TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Leon Kuwata
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2018
    • 0

    #886
    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
    I don't think you or kyoko are partners but one of you is maf. I'm almost certain about that. Beyond that I'm just trying to form a PoE but it's not easy.
    again this is really arbitrary

    Comment

    • Mondo Owada
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2018
      • 0

      #887
      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

      Well I don't really have any better ideas. The only person I'm sure isn't maf is chihiro and he could very well be the acqui.

      Comment

      • Chihiro Fujisaki
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2018
        • 3

        #888
        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

        If Mukuro isn't mafia I'm confused why they're getting so little attention....

        Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
        celestia and I were mindmolding in the beginning too bad theyre dead because boiiiiiii
        ....Half of Celestia's posts were about Aoi....you never mentioned Aoi until after Aoi died..........what were you even mindmelding about?

        Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
        also noted that two people couldn't fucking tell who was alive and who died
        Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
        and it wasn't even the same person which I don't even know how that happens unless they came into it knowing that the other was going to die
        Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
        [twgv]leon kuwata[/twgv[
        Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
        Also what's the case on Leon because I just voted for them without reason just so I could have a vote on the board lol
        You thought you had a lead on Mondo and Yasuhiro having info they shouldn't...........and then random vote Leon.......makes total sense

        Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
        That doesn't make sense why not kill a confirmed blue
        You're such a perfect picture of blissful unawareness...it's practically a caricature........
        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
        **** chihiro has balls
        Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
        Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

        what's happening

        Comment

        • Chihiro Fujisaki
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2018
          • 3

          #889
          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

          If Mukuro isn't mafia I'm confused why they're getting so little attention....

          Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
          celestia and I were mindmolding in the beginning too bad theyre dead because boiiiiiii
          ....Half of Celestia's posts were about Aoi....you never mentioned Aoi until after Aoi died..........what were you even mindmelding about?
          Originally posted by Mondo Owada
          **** chihiro has balls
          Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
          Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

          what's happening

          Comment

          • Chihiro Fujisaki
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2018
            • 3

            #890
            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

            Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
            also noted that two people couldn't fucking tell who was alive and who died
            Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
            and it wasn't even the same person which I don't even know how that happens unless they came into it knowing that the other was going to die
            Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
            [twgv]leon kuwata[/twgv[
            Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
            Also what's the case on Leon because I just voted for them without reason just so I could have a vote on the board lol
            You thought you had a lead on Mondo and Yasuhiro having info they shouldn't...........and then random vote Leon.......makes total sense
            Originally posted by Mondo Owada
            **** chihiro has balls
            Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
            Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

            what's happening

            Comment

            • Chihiro Fujisaki
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2018
              • 3

              #891
              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

              Originally posted by Mukuro Ikusaba
              That doesn't make sense why not kill a confirmed blue
              You're such a perfect picture of blissful unawareness...it's practically a caricature........
              Originally posted by Mondo Owada
              **** chihiro has balls
              Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
              Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

              what's happening

              Comment

              • Chihiro Fujisaki
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2018
                • 3

                #892
                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                If the missing kills are not due to Leon being blocked, we have a wolf team that seems to have failed every single night with avoiding the doc's save and/or with identity guesses...

                The only thing Mukuro has been engaged with and seemingly genuine about...is not being acquisitioner...regardless of alignment she cannot even **** muster the effort to vote people for reasons besides placeholders...

                If she's not being inactivity modkilled I will seriously consider her lynch on this basis.
                Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                **** chihiro has balls
                Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                what's happening

                Comment

                • Kyoko Kirigiri
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2018
                  • 10

                  #893
                  Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                  So I promised a Mondo case yesterday, and it here it is.

                  The Case Against Mondo

                  Mondo's play in this game can be largely characterized by three recurring behaviors: a mechanically unjustified fascination with the Identity Wolf role, single-minded aggressive player cases that are abandoned as soon as something more convenient comes along, and repeated OMGUS posting.

                  Where to begin? Mondo's cases and discussion betray an almost pathological fascination with the identity wolf. The thing is, there's no indication that it's been a particularly prominent role, or even had any effect at all. If we assume that the Acqui has been actively moving from player to player--and we know it happened the first night at least, given the Junko flip info--then there's been only one wolf kill per night. It stands to reason that this should be the factional kill—there's no indication that the ID kill isn't equally subject to block or doctor protection. But regardless of whether or not the wolf kills have been factional or ID (or both), Mondo has been built his world-building—and his overall persona—around the idea.

