TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #451
    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

    Originally posted by FoJaR
    in regards to riotpolice: yes, lying is generally a bad idea as a human, but the more important thing is why he was lying. as i was saying in mumble before this game started, i've lied as a human (to try and expose wolves) and it's come back to bite me, when if people had been paying attention they would have seen two obvious wolves.

    so basically i want to hear from riotpolice WHY he lied to danceguy, and i want to hear from danceguy why this particular lie implicates riotpolice as a wolf, other than "he lied therefore wolf"
    Riotpolice insists that he did not remember James May having a Skype account. he restated this last night in the group chat. I don't believe he's actually that forgetful.

    why would this lie implicate him as a wolf, if he is indeed lying? because there's no reason to continually deny that you talked to someone when you actually did, unless you're hiding something. James May was a plain human, so Riotpolice wasn't lying in order to protect a human power role.

    I agree with pnt that it wouldn't make much sense for a wolf to lie about talking to a human, either. but gauging from his reactions, I do think he's lying. perhaps Riotpolice planned to answer all "did you talk to ______" questions with "no" in order to avoid further questions. again, I conclude that he has something to hide.


    Originally posted by Svaz
    I can concede that it's a pretty easy position to take. I tend to approach situations very slowly and cautiously.
    I certainly wouldn't want to lynch someone for trying to proceed with caution. I think you look kinda wolfy because you haven't made any important votes, which can allow a wolf to skate by in stealth mode while humans try to plot out connections.

    pointing out that quick instalynches are bad for the town is a good way to make it look like your actions are pro-town, especially if you already know the lynch will result in a human flip. it's definitely speculation on my part; that's the way I'm seeing it.

    great analogies though.

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #452
      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

      Oddly enough, there really hasn't been much discussion in here after I told you folks, and it's been almost 24 hours. I agree with the folks that said more discussion is needed, but thus far, nothing has been given out.

      Originally posted by FoJaR
      why not let the riot/danceguy rap battle finish before making the obvious lynch?

      oh, you dont want information?

      strange
      I guess this is an expected reaction from you, considering I don't even think you're in the Skype chat or even have Skype I think... do you?

      The rap battle between dance and Riot took place in the Skype chat.

      I guess since no one else is going to do it, I might as well make some points.

      Consider these possibilities.

      SCENARIO ONE
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      dance is a miller, then yeah, because of his red sign, all of his reads and statements now are all thrown out the window, including that rap with him and Riot. BUT, his questions he asked Riot within the Skype chat and how Riot responded to majority of them made me really raise my eyebrows.

      Riot was constantly brushing off dance, laughing at him, which sure, that's what probably a gloating green would do... maybe. But, dance then asked him this question.

      "What is your role then?"

      This simple question... had Riot hesitate for some reason. He didn't answer right away, he took his time. Then he answered with a joke role and laughed at dance again. When dance questioned again, all he said was "lol".

      Finally after 3 or so minutes of this, he answered he was just green. Now why on EARTH did it take that long for Riot to answer back? Why was he not giving a serious answer afterwords?

      Clearly... if dance is a miller, this stinks like a rotten potatoe.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      ---

      SCENARIO TWO

      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      dance is the wolf and because Riot has been playing a really weird game, he's using this to his advantage and calling him out.

      He's using my huge suspicions of him and using my statement that I think he's the MW as leverage to pit Riot in a hole so he would most likely be targeted later days or used by the remaining wolves near the end game.

      The little rap battle he did in the chat was all just a ruse to make Riot's weird play-style come into light and using his play as a means to get at him.

      I recall the James May votes. Riot is playing similarly to James, albeit he's not as vocal and constantly labeling himself as defense. dance might be using this too as means for us to question his sincerity and his weird plays.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      And... well, that's all for me regarding THOSE two in particular.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • Funnygurl555
        T-Force's Rival
        • Dec 2010
        • 1865

        #453
        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

        There may also be two more scenarios:

        They could both be wolves. Riot could be the MW and dance could be a wolf. Knowing that he is going to be eliminated, dance could be suspecting Riot as some sort of distancing tactic. This may have already been used before dance was known to have flipped red, so if one went down, then the other one wouldn't.

        They could both be town. Dance could be miller AND Riot could be villager. They may both just be screwing each other over by suspecting each other, causing us to lose a town when it was not completely necessary.
        That being said, dance flipped red, and I understand that we should proceed with caution when figuring out what to do with him. I personally believe he's actually the miller though, because no one really suspected him prior to the seer read.

