TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Svaz
    quite clever
    • Oct 2008
    • 792

    #391
    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

    To expound a bit on something that kinda jumped out at me:

    Originally posted by Riotpolice
    1. Because I didn't wanna be caught looking like I was jumping on the bandwagon. That was an easy tactic that I used back in last game when I was a wolf, so I didn't want to fall back to that similar pattern and then someone like you (with your logic/reasoning skill set) comes along and goes back to digging stuff up from last game and using it against me this game.

    2. I didn't feel like bandwaggoning on him because I felt it was too easy for us to kill a potential green. Why is he trying to make himself look like a sandbagger really doesn't make any sense but you'd think if he was a real sandbagger, he'd try to hide it a little better....

    That's pretty much the extent of my motives as far as voting back on D1.

    As for me voting for funny, once again, I didn't want to be caught bandwaggoning James, hence why I voted back to funny and then back to Xiz when I re-read sunfan's statement properly.
    RE point #1: if you felt it was the right thing to do, why not go with it anyway? I think if you're making a move with sincere human intent, you'd be able to explain your rationale in a way that made sense. I think being overly concerned with appearing wolfy is, well, indicative of someone who has ulterior motives outside of securing a win for a town. Multi-game conflict is just something you'll have to deal with!

    I suppose it's just personal preference, but I feel like trying to modify your current playstyle for the long haul detracts from the current game. Granted, I suppose if someone plays a LOT that's pretty fair as an approach. Ah, I dunno. I can definitely concede that this is a personal agenda.

    All this contemplated, I suppose I don't find it surprising you went with a vote for him today, but that you would both vote and rescind so quickly makes me a bit concerned; who are you placating? I don't want to blindly jump onto a LYNCH-BUS involving you either, not yet, anyhow, so I'll abstain for now.

    Comment

    • Svaz
      quite clever
      • Oct 2008
      • 792

      #392
      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

      Comment

      • Svaz
        quite clever
        • Oct 2008
        • 792

        #393
        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

        holy shit that image was just a bit bigger than I expected, lo siento

        Comment

        • Silvuh
          quit
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Apr 2005
          • 938

          #394
          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

          Though I don't agree with James's rhetoric ... his refusal in the chat to insta himself is what a human should do.

          So Gradiant, will you be moving your vote?

          Near the beginning, you got a little heat from V and defended yourself well (#130) ... and posted a follow-up shot at James, who has been the easy "Your play is anti-town" target. V soft-cleared you, and after one more back-and-forth, there's nothing more for a while ... You didn't post again until a vote right back on James (#347) in the next phase. Your clarification (#356) repeated a lot of pnt's sentiments about the Xiz lynch, so it's good that we agree that it was a big, fishy mess. You pointed to the first four people to vote for Xiz after #278 as being a teeny bit suspicious ... but that was all.

          Have you expanded on those suspicions?

          P.S. I was awake all night for no good reason, so I'll be out of it for a while today. Sorry for being a derp.

          Comment

          • pntballa18
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2005
            • 3357

            #395
            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

            Originally posted by FoJaR
            yeah v/james looked kinda shady day one, and now paintballa/james are doing the same dance.

            i'm fine with a james lynch, and if he flips red we should probably look to paintball next.

            james
            So if james comes back as a wolf, you think that would make me the next most suspicious player? That's an interesting idea, could you elaborate a bit?

            Comment

            • James May
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2012
              • 3817

              #396
              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

              Originally posted by pntballa18
              So if james comes back as a wolf, you think that would make me the next most suspicious player? That's an interesting idea, could you elaborate a bit?
              You also forgot that there is a miller as well pnt. And i do concede that I jumped to the conclusion that xiv was MW, but why are you hasty in assuming that I come back as a wolf if miller comes back as a red as well?
              bananas


              Comment

              • James May
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2012
                • 3817

                #397
                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                Originally posted by Silvuh
                Though I don't agree with James's rhetoric ... his refusal in the chat to insta himself is what a human should do.