                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  Assuming the maf team makes 1.5 kills per night and the acqui hits only town, town only has 2 mislynches before mylo. Who's idea was this game.

                  And why is my character wearing a Bugles chip on his head?
                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  Sucks. Identity wolf is obv bull****
                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  I'm starting to think it really is due to people not wanting to get shot by the identity wolf, which honestly is a pretty ****ing terrible role to give maf
                  Most people accepted that the ID wolf is a thing and have, I would assume, either taken steps to conceal their identities, or just played and hoped they couldn't be identified. But Mondo felt the need to explain how bullshit the role was, as though he couldn't possibly be a wolf and was scandalized by this totally unfair mechanic.

                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  I have no clue who's who and I'm doin just fine gotta gotta beat down
                  Because I want it all
                  “I can't be the ID wolf guys, because I don't know who's who. And because I hate that role. Check out how not the ID wolf I am!”

                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  If I'm thinking of who you're thinking of, they'll post more. If I'm not thinking of who you're thinking of, good, cause I don't think that's them anyway (but like I said I won't really know who's who this game)
                  “but like I said I won't really know who's who this game”

                  So the previous post wasn't just a “I don't know who's who YET”—which is how I initially read it—but a full on “I can't figure out identities, you can trust me.” Of course, once it turned out that no one was concerned with that, suddenly it's easy to identify people and that's clearly what was happening at night.


                  Day 2

                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  I'm gonna point out the obvious and say yasuhiro seems like a different person. But acqui wouldn't be so obvious about it.

                  Pleasantly surprised we hit maf d1 and it seems someone got guarded/blocked. I wasn't really paying attention to day end but I'm feeling better about celestia and uh... Byakuya.
                  For someone so concerned with the ID wolf, it's curious that the possibility of misidentification never enters Mondo's mind. Instead, it obviously has to be that there was a block/doc save, almost as if he knew. It's also interesting how adamant he was on D1 that he was bad at the ID thing, but one that was safely past, he knew for sure who Celestia (who died) was, since it was convenient to his then-purpose.

                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  Ah, my bad- I only saw junko flip so I figured wolves didn't get any kills. Based on what I figured I knew about celestia she got identitied and actual wolf kill got blocked or something.
                  I've harped on this concept before, but this whole mode of thinking is problematic. As far as I can tell, the ID kill is equally susceptible to blocks/saves. Even if one is 100% certain who Celestia is, the equal likelihood of a rolepower stopping the kill means that assuming an ID kill is 50-50 at best. Of course, Mondo's been preoccupied with that the entire game...

                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  Uhhhh because it was like too obvious who celestia was??
                  I didn't say anything yesterday but they were probably the only person in the game that I could confidently identify, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
                  His reads expand to whatever is convenient to make a case; at that point, he also self-insulates, since “who would ever admit to knowing who someone was?” The point is, he goes from a self-claimed “I can't ID anyone” schtick to “it's totally obvious that...” on multiple occasions, despite his self-professed IDing limitations.

                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  Also, I think Taka was the Identity wolf kill.
                  Vote: leon
                  Again with this. I had problems with this yesterday, but it fits a troubling pattern of behavior. There's this obsession with the identity wolf, even to the point that it blinds Mondo to mechanical probabilities.

                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  I only know the identities of maybe four people in this game, and taka was one of them (as well as Celestia). I'm assuming (and feel free to call me out on it if you disagree) that the identity wolf can also guess the identities of these players, if I can. I'm not great at the whole "who's who" game and generally don't bother trying. Which means the people I do know are being somewhat obvious about it. Which means the identity wolf also knows them. Which means I'm suss of everyone I think I know until they die, because why not.
                  We're back to this post. Can someone's reads expand across the game? Sure. But Mondo's “who's who” keeps expanding as needed to pressure whatever case he happens to be pursuing.

                  Comment

                  • Kyoko Kirigiri
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2018
                    • 10

                    #894
                    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                    So I promised a case against Mondo yesterday, and here it is, broken up into chunks that are still probably too big.

