TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mondo Owada
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2018
    • 0

    #871
    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

    Switch role block leads to one fewer kill this night. kyoko

    Comment

    • Mondo Owada
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2018
      • 0

      #872
      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

      Paging makoto to the twg area
      Please play twg.

      Comment

      • Makoto Naegi
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2018
        • 0

        #873
        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
        Possibilities: Lucio did get acqui'd, wolves targeted Lucio, identity wolf either ran out of targets/was blocked. Only one kill is just ??? to me. At this point I would expect Chihiro to have been acqui'd. I think Leon is just too likely to be maf to pass on today. I think I have to trust that Byakuya and Makoto are town as well. There are only three maf so I think we've still got one more mislynch (8 players are alive today).

        Oh ya if the acqui can be roleblocked maybe Leon is just the acqui and keeps being stuck as leon. Just spitballing here.
        Leon
        Why are you town reading me when I'm playing like garbage

        Comment

        • Makoto Naegi
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2018
          • 0

          #874
          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

          Originally posted by Mondo Owada
          Paging makoto to the twg area
          Please play twg.
          It's hard

          Irl stuff getting in the way.

          Comment

          • Kyoko Kirigiri
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2018
            • 10

            #875
            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

            Originally posted by Mondo Owada
            Switch role block leads to one fewer kill this night. kyoko
            This is why I harp so much on mechanics. The events of the night don't fully exonerate me, but putting actual thought into the results leads to a whole host of possibilities.

            There was one, and only one death last night--Yasuhiro's. There are only three ways a player can die at night in this game: factional nightkill, identification nightkill, or acquisition. Therefore, Yasuhiro was either the Acquisitioner moving on to a new host, was targeted by the wolves, or both.

            In the chaos at the end of the day, Yasuhiro hard claimed doctor.

            Originally posted by Yasuhiro Hagakure
            Fuck you gusy. Hard claming doctor. Fuck off of me
            This is relevant because it made Yasu an obvious target for the wolves at night. It doesn't seem coincidental that probably the most potent town role remaining died immediately after claiming—but it's possible. As much as it would work to my advantage to suggest that Yasu probably wasn't the Acqui, I can't do that. Because the more I think about it, the more I think they were.

            There are several reasons to think otherwise. The general consensus seems to be that the Acquisitioner would avoid active players--this makes sense, as activity draws suspicion and lynchability, while also potentially drawing nighttime violence from the wolves. And perhaps most importantly, the more active a player has been (and thus has more content to parse), the greater the risk of being detected as a fraud. It would also be a hell of a coincidence for the most obvious wolf target to have been the Acquisitioner at the exact same time, albeit not impossible.

            The possibility of Yasu having been the Acqui is, however, somewhat supported by EoD/night--the sudden lack of punctuation pointed out at EoD was real, although Junko (the only known Acqui) used punctuation more frequently than that (although not all the time). More telling is simply the results of the night. With the Divist dead, and the Acqui incentivized to mow through the player pool, it seems likely that Yasu was the then-Acqui by virtue of being the only death. Otherwise, we have to assume that the Acqui either chose not to acquire a new account last night, or somehow failed to do so despite the Divist being gone (presumably by trying to acquire Yasu for today, which seems...stupid, even without the benefit of hindsight).

            Whether or not Yasu was the Acqui, then there are only two ways Yasu could have been attacked/died from wolf action: factional kill and ID kill. Your premise is that since there was one less kill, the block had to have been successful. The thing is, if Yasu was targeted by the wolves, it was almost certainly via factional kill.

            You yourself provided several players that you believe you had identified:

            Originally posted by Mondo Owada
            I'm 100% sure I know who celestia was. No doubt about it. I MAYBE know the identities of four players; namely, celestia, leon, taka, and byakuya, in that order of certainty.
            Not listed here was Yasu, which would suggest that, in a general way at least, their actual identity is harder to determine. Byakuya seems to think Byakuya's identifiability is limited

            Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
            I'm also wary of Mondo because I might have an idea of who he is (I'm not expecting a lot of people to correctly guess my identity, and he has an idea of who I am), and I don't think town Mondo would tunnel Aoi so much.
            so it seems a stretch to apply an ID kill to Yasu, someone even more comparatively obscured. This is even more the case since Yasu has now flipped as doctor. The wolves would want to guarantee a nightkill of a town power role, and would be unable to do so with the specter of misidentification.

