TWG CVI: United Nations

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TWG India
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2014
    • 19

    #526
    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

    Originally posted by TWG Russia
    I'm with Egypt here, if you had anything concrete that placed them as a wolf, it would have been nice to share it.
    As you said, if I had anything concrete. I did not have any solid evidence other than a suspicion of his actions.

    Comment

    • TWG Germany
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2014
      • 27

      #527
      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

      Originally posted by TWG India
      As you said, if I had anything concrete. I did not have any solid evidence other than a suspicion of his actions.
      If you get a hunch, you post in here, that way others can keep an eye out and its able to be built on to get something nore than a hunch. When did you start having these suspicions? You couldve saved us the trouble of having to deal with france recently and mexico couldve vigi`d another wolf.

      Comment

      • TWG Russia
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2014
        • 18

        #528
        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

        So far after re-reading the thread, the only nation in the thread that just screams human to me is Egypt, although the more Germany posts, the more human vibe I'm getting from them. That being said here are my thoughts:

        England hasn't really posted enough to sway one way or the other so I cant really read them either way, however both Egypt and Germany, who both look fairly human to me. My gut feeling says that either Germany + England or Egypt + England are a mason pair but i don't really have anything to go on there. I still would like to see more input out of England, so far they're one the nations with the lowest activity.

        Iran: ???
        Brazil: ??? - These 3 nation's aren't really active enough to say one way or the other,
        India: ??? but chances are there is at least 1 wolf here.

        Japan/Sweden: ??? - I was pretty sure that this was a wolf initially but I'm not entirely sure if the whole "Inactivity" thing should invalidate these claims. Personally, gut feeling still says wolf, but I'll give them a chance to go through the thread and give their input on things and participate in discussion.

        Looking at United States under the same Lens as i would France, Lots of banter between the two early on and the fact they also seemed to bandwagon similarly seems pretty suspicious. It would make sense for them to agree/disagree to some extent if United States turns out to be Master Wolf, and Its certainly possible that France killed off Canada in order to cause suspicion to switch to the US/Mexico. France needed the Head wolf dead. Also the whole thing with US trying to push for a "leader" seems a little fishy, because something like that seems like it would only benefit the master wolf. I'll also repeat something that i said earlier in the thread: High post counts to me feel just as suspicious as lower post counts, Its just another way of trying to go UTR imo.

        TLDR: Current Opinions:

        US: Probable its a wolf, gut says Master Wolf.
        Sweden (Japan): I'm still leaning towards wolf, maybe 60%?

        Iran/Brazil/India: One or Two of these are probably a wolf. At least one of these is Green/Blue.

        Egypt, Germany, England, and Russia (Myself) are Green/Blue.


        These are subject to change, The results of tonight will be interesting to say the least. Depending on who gets lynched, It might force me to have to re look at things yet again. If i end up biting the bullet tonight, hopefully when my role is confirmed as a non-wolf it'll force others to re-think things too.

        Comment

        • TWG United States
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2014
          • 114

          #529
          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

          Originally posted by TWG Russia
          Looking at United States under the same Lens as i would France, Lots of banter between the two early on and the fact they also seemed to bandwagon similarly seems pretty suspicious. It would make sense for them to agree/disagree to some extent if United States turns out to be Master Wolf, and Its certainly possible that France killed off Canada in order to cause suspicion to switch to the US/Mexico. France needed the Head wolf dead. Also the whole thing with US trying to push for a "leader" seems a little fishy, because something like that seems like it would only benefit the master wolf. I'll also repeat something that i said earlier in the thread: High post counts to me feel just as suspicious as lower post counts, Its just another way of trying to go UTR imo.
          France jumped around and bantered with a lot of people in this so far. As per the bandwagon part, they kept latching on to things I did early on, not the other way around. Keep that in mind.

          I bolded your section about a leader because it was not me who pushed for a leader, in fact I was the one that first said it was suspicious to push for a leader.
          Originally posted by TWG Canada
          This is a very valid point. Because Spain has come out as the seer, wolves pretty much will instantly go for them. The thing I said earlier about potentially influencing wolf decisions is moot now.

          I have a question, do you all think we need a leader right now?
          My response
          Originally posted by TWG United States
          I don't know if we need a leader so much as we just need to engage in better discussions with one another. It felt as though everyone was pretty all over the place during this first day. I think that there should be some discussion prior to making a guess on a person, or we need to start avoiding taking these guesses for now. So far it's only hurt us.
          Originally posted by TWG United States
          If you're going to get on me about steering conversation you should be on canada as well. Pressuring me about who I thought someone was, avoiding being asked why, going on about what the wolves will or will not do,etc. Then not less asking is we need a leader. I still don't get a good vibe, but that's just me.
          The bold is supposed to be "then no less asking if we need a leader" which if you go back you'll see I had made another post to correct.


