TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tokzic
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 6878

    #1216
    Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by _Zenith_
    Want to explain how it couldn't possibly be one-shot?
    sure just go ahead and read that post you quoted again

    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

    Comment

    • DaBackpack
      ~ お ま ん こ ~
      • Mar 2014
      • 918

      #1217
      Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by _Zenith_
      Want to explain how it couldn't possibly be one-shot?
      I'm inclined to agree that it's not one-shot --- sure it's possible, but it's not a great play to use it on you during the first night


      Originally posted by Moogy
      no one cares
      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
      that's kind of a sad statistic

      Comment

      • _Zenith_
        Accuracy Player
        • Mar 2011
        • 4629

        #1218
        Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

        I mean I guess I see your point there but still, it's a possibility and I believe all should be considered.





        Comment

        • Tokzic
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 6878

          #1219
          Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by _Zenith_
          Not only this, but have you also thought that Paint might not be exclusively only to paint only town members. I could see the ability being extremely beneficial in creating a godfather wolf for an entire phase; and if the ability isn't one-shot and/or lasts for more than a phase, you essentially have created and Investigation-Immune wolf + the ability that wolf may have.
          Nope. Don't buy this either.

          If painting notifies the target, painting wolves would be better in every way 100% of the time and there would never be any point in painting humans unless they wanted to specifically put one guy against the wall. Painting a human in the very first phase of the game would be alerting the entire game to your presence in exchange for a longshot chance at getting a bad Seering, and that's not a good trade.

          You are making very bold claims and strongly pushing the game direction. I would rather hear an outside party verify this mechanic you say exists, who should exist if you're telling the truth, than hear you theorycraft a thousand reasons why there would be no other such person.

          Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

          Comment

          • Tokzic
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 6878

            #1220
            Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

            people who really, really need to make some reads already:

            - v
            - manti
            - reuben
            - raeko
            - storn

            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

            Comment

            • Charu
              Snivy! Dohoho!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 6207

              #1221
              Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

              So, I just spent half an hour looking for maybe someone saying "hey, I got painted" or whatever, but...

              I didn't find anything.

              In fact, the only person that made me ponder is this post from V.

              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              one of my drugs made me clear of all effects during the night, and then another one of my drugs made it so i have an invisible vote on myself today so i'm at 1 vote currently
              And was given by Curry

              Originally posted by Curry and Rice
              -Injection C prevents roleblocking or any other affects. I gave this to Vendetta because I figured that if there was a roleblocker, he'd be a primary target. Last night, I also gave one to Storn so he'd be able to give it back to me (and I want it for good reason).
              And it seems like storn has one... which means...

              ...

              Hmm...


              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
              Had a very shiny nose
              And if you ever saw it
              You could even say it glows

              All of the other Snivies
              Used to laugh and call him names
              They never let poor Charu
              Join in any Snivy games

              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #1222
                Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                Do you guys think maybe that injection also clears the "painted" effect?

                Oh boy.. just what we need, more things to ponder, lmao.


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • Charu
                  Snivy! Dohoho!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 6207

                  #1223
                  Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                  I'm also thinking since no one is mentioning drugs this entire phase, I'm gonna guess that TPS was the drug guy, which means... he probably had "something" to paint with.


                  Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                  Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                  Had a very shiny nose
                  And if you ever saw it
                  You could even say it glows

                  All of the other Snivies
                  Used to laugh and call him names
                  They never let poor Charu
                  Join in any Snivy games

                  (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                  Comment

                  • Charu
                    Snivy! Dohoho!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 6207

                    #1224
                    Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                    Y'know what, yeah, that sounds right.

                    Can't verify it, but I like this theory a lot better than the one-shot being a thing.


                    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                    Had a very shiny nose
                    And if you ever saw it
                    You could even say it glows

                    All of the other Snivies
                    Used to laugh and call him names
                    They never let poor Charu
                    Join in any Snivy games

                    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                    Comment

                    • Charu
                      Snivy! Dohoho!
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 6207

                      #1225
                      Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                      But wait, let me look at Zenith's post saying where he got painted.


                      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                      Had a very shiny nose
                      And if you ever saw it
                      You could even say it glows

                      All of the other Snivies
                      Used to laugh and call him names
                      They never let poor Charu
                      Join in any Snivy games

                      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #1226
                        Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by _Zenith_
                        I got painted as well on this day which is why I mentioned there being a wolf-aligned tampering role.
                        There it is.

                        No mention of drugs, hmm...


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • _Zenith_
                          Accuracy Player
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 4629

                          #1227
                          Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                          I guess I have to sit here and listen to what Tokzic has to say on the matter.





                          Comment

                          • _Zenith_
                            Accuracy Player
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 4629

                            #1228
                            Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by Charu
                            There it is.

                            No mention of drugs, hmm...
                            I had an item and I sent it away, if you are looking for that.





                            Comment

                            • Vendetta21
                              Sectional Moderator
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 2745

                              #1229
                              Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                              Storn red, who care

                              Comment

                              • Charu
                                Snivy! Dohoho!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 6207

                                #1230
                                Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                                Alright, let me just write down this so I can think.

                                Zenith said he got painted Night One, when the Day Phase happened, RB said Tokzic was Red.

                                He got modkilled because he showed his PM.

                                That strongly suggests that Tokzic is indeed red.

                                But Tokzic claims he's not red (obvioisly) and outs a role I didn't understand at first and thought was shady. I now think it's actually beneficial for humans, lmao.

                                Curry then reveals he's a drug guy, and we learn from V that there seems to be another drug guy that's red. But it looks like there was only one report of the negative drug because no one else mentioned anything of the sort that phase.

                                Zenith starts attacking TPS at the end of the day due to his supposed "Track" on him, which I can't see him faking from what I've see thus far from him.

                                TPS then must be the drug guy because this phase no one has mentioned any sort of drugs whatsoever and he got lynched. The only people who have not spoken is Manti and Mellon, so the chance is still there, but it's pretty much a mystery.

                                Curry died... but idk if Tokzic tried to protect, can't really tell since he mentioned he has a 50% of it not working.

                                But wait...

                                Why would the wolves gamble on that 50% chance?

                                Hmm...

                                Because Curry had a power that could blow the game up, yes, that's one conclusion. Maybe it was a gambit they were willing to risk with that 50% odd.

                                Still though...

                                ...

                                But the painting though and that red seering from Red Blaster...

                                This is the thing that makes no sense to me. Both Tokzic and Zenith are showing town motives, but one has said the seering is wrong and one has said they got painted.

                                So it's like... what is even happening?

                                Let me dwevle into the early game.

                                There...

                                Originally posted by Red Blaster
                                My role loses it's power on black affinity, can we not
                                This post, maybe the wolves say this and applied "something" to have him get an incorrect seer result?


                                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                                Had a very shiny nose
                                And if you ever saw it
                                You could even say it glows

                                All of the other Snivies
                                Used to laugh and call him names
                                They never let poor Charu
                                Join in any Snivy games

                                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                                Comment

                                Working...