Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charu
    Snivy! Dohoho!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 6207

    #631
    Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    Charu I won't be a loon anymore I'm sorry about yesterday

    that was my fault too

    I played really badly yesterday; I was having a really hard time, but I feel like I've got that out of my system.

    I don't really know about blind atm. Can you explain a bit more there for me?
    I just think he's being careful on what he's posting. His vote yesterday kind of showcased him taking an opportunity when others were already suspecting blind (regardless if blind is saying he wasn't sheeping anyone with reasons).

    It's small still, but if he's only "vt" as he claimed last minute, then I want him out of the picture right away before the wolves can use him as a scapegoat later.


    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
    Had a very shiny nose
    And if you ever saw it
    You could even say it glows

    All of the other Snivies
    Used to laugh and call him names
    They never let poor Charu
    Join in any Snivy games

    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #632
      Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

      That's pretty much my direction at the moment until something spicy happens.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #633
        Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

        Originally posted by Charu
        suspecting blind
        suspecting FREEZIN

        Sorry, my bad.


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • Charu
          Snivy! Dohoho!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 6207

          #634
          Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

          Originally posted by the sun fan
          I mean

          I was wrong, Charu

          but I think I had something with Xel, yes.
          Also, if you don't mind. What was your case on Xel? I don't really recall you saying much regarding Xel except the "well, he COULD make this post as a wolf"


          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
          Had a very shiny nose
          And if you ever saw it
          You could even say it glows

          All of the other Snivies
          Used to laugh and call him names
          They never let poor Charu
          Join in any Snivy games

          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #635
            Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

            I'm gonna go to subway and eat a footlong cold cut
            or something else idk

            I'll be back later
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • the sun fan
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2017
              • 658

              #636
              Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

              Originally posted by Charu
              Also, if you don't mind. What was your case on Xel? I don't really recall you saying much regarding Xel except the "well, he COULD make this post as a wolf"
              his posts felt really easy to make and I didn't get the feeling that he actually cared about the game

              I was wrong
              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

              Comment

              • Xiz
                TWG Chaos
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2012
                • 3399

                #637
                Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                Obligatory death post.

                Rip. Gl all.

                Comment

                • Arielbananate7
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 6

                  #638
                  Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                  Ummm, who is Xiv?

                  Comment

                  • Arielbananate7
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 6

                    #639
                    Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                    I mean Xiz. Hello.

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #640
                      Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by Charu
                      suspecting FREEZIN

                      Sorry, my bad.
                      So, what made you confuse yourself ?

                      Comment

                      • Arielbananate7
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 6

                        #641
                        Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        little bit of backstory is required here.

                        I think ToS is incredibly dumb. I've played it and hated it. But I can forgive it; for it is simply not my cup of tea more than anything else. (the day phases being as short as they are is like... abysmal for how I like to play limited information games. I'd rather play Indian Poker than ToS any day, and that's a game for children.)

                        But like I said, I can forgive ToS for its shortcomings. What I cannot forgive about the game is its absolutely, unbelievably stupid playerbase. Like... ToS is a magnet for stupid people on the internet. I've joked before that its where forum players go to die. I've seen people vig shoot mayors. I've seen cops die on n6 and have blank wills. I feel like I've seen it all.

                        I understand that in the higher ranks, there are decent players. I know that if you play the game with nothing but your friends, you will probably honestly have a good time.

                        But playing with randoms is cancer imo, and I never use that word like that.

                        People who come from ToS, I would expect not to really be able to integrate well into forum. I would expect them to flame out after 2 hours once they realize the actual gravity behind phases being longer than 60 seconds. I would expect them to only kill people based on mechanical information, and have literally zero reads making skills. I would expect them to think that the setup is wolf-favored because of the existence of vanilla town roles.

                        But you appear to be none of that. There is some ToS-y stuff like susing the quiet players, but that's one of the skills that ******somewhat******* transfers over to forum. However, making the read that Xel and I could be mafia because we weren't talking to one another; that's like

                        actually a decent read for someone from ToS.

