TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kyoko Kirigiri
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2018
    • 10

    #706
    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
    Can you provide original content or is everything you say a rehash of what someone else says/an announcement of game mechanics. Yes I think the regular kill was blocked.
    So you said. But there is value to that kind of analysis. The issue is this:

    Originally posted by Leon Kuwata
    You must be on some hard drugs to think that me as a wolf would submit myself doing the kill again knowing that Chihiro was blocking me

    common_sense.jpg
    There's not a compelling reason to believe that the regular kill was blocked (this doesn't exonerate Leon, but it does seem to be the most important element of your case against them). Realize that I would have voted for you already if your worldbuilding didn't match your vote...but it does.

    And if I'm generous and assume your ID reads are correct and that others have come to the same conclusions, then, yes, the death of identifiable players seems more likely to be deliberate than a product of chance. But Chihiro announced their Leon block yesterday, and has been suspicious of Leon basically the entire game. It would make little sense for the wolves to proceed forward in that manner. That doesn't mean they didn't, and Leon can mechanically be a wolf regardless of last night's player action breakdown, but it feels like your reading of last night is determined by your view of Leon, and not the other way around.

    Comment

    • Kyoko Kirigiri
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2018
      • 10

      #707
      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

      Preface to hopefully keep the post from being removed.

      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
      Can you provide original content or is everything you say a rehash of what someone else says/an announcement of game mechanics. Yes I think the regular kill was blocked.
      So you said. But there is value to that kind of analysis. The issue is this:

      Originally posted by Leon Kuwata
      You must be on some hard drugs to think that me as a wolf would submit myself doing the kill again knowing that Chihiro was blocking me

      common_sense.jpg
      There's not a compelling reason to believe that the regular kill was blocked (this doesn't exonerate Leon, but it does seem to be the most important element of your case against them). Realize that I would have voted for you already if your worldbuilding didn't match your vote...but it does.

      And if I'm generous and assume your ID reads are correct and that others have come to the same conclusions, then, yes, the death of identifiable players seems more likely to be deliberate than a product of chance. But Chihiro announced their Leon block yesterday, and has been suspicious of Leon basically the entire game. It would make little sense for the wolves to proceed forward in that manner. That doesn't mean they didn't, and Leon can mechanically be a wolf regardless of last night's player action breakdown, but it feels like your reading of last night is determined by your view of Leon, and not the other way around.

      Comment

      • Kyoko Kirigiri
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2018
        • 10

        #708
        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

        Wait a minute...

        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
        Uhhhh because it was like too obvious who celestia was??
        I didn't say anything yesterday but they were probably the only person in the game that I could confidently identify, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
        Emphasis here is: "they were probably the only person in the game that I could confidently identify."

        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
        I only know the identities of maybe four people in this game, and taka was one of them (as well as Celestia). I'm assuming (and feel free to call me out on it if you disagree) that the identity wolf can also guess the identities of these players, if I can. I'm not great at the whole "who's who" game and generally don't bother trying. Which means the people I do know are being somewhat obvious about it. Which means the identity wolf also knows them. Which means I'm suss of everyone I think I know until they die, because why not.
        "I only know the identities of maybe four people in this game, and taka was one of them (as well as Celestia)."

        That's a BIG change, and one that conveniently suits your current narrative.

        Mondo Owada

        Comment

        • Byakuya Togami
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2018
          • 2

          #709
          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

          I've been asleep for most of the day these past couple days. I've kept up with the thread, but I didn't have the energy to post and engage.

          I'm going to iso Leon and see what all the fuss is about.

          Comment

          • Byakuya Togami
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2018
            • 2

            #710
            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

            Kyoko, why would a wolf announce that they knew other people's identities?

            Comment

            • Kyoko Kirigiri
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2018
              • 10

              #711
              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

              Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
              Kyoko, why would a wolf announce that they knew other people's identities?
              Why wouldn't they? I'd assume everyone is trying to figure out who everyone else is, and announcing that doesn't make someone more or less likely to be a wolf. Even identifying the accounts suspected could influence the game state, but someone saying "I think I know who some people are" doesn't really move the scales.

              My issue is that Mondo's claim changed substantially to fit his current narrative. This isn't a "I suspected X, and now I don't" sort of scenario: the original ID claim was a hard announcement in the service of his then-narrative. When it became beneficial for him to build an ID case so as to support his worldbuilding, his ID claim changed. He asked to be called out on it--well, I'm calling him out on it.

              Comment

              • Byakuya Togami
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2018
                • 2

                #712
                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                Leon, now that Toko's dead, do you have any other wolf reads?