                So Gradiant, will you be moving your vote?

                Near the beginning, you got a little heat from V and defended yourself well (#130) ... and posted a follow-up shot at James, who has been the easy "Your play is anti-town" target. V soft-cleared you, and after one more back-and-forth, there's nothing more for a while ... You didn't post again until a vote right back on James (#347) in the next phase. Your clarification (#356) repeated a lot of pnt's sentiments about the Xiz lynch, so it's good that we agree that it was a big, fishy mess. You pointed to the first four people to vote for Xiz after #278 as being a teeny bit suspicious ... but that was all.

                Have you expanded on those suspicions?

                P.S. I was awake all night for no good reason, so I'll be out of it for a while today. Sorry for being a derp.
                That's where I was going with the whole "witch hunt" when I responded to Svaz's post. They assume that a town needs to play a certain way and because how I play is different veers them to assume that I'm a red when the shouldnt assume that just by playstyle.
                bananas


                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #398
                  Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                  James May

                  (1 from insta)

                  Comment

                  • James May
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 3817

                    #399
                    Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                    @Charu: I hope that the explanation that I told you last night cleared some things up about your curiousity.
                    bananas


                    Comment

                    • James May
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2012
                      • 3817

                      #400
                      Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                      Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                      James May

                      (1 from insta)
                      Care to explain?
                      bananas


                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #401
                        Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                        sure. in #396 you give credence to the idea that you'll flip red. yes we all know you've claimed VT, and yes there's a red miller in this game, but you seem pretty worried about it. I think it's because you already know what you're going to flip.

                        also I think Riot is a wolf and the interaction (or lack thereof) between you two looks ultra sketchy to me.

                        Comment

                        • pntballa18
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3357

                          #402
                          Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                          Originally posted by James May
                          You also forgot that there is a miller as well pnt. And i do concede that I jumped to the conclusion that xiv was MW, but why are you hasty in assuming that I come back as a wolf if miller comes back as a red as well?
                          I didn't forget. Just like I thought it would be a bad idea to assume Xiz is the MW after a green flip, I think it would be a bad idea to assume you're the miller if you come back red.

                          Comment

                          • Gradiant
                            FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 1100

                            #403
                            Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                            Originally posted by Silvuh
                            So Gradiant, will you be moving your vote?
                            No. I believe James is still more suspicious than the 4 I had listed and my vote will reflect as such.

                            Originally posted by Silvuh
                            You didn't post again until a vote right back on James (#347) in the next phase. Your clarification (#356) repeated a lot of pnt's sentiments about the Xiz lynch, so it's good that we agree that it was a big, fishy mess.
                            Same as above response, James is still strongly suspicious of me and it was somewhat agreed in the Skype Chat that he would be a strong candidate.

                            Originally posted by Silvuh
                            You pointed to the first four people to vote for Xiz after #278 as being a teeny bit suspicious ... but that was all.
                            Have you expanded on those suspicions?
                            No. At least not yet. Because as I said in that post, those were only slight suspicions that could just as easily have been excitement of something large going down like what happened. I still stand with James being more suspicious and a better vote because if he's red = good for us. If he's green = he has done nothing other than butthurt arguing alongside the slight slips and contradictions I have mentioned him making before so we wouldn't be missing much. If he is out this phase, people will stop voting for him and lean towards the only slightly suspicious people so that will take care of that last little bit of my previous post.

                            Hope this explained what you wanted.

                            Comment

                            • pntballa18
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3357

                              #404
                              Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                              Fojar is going to come back day 3 having never read either this post or post #395.

                              Comment

                              • dAnceguy117
                                new hand moves = dab
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2002
                                • 10103

                                #405
                                Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

                                Riotpolice just told me he hasn't added James May on Skype and was unaware that James May had a Skype account.

                                Riotpolice and James May were talking at the same time in the TWG Skype group last night. James's nickname there is James May.

                                interesting stuff

                                Comment

                                Working...