact with the others, but I didn't get that impression at all.

              - Charu and I talked in Mumble a bit at the beginning of the game. at one point, he totally forgot that wolves already know who's a human and who's not. again wolves can theoretically fake that, but I don't think that's the explanation. also he just claimed seer. so there's that.

              - pntballa has been grilling me some via Skype. I find that most wolves forget they're supposed to do that in OOT games. also I really really thought V was town early.

              - Funnygurl picked up a few votes in Day 1 for, in my opinion, no good reason. also Funnygurl was Riot's only wolf "read" for, like, forever. total BS.





              more after i eat. someone tell me when to stop i guess

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #442
                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                null
                _____
                Raeko
                Kraut
                fojar
                - I liked Raeko's vote on Riot. her short explanation was exactly what I was thinking at that point in time. that's all I can remember from her.

                - I don't blame Kraut for his quick and unchanging James vote, as the tone James was posting with near death is a pretty common wolf tell.

                - I have almost nothing to say about fojar. I have James and pnt as human, so he's 0/2 in my book, which doesn't look great. that's a pretty weak indicator though.

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #443
                  Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                  that's pretty much all I got. pop me questions if you want. otherwise,

                  Comment

                  • FoJaR
                    The Worst
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 2816

                    #444
                    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                    well statistically i was wrong about james, there's a chance he was the master wolf but it is small and to play on the assumption that he was is stupid.

                    danceguy is the obvious lynch for today, but rushing things with a confirmed red is stupid.

                    in regards to riotpolice: yes, lying is generally a bad idea as a human, but the more important thing is why he was lying. as i was saying in mumble before this game started, i've lied as a human (to try and expose wolves) and it's come back to bite me, when if people had been paying attention they would have seen two obvious wolves.

                    so basically i want to hear from riotpolice WHY he lied to danceguy, and i want to hear from danceguy why this particular lie implicates riotpolice as a wolf, other than "he lied therefore wolf"

                    Comment

                    • pntballa18
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3357

                      #445
                      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                      And with that, everyone has been online and had an opportunity to counterclaim. dAnceguy117

                      Comment

                      • FoJaR
                        The Worst
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 2816

                        #446
                        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                        why not let the riot/danceguy rap battle finish before making the obvious lynch?

                        oh, you dont want information?

                        strange

                        Comment

                        • pntballa18
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3357

                          #447
                          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                          Originally posted by FoJaR
                          why not let the riot/danceguy rap battle finish before making the obvious lynch?

                          oh, you dont want information?

                          strange
                          One vote doesn't stop any information.

                          But honestly, i think the james/RP thing is misguided at best. RP said he didn't know james had a skype account when he actually said something to him in the TWG chat? Cool, he either lied or forgot. Let's assume he lied for the sake of discussion. RP was seered green, and James flipped green. So at least one of them is a human, probably both. But, again for the sake of discussion, let's assume RP is the MW. What does he stand to gain from lying about knowing James had a skype? I can't think of anything, let me know if you can.

                          The whole argument started before we had either of their colors, and now that we have both, it just doesn't make any sense. But on top of that, the senseless argument is being pushed by someone who was just seered red.

                          Comment

                          • FoJaR
                            The Worst
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 2816

                            #448
                            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                            more talking = more information

                            more voting = less information

                            i mean it's not that big of a problem since you're the only one so far, but lack of counterclaim should not signal the start for lynch.

                            there is no reason not to stretch this day out.

                            Comment

                            • Svaz
                              quite clever
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 792

                              #449
                              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                              I talked to riotpolice in mumble and then in skype the next day and he didn't remember talking to me in mumble until I told him about it (this is probably because he didn't associate my voice with me). I'm willing to believe that riot just doesn't take meticulous note of stuff like that until later. Granted, I came out of the chat I had with him feeling suspicious and like he might be worthy of scrutiny within the thread, but I don't really feel this way as much now...

                              Oddly enough, I don't have a really strong inclination to lynch dAnce because I've felt he was fairly strongly human this whole time. I get that it makes the most cognitive sense to go for him, but, yeah, like FoJaR said and like I bemoaned earlier, we are going way too fast.

                              Comment

                              • Svaz
                                quite clever
                                • Oct 2008
                                • 792

                                #450
                                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                                Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                                Svaz has been in commentary mode the whole game. "you idiots, you lynched James way too quickly!" while true, I think it's really easy to say that and pin the blame on the aggressors while having no stake in any of the lynches, which is what she's been doing.
                                I can concede that it's a pretty easy position to take. I tend to approach situations very slowly and cautiously. I like to wait for things to develop; like any good photograph, you have to give each composition the right amount of exposure and time. Too long in the developer and your picture will be too muddled (with information), too brief, and you will only have a vague sense of the forms within the picture. It'll be too hard to ascertain what's going on, and I feel like this is where we are now.

                                By the way, I wouldn't know any of this stuff about photography without the knowledge and insight of Mr Staples. You can find his helpouts page here and learn new approaches to your tired, old, selfie-only pictures. Maybe you'll even take a picture of something that matters for a change, who knows!

                                But I digress. I understand that there's a point where discussion lasts too long, and I'm fairly confident we're not yet at this point.

                                Comment

                                Working...