                    Mondo's play in this game can be largely characterized by three recurring behaviors: a mechanically unjustified fascination with the Identity Wolf role, single-minded aggressive player cases that are abandoned as soon as something more convenient comes along, and repeated OMGUS posting.

                    Where to begin? Mondo's cases and discussion betray an almost pathological fascination with the identity wolf. The thing is, there's no indication that it's been a particularly prominent role, or even had any effect at all. If we assume that the Acqui has been actively moving from player to player--and we know it happened the first night at least, given the Junko flip info--then there's been only one wolf kill per night. It stands to reason that this should be the factional kill—there's no indication that the ID kill isn't equally subject to block or doctor protection. But regardless of whether or not the wolf kills have been factional or ID (or both), Mondo has been built his world-building—and his overall persona—around the idea.

                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    Assuming the maf team makes 1.5 kills per night and the acqui hits only town, town only has 2 mislynches before mylo. Who's idea was this game.

                    And why is my character wearing a Bugles chip on his head?
                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    Sucks. Identity wolf is obv bull****
                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    I'm starting to think it really is due to people not wanting to get shot by the identity wolf, which honestly is a pretty ****ing terrible role to give maf
                    Most people accepted that the ID wolf is a thing and have, I would assume, either taken steps to conceal their identities, or just played and hoped they couldn't be identified. But Mondo felt the need to explain how bullshit the role was, as though he couldn't possibly be a wolf and was scandalized by this totally unfair mechanic.

                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    I have no clue who's who and I'm doin just fine gotta gotta beat down
                    Because I want it all
                    “I can't be the ID wolf guys, because I don't know who's who. And because I hate that role. Check out how not the ID wolf I am!”

                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    If I'm thinking of who you're thinking of, they'll post more. If I'm not thinking of who you're thinking of, good, cause I don't think that's them anyway (but like I said I won't really know who's who this game)
                    “but like I said I won't really know who's who this game”

                    So the previous post wasn't just a “I don't know who's who YET”—which is how I initially read it—but a full on “I can't figure out identities, you can trust me.” Of course, once it turned out that no one was concerned with that, suddenly it's easy to identify people and that's clearly what was happening at night.


                    Day 2

                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    I'm gonna point out the obvious and say yasuhiro seems like a different person. But acqui wouldn't be so obvious about it.

                    Pleasantly surprised we hit maf d1 and it seems someone got guarded/blocked. I wasn't really paying attention to day end but I'm feeling better about celestia and uh... Byakuya.
                    For someone so concerned with the ID wolf, it's curious that the possibility of misidentification never enters Mondo's mind. Instead, it obviously has to be that there was a block/doc save, almost as if he knew. It's also interesting how adamant he was on D1 that he was bad at the ID thing, but one that was safely past, he knew for sure who Celestia (who died) was, since it was convenient to his then-purpose.

                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    Ah, my bad- I only saw junko flip so I figured wolves didn't get any kills. Based on what I figured I knew about celestia she got identitied and actual wolf kill got blocked or something.
                    I've harped on this concept before, but this whole mode of thinking is problematic. As far as I can tell, the ID kill is equally susceptible to blocks/saves. Even if one is 100% certain who Celestia is, the equal likelihood of a rolepower stopping the kill means that assuming an ID kill is 50-50 at best. Of course, Mondo's been preoccupied with that the entire game...

                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    Uhhhh because it was like too obvious who celestia was??
                    I didn't say anything yesterday but they were probably the only person in the game that I could confidently identify, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
                    His reads expand to whatever is convenient to make a case; at that point, he also self-insulates, since “who would ever admit to knowing who someone was?” The point is, he goes from a self-claimed “I can't ID anyone” schtick to “it's totally obvious that...” on multiple occasions, despite his self-professed IDing limitations.

                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    Also, I think Taka was the Identity wolf kill.
                    Vote: leon
                    Again with this. I had problems with this yesterday, but it fits a troubling pattern of behavior. There's this obsession with the identity wolf, even to the point that it blinds Mondo to mechanical probabilities.