          People really need to start being more careful in pointing things out. This is only going to hurt us if we keep saying this person did something when it was really a different person. This isn't the first correction I've made.

          Comment

          • TWG Egypt
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2014
            • 83

            #530
            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

            Okay, I'm back and calmer now.

            Anyway, here's what I came up with-

            1) I'm going to back off of Germany. Would a wolf behave as suspiciously as Germany did but then call out a wolf and participate in a scheme that actually fooled a few of us? I doubt it.

            Germany's posts come off as human as well, save for the first couple.

            2) I feel pretty good about India being a wolf. I should have followed that feeling I had at the beginning of the game...

            3) I jumped the gun on Sweden. Yeah, Japan implied that Sweden's green, but can we really trust Japan? We should stay safe and keep Sweden at null then judge Sweden off of future posts. Basically, what Russia said.

            Anyway, either Sweden or Italy's a wolf. I doubt France didn't post even one of the wolves as suspicious.
            Maybe they're both wolves, too. Who knows?

            4) I also really can't find anything up with Russia. Russia seemed human to me before, and it's somehow staying the same now.

            But I don't think we should classify Russia as a wolf just yet. Still suspicious because of France though, but there's always the possibility that France may have fooled Russia to gain human allies.

            5) I don't know what to make of India's recent posts. Iran pointed out that India may just be messing up, though. Maybe that's the case, but what were those posts? India, you were supposed to tell us when you were suspicious of someone, especially since you have barely provided any useful posts this entire game. Even the US and Russia said they were suspicious of Canada due to a gut feeling, and that concern wasn't bashed/ignored.

            India's situation's like a thing Italy said before about France, something along the lines of, "Too wolfy to be wolfy."
            Except France was actually a wolf... Eh.

            Anyway, my potential wolves list looks like this:
            India
            Italy
            Russia
            Sweden
            Brazil

            The higher the name, the more suspicious they are.

            And to Russia's posts-

            Originally posted by TWG Russia
            Looking at United States under the same Lens as i would France, Lots of banter between the two early on and the fact they also seemed to bandwagon similarly seems pretty suspicious. It would make sense for them to agree/disagree to some extent if United States turns out to be Master Wolf, and Its certainly possible that France killed off Canada in order to cause suspicion to switch to the US/Mexico. France needed the Head wolf dead.
            Oh... Now this makes some sense. France might have treated the head terrorist nation differently than any other green/red nation.
            I should probably reread the entire thread sometime, though I don't think the US is red right now.

            Oh, but didn't people also say that if Mexico wasn't red, then the United States would have to be reevaluated? Since Mexico (a confirmed blue role now) was suspicious of the US, we should at least give these suspicions some merit, especially since Mexico's the reason why France was destroyed.

            Originally posted by TWG Russia
            Also the whole thing with US trying to push for a "leader" seems a little fishy, because something like that seems like it would only benefit the master wolf. I'll also repeat something that i said earlier in the thread: High post counts to me feel just as suspicious as lower post counts, Its just another way of trying to go UTR imo.
            I was going to point out that Canada said that, but I've looked through the most recent posts and noticed that the US has already corrected you.

            Comment

            • TWG United States
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2014
              • 114

              #531
              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

              Originally posted by TWG Egypt
              Okay, I'm back and calmer now.

              Anyway, here's what I came up with-

              1) I'm going to back off of Germany. Would a wolf behave as suspiciously as Germany did but then call out a wolf and participate in a scheme that actually fooled a few of us? I doubt it.

              Germany's posts come off as human as well, save for the first couple.

              2) I feel pretty good about India being a wolf. I should have followed that feeling I had at the beginning of the game...

              3) I jumped the gun on Sweden. Yeah, Japan implied that Sweden's green, but can we really trust Japan? We should stay safe and keep Sweden at null then judge Sweden off of future posts. Basically, what Russia said.

              Anyway, either Sweden or Italy's a wolf. I doubt France didn't post even one of the wolves as suspicious.
              Maybe they're both wolves, too. Who knows?

              4) I also really can't find anything up with Russia. Russia seemed human to me before, and it's somehow staying the same now.

              But I don't think we should classify Russia as a wolf just yet. Still suspicious because of France though, but there's always the possibility that France may have fooled Russia to gain human allies.

