TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Celirra
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2015
    • 749

    #1591
    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    if you want the non tl;dr you can click on the arrow and scroll up one post, not going to repost it in the interest of space.

    I think Xel is the best lynch and I talked a bit about it there.

    Xel DOES have good games as a wolf. He has had several, including one recent on of which the name escapes me. However, when he is posting rather lackluster the way that I feel like he has been this game, he is often a wolf. He has not responded to my callout. He has not made any deep-dives into the thread (though he has apparently done some work, I am not saying he has done nothing).

    This is how I feel like he plays as a wolf.

    Now, I might be the only one that gives a shit about this part, and I have explained this already, but your memory might be telling you that I had a townread on Xel last phase. You remember correctly if that is the case. My reason for this was he had a rather in depth read on me. It felt, to me, like he had actually thought deeply about something I had said (if memory serves it was about my post saying that I know I wasn't being weird). Since I have had this change of heart, I have to explain why I was wrong. Xel does tend to focus on me a little bit, and I do think that he would admit it. There was a period of time, and he may still feel this way I am honestly not sure, where he felt rather strongly that he had a good read on me. I was often the subject of his strongest read when he was town. The post he made during last phase is likely a reflection of this focus. Because he has spent so much time actually reading me, he is able to sprinkle in ways that he actually does read me as town when he rolls wolf. This is my current theory.

    Now, people who don't give a shit about meta, I don't really have much for you. I operate pretty heavily off of meta, but I will still try to find common ground with you. If you disagree with my next sentence, this paragraph may not be for you. Wolves, on average, post less than townspeople. Freezin referenced it earlier, but wolf fatigue absolutely is a huge factor. WV felt it heavily last game, it effects almost everyone, myself included (ties a bit back into Haku reading me based on my Civ 5 activity). Xel has posted very little content. WITHOUT TALKING ABOUT HIS PREVIOUS GAMES like right now I am pretending that this is my first game with him, I would be a bit skeptical of him right now based on that. To go a bit further, he posted a 3 (or 4 idr) item list of things he needed to do this phase, and I believe he's delivered on none of them (I will check this when I finish making this post it won't be hard to find in his iso).

    I could make up some shit about Xel keeping his hands clean of the lar lynch and the one today but honestly it could go either way. I think I've said what I need to say. If you have further points on this or another area, lmk.

    I feel as though I have defended myself about as well as I am going to be able to this phase. If you still have questions or accusations, it is on me to respond to them.

    If you are for lynching someone else, I ask that you make a case on them like I have made on Xel. this is fundamentally something that I feel like has been lacking from recent games, and I think it hurts town if not present once d0 has ended. It leads to a lot of lazy, uneducated sheep votes.

    I ask for votes on Xel if you don't want to see me lynched. There currently isn't really a case on the rapta lynch imo, I don't expect it to continue, and I would be worried if it continues to develop.

    As I said earlier, I have other people I am fine lynching. Xiz is annoying the shit out of me this game. I have posted about literally everyone in the game aside from rapta and WV and I have talked about their slots.

    I will vote someone else if I have to.

    I think Xel is the wolf that people are overlooking and I'm not really sure why that's been happening. I do ask that people quickly look back at his iso. It is incredibly lackluster and not characteristic of both town and townXel simultaneously.
    Thank you.

    The issue here really for me is that I don't know well enough whether this is true or not, and would just be me taking your word for it should I be about to agree with you. I'm sure you understand why I'm reluctant to do that within a twg game. I'd rather not lynch Xel tonight, because I still think he's fine in my books, though if what you say is true, and I'll try to do some research to confirm, then I'd be open to trying that path.
    ,,
     ,_, -ー'"{
     ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
     ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
    彡と} 猫.{つ

    Comment

    • the sun fan
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2017
      • 658

      #1592
      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by Celirra
      Thank you.

