TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaBackpack
    ~ お ま ん こ ~
    • Mar 2014
    • 918

    #2491
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    I requested a blue role last night and got cursed with reversed "Strength"

    Strength is a fucking tarot card

    the theme of the power roles is the Tarot


    Originally posted by Moogy
    no one cares
    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
    that's kind of a sad statistic

    Comment

    • the sun fan
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2017
      • 658

      #2492
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      dbp
      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

      Comment

      • DaBackpack
        ~ お ま ん こ ~
        • Mar 2014
        • 918

        #2493
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        Reversed Wheel of Fortune, Reversed Strength, and Haku+Raeko's Fortune Teller

        I was a dumbass and didn't parse that "Strength" was referring to the Tarot deck


        Originally posted by Moogy
        no one cares
        Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
        there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
        that's kind of a sad statistic

        Comment

        • DaBackpack
          ~ お ま ん こ ~
          • Mar 2014
          • 918

          #2494
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          I'll just spill it straight with the facts and then my interpretations

          I have reversed Strength, which means that if I "tame the lion within", my existence causes something to happen in the next night phase

          (Not going to say it unless absolutely necessary because me saying what that "something" is negates its utility)

          It just kind of hit me that this is the Strength tarot card, the one with the lady and the lion on the front of it

          I don't really know how to activate my condition, but assuming it's a curse, that means that something negative has happened to me


          Originally posted by Moogy
          no one cares
          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
          that's kind of a sad statistic

          Comment

          • DaBackpack
            ~ お ま ん こ ~
            • Mar 2014
            • 918

            #2495
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            @Freezin fuck you for picking a tarot card with such a generic name, wheel of fortune is way better a flavor to pick


            Originally posted by Moogy
            no one cares
            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
            that's kind of a sad statistic

            Comment

            • inDheart
              Picker @ JAX2
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2011
              • 505

              #2496
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

              fuck

              Comment

              • DaBackpack
                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                • Mar 2014
                • 918

                #2497
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                does anybody know tarot and can tell me what reversed strength means? I have some google searches but all I have are guesses atm


                Originally posted by Moogy
                no one cares
                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                that's kind of a sad statistic

                Comment

                • inDheart
                  Picker @ JAX2
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 505

                  #2498
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  i also requested a role and got a major arcanum

                  i hate this

                  Comment

                  • inDheart
                    Picker @ JAX2
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 505

                    #2499
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    "The kind of strength this card speaks of is less about toughness, less about force or power, and more about patience, endurance, surviving adversity, and finding inner peace. We must learn to trust the process, we must now begin to thrive, not merely survive."

                    "Upright: Strength, courage, persuasion, influence, compassion

                    Reversed: Inner strength, self-doubt, low energy, raw emotion."

                    Comment

                    • Charu
                      Snivy! Dohoho!
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 6207

                      #2500
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      A host saying your red mean... well... a host saying your red.

                      I don't know what this tarrot card business has to do with that, but this is still taking your word in faith.

                      I don't know about you, I trust what a host says rather than what a player says.

                      If you're not a wolf, then something really fucky happened and neither you, or anyone else, can say the red claim by the host is some form of fabrication.


                      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                      Had a very shiny nose
                      And if you ever saw it
                      You could even say it glows

                      All of the other Snivies
                      Used to laugh and call him names
                      They never let poor Charu
                      Join in any Snivy games

                      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                      Comment

                      • roundbox
                        fhqwhgads
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 2086

                        #2501
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        we persona now
                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                        Comment

                        • roundbox
                          fhqwhgads
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 2086

                          #2502
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          There's no way Lar could just be pushing me again because it's his default push to make in any game right?? Rather than try and look for wolves which would require thought and effort, Lar defaults to pushing me for "not being a good player" or "not doing enough work"

                          Let's consider the following examples:

















                          I realize now that I didn't end up having a lot of time today so I kinda regret spending so much time on this post yesterday when I did have time but I was starting to get very annoyed by Lar continuing to push me after the reveal about DBP

                          suck on this ya dirty wolf get a new strategy

                          If you're town you wasted a bunch of time on another T/T with me so like let's not do that

                          But to me it seems just too wolfy and like you're trying to protect DBP/shift the topic away from him
                          this post is comedy gold btw
                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #2503
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            Originally posted by roundbox
                            we persona now
                            No clue, something something tarrot card something something.

                            Also apparently purple is being assumed to be an ITA, which is hilarious if that's what's going on.


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • DaBackpack
                              ~ お ま ん こ ~
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 918

                              #2504
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by Charu
                              A host saying your red mean... well... a host saying your red.

                              I don't know what this tarrot card business has to do with that, but this is still taking your word in faith.

                              I don't know about you, I trust what a host says rather than what a player says.

                              If you're not a wolf, then something really fucky happened and neither you, or anyone else, can say the red claim by the host is some form of fabrication.
                              I know it's wrong so it's my job to deduce exactly what happened


                              Originally posted by Moogy
                              no one cares
                              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                              that's kind of a sad statistic

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #2505
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                The Strength Tarot card challenges our typical notions of power and "strength" as it depicts a fair maiden gently taming a wild beast. Instead of working


                                "Wisdom, right use of power and fearlessness are all themes of Strength. The lion in this card represents the beast within us, our dark and wild side. If we fear, reject and try to control this part of ourselves with brute force and violent suppression, it can become unruly and threaten to destroy us."

                                oh my god am I a miller?


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...