TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charu
    Snivy! Dohoho!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 6207

    #1036
    Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

    I'm actually really proud of you Zenith, I mean it's obvious you're REALLY into this game, and it shows.


    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
    Had a very shiny nose
    And if you ever saw it
    You could even say it glows

    All of the other Snivies
    Used to laugh and call him names
    They never let poor Charu
    Join in any Snivy games

    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #1037
      Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by reuben_tate
      Wait, blind does bring up a good point though? I understand not wanting to out him just yet for the sake of gathering more tracker results. However, defending him and reading him as town is completely on the opposite end of the spectrum. You could have still fought for his lynch without officially giving yourself away.
      He didn't give himself away UNTIL the next day phase in which he could be of more use, you silly-willy.

      It was also when I blew up because I was still in the mindset that it was 100% tokzic and any other lynch was down right stupid.

      Welp, with the current information being thrown around, turns out that little stunt was actually really beneficial, at the expense of my mental health.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • _Zenith_
        Accuracy Player
        • Mar 2011
        • 4629

        #1038
        Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by reuben_tate
        Wait, blind does bring up a good point though? I understand not wanting to out him just yet for the sake of gathering more tracker results. However, defending him and reading him as town is completely on the opposite end of the spectrum. You could have still fought for his lynch without officially giving yourself away.
        I fought for his lynch without giving myself away.

        What is the good point now?

        I mean, I effectively did exactly that. I gave away myself this phase to pinch Blind who is a wolf, and I cannot die due to Tokzic claiming to be a Guardian unless I get lynched, so ultimately if Tokzic doesn't die or if Charu or myself die instead of Tokzic then it confirms Tokzic and town wins the game (assuming we lynch Blind who is my wolf result).





        Comment

        • benguino
          Kawaii Desu Ne?
          • Dec 2007
          • 4190

          #1039
          Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by _Zenith_
          I fought for his lynch without giving myself away
          Yes, but I think the point he is trying to get at is that you didn't do this the entire time when you had the information on tps.

          To my understanding, this is what happened:
          (1) Start of day 1: you know tps is a wolf
          (2) End of day 2: tps is lynched

          It seems the point blind is trying to make is that between (1) and (2), there existed times in which he didn't fight for tps's lynch; in fact, you did the opposite and townread him.

          I might be confusing myself though...I might be mixing up the timing of things in my head, idk.
          AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


          Originally posted by Spenner
          (^)> peck peck says the heels
          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
          And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
          Originally posted by Zakvvv666
          awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

          Comment

          • DaBackpack
            ~ お ま ん こ ~
            • Mar 2014
            • 918

            #1040
            Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by Charu
            It's called playing the the sneaky Tracker with one confirmed data point correctly.

            Trading himself for a wolf would be a sub-optimal play if he chose to out himself to get TPS.
            But thays the thing. He didn't have to say he cleared tps. There's a difference between protecting yourself and saying you have a permanent clearing on him.

            He could have just said nothing.


            Originally posted by Moogy
            no one cares
            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
            that's kind of a sad statistic

            Comment

            • Charu
              Snivy! Dohoho!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 6207

              #1041
              Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

              Benguin, plz.

              Did you forget Day One lasted for a grand total of ONE HOUR!?


              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
              Had a very shiny nose
              And if you ever saw it
              You could even say it glows

              All of the other Snivies
              Used to laugh and call him names
              They never let poor Charu
              Join in any Snivy games

              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #1042
                Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                An hour, I might add, that was around 12-1AM EST.


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • DaBackpack
                  ~ お ま ん こ ~
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 918

                  #1043
                  Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                  Zenith slept through day 1

                  I don't know

                  I got really excited

                  unvote I need a break


                  Originally posted by Moogy
                  no one cares
                  Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                  there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                  that's kind of a sad statistic

                  Comment

                  • Charu
                    Snivy! Dohoho!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 6207

                    #1044
                    Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    But thays the thing. He didn't have to say he cleared tps. There's a difference between protecting yourself and saying you have a permanent clearing on him.

                    He could have just said nothing.
                    I suppose so... I'll wait for Zenith's answer to this. I have reason in my head, but I want him to make the reason.


                    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                    Had a very shiny nose
                    And if you ever saw it
                    You could even say it glows

                    All of the other Snivies
                    Used to laugh and call him names
                    They never let poor Charu
                    Join in any Snivy games

                    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                    Comment

                    • _Zenith_
                      Accuracy Player
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 4629

                      #1045
                      Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by reuben_tate
                      Yes, but I think the point he is trying to get at is that you didn't do this the entire time when you had the information on tps.

                      To my understanding, this is what happened:
                      (1) Start of day 1: you know tps is a wolf
                      (2) End of day 2: tps is lynched

                      It seems the point blind is trying to make is that between (1) and (2), there existed times in which he didn't fight for tps's lynch; in fact, you did the opposite and townread him.

                      I might be confusing myself though...I might be mixing up the timing of things in my head, idk.
                      No you are correct. I very much know what I did seems extremely ass-backwards in the sense that I didn't emplore any form of lynch or wolf lean on TPS who I had information on but instead made it seem like I really townread him and wanted no desire with him.

                      I explained now though why I did this, but is the truth. I was merely saving myself from getting wolfed (and I took into consideration an older game where I softed too early and too obviously that it got me killed the first night). I also wanted to be in the later phases because I gain momentum as any game progresses and it's just my meta.





                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #1046
                        Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                        And there you go, he wasn't even replying to you and he put a reason why.


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • _Zenith_
                          Accuracy Player
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 4629

                          #1047
                          Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by DaBackpack
                          But thays the thing. He didn't have to say he cleared tps. There's a difference between protecting yourself and saying you have a permanent clearing on him.

                          He could have just said nothing.
                          I don't recall at all ever saying I had a permanent read on anyone besides two things:
                          1) A Seer Tampering Wolf Aligned Role (softed)
                          2) Choof not being a Conversion Third Party Role

                          I know I implied the effect of a "Permanent" read on him as town, but no it was a distancing attempt from me having a role (I was still avoiding being read as a role at the time) so that I could live and have more information and be alive in a later phase.

                          You're right, I could have said nothing (as it appears there are three players who barely said anything and have no association to the game) and it could've slid by but no, I was too anxious about being wolfed and quickly came up with a solution that may have yielded a safety net that night.





                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #1048
                            Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                            Anyone else notice how blind just completely stopped and has left the thread?


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #1049
                              Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                              Uncle Bird Charu noticed.


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • _Zenith_
                                Accuracy Player
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 4629

                                #1050
                                Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                                This silence is deafening.





                                Comment

                                Working...