TWG CVI: United Nations

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TWG France
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2014
    • 62

    #421
    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

    Originally posted by TWG Russia
    Canada was cleared by Spain (Which was Confirmed Seer) so whoever voted for Canada is most likely a wolf which is why they wont own up to it.
    While I will admit that this is very likely, there's a small chance that this might not be the case. You seem to be taking this from a post Spain made regarding the fact that they were not suspicious of Canada, so I direct you to the post they made regarding not assuming that confirmed role's guesses are infallible.

    Comment

    • TWG France
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2014
      • 62

      #422
      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

      Brazil, Japan, England, India and (I think?) Egypt are the only nations not to have chimed in regarding the Canada kill, so the killer could be in this list possibly? If not, I would stake the game on the idea that Mexico made it to try and set me up.

      Comment

      • TWG Russia
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2014
        • 18

        #423
        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

        Originally posted by TWG Germany
        While I can see the side that it was probably a wolf to place the guess, can you explain the first part? Seer happens in night phase, but Spain was also killed in night phase. So when was Canada being clear released? Unless I'm just misunderstanding the order in which these actions resolve.
        Ok, going back and re-reading things, the only post that sticks out is this one.

        Originally posted by TWG Spain
        U.S., Canada has been starting pushes where it would not be necessary for a terrorist to start new pushes. The Israel lynch likely would have gone through had Canada not started a new trend with a real vote. As soon as the China train picked up stream, Canada went after me. I believe Canada is calling it as he/she is seeing it. The 'a terr orist wouldn't do this' talk isn't role specific.

        Canada, it depends what you mean by 'cautious'. I think the votes should have been more decisive by now. However, being reckless is not advisable.
        My mistake, I guess this is the post i was referring to, so i guess i might have spoke a little too soon. I thought there was another post that fit but i guess I'm mis-remembering things, should have double-checked before making the claim.

        Originally posted by TWG France
        I like how everyone has forgotten about Brazil. Its not wolfy or anything, from what I can tell, but people are just naming like England and Japan as nations they'd like to hear more from, neglecting Brazil. Anyways, I'm with Germany, when/how was Canada cleared?
        Oops, Yeah I'd definitely like to see more out of Brazil as well. Forgot they existed for a sec.

        Comment

        • TWG Egypt
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2014
          • 83

          #424
          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

          Just hopped on my computer now to read that Canada was killed. Damn.

          This was definitely done by a wolf. Canada was definitely one of the more helpful players in the bunch, and I don't see how a townie would have been dumb enough to kill him/her off. No one voiced any strong suspicions on Canada, at least since the last time I've read. Maybe something happened while I was gone?

          Anyway, I'm going to look back through everyone's posts and type up a longer response now.

          Comment

          • TWG England
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2014
            • 16

            #425
            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

            It's pretty clear that it was a wolf that killed Canada; that's not very hard to figure out. What boggles me is why a wolf would kill Canada NOW, on Day 2, and thus have the entire playerlist hunting them. Only someone who really needed or wanted to see Canada dead would do that.

            Comment

            • TWG United States
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2014
              • 114

              #426
              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

              Back but need to run out again so only going to touch on a few things. There were a few people that mentioned some things about Canada I don't recall who was the first. I did mention them myself because I felt their posting was a bit off but I didn't have a strong wolf read on them or anything.
              I don't think there's much point on saying that it was a wolf that killed Canada, it was likely it was but in this game anything can happen.
              I know I keep saying it and maybe I'm beating a dead horse here but I really want to hear from the more quiet nations on things. England I'm glad to see you here and hope you keep posting more. I want to see more from Brazil and I think it was India that came in and made a that sucks type post and hasn't said anything else today. Japan hasn't bothered to try and defend themselves either. I haven't seen their name popping up on the bottom either but I do generally see several guests viewing which makes me wonder if some of the more inactive nations are in those guests.

              Comment

              • TWG Egypt
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2014
                • 83

                #427
                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                So Mexico decides to provide some input right after I called 'em out for it?
                Okay then, here goes-

                Originally posted by TWG Mexico
                OK, I decided to re-read the thread twice with the new developments in mind. Two nations stood out to me.

                First of all, United States. It seems to me that it tries way too much to lead where discussion is going. I tried finding some quotes, but it is a matter of context more than anything else. Seriously, go read the thread and pause on each US post and most of them will be about dragging the conversation in some direction or another.
                You're starting to look fishy to me here. For one, I disagree with your US read. At first I was a bit wary when he/she kept on posting about how shocking the South Korea kill was, but the way he/she defended his posts and then actually provided a guess for who he/she thought South Korea was made me feel like the US is more of a human who just got kicked into a corner by the other countries.

                Originally posted by TWG Mexico
                Then, there is France. It seems to be jumping left and right, like a dog on a leash. It sounds to me like it is a newer player that tries to play its own way, but then gets restricted by its partner and is forced to do as they say. Then, there is the:

                Maybe if we don't talk, the wolves will forget what they do and wolf one of their own? Seriously, not talking will not change the fact that a human will die. Especially when a blue came out to the thread. Who will it help though? The wolves.

                Go read the thread again and keep in mind what I said about those two. Until then, I'll vote for the United States.
                I did disagree with France's suggestion, but that post didn't come off as wolfy to me either. At this point, it looks like you're pulling out BS to make it look like you're trying. I'm not buying it.