      The issue here really for me is that I don't know well enough whether this is true or not, and would just be me taking your word for it should I be about to agree with you. I'm sure you understand why I'm reluctant to do that within a twg game. I'd rather not lynch Xel tonight, because I still think he's fine in my books, though if what you say is true, and I'll try to do some research to confirm, then I'd be open to trying that path.
      then who do you propose to lynch instead and why?
      and do you feel like you could make a case on them?
      if so, pls do
      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

      Comment

      • Celirra
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2015
        • 749

        #1593
        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by Rapta
        it feels like lar felt a scum lean on sunfan (lar is confirmed town) any value in his opinion?
        I am going to keep note of this

        pls refer back to this for anyone who's lazy
        ,,
         ,_, -ー'"{
         ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
         ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
        彡と} 猫.{つ

        Comment

        • Wayward Vagabond
          Confirmed Heartbreaker
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2012
          • 5866

          #1594
          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

          last game wasnt wolf fatigue it was me being more focused on finding a job. nice try sunfan

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #1595
            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
            last game wasnt wolf fatigue it was me being more focused on finding a job. nice try sunfan
            you were tired of posting as a wolf, no?
            I'm not saying that it was entirely fatigue, but you felt it and said it in wolfchat, no?
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • Rapta
              🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
              Profile Moderator
              FFR Simfile Author
              Global Moderator
              • Dec 2010
              • 1948

              #1596
              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

              only weird thing i felt from xel is his asking me to be more townie

              last guy that pulled that was OPkiller who was a wolf
              Old Quotes
              Originally posted by IwasAsquidOnce
              Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
              Originally posted by Mourningfall
              [3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
              Originally posted by Xiz
              Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
              Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
              Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
              Originally posted by Prawnskunk
              if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
              Originally posted by gold stinger
              do u even agrabah
              Originally posted by gold stinger
              Today at 12:53 AM
              I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
              Originally posted by Psychotik
              When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
              Originally posted by Haku
              have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?




              Originally posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
              OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
              Originally posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
              We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
              Originally posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
              You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

              Comment

              • Celirra
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2015
                • 749

                #1597
                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by the sun fan
                then who do you propose to lynch instead and why?
                and do you feel like you could make a case on them?
                if so, pls do
                I still sustain my biggest case is against Blind, while my vote may be on Haku right now that's mostly tone based. A couple pages ago-ish I outlined why I'm so for lynching Blind, from the perspective of him being a solid wolf candidate for me (his anger at the start of the phase didn't do it for me), as well as him being gone not hurting town at all since he's as bad as I am with tunneling. My case is definitely different than yours and is lacking in comparison, though I think it's more the style: I definitely don't think I have a solve of the game, and I don't have the confidence in this all to say he's definitely a wolf, nor do I have the confidence to say that about anyone, nor trust anyone who says x definitely is a wolf. The thing is, a blind lynch would help my solving state while not hurting much should he be a mislynch, while also being a top 2 lynch candidate in my mind for the reasons I've mentioned throughout (laziness, lack of care, and I felt that dbp (was it dbp? I think so) brought up some good points about him too that strengthened my stance).
                ,,
                 ,_, -ー'"{
                 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                彡と} 猫.{つ

                Comment

                • the sun fan
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 658

                  #1598
                  Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  you were tired of posting as a wolf, no?
                  I'm not saying that it was entirely fatigue, but you felt it and said it in wolfchat, no?
                  yeah ok after looking I think I got you and freezin confused at the end
                  you said something like you weren't quitting right at the end, my b
                  TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                  FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                  Comment

                  • Wayward Vagabond
                    Confirmed Heartbreaker
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 5866

                    #1599
                    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    you were tired of posting as a wolf, no?
                    I'm not saying that it was entirely fatigue, but you felt it and said it in wolfchat, no?
                    yeah a bit but the way you said it made it seem like it was a huge burden i had to deal with

                    Comment

                    • Celirra
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 749

                      #1600
                      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by Rapta
                      only weird thing i felt from xel is his asking me to be more townie

                      last guy that pulled that was OPkiller who was a wolf
                      I've told several people to be townie this game
                      ,,
                       ,_, -ー'"{
                       ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                       ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                      彡と} 猫.{つ

                      Comment

                      • Wayward Vagabond
                        Confirmed Heartbreaker
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 5866

                        #1601
                        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                        is xel really a bigger fish or a small fry under a microscope

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #1602
                          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          if you want the non tl;dr you can click on the arrow and scroll up one post, not going to repost it in the interest of space.

                          I think Xel is the best lynch and I talked a bit about it there.

                          Xel DOES have good games as a wolf. He has had several, including one recent on of which the name escapes me. However, when he is posting rather lackluster the way that I feel like he has been this game, he is often a wolf. He has not responded to my callout. He has not made any deep-dives into the thread (though he has apparently done some work, I am not saying he has done nothing).

                          This is how I feel like he plays as a wolf.

