TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Krauthammer
    FFR Player
    • May 2012
    • 362

    #736
    Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

    Hey, when you were saying you liked ti sit back and absorb information you really meant it! That is a nice suspicion list.

    Alright, after aaaaaaaaaaaall this waiting for BDN, he actually brought a few good points here. I had actually brushed them as...well, musings in the wrong direction, but I'm now seeing them into a new light.

    Riot

    Comment

    • pntballa18
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2005
      • 3357

      #737
      Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

      What's up with this RiotPolice thing? A brand new player makes bad posts and uses logic that makes no sense, how is that role specific? If this was day 1 and the only thing we had to go on was how people word their posts and their shitty/not so shitty plans, I'd probably be down for a RiotPolice lynch. But this is Day 2 and we have behaviors and reactions to specific situations to make our judgements on.

      Specifically, I'll explain my vote for thesunfan.

      The first red flag was you pushing YoshL to reveal whatever secret he was holding before he was ready to. Never did you (publicly) consider that he could be a blue, and that there were very good reasons for him to not reveal that information right away. He becomes suspicious of you, and after he is killed you become the lead detective on the YoshL murder case. In post 729 you say that YoshL was CLEARLY killed because he suspected inactives, honestly that doesn't sound like a good motive to me because being inactive draws suspicion in every game, that ideology isn't specific to YoshL. Before he was killed he was more suspicious of you than inactive players, anyways. But that's not a topic of discussion because lol case closed guys YoshL was clearly killed because he solved the ancient riddle of inactive players being suspicious players.

      Also, in a recent post you say that telling the enforcer/inspector not to seer you was just a joke. It's post 565 if anyone wants to see if they get the humor, but here is the specific line: "A final reminder; PLEASE DON'T SEER ME, ITS A WASTE OF A SEER..."

      Maybe I just don't get it.

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #738
        Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

        Hmm... someone soft defending Riot but this time going after sunfan who also soft defended Riot.

        sunfan wanted to be casted suspicious for some reason. Or stated as such after someone casted a vote on him.

        ...Da fuck?


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • mellonxcollie
          Sectional Moderator
          Sectional Moderator
          • Dec 2006
          • 1304

          #739
          Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

          Originally posted by thesunfan
          but how do we do that, do you propose?
          The way I see it, we have three options:
          pressuring them with votes
          seers coming out with results (this is risky tho)
          just asking questions to specific people to prompt them to answer?

          Is out of thread talking allowed to remind people to post?
          Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #740
            Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

            No, out of thread talking isn't allowed in this game.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • mellonxcollie
              Sectional Moderator
              Sectional Moderator
              • Dec 2006
              • 1304

              #741
              Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

              Also still working on my big post. I was planning on reading the whole thread and giving thoughts on everything but I think it's too difficult. Gonna work on simplifying my big post down a bit and making a suspicion list.

              Now for my third suggestion, I guess I will start things off. I have explained myself and my play style several times now so now it's time for you guys to do the same so we can get a better read on you!

              JWCGATOR: where are you? why have you been flying under the radar for basically this entire game? Do you feel that the rest of the players know enough about you this game to make a judgement on you? What are some reads that you have as basically an outsider?

              TOKZIC: why have you been making so little posts? and why are the posts you do make so aggressive in tone? What are your read this game?

              RSD: where have you been, and why are you hesitant to say anything substantial? You seem to show up and then quickly leave without saying much, do you have any reads you'd like to share?

              KRAUT: how come after being relatively inactive, as soon as you show up you start targeting RP? Do you have any other suspicions/thoughts about other players too, or RP's possible teammates if you truly believe he is a wolf?

