TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #61
    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by FreezinIce
    T-Force sort of spoiled stuff, but I'd avoid it. Nobody likes spoilers
    It just means I'm going to use spoiler tags. I don't know the entire game because there's a bunch of hours of content. The way the story is handled kinds of remind me of Persona tbh, but the gameplay is very different.

    I don't have a full picture of it still yet because I haven't seen the entire game.


    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I didn't know that's what the game was based on, so I can't help you there Haku.
    Here's pmuch what I know and where I'm coming from with this game:
    You're like fighting monsters on 2 screens at same time using 2 characters with different abilities who can only help each others with fusions and you must complete tasks during a set amount of time.

    You only have to win on one side of the screen to win the fight.

    It's pretty close to a rhythm game (@ timing), a J-RPG(levels/gear) and a VN(story/CG effects) at same time.

    You're fighting in an alternate universe of a town named Shibuya where you can only communicate with Players, Reapers, Proxy(?) (I havent got there yet) and the Composer @ Mr H -> (Sanae Hanekoma) who is T-Force's avatar. It's safe to assume that something abnormal happened to the town and that "we" must do something about it.

    I picked an avatar of Neku Sakuraba because he's kinda asocial and had issues communicating and listening to others. I thought it was funny because I believe it's relevant to my own issues when it comes to TWG.

    Neku is initially the main character of the game and starts by being confused and making a pact with Shiki to unlock the use of pins to do special abilities and complete missions to avoid being erased. She seems to already know how the game works and helps him overall to get a grasp of what to do. They also have a timer that appear on their hands and if it reaches 0, they just get erased. (game over)

    You eventually learn about "memes" and "imprinting memes" where Neku can mind control the other players and make them want to do something based on what the story wants.

    He can also scan for detecting "noise" which are the enemies in this game who tries to make everyone erased from this world for unknown reasons.

    Reapers comes into that because they have as goal to erase players from the game for unknown reasons as well and the Composer seems to be the arbiter behind all of this.

    I haven't seen more than that about this game yet. I was watching a let's plays before the game started. I believe they meet more players @ Beat/Rhyme and the game eventually get somewhere even more interesting too.

    Probably going to just focus on TWG from this point. It's just that I like lore and I wish we played more around that when we do thematic TWG games @ (Fire Emblem/Ace Attorney). It feels more productive than shitposting to me.

    #my 2cent

    Comment

    • MixMasterLar
      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 5403

      #62
      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by FreezinIce
      what a strange game
      I'm biased towards Namco because I played alot of those games as a kid (I think I go on about that in one of the failed runs) but I highly recommend it if you like fast paced puzzle games.

      Shit's legit
      ​

      Comment

      • DaBackpack
        ~ お ま ん こ ~
        • Mar 2014
        • 918

        #63
        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

        I haven't played the game


        Originally posted by Moogy
        no one cares
        Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
        there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
        that's kind of a sad statistic

        Comment

        • Hakulyte
          aka Haku
          • Jul 2005
          • 4697

          #64
          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

          Unrelated:

          I'd like to know if this game has no-lynch/no-kill.
          I also think it should get stickied etc.

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #65
            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by FreezinIce
            what a strange game
            too early to say
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • MixMasterLar
              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 5403

              #66
              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              too early to say
              Preeeeeeety sure he meant Phozon
              ​

              Comment

              • Hakulyte
                aka Haku
                • Jul 2005
                • 4697

                #67
                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by Celirra
                Someone play chess with me within this thread, I'm white

                e4
                1. e4 c5

                Sicilian Defense. gl

                Comment

                • Hakulyte
                  aka Haku
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4697

                  #68
                  Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by Celirra
                  Hello I am Hakulyte-lite for the game and this is already difficult

                  I'm pretty sure somewhere between 2 and 4 of the 13 players, including me (change this to between 3 and 3 if not including me), who are listed for playing this """"reapers game"""" are secretly wolves and we just haven't realized them yet

                  I motion we make an effort to find out who these 2-4 people are by means of posting in emoticons to reflect our current mental state, since wolves have peculiar emotions, and since nobody would ever lie on the internet we can take these emotions at face value to find the wolves

                  Here's mine:

                  (°w~)/
                  (°wX)O--(''Q)

                  Comment

                  • FreezinIce
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2005
                    • 265

                    #69
                    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                    Preeeeeeety sure he meant Phozon
                    ding ding ding
                    ========

                    To let the world be.

                    ========

                    Originally posted by Charu
                    Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                    Originally posted by mellon_collie
                    AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                    Originally posted by roundbox
                    AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                    Originally posted by Red
                    My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                    Originally posted by TWG Ike
                    SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                    Comment

                    • MixMasterLar
                      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 5403

                      #70
                      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                      I'm actually a little hurt he totally skipped my post and missed the context
                      not really but damn dude
                      ​

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #71
                        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                        I'm actually a little hurt he totally skipped my post and missed the context
                        not really but damn dude
                        playing tabletop
                        world records are sexy
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • MixMasterLar
                          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 5403

                          #72
                          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                          While I enjoy card and board games, I rarely plat tabletop. Never can find a crowd for it
                          ​

                          Comment

                          • MixMasterLar
                            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 5403

                            #73
                            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                            Anyhow Waffle House is a thing so peace
                            ​

                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5403

                              #74
                              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                              Not related to Waffle House
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • roundbox
                                fhqwhgads
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 2086

                                #75
                                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by Celirra
                                I motion we make an effort to find out who these 2-4 people are by means of posting in emoticons to reflect our current mental state, since wolves have peculiar emotions, and since nobody would ever lie on the internet we can take these emotions at face value to find the wolves

                                Here's mine:

                                (°w~)/


                                I AM REMY BUXAPLENTY
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                                Comment

                                Working...