TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kyoko Kirigiri
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2018
    • 10

    #691
    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
    Also, I think Taka was the Identity wolf kill.
    Vote: leon
    This is weird to me. And not necessarily even in an alignment-indicative way, just strange. Why is Mondo assuming an Identity Wolf kill? That requires a correct identification guess, which is much more challenging than either other possibility. A regular wolf kill would only require avoiding doctor/blocker, whereas the IW kill would require the same avoidance + identity guessing. And if I'm understanding the Acquisitioner mechanics correctly, they have to give up their previous account. So it would stand to reason that one kill was a normal wolf kill, and the other was an Acquisition.

    Comment

    • Kyoko Kirigiri
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2018
      • 10

      #692
      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

      This preface is just to repost this, since the original post was caught in the filter.

      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
      Also, I think Taka was the Identity wolf kill.
      Vote: leon
      This is weird to me. And not necessarily even in an alignment-indicative way, just strange. Why is Mondo assuming an Identity Wolf kill? That requires a correct identification guess, which is much more challenging than either other possibility. A regular wolf kill would only require avoiding doctor/blocker, whereas the IW kill would require the same avoidance + identity guessing. And if I'm understanding the Acquisitioner mechanics correctly, they have to give up their previous account. So it would stand to reason that one kill was a normal wolf kill, and the other was an Acquisition.

      Comment

      • Kyoko Kirigiri
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2018
        • 10

        #693
        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

        Unless I'm misunderstanding that "wrong way" thing, and he interpreted it as first as meaning there was no Acquisition. Which actually seems like a more likely reading now that I think about it.

        Comment

        • Mondo Owada
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2018
          • 0

          #694
          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

          Originally posted by Kyoko Kirigiri
          This preface is just to repost this, since the original post was caught in the filter.



          This is weird to me. And not necessarily even in an alignment-indicative way, just strange. Why is Mondo assuming an Identity Wolf kill? That requires a correct identification guess, which is much more challenging than either other possibility. A regular wolf kill would only require avoiding doctor/blocker, whereas the IW kill would require the same avoidance + identity guessing. And if I'm understanding the Acquisitioner mechanics correctly, they have to give up their previous account. So it would stand to reason that one kill was a normal wolf kill, and the other was an Acquisition.
          I only know the identities of maybe four people in this game, and taka was one of them (as well as Celestia). I'm assuming (and feel free to call me out on it if you disagree) that the identity wolf can also guess the identities of these players, if I can. I'm not great at the whole "who's who" game and generally don't bother trying. Which means the people I do know are being somewhat obvious about it. Which means the identity wolf also knows them. Which means I'm suss of everyone I think I know until they die, because why not.

          Comment

          • Kyoko Kirigiri
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2018
            • 10

            #695
            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

            Originally posted by Mondo Owada
            I only know the identities of maybe four people in this game, and taka was one of them (as well as Celestia). I'm assuming (and feel free to call me out on it if you disagree) that the identity wolf can also guess the identities of these players, if I can. I'm not great at the whole "who's who" game and generally don't bother trying. Which means the people I do know are being somewhat obvious about it. Which means the identity wolf also knows them. Which means I'm suss of everyone I think I know until they die, because why not.
            Honestly, that makes less sense to me than what I thought you meant in that second post--that you misread or misunderstood the Acqui, and had assumed that the flip meant both kills had to be wolves (technically, this could still be the case I think, but it seems unlikely). The way I see it is that an identity kill is objectively more difficult than a regular wolf kill--it's equally subject to being stopped by rolepower, but has the additional requirement of player identification. And there's no obvious reason to think the Acqui didn't steal someone's account.

            Basically, wolfkill + acqui seems more likely than wolfkill + ID kill or acqui + ID kill. But like I said, it's not really alignment indicative either way; it just seems a relatively unlikely outcome. It does, however, sync with your vote--since Chihiro has blocked Leon twice, that might mean the regular kill was blocked and ID kills occurred instead. An alternative possibility as suggested above would be that the Acquisitioner failed to jump accounts last night, but I at least like that your vote matches your theory.