              Now that I've addressed some people individually I hope that will prompt them to post more. POST MORE GUYS!!!
              Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

              Comment

              • mellonxcollie
                Sectional Moderator
                Sectional Moderator
                • Dec 2006
                • 1304

                #742
                Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                Originally posted by Charu
                No, out of thread talking isn't allowed in this game.
                Right... we're not allowed to talk about the game. I don't think a "play twg!" facebook message constitutes talking about the game. I guess it's up to Silvuh to decide!
                Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                Comment

                • mellonxcollie
                  Sectional Moderator
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 1304

                  #743
                  Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                  Originally posted by pntballa18
                  What's up with this RiotPolice thing? A brand new player makes bad posts and uses logic that makes no sense, how is that role specific? If this was day 1 and the only thing we had to go on was how people word their posts and their shitty/not so shitty plans, I'd probably be down for a RiotPolice lynch. But this is Day 2 and we have behaviors and reactions to specific situations to make our judgements on.
                  I feel like I need to state this again. Different people have different play styles. Just because something would be suspicious for one player does not mean that it is suspicious for all players, because we need to take their individuality into account. Given that RP has never played TWG before, I do not see his posts as being as suspicious as I would if they had been posted by a different player, because I am taking his specific circumstance into account. RP is a new player. Of course he is going to mess up a few times and say weird things.

                  Do I agree that he is suspicious? Yes. Do I think that his posts are suspicious enough to warrant a bandwagon vote on him? No.

                  I do not see a problem with putting a bit of pressure on him right now though so that he can further explain what he is talking about, so I do understand the votes.
                  Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                  Comment

                  • Silvuh
                    quit
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 938

                    #744
                    Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                    5-7 Vote Requirement
                    Riotpolice (4)
                    - Xiz, BDN, Tokzic, Krauthammer
                    BDN (2) - thesunfan, T-Force
                    thesunfan (1) - pntballa18
                    pntballa18 (1) - Cedolad
                    mellonxcollie (0) - Xiz, thesunfan
                    Krauthammer (0) - Xiz
                    T-Force (0) - thesunfan
                    jwcgator (0) - Tokzic

                    Yet to Vote
                    runescapedude1126, jwcgator, Charu, mellonxcollie, Riotpolice

                    Xiz >> mellonxcollie
                    thesunfan >> mellonxcollie
                    Xiz >> Krauthammer

                    Xiz >> Riotpolice
                    thesunfan >> T-Force
                    pntballa18 >> thesunfan
                    BDN >> Riotpolice
                    thesunfan >> BDN
                    Tokzic >> jwcgator
                    cedolad >> pntballa18
                    Tokzic >> Riotpolice
                    T-Force >> BDN
                    Krauthammer >> Riotpolice

                    Activity Messages
                    Because you're not discussing the content of the game, just telling someone to post more should be okay, so I will allow it. For total neutrality, I should be the one to message people about posting more, but I don't want to bother people when they know what they're doing. If anyone else wants to bother people, go ahead.

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #745
                      Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                      Rakeo, I'm glad you have been suddenly making a lot of posts and you are now putting a lot of thought into your posts.

                      ......bbuuutttt

                      After a few of us started calling her out, don't you think she might be trying a bit too hard to look green? She has made quite the sudden change in her posts after being called out....

                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #746
                        Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                        That's a fair point, but I think with how she's playing, this doesn't look too suspicious... yet. She could be doing this because of knowing there needs to be some incentive and so is trying to have us move forward.

                        ...I'm instantly reminded of Svaz's game again, dohoho. She was, if not exactly, very similar to her posting style.


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #747
                          Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                          Xiz, I swear if you weren't older then me and ugly as shit I would say we're identical twins.
                          mellon
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • mellonxcollie
                            Sectional Moderator
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 1304

                            #748
                            Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                            So not posting is suspicious, and posting is suspicious... right. I think you guys have major tunnel-vision this game. I'd still encourage you all to judge people based on the content of their posts, not their posting habits.

                            I was being criticized for not voicing my opinions enough and trying to blend into the background. I'm trying to make an effort, I'm not sure what you want from me?
                            Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #749
                              Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                              ...Interesting...

                              Are you voting like this on purpose or something? You seem hellbent on making yourself suspicious suddenly. Why place a vote when all she was doing was giving incentive input?

                              Why do you want this suspicion? I don't understand the reasoning.


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • thesunfan
                                Role Tide
                                Sectional Moderator
                                • May 2011
                                • 10859

                                #750
                                Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                                I am judging you from the content of your posts, Martin Luther King, not the quantity of posts you make. You look like you're trying awkwardly to appear green to both Xiz (at least apparently) and myself. This fast reaction kind of assures me otherwise, though. But keep the info going.
                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                                Originally posted by XelNya
                                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                                Originally posted by star-crossed
                                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                                Comment

                                Working...