            Basically, the only reasonable outlet for Yasu, claimed doctor, being targeted by wolves last night was via a normal wolfkill. Which, of course, is inconsistent with the possibility of blocking me having prevented that kill, since Yasu is dead.

            Now the obvious counterpoint is that the wolves could have targeted someone else, most likely Chihiro due to their claim. After all, if Yasu was the Acqui, and 'Norted someone else last night, that would account for Yasu's death. But if Yasu didn't self-protect (the OP doesn't say if the doctor had that ability as far as I can tell, but it doesn't really matter), then Yasu could have protected Chihiro, making them immune to a nightkill. Of course, the question remains whether evil-Yasu would have wanted to do that.

            So I see three basic ways the night could have played out.

            1. In order to eliminate the doctor, the wolves chose Yasu for their factional nightkill. However Yasu-Nort probably chose bulletproof as one of their bonus traits, and transferred to another person. Yasu died, essentially killed two ways for the price of one.

            2. In order to eliminate the blocker, the wolves chose Chihiro for their factional nightkill. This was prevented by doctor protection, but Yasu still died due to moving onto their next account. This seems less likely, because there's not an absolute incentive for Yasu-Nort to protect town.

            3. Yasu was not acquired, and was an uncorrupted town player who was killed by the wolves, presumably by normal NK for the reasons stated above. This seems the least likely of the three, because it leaves the actions of the Acqui unaccounted for.

            Obviously, there's a scenario where I was blocked and that's why there was only one death. But given the way the day ended, if I was a wolf, I would never chosen to be the one to deliver the night kill. Given that it seems likely that Yasu was the Acquisitioner, scenario 1 makes sense to me--the wolves wanted to kill the doc, and wound up with an empty husk instead.

            Comment

            • Kyoko Kirigiri
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2018
              • 10

              #876
              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

              Holy shit, stop eating my posts. Have some (a lot of) words.

              Originally posted by Mondo Owada
              Switch role block leads to one fewer kill this night. kyoko
              This is why I harp so much on mechanics. The events of the night don't fully exonerate me, but putting actual thought into the results leads to a whole host of possibilities.

              There was one, and only one death last night--Yasuhiro's. There are only three ways a player can die at night in this game: factional nightkill, identification nightkill, or acquisition. Therefore, Yasuhiro was either the Acquisitioner moving on to a new host, was targeted by the wolves, or both.

              In the chaos at the end of the day, Yasuhiro hard claimed doctor.

              Originally posted by Yasuhiro Hagakure
              Fuck you gusy. Hard claming doctor. Fuck off of me
              This is relevant because it made Yasu an obvious target for the wolves at night. It doesn't seem coincidental that probably the most potent town role remaining died immediately after claiming—but it's possible. As much as it would work to my advantage to suggest that Yasu probably wasn't the Acqui, I can't do that. Because the more I think about it, the more I think they were.

              There are several reasons to think otherwise. The general consensus seems to be that the Acquisitioner would avoid active players--this makes sense, as activity draws suspicion and lynchability, while also potentially drawing nighttime violence from the wolves. And perhaps most importantly, the more active a player has been (and thus has more content to parse), the greater the risk of being detected as a fraud. It would also be a hell of a coincidence for the most obvious wolf target to have been the Acquisitioner at the exact same time, albeit not impossible.

              The possibility of Yasu having been the Acqui is, however, somewhat supported by EoD/night--the sudden lack of punctuation pointed out at EoD was real, although Junko (the only known Acqui) used punctuation more frequently than that (although not all the time). More telling is simply the results of the night. With the Divist dead, and the Acqui incentivized to mow through the player pool, it seems likely that Yasu was the then-Acqui by virtue of being the only death. Otherwise, we have to assume that the Acqui either chose not to acquire a new account last night, or somehow failed to do so despite the Divist being gone (presumably by trying to acquire Yasu for today, which seems...stupid, even without the benefit of hindsight).

              Whether or not Yasu was the Acqui, then there are only two ways Yasu could have been attacked/died from wolf action: factional kill and ID kill. Your premise is that since there was one less kill, the block had to have been successful. The thing is, if Yasu was targeted by the wolves, it was almost certainly via factional kill.