                Originally posted by TWG Mexico
                I may or may not be aware of the past few games. What I already said is that being active does not correlate with being human. If it was, it would be easy for wolf to appear human. They would just be active.

                If there is anything to take of the fact that the past games have had UTR wolves, it would be that the active people this game might be more likely to be wolves.
                I was just nodding and then once I read the bold part...
                Let's not exclusively go against people who are actually generating discussion. More discussion=more evidence. I want evidence.

                Originally posted by TWG Mexico
                If you are sure of your guess, it is not a risk. And the same can be said for humans. It is not safe for any party to guess an identity.

                And yes you stay for 5 minutes on the list. Which is not enough for you to say you were AFK. I saw you continuously on the users list.

                Let's put it this way then:
                IF SOMEONE KILLED CANADA, SPEAK UP SOON TO CLEAR USA.

                If nobody comes out, it means a wolf made it. And I am pretty sure in saying USA did it.

                In any case, I got to go to work now. I'll try to post during my lunch break.

                NO, the United States DID NOT KILL CANADA.

                The United States made posts before about how he was suspicious of Canada. Would the US really go out and kill Canada then? Wouldn't that just give more attention to the US? Did the US have to post any suspicions at all if he/she was going to kill off Canada anyway?

                Ask yourself, does it actually look like the United States would have been the person to do this? Because it really doesn't look that way to me.

                Comment

                • TWG England
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 16

                  #428
                  Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                  Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and vote for Mexico.

                  I personally semi-agree with France-while I don't believe that Mexico was explicitly targeting France, it seems as though he just aimed for the first person to post after Canada was destroyed, and this would be nearly impossible if he himself was not the person that destroyed Canada.

                  Also, he's been ridiculously tunnel-visioning the US this entire day. Every one of his Day 2 posts has been specifically aimed at the US, barring the one he pointed at France for "killing" Canada. Also note that he swapped his suspicion of the Canada kill from France to the USA after one post, without even so much as an explanation, and immediately posted a passive-aggressive statement about the USA killing Canada. Plus he's making REALLY big leaps in logic--supposedly lying about being away (which really wouldn't be any sort of benefit, particularly when half the playerlist is invisible) does not immediately assume he was the killer, not to mention I don't really believe he maliciously lied about that in the first place.

                  All in all, I believe Mexico killed Canada and is trying to pass the blame onto anyone he can find.

                  Comment

                  • TWG Egypt
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2014
                    • 83

                    #429
                    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                    While Mexico is fishy, I don't believe he/she's responsible for Canada's death, either. It's probably one of the nations who invisibly viewed the thread at the time Canada was killed. It would be detrimental to be seen viewing the thread at the time the lynch was announced, and the nation must have known this.

                    That means that interrogating people to figure out who killed Canada is essentially pointless.

                    Also, since Canada is dead now, it's very important to get every nation talking here. So really, Japan and Brazil...
                    And probably India too, because a post lamenting the start of this day is not good enough.

                    Comment

                    • TWG Brazil
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 11

                      #430
                      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                      Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been around, just haven't been home. I'm going to be going out for a surprise double birthday dinner in literally 2 minutes, but when I get back I'll reread anything I miss. I've gotten a chance to read everything so far, but I'd have to go back again and check who said what/what was said before I start trying to make conversation.

                      I promise that I will post later today when I get back.

                      Comment

                      • TWG India
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2014
                        • 19

                        #431
                        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                        Originally posted by TWG France
                        I like how everyone has forgotten about Brazil. Its not wolfy or anything, from what I can tell, but people are just naming like England and Japan as nations they'd like to hear more from, neglecting Brazil. Anyways, I'm with Germany, when/how was Canada cleared?
                        If Brazil is not posting often enough wouldn't it be harder to get a read on their position? I feel as if you may be jumping the gun a tad bit. I am curious who killed off Canada as well. But let us face the facts, the chances of them revealing themselves are slim if not zero. I feel as if wasting time on this won't serve a purpose. I do however, see France as suspicious given how they're posting, especially being a big accuser here. Trying to frame the Canada kill on people who weren't viewing the thread and claiming a setup on top of that is a bit out there to me.

                        Comment

                        • TWG France
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2014
                          • 62

                          #432
                          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                          I'm not framing anyone, as anyone with half a mind would notice...

                          Anyways, I was gonna propose a plan to ignore people that hadn't posted today, but seeing as how everyone but Japan (at least I think its just Japan) has posted today, there's not really any need. I guess you are right though, and the killer isn't going to reveal themselves unless its somehow Japan and they haven't gotten around to posting.

                          I've gotta run out, but I'll post my full list of reads when I get back.

                          Comment

                          • TWG India
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 19

                            #433
                            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                            Originally posted by TWG France
                            I've gotta run out, but I'll post my full list of reads when I get back.
                            We await your return, merely for the list though. It'll be entertaining to see things from your perspective.

                            Comment

                            • TWG France
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2014
                              • 62

                              #434
                              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                              alright, gonna start typing up the post now, give it some time though.

                              Comment

                              • TWG India
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2014
                                • 19

                                #435
                                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                                I look forward to it.

                                Comment

                                Working...