                    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                    I only know the identities of maybe four people in this game, and taka was one of them (as well as Celestia). I'm assuming (and feel free to call me out on it if you disagree) that the identity wolf can also guess the identities of these players, if I can. I'm not great at the whole "who's who" game and generally don't bother trying. Which means the people I do know are being somewhat obvious about it. Which means the identity wolf also knows them. Which means I'm suss of everyone I think I know until they die, because why not.
                    We're back to this post. Can someone's reads expand across the game? Sure. But Mondo's “who's who” keeps expanding as needed to pressure whatever case he happens to be pursuing.

                    Comment

                    • Kyoko Kirigiri
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2018
                      • 10

                      #895
                      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                      At the same time, his cases almost always follow the path of least resistance. He jumped on Aoi right away, and pushed hard on that, despite the fact that the reason for the vote was a relatively innocuous comment early on the first day. Now, that's actually somewhat understandable—there's not a lot to go on at first, and Aoi's statement in question was, at best, awkwardly expressed. I can understand how it drew suspicion, but Mondo hammered that point repeatedly. This is straight up tunneling.

                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      Aoi is a wolf.

                      More news at 11.
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      Chihiro best boy.
                      I'm in the camp of "aoi came off weird and should be voted for."
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      I'd like everyone's thoughts on aoi if you're ever around, please. Nobody else really seems suss to me yet.
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      Taka my bro what do you think about aoi? Besides the size of her... Personality.
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      I'm trying to give an avenue for people to discuss by asking about General thoughts on aoi but nobody is really saying any more than the couple people who have already commented on it.

                      I think junko might be aligned with aoi as well.
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      Just ignoring how awkward and sketchy aoi's post is and feels like an interaction that *could* be s/s. I think it's weirder that junko didn't find aoi's statement unusual than it is to think aoi isn't suspicious for it- cause aoi's post is undeniably weird.
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      It's not that aoi is looking for who's who, it's that they made a painfully self-aware post that simultaneously reads as "ignore me I'm bad" and "look at me I'm trying" and the fact that you respected it as anything more than literal horse**** is equally odd
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      Aoi hasn't actually been in the thread to give thoughts of any value but once that happens I'm sure my paranoia will blow over. Or they'll do something else that's scummy.
                      This is a huge proportion of posts dedicated toward Aoi. That's fine, I guess, except their case never changes, because Aoi hadn't really posted since their initial problem post. This was just continuously repeating the same basic claims, safely hammering the point.

                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      unvote for now. I want to see more from her, but that's probably enough atm.
                      When Aoi posts a long response, Mondo backs off. That's understandable...but why such a huge volume to the point of obsession if a mere response merited an unvote?

                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      I see Aoi's #114 as more of an insight into her mindset. Even if it's crap, she still believes what she said, so I'm willing to take off pressure "for now." It's not really tangible to me, but it makes her entry make a little more sense.
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      I mean, if Aoi did focus on other people you would 75% chance call them out on deflecting.
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      This is something I agree with 100%. Just don't like the thought that she should be acting more aggressive since that's mostly playstyle.
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      I hate posts like this. Not in the sense that it's indicative of maf, just that it's essentially meaningless. Great, you think Aoi is villa, why? Nobody knows.
                      Even after the unvote, Aoi remains apparently preoccupied with Aoi, although at least these instances are in response to to discussion from other players (Byakuya, Junko).

                      Later, he conveniently town reads the only known wolf almost out of nowhere.

                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      I would add sayaka, but not byakuya or Taka.
                      I think you're town, but I think you're trusting people too easily. My strong town read right now is pretty much just you.
                      And, of course, after cooling on their Aoi read, ends up back on Aoi for his actual vote—conveniently protecting Sayaka.

                      His reason for returning to Aoi, predictably, is...vague.

                      Originally posted by Aoi Asahina
                      Oh, Byakuya, I do want to bring something up. Someone was talking about the identity wolf and acquisitioner. Saying they were playing it safe to not be killed/taken over. I think it was Mondo? Not sure right now. Either way. The acquisitioner doesn't need to know you to take over your account, so I am lost as to way they think they are safe because of how they are playing. That doesn't make sense to me.
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      Whoops, you stepped in more ****.
                      At the same time, he chooses to view Aoi's first day behavior as an anti-ID tactic, which Mondo considers problematic apparently despite claiming to be doing the same thing himself earlier in the day.