              You yourself provided several players that you believe you had identified:

              Originally posted by Mondo Owada
              I'm 100% sure I know who celestia was. No doubt about it. I MAYBE know the identities of four players; namely, celestia, leon, taka, and byakuya, in that order of certainty.
              Not listed here was Yasu, which would suggest that, in a general way at least, their actual identity is harder to determine. Byakuya seems to think Byakuya's identifiability is limited

              Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
              I'm also wary of Mondo because I might have an idea of who he is (I'm not expecting a lot of people to correctly guess my identity, and he has an idea of who I am), and I don't think town Mondo would tunnel Aoi so much.
              so it seems a stretch to apply an ID kill to Yasu, someone even more comparatively obscured. This is even more the case since Yasu has now flipped as doctor. The wolves would want to guarantee a nightkill of a town power role, and would be unable to do so with the specter of misidentification.

              Basically, the only reasonable outlet for Yasu, claimed doctor, being targeted by wolves last night was via a normal wolfkill. Which, of course, is inconsistent with the possibility of blocking me having prevented that kill, since Yasu is dead.

              Now the obvious counterpoint is that the wolves could have targeted someone else, most likely Chihiro due to their claim. After all, if Yasu was the Acqui, and 'Norted someone else last night, that would account for Yasu's death. But if Yasu didn't self-protect (the OP doesn't say if the doctor had that ability as far as I can tell, but it doesn't really matter), then Yasu could have protected Chihiro, making them immune to a nightkill. Of course, the question remains whether evil-Yasu would have wanted to do that.

              So I see three basic ways the night could have played out.

              1. In order to eliminate the doctor, the wolves chose Yasu for their factional nightkill. However Yasu-Nort probably chose bulletproof as one of their bonus traits, and transferred to another person. Yasu died, essentially killed two ways for the price of one.

              2. In order to eliminate the blocker, the wolves chose Chihiro for their factional nightkill. This was prevented by doctor protection, but Yasu still died due to moving onto their next account. This seems less likely, because there's not an absolute incentive for Yasu-Nort to protect town.

              3. Yasu was not acquired, and was an uncorrupted town player who was killed by the wolves, presumably by normal NK for the reasons stated above. This seems the least likely of the three, because it leaves the actions of the Acqui unaccounted for.

              Obviously, there's a scenario where I was blocked and that's why there was only one death. But given the way the day ended, if I was a wolf, I would never chosen to be the one to deliver the night kill. Given that it seems likely that Yasu was the Acquisitioner, scenario 1 makes sense to me--the wolves wanted to kill the doc, and wound up with an empty husk instead.

              Comment

              • Kyoko Kirigiri
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2018
                • 10

                #877
                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                Not checking the thread. As I predicted, cfd, and it ended up in a villa dying. I know it's a common thing here but can we please stop with the last minute vote changing. It's anti-town.
                Is there a reason you need to know where I was or are you just trying to point fingers?
                This is kind of a weak excuse though. Even if you predicted cfd, if you wanted to avoid that outcome, you could have argued against what was happening.

                Comment

                • Kyoko Kirigiri
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2018
                  • 10

                  #878
                  Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                  Originally posted by Chihiro Fujisaki
                  I blocked Kyoko...thought her argument that she would be too afraid to push an active player as mafia was pretty stupid, and so was the refusal to move off of Mondo until she was a lynch candidate... or at least if you're going to do that... maybe actually try to talk to Byakuya into voting with you when he mentions being suspicious of Mondo's behavior... if you're actually invested in it.

                  Not ignoring the possibility that she put the doctor in kitb on purpose either...

                  My points against Mondo still stand. His later explanation was better, but he's still the best vote at this point in my estimation. I'll make a longer case in a minute.

                  Mondo


                  As to your comments above, they don't make sense. I was too afraid to push an active player...so I pushed active player Mondo all day? As to what happened at the end, allow me to clarify--and why your complaint makes no sense, regardless of what happened.

                  1. A wagon suddenly formed against me, late.

                  2. I know my own alignment--I'm town. It was therefore against my interest--which is to say the town's interest--to allow myself to be lynched without trying to avoid it. I didn't know Hifuni's alignment, which meant that even though they turned out to be town, it was less likely to me than my own town status. Hifuni, moreover, had been extremely inactive--even setting aside the somewhat suspicious timing of his few posts, he couldn't be counted on to do anything at any point, and thus his ability to contribute was limited.