                        Its true in forum that scum buddies are usually bad at holding communications with one another, especially in forum. I know that its one of the flaws of my wolfgame, but that's beside the point.

                        That's why I said what I did. Its not a read I expected from someone for ToS. Its... something worth looking for in forum.

                        Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but I do want to add that I don't mean to insult you if you like ToS. You seem like a smart enough person from what little I've seen, and even if you didn't, I wouldn't group someone into a bunch like the average ToS player without something further. In short, I don't mean this as an insult to something you clearly like.
                        OK. Well it sounds like you would be surprised by my thought about you regardless of anything. So it is not out of nowhere, but it probably does not mean anything that you said that. I like playing Indian Poker with my family, so it is funny that you mention that.

                        Yes I enjoy playing town of salem with friends or even with randos. It can be annoying when people do not listen, do not leave wills, suicide and that sort of thing. But I try not to play when I am in a bad mood so it is still fun to figure things out or try to survive. I did try a couple of ranked practice matches but it seemed too easy to win as town and too hard to win as the mafia so it was not as fun. This werewolf game does seem more challenging, especially since I do not understand a lot of the lingo and jokes yet. There being more time makes it a lot harder for the mafias I think, so I understand why there are not so many roles. But without the roles it is harder to have anything to talk about. I think it is sad that we hanged a townie but since we do not have many ways to get info in the night it does not seem good not to hang anybody, especially since there is no last will for the town investigatives. It would just become harder and harder to vote up a mafia, the more we wait, unless we are lucky.

                        I am glad to know that people not talking to each other is something that the mafias do in this game too. In town of salem the mafia usually try to make a distraction if people are sussing the other mafias by sussing other people or doubting the accusations. And mafias do not really ever talk to other mafias during the day. So I will keep looking for that. Some of the other ways I try to find mafia and neutrals without role leads do not really seem to apply here so much. I will just call things as I see them.

                        People were talking about pocketing, and it seemed to have to do with this message of yours, but I do not know what that means. If it is something gross you do not need to explain it.

                        I think I am not supposed to post this now so I will save it for after the night.

                        Comment

                        • Arielbananate7
                          FFR Player
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 6

                          #642
                          Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by Charu
                          I just think he's being careful on what he's posting. His vote yesterday kind of showcased him taking an opportunity when others were already suspecting blind (regardless if blind is saying he wasn't sheeping anyone with reasons).

                          It's small still, but if he's only "vt" as he claimed last minute, then I want him out of the picture right away before the wolves can use him as a scapegoat later.
                          Huh I thought I read everything but I did not know someone claimed a thing. I will see if I can find it.

                          Comment

                          • Arielbananate7
                            FFR Player
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 6

                            #643
                            Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                            Oh, I see I missed that one at the bottom of the page. There was a lot to read.

                            Comment

                            • Arielbananate7
                              FFR Player
                              • Feb 2007
                              • 6

                              #644
                              Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                              Ah yes, DaBackpack asked after that if blind had a role. I guess that is why he said grrr and changed his vote. Does that mean, DaBackpack believed the role claim?

                              Comment

                              • blindreper1179
                                Vice President Of TGB
                                • Jun 2006
                                • 5902

                                #645
                                Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by Charu
                                Anyways, that Xel CFD was dumb.

                                thesunfan, can I please believe you in that you actually HAD something with Xel? Everyone else just seemed to go "y'know what, lets do it!"

                                And if anyone is wondering why I switched, it's because blind didn't claim, but after the death, I quickly realized he didn't claim because there's no guaranteed any of the roles are in the game.

                                I think we lynch blind, fam.
                                why does it have to go to me? I voted Xel to live, it was a do or die situation. With so many posts going on at the end, I only saw two votes on him when I voted.
                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                                Originally posted by choof
                                It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                                Originally posted by choof
                                whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                                Originally posted by Celirra
                                I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                                Comment

                                Working...