            Comment

            • Mondo Owada
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2018
              • 0

              #696
              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

              Can you provide original content or is everything you say a rehash of what someone else says/an announcement of game mechanics. Yes I think the regular kill was blocked.

              Comment

              • Leon Kuwata
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2018
                • 0

                #697
                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                Can you provide original content or is everything you say a rehash of what someone else says/an announcement of game mechanics. Yes I think the regular kill was blocked.
                You must be on some hard drugs to think that me as a wolf would submit myself doing the kill again knowing that Chihiro was blocking me

                common_sense.jpg

                Comment

                • Leon Kuwata
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2018
                  • 0

                  #698
                  Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                  This game is increasingly disappointing and we're just spinning our tires in the mud
                  My shit vote on Hagakure is really going places

                  Comment

                  • Leon Kuwata
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2018
                    • 0

                    #699
                    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                    We've lynched the seer two games in a row now, I think town can handle winning without them alive

                    Comment

                    • Chihiro Fujisaki
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2018
                      • 3

                      #700
                      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                      Originally posted by Leon Kuwata
                      My shit vote on Hagakure is really going places
                      Until he or Sakura post they're both wasted votes. Just let them modkill themselves...
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      **** chihiro has balls
                      Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                      Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                      what's happening

                      Comment

                      • Chihiro Fujisaki
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2018
                        • 3

                        #701
                        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                        So...the majority of you have no connections with Sayaka and have done very little to solve or influence the game...

                        I've decided to change my strategy to vote for someone I think has potential as both a wolf and acquisitioner... I choose you, Makoto Naegi!... Kyoko is a close second choice...
                        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                        **** chihiro has balls
                        Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                        Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                        what's happening

                        Comment

                        • Mondo Owada
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2018
                          • 0

                          #702
                          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                          Makoto is likely to be acqui in my mind but I don't really see a case on him as maf. Care to elaborate or nah.

                          Comment

                          • Leon Kuwata
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2018
                            • 0

                            #703
                            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                            I thought there'd be something when I came back
                            Looks like I have to be the change I want to see

                            Comment

                            • Chihiro Fujisaki
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2018
                              • 3

                              #704
                              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                              Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                              Makoto is likely to be acqui in my mind but I don't really see a case on him as maf. Care to elaborate or nah.
                              He railed on you for suggesting that the normal wolf kill was blocked...and then after my claim was keen to go with the "simplest explanation" that Leon was a wolf who was blocked...it's potentially opportunistic...unless Leon flips wolf...then I would like Makoto...

                              I didn't like his "breaking news" that it's bad to lock clear anyone either...but other than that... it's more a lack of good things...than that anything stands out as bad...
                              Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                              **** chihiro has balls
                              Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                              Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                              what's happening

                              Comment

                              • Kyoko Kirigiri
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2018
                                • 10

                                #705
                                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                                Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                                Can you provide original content or is everything you say a rehash of what someone else says/an announcement of game mechanics. Yes I think the regular kill was blocked.
                                So you said. But there is value to that kind of analysis. The issue is this:

                                Originally posted by Leon Kuwata
                                You must be on some hard drugs to think that me as a wolf would submit myself doing the kill again knowing that Chihiro was blocking me

                                common_sense.jpg
                                There's not a compelling reason to believe that the regular kill was blocked (this doesn't exonerate Leon, but it does seem to be the most important element of your case against them). Realize that I would have voted for you already if your worldbuilding didn't match your vote...but it does. And if I'm generous and assume your ID reads are correct and that others have come to the same conclusions, then, yes, the death of identifiable players seems more likely to be deliberate than a product of chance. But Chihiro announced their Leon block yesterday, and has been suspicious of Leon basically the entire game. It would make little sense for the wolves to proceed forward in that manner. That doesn't mean they didn't, and Leon can mechanically be a wolf regardless of last night's player action breakdown, but it feels like your reading of last night is determined by your view of Leon, and not the other way around.

                                Comment

                                Working...