              5) I don't know what to make of India's recent posts. Iran pointed out that India may just be messing up, though. Maybe that's the case, but what were those posts? India, you were supposed to tell us when you were suspicious of someone, especially since you have barely provided any useful posts this entire game. Even the US and Russia said they were suspicious of Canada due to a gut feeling, and that concern wasn't bashed/ignored.

              India's situation's like a thing Italy said before about France, something along the lines of, "Too wolfy to be wolfy."
              Except France was actually a wolf... Eh.

              Anyway, my potential wolves list looks like this:
              India
              Italy
              Russia
              Sweden
              Brazil

              The higher the name, the more suspicious they are.
              India has definitely shot up my list a good bit as well, not saying anything at all about a suspect doesn't make much sense. On the flipside though, admitting to it after the person was found to be a wolf is an odd play. That's something that's going to draw attention.
              Italy I wish we could hear more from before making a decision on, but they don't seem to come in here often. The comment you brought up after someone flipping red does seem odd. Like a way to get the attention of his buddy.
              I noted things that looked weird to me with Russia before and stand by those. But now that they're contributing their own thoughts rather than just using France's I'd like to see where it goes.
              Sweden all we really have to go off of right now is Japan, I think we'll have to see what they have to say in the next few days.
              Brazil I'm really thinking they're a green that has just been busy. Hopefully they can find some more time in the upcoming days.

              Originally posted by TWG Egypt
              And to Russia's posts-
              Oh... Now this makes some sense. France might have treated the head terrorist nation differently than any other green/red nation.
              I should probably reread the entire thread sometime, though I don't think the US is red right now.
              France would likely treat the head terrorist nation differently than other terrorist nations but how much did France ping pong around? They were constantly changing votes, changing who they were suspicious of. Jumping on Germany, claiming they could go ahead and kill them, then saying no they're human. They were on and off so many people. I think they made wolfy claims about most people. I'd have to go back and grab/check posts but they had a lot of them so that's a project for the morning.

              Originally posted by TWG Egypt
              Oh, but didn't people also say that if Mexico wasn't red, then the United States would have to be reevaluated? Since Mexico (a confirmed blue role now) was suspicious of the US, we should at least give these suspicions some merit, especially since Mexico's the reason why France was destroyed.
              The people that said if Mexico wasn't red that I would need to be reevaluated were France and Russia. Starting to notice a pattern here? Mexico was really zero'd in on me, the fact that they killed France over me I think should be kept in mind. I think it odd that France hard pressed on several other people other than myself, yet Russia is only looking to me when it comes to anything to do with France. So either Russia is being lazy and not bothering to consider all possibilities, or they're a wolf trying to direct the heat at me.

              Comment

              • TWG United States
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2014
                • 114

                #532
                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                Going to be heading off now I'm exhausted. I am going to be out for a while tomorrow so I'm not sure how much I'll be posting. I'll try to pop in during the morning before I leave and then of course I'll be on whenever I get back.

                England, Italy, Brazil - Really hoping to see some more from you guys. You all have been fairly quiet this game.

                Comment

                • TWG Egypt
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 83

                  #533
                  Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                  I read through the whole thread and survived.

                  Oh yikes, France. I shouldn't have let 'em off the hook with that defensive China vote post. My bad. In retrospect, that was an obvious wolf tell.

                  I also write weird when I'm tired. I'm tired now. Oh boy...

                  Originally posted by TWG United States

                  France would likely treat the head terrorist nation differently than other terrorist nations but how much did France ping pong around? They were constantly changing votes, changing who they were suspicious of. Jumping on Germany, claiming they could go ahead and kill them, then saying no they're human. They were on and off so many people. I think they made wolfy claims about most people. I'd have to go back and grab/check posts but they had a lot of them so that's a project for the morning.
                  Just looked at that section about France's vote-hopping. Yeah, there's nothing I can gain from that. France was everywhere with everyone. Yikes.

                  Originally posted by TWG United States
                  The people that said if Mexico wasn't red that I would need to be reevaluated were France and Russia. Starting to notice a pattern here? Mexico was really zero'd in on me, the fact that they killed France over me I think should be kept in mind. I think it odd that France hard pressed on several other people other than myself, yet Russia is only looking to me when it comes to anything to do with France. So either Russia is being lazy and not bothering to consider all possibilities, or they're a wolf trying to direct the heat at me.
                  I'm behind other people reevaluating you, but you're looking pretty safe to me. I don't see a pattern though with Russia and France. The point was legitimate, and I understand why Russia would want you reconsidered if Mexico were not red.

                  I'm also starting to think Mexico didn't respond later on because he/she was okay with being lynched. Lynching the vengeful nation, while not as good as killing a wolf, is better than killing any other blue/green role. I feel that Mexico's move