                  3. So I voted for the least harmful alternative of other possible wagons.

                  4. Then things went to hell. Leon posted his observation about Yasu's punctuation very close to the deadline. I saw that (and the multiple votes on Yasu) as soon as I made my initial Hifuni vote. I didn't have time to check Yasu's posts myself, but given that someone else besides Leon--specifically you--

                  Originally posted by Chihiro Fujisaki
                  Yasuhiro
                  jumped on it, I assumed that the observation was legitimate. After all, I assumed then and now that based on your claim that you're town, and thus were at least acting in good faith. In a sudden time crunch, I immediately voted Yasu.

                  5. At that point, I saw the doctor claim, made in response to the sudden Yasu wagon, and I tried to leap off, but :00 came before I could.

                  N.B.: Ironically, I'm now convinced that Yasu was in fact that correct option in that split--since they were the only player killed last night, it stands to reason that Yasu was Junko's latest incarnation. If Yasu wasn't the Acqui, then your block on me has no probative value at all, since that would require Yasu to unquestionably have been killed by the wolves, and them doing so via an ID kill makes no sense.

                  Comment

                  • Byakuya Togami
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2018
                    • 2

                    #879
                    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                    unvote I want to read the longer case on Mondo

                    Comment

                    • Chihiro Fujisaki
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2018
                      • 3

                      #880
                      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                      Well first things first I didn't say you were pushing an inactive. I was saying this post I quoted was a bad defense. You didn't argue anything new to try to get people to vote with you on Mondo after giving one questionable interpretation of one of his posts... I voted you to force you to actually affect the lynch outcome or die... In addition to my suspicions.

                      Originally posted by Kyoko Kirigiri
                      If I weren't invested in the outcome, I wouldn't have bothered sticking my neck out to vote Mondo in the first place. I'd have set a nice, easy vote on an inactive player that couldn't fight back. Of course, I'm going to have to change my vote now, since me dying does nothing to help us.
                      But...I think you're right that Yasuhiro as acquisitionee stacked with the mafia regular kill is the simplest explanation...it is still possible I blocked your attempt to stack on him... but...Unvote
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      **** chihiro has balls
                      Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                      Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                      what's happening

                      Comment

                      • Mondo Owada
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2018
                        • 0

                        #881
                        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                        Kyoko spouting lots of wine.

                        Comment

                        • Mondo Owada
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2018
                          • 0

                          #882
                          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                          If kyoko isn't a wolf Leon definitely is, though.

                          Comment

                          • Leon Kuwata
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2018
                            • 0

                            #883
                            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                            Originally posted by Chihiro Fujisaki
                            But...I think you're right that Yasuhiro as acquisitionee stacked with the mafia regular kill is the simplest explanation...it is still possible I blocked your attempt to stack on him... but...Unvote
                            agreed

                            you guys should have stuck with my period read lmao

                            Comment

                            • Leon Kuwata
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2018
                              • 0

                              #884
                              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                              Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                              Possibilities: Lucio did get acqui'd, wolves targeted Lucio, identity wolf either ran out of targets/was blocked. Only one kill is just ??? to me. At this point I would expect Chihiro to have been acqui'd. I think Leon is just too likely to be maf to pass on today. I think I have to trust that Byakuya and Makoto are town as well. There are only three maf so I think we've still got one more mislynch (8 players are alive today).

                              Oh ya if the acqui can be roleblocked maybe Leon is just the acqui and keeps being stuck as leon. Just spitballing here.
                              Leon
                              "I have to trust that Byakuya and Makoto are town as well"

                              "maybe Leon is just the acqui"

                              you're throwing shit on the walls and hoping something sticks.

                              what are your actual opinions?

                              Comment

                              • Mondo Owada
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2018
                                • 0

                                #885
                                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                                Originally posted by Leon Kuwata
                                "I have to trust that Byakuya and Makoto are town as well"

                                "maybe Leon is just the acqui"

                                you're throwing shit on the walls and hoping something sticks.

                                what are your actual opinions?
                                I don't think you or kyoko are partners but one of you is maf. I'm almost certain about that. Beyond that I'm just trying to form a PoE but it's not easy.

                                Comment

                                Working...