                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      Aoi clearly knows what she's doing but she's playing this ******* terrible "I'm bad pls no" style that probably is just a ****ty attempt at hiding her identity.
                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      It's because I'm like 90% sure celestia is right. No mention of day chat equals no day chat.
                      Interesting that you think I could be the acquisitioner, since you obviously haven't been noticing the steps I'm taking to ensure I don't get taken over.
                      It also, again, speaks to his preoccupation with identity and identification. And although he expressed a general willingness to be talked elsewhere

                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      If you want me off aoi I'm open to suggestions. Good ones. I just have a hard time reconciling aoi's posts as something that comes from experienced villa.
                      That didn't materialize satisfactorily for him, even though both other wagons turned out to be non-town. Ultimately, Mondo committed to his Aoi vote, helping to generate the coinflips he claims to hate.

                      ***

                      His case against Leon also feels somewhat tunneled.

                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      Yesterday I thought maybe Leon had been acquid but now I see that's not the case. I can also comfortably say that if I know who they are, they're still them. Leon is a good place to start today in terms of maf but if we're trying to find acqui I'd like to hear more from makoto.
                      An interesting switch, considering he previously found that sort of behavior offensive.

                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      Taka looks bad because of his suss of me- he says I looked specifically like third party, but then he backtracked after I called him out on it and said hmm maybe you could be a wolf. It shows an informed mindset and I think he's maf because of it. If I knew who he was I might town read him but right now Taka is dangerous.
                      And this plus his ID world building is apparently his whole case there.

                      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                      Descending into wifom for a minute, wolves may have tried to play around the doc and got roleblocked. Confbiasing hard toward Leon maf and it is in no way upsetting.

                      I love how this entire post is dedicated to **** logic and poor critical thinking in an entirely unironic way.
                      Other people have made more compelling cases against Leon than this, but he's been vacillating between the two of us, despite the fact that he's been surprisingly reluctant to actually dive into Leon's posts. Path of least resistance.

                      Comment

                      • Kyoko Kirigiri
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2018
                        • 10

                        #896
                        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                        Now, let's move to the topic of OMGUS.

                        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                        Sorry, but your suspicion reeks of cheese and ****. It would make sense for you to think I was maf here MAYBE, but you immediately jumped to third party. Perhaps you already know that I'm not maf for some reason??

                        Taka

                        Nothing you're saying is remotely consistent, dude. I know we're friends, but you don't look so good right now.
                        Even his return to Aoi suspicion was premised around a slight call out.

                        Originally posted by Aoi Asahina
                        Oh, Byakuya, I do want to bring something up. Someone was talking about the identity wolf and acquisitioner. Saying they were playing it safe to not be killed/taken over. I think it was Mondo? Not sure right now. Either way. The acquisitioner doesn't need to know you to take over your account, so I am lost as to way they think they are safe because of how they are playing. That doesn't make sense to me.
                        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                        Whoops, you stepped in more ****.

                        His strongest scumread besides Aoi was due to OMGUS.

                        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                        Taka looks bad because of his suss of me- he says I looked specifically like third party, but then he backtracked after I called him out on it and said hmm maybe you could be a wolf. It shows an informed mindset and I think he's maf because of it. If I knew who he was I might town read him but right now Taka is dangerous.
                        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                        Reading. I think Taka being suss of me is bad. Looks like now he's trying to double up on the acqui accusation? I don't think my reads are going to change at all and aoi is bad vibes man.
                        OMGUS OMGUS OMGUS.


                        Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                        Can you provide original content or is everything you say a rehash of what someone else says/an announcement of game mechanics. Yes I think the regular kill was blocked.
                        As soon as my challenges toward Mondo start making him uncomfortable, he becomes suspicious of me.