                Comment

                • Chihiro Fujisaki
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2018
                  • 3

                  #713
                  Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                  Originally posted by Kyoko Kirigiri
                  Wait a minute...

                  That's a BIG change, and one that conveniently suits your current narrative.

                  Mondo Owada
                  ...lel
                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  **** chihiro has balls
                  Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                  Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                  what's happening

                  Comment

                  • Chihiro Fujisaki
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2018
                    • 3

                    #714
                    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                    Yes Kyoko, it's so inconsistent to go from "confidently knowing" one identity by the end of D0 to "maybe knowing" 4 including dead players on D2...
                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    **** chihiro has balls
                    Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                    Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                    what's happening

                    Comment

                    • Chihiro Fujisaki
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2018
                      • 3

                      #715
                      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                      Also I've definitely had a guess for who Kiyotaka was since D0...I'm looking forward to finding out if I was right...
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      **** chihiro has balls
                      Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                      Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                      what's happening

                      Comment

                      • Kyoko Kirigiri
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2018
                        • 10

                        #716
                        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                        Originally posted by Chihiro Fujisaki
                        Yes Kyoko, it's so inconsistent to go from "confidently knowing" one identity by the end of D0 to "maybe knowing" 4 including dead players on D2...
                        That's intellectually dishonest. Mondo's premise was based on the certainty of his Taka read. Read the whole passage, particularly the ending...

                        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                        the identity wolf can also guess the identities of these players, if I can. I'm not great at the whole "who's who" game and generally don't bother trying. Which means the people I do know are being somewhat obvious about it. Which means the identity wolf also knows them.
                        Mondo's narrative changed to suit the events of the night, including your announced block of Leon. The scenario he laid out isn't impossible by any means, but his IDs changed dramatically because it fit his circumstances.

                        Comment

                        • Byakuya Togami
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2018
                          • 2

                          #717
                          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                          Like Chihiro, I think Mondo's posts are still consistent. Even if they weren't, I wouldn't find the inconsistencies incriminating

                          Comment

                          • Byakuya Togami
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2018
                            • 2

                            #718
                            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                            Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                            what's happening

                            Also, Leon's still null to me. Nothing he's done stood out. Could someone please give me the cliffnotes of the case on Leon?

                            Comment

                            • Chihiro Fujisaki
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2018
                              • 3

                              #719
                              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                              I think you're wrong...Nothing wrong with you pressing him about it anyway...but something IS wrong with talking about your interpretation of it like it's 100% fact and not discussing anything else...
                              Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                              **** chihiro has balls
                              Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                              Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                              what's happening

                              Comment

                              • Chihiro Fujisaki
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2018
                                • 3

                                #720
                                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                                Well..

                                Originally posted by Leon Kuwata
                                Aoi is the easiest mislynch let's get her
                                Originally posted by Leon Kuwata
                                obviously joking here but fr I feel like it's too easy of a thing to latch on to
                                1/5 needs more effort
                                I didn't like these posts. They got negative attention from a few others as well...but he got no traction as a vote from wolves looking for easy prey. To add to this point, the only person that ever voted him besides me yesterday is now saying that it was a reasonless placeholder vote...

                                Originally posted by Sayaka Maizono
                                I don't agree with this post by Celestia though. This post was directed at Aoi and started a bit of a suspicion train on her.

                                Some people can find Anon games to be harder than games where identities are known. This is just a fact for some people. I do not find it to be reliable info for finding a wolf since it's not really alignment indicative.

                                Togami, Mondo, AND Ishimaru also agreed that it was weird. Come on guys

                                Fukawa called people out for being silly about this. I like that look. Junko also defended Aoi.

                                Leon came to her defense as well calling reasoning against her flimsy. They also hate Leon so, I like them for now.
                                Defense of Leon seems a bit forced compared to the defenses of Aoi and Toko. You also have a rule of 3 with Aoi defenders (two dead non-mafia + Leon).

                                Originally posted by Leon Kuwata
                                I've been practicing my musical hobby so I've been away from the action. My activity will waver up and down because my availability is wonky. This will be cured soon.
                                I agree with content wolves as posted earlier
                                Makes a point of agreeing with "content wolves" but doesn't vote to try to make another wagon besides Aoi more possible. Just seems like lip service

                                His analysis is pretty good at times admittedly but lacks some bite...like.......one of his two main points against Toko was apparently that her asking about hedgehog suicides was supposedly super wolfy...

                                Since from his point of view the wolves are getting stopped by failed identity guesses, him pushing a lurksack makes some sense...but I'm not sure why he picked that one...
                                Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                                **** chihiro has balls
                                Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                                Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                                what's happening

                                Comment

                                Working...