                          Now, I might be the only one that gives a shit about this part, and I have explained this already, but your memory might be telling you that I had a townread on Xel last phase. You remember correctly if that is the case. My reason for this was he had a rather in depth read on me. It felt, to me, like he had actually thought deeply about something I had said (if memory serves it was about my post saying that I know I wasn't being weird). Since I have had this change of heart, I have to explain why I was wrong. Xel does tend to focus on me a little bit, and I do think that he would admit it. There was a period of time, and he may still feel this way I am honestly not sure, where he felt rather strongly that he had a good read on me. I was often the subject of his strongest read when he was town. The post he made during last phase is likely a reflection of this focus. Because he has spent so much time actually reading me, he is able to sprinkle in ways that he actually does read me as town when he rolls wolf. This is my current theory.

                          Now, people who don't give a shit about meta, I don't really have much for you. I operate pretty heavily off of meta, but I will still try to find common ground with you. If you disagree with my next sentence, this paragraph may not be for you. Wolves, on average, post less than townspeople. Freezin referenced it earlier, but wolf fatigue absolutely is a huge factor. WV felt it heavily last game, it effects almost everyone, myself included (ties a bit back into Haku reading me based on my Civ 5 activity). Xel has posted very little content. WITHOUT TALKING ABOUT HIS PREVIOUS GAMES like right now I am pretending that this is my first game with him, I would be a bit skeptical of him right now based on that. To go a bit further, he posted a 3 (or 4 idr) item list of things he needed to do this phase, and I believe he's delivered on none of them (I will check this when I finish making this post it won't be hard to find in his iso).

                          I could make up some shit about Xel keeping his hands clean of the lar lynch and the one today but honestly it could go either way. I think I've said what I need to say. If you have further points on this or another area, lmk.

                          I feel as though I have defended myself about as well as I am going to be able to this phase. If you still have questions or accusations, it is on me to respond to them.

                          If you are for lynching someone else, I ask that you make a case on them like I have made on Xel. this is fundamentally something that I feel like has been lacking from recent games, and I think it hurts town if not present once d0 has ended. It leads to a lot of lazy, uneducated sheep votes.

                          I ask for votes on Xel if you don't want to see me lynched. There currently isn't really a case on the rapta lynch imo, I don't expect it to continue, and I would be worried if it continues to develop.

                          As I said earlier, I have other people I am fine lynching. Xiz is annoying the shit out of me this game. I have posted about literally everyone in the game aside from rapta and WV and I have talked about their slots.

                          I will vote someone else if I have to.

                          I think Xel is the wolf that people are overlooking and I'm not really sure why that's been happening. I do ask that people quickly look back at his iso. It is incredibly lackluster and not characteristic of both town and townXel simultaneously.
                          That's very similar to my reads during most of this phase. In fact, your game is so similar to mine that I keep feeling uncomfortable with my read on you.

                          The problem remains that it's really hard to make a case on them outside of meta and the best way for town to get their data together and push things is to get more information.

                          I think what you have going on your side is that Xiz/Roundbox have an insistance into that MML wagon rather doing standard pushes.

                          I can see Xel being a lone wolf here as well so, yeah. Your lynch is very likely to happen because there's mechanical data behind it and I feel like the majority will not want to do a blind leap of faith into one of your top scums.

                          Comment

                          • Rapta
                            🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
                            Profile Moderator
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            Global Moderator
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 1948

                            #1603
                            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by Celirra
                            I still sustain my biggest case is against Blind, while my vote may be on Haku right now that's mostly tone based.
                            usually what i do with haku is see if he is being haku and then see if everyone else agrees with me

                            worked 100% of the time of every game i played with him
                            Old Quotes
                            Originally posted by IwasAsquidOnce
                            Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
                            Originally posted by Mourningfall
                            [3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
                            Originally posted by Xiz
                            Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
                            Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
                            Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
                            Originally posted by Prawnskunk
                            if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
                            Originally posted by gold stinger
                            do u even agrabah
                            Originally posted by gold stinger
                            Today at 12:53 AM
                            I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
                            Originally posted by Psychotik
                            When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
                            Originally posted by Haku
                            have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?




                            Originally posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
                            OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
                            Originally posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
                            We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
                            Originally posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
                            You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

                            Comment

                            • the sun fan
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 658

                              #1604
                              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                              yeah a bit but the way you said it made it seem like it was a huge burden i had to deal with
                              my b
                              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #1605
                                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                                is xel really a bigger fish or a small fry under a microscope
                                in the metaphoracal sense, his importance is like Wukong's staff, shrinking to fit the head of a pin or expanding to fill the universe. Depending on your perspective, of course.
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...