                        Comment

                        • Kyoko Kirigiri
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2018
                          • 10

                          #897
                          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                          Now, this was a long summation of everything I found objectionable about Mondo while running through his game with a fine-toothed comb, and a few things here and there are minor or exaggerated dings. There are certainly sections (which is to be expected in a hundred posts) that feel towny to me. But the thing is, beyond the three themes hit above, there feels like an awful lot of accusations and work and directions with surprisingly little actual detective work. There doesn't seem to be any real effort to dig in and figure out who's a wolf. Even his most recent post

                          Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                          Well I don't really have any better ideas. The only person I'm sure isn't maf is chihiro and he could very well be the acqui.
                          basically just throws his suspicions to the winds. I feel kind of bad harping on this one, because I actually understand the feeling. Parsing Mondo so closely makes you see a lot, the good and the bad, and I kind of hate the meta of rigid certainty that this game seems to demand. But in this case, it speaks again to that reluctance to push. Maybe it's just that activity has dropped way off, but it's amazing how much more of a central theme there was to his first day, with the ID stuff and especially the hammered case against Aoi. If he could manage so many Aoi posts based on a single sentence, where's that attention now, with so much more information available?

                          Even the Chihiro thing feels like a copout. Chihiro would be a very poor choice for acquisition—they're the only town power role remaining and the doctor is gone (meaning a likely nightkill target going forward, presumably dangerous to the Acqui), and we've already sort of established that Danganronpa can at least be used as a logic check against them (in the sense that a correct answer doesn't clear them, but a wrong/slow answer condemns them). Both of these factors would make Chihiro a poor Acqui target.

                          It's possible, ultimately, that Mondo is a town player who doesn't know how or where to direct his energies in a game where so many players have been inactive, and where no one really seems to be jumping out as an obvious wolf. But his behavior has major problems that on balance point away from town, and make much more sense as a wolf.

                          Comment

                          • Kyoko Kirigiri
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2018
                            • 10

                            #898
                            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                            The above is a long summation of everything I found objectionable about Mondo while running through his game with a fine-toothed comb, and a few things here and there are minor or exaggerated dings. There are certainly sections (which is to be expected in a hundred posts) that feel towny to me--mostly a sense of restless probing. But the thing is, beyond the three themes hit above, there feels like an awful lot of accusations and work and directions with surprisingly little actual detective work. There doesn't seem to be any real effort to dig in and figure out who's a wolf. Even his most recent post

                            Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                            Well I don't really have any better ideas. The only person I'm sure isn't maf is chihiro and he could very well be the acqui.
                            basically just throws his suspicions to the winds. I feel kind of bad harping on this one, because I actually understand the feeling. Parsing Mondo so closely makes you see a lot, the good and the bad, and I kind of hate the meta of rigid certainty that this game seems to demand. But in this case, it speaks again to that reluctance to push. Maybe it's just that activity has dropped way off, but it's amazing how much more of a central theme there was to his first day, with the ID stuff and especially the hammered case against Aoi. If he could manage so many Aoi posts based on a single sentence, where's that attention now, with so much more information available?

                            Even the Chihiro thing feels like a copout. Chihiro would be a very poor choice for acquisition—they're the only town power role remaining and the doctor is gone (meaning a likely nightkill target going forward, presumably dangerous to the Acqui), and we've already sort of established that Danganronpa can at least be used as a logic check against them (in the sense that a correct answer doesn't clear them, but a wrong/slow answer condemns them). Both of these factors would make Chihiro a poor Acqui target.

                            It's possible, ultimately, that Mondo is a town player who doesn't know how or where to direct his energies in a game where so many players have been inactive, and where no one really seems to be jumping out as an obvious wolf. But his behavior has major problems that on balance point away from town, and make much more sense as a wolf.

                            Comment

                            • Kyoko Kirigiri
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2018
                              • 10

                              #899
                              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                              The day ends again tonight and the thread has been quiet for hours. I see Byakuya and Sakura lurking so...yeah.

                              Comment

                              • Sakura Ogami
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2018
                                • 0

                                #900
                                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                                I don't much like two things about this kyoko posting:

                                1) it's against a single person almost entirely despite there being 2 wolves in the game + aqui

                                2) it feels mostly in response to the pressure; that is to say, I doubt this effort would have come without being pressured into it...

                                The reason I don't like point 1 is that technically this is very close to mylo potentially (if aqui is a town right now, then they go into a town, and the wolves get their 2 kills, we're down to 5 with only 2 town which might be parity actually...? Idk how it works)

                                Basically it's at the point where wolves only really need to push for one mislynch potentially to win which is... yikes

                                Its not guaranteed of course and there's a lot that is out of our control etc but the notion is still there... also hello

                                Comment

                                Working...