Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charu
    Snivy! Dohoho!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 6207

    #1231
    Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

    As for next game.

    Depends on when the host signups go up. We have a method in which we vote for which game would be played next (along with host) and then we join their game once they put up a separate thread.

    Bit of a long process though if we don't get many interested, so don't expect a speedy start, hahahaha.


    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
    Had a very shiny nose
    And if you ever saw it
    You could even say it glows

    All of the other Snivies
    Used to laugh and call him names
    They never let poor Charu
    Join in any Snivy games

    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

    Comment

    • ShadoWolfe
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2009
      • 171

      #1232
      Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

      Originally posted by Arielbananate7
      My statistics page says I have won 313 out of 453 casual games (which is 69% haha).
      That's a solid winrate. It's probably a result of your analytical approach to solving the game, despite shorter phases. Great job here!


      @sunfan maaan it sure would be nice if we had one of those stats sheets here.................





      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
      Originally posted by XelNya
      " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
      Originally posted by YoshL
      "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
      Originally posted by mellon_collie
      "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

      Comment

      • inDheart
        Picker @ JAX2
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2011
        • 505

        #1233
        Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

        Originally posted by the sun fan
        looks more like a lamb than a goat to me lmao
        it's all for the face

        Originally posted by Arielbananate7
        Thank you to those of you that said I did well in this game. It was confusing most of the time, but maybe it would not be as much next time. When will there be another game?

        I would also like to say, I do not think town of salem is as random and dumb as you all are saying. My statistics page says I have won 313 out of 453 casual games (which is 69% haha). When I play it I do look at what people say, as well as how and when they vote, as much as there is time for. I just do not have the time during the game to explain it all to everybody else, so that was cool to do in this werewolf game. It is a little annoying sometimes to try to meet the noobs on their level of understanding, and very annoying when people leave or suicide, but a lot of the time it is fun to play.

        I am sad that Xelicoptor was hanged, because I liked their avatar and when they were asking me about the sun fan, it really made me think. They did not seem too happy about it in the discord chat either.
        the next game will be a full game rather than a turbo, so it will have longer days. freezin is in charge of voting for which game we want to play, and he'll put that thread up tonight, he says

        ToS is a heavily information based, or "role madness" game compared to the kind we play often here

        i just find several of the roles unfun to play with. a jester, for instance, is only out to win for themselves, and several times i've played in a game with a jester, they just shout over everyone and make being part of the town really difficult. so you want to lynch them, but know you can't. don't know if it's changed but there also used to be way too many bulletproof roles, and almost all of them were anti-town, so even if you were the sheriff you'd very likely just die when someone shoots you and you don't die that night. it was really hard to play sheriff because it was worse than this game, like a baseline 20% chance you were telling the truth to other people

        last time i played it, i think putting people up on the stand was a mechanic that was easy to abuse, so all the anti-town players would keep putting townies up to run out the time

        the time aspect is also really rough, as you said, and people leaving can destroy the balance of things since they can't be replaced and the slot just dies

        i have the most fun with it when i play it with people i know. i follow 2 streamers who sometimes play ranked, as well as group games with their chat (which they stream on a long delay so you can't stream snipe), and have real life friends who like it enough to play all-any for some fun goofs

        i don't like lynching xel, but it played into my win con this time

        Comment

        • FreezinIce
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 265

          #1234
          Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

          Originally posted by blindreper1179
          make me
          *sharpens pitchfork*
          ========

          To let the world be.

          ========

          Originally posted by Charu
          Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
          Originally posted by roundbox
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
          Originally posted by Red
          My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
          Originally posted by TWG Ike
          SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

          Comment

          • Arielbananate7
            FFR Player
            • Feb 2007
            • 6

            #1235
            Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

            I actually do not like jesters except when I am mafia or SK. So I see what you mean about them. When I am the vigilante or the jailor I like to get rid of those people who are disruptive and seem like jesters first.

            I do abuse the trials when I am mafia. But when I am part of the town it makes it very obvious who is innocent (or SK) because they are voted up so fast, as well as makes it obvious who is probably mafia, because they are voting late on people who seem innocent. Which does not really convince the other town, but it does help me use my role to get leads on those people that people will be convinced by.

            Comment

            • the sun fan
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2017
              • 658

              #1236
              Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

              jesters are basically nonexistent here and on many other forums comparable to FFR

              the role itself is in the category we call "bastard," which means that the role punishes players for doing a correct thing.

              If you are town, you are incentivized to kill roles not aligned with you. jester meets this description, yet you are punished for killing them by losing a lynch that could be better placed elsewhere

              they contribute nothing to game-solving and are generally an annoying and unwelcome presence in games.

              in ToS they fit a bit better ofc, but in forum, they are not any fun really.
              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

              Comment

              Working...