        One more thing I'd like to add: Riot seemed very fishy to me since the end of Day 2, so I asked him a couple of questions yesterday. All I can say is he is either a very good liar or someone who screwed up pretty big, because his answers actually made some sense to me. That kind of makes me wonder why he did hesitate when asked what his role was in the skype chat last night... a good liar would not hesitate...

        That's my two cents, guys. I'd like to see how this plays out.
        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
        is funny eaman?
        Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
        Originally posted by the sun fan
        GET DUNKED FUNNY
        (eaman is her name irl, friend)

        Comment

        • Krauthammer
          FFR Player
          • May 2012
          • 362

          #454
          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

          Either way, it doesn't really matter much if Dance is the Miller or not.

          The only thing that matters is that he has to die.

          What is for sure is that at the end of this phase, it is guaranteed a wolf will have died, whether it was yoman or Danceguy. And nobody is going to risk not lynching him, right?

          I think enough time has been given to see what could sprout. Nothing significant, so I'm making my vote now.

          Danceguy

          Comment

          • Funnygurl555
            T-Force's Rival
            • Dec 2010
            • 1865

            #455
            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

            Similar stuff was said in the skype chat about danceguy having to die. I get that he has to die now, but I still don't believe he's suspicious.
            Ah well, 'least one wolf will be down.
            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
            is funny eaman?
            Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
            Originally posted by the sun fan
            GET DUNKED FUNNY
            (eaman is her name irl, friend)

            Comment

            • Riotpolice
              "Reach For The Stars"
              • Nov 2010
              • 1921

              #456
              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

              Funny, I agree with what you have to say about the situation in the second senario with dance. I can't trust myself to not lynch him for the sake of him being the miller, at least with both (YMIA + Dance) of them dead, we know for certain that, at least, 1 wolf is dead. End of story. Pretty tired right now from being outside all day, but I'm going to vote for dance (even though I really do think he's human) because there's no choice. We need to down a wolf, one way or another. For the sake of the game...

              Dance, my vote is not against you personally, it's not even against the way you've been grilling me as hard as you possibly can in skype chats throughout the game. It's against the sandbaggers and for the sake of winning the game. And I do find it very unfortunate that we are losing you because you were seered red. This is why I'm voting for you: Dance.
              Originally posted by hi19hi19
              Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

              Originally posted by m0de
              im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #457
                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                *cough* *cough* bullshit *cough*

                Comment

                • Charu
                  Snivy! Dohoho!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 6207

                  #458
                  Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                  Hey folks, got an interesting proposition to try, hope you all like it.

                  So, we all know there's an IP Sharer still walking around. We also all know that the person's vote doubles. I propose this little excercise, dohoho.

                  So we're at 3 votes, right? Let me just go ahead and vote now so it's at 4. danceguy117

                  Now then. What I want everyone in this game to do is place their vote so dance gets to 5, then you unvote immediately, understood? We do this until either someone refuses or they vote and the day ends.

                  Sound good? I hope so.


                  Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                  Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                  Had a very shiny nose
                  And if you ever saw it
                  You could even say it glows

                  All of the other Snivies
                  Used to laugh and call him names
                  They never let poor Charu
                  Join in any Snivy games

                  (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                  Comment

                  • pntballa18
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 3357

                    #459
                    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                    Well this is a neat idea.

                    Just want to point out, it will only work if YMIA was an IP sharer. But 2/4 reds are IP sharers, so there's a reasonable chance this could work.

                    *popcorn*

                    Comment

                    • pntballa18
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3357

                      #460
                      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                      also if you're going to vote, make a post saying so, wait 5 minutes, and then vote. otherwise we could get two people "accidentally" voting at the same time

                      Comment

                      • Krauthammer
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2012
                        • 362

                        #461
                        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                        I see a serious flaw in this.

                        And it is that we, as players, can't know when an Insta happens, if we rely on the IP votes.

                        Unless YoshL watches every single vote, and notifies all of us when it happens.

                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #462
                          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                          That's where you're wrong.

                          I just talked to him actually.

                          When the votes are placed and then they're unvoted. If the insta happens, every vote that happens after that... are not counted.


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • Silvuh
                            quit
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 938

                            #463
                            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                            pnt asked me to vote first in the chat, so I'll make a vote in five minutes.

                            Comment

                            • Silvuh
                              quit
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 938

                              #464
                              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                              Okay. 時間です。

                              dAnceguy117

                              Comment

                              • Silvuh
                                quit
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Apr 2005
                                • 938

                                #465
                                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                                unvote

                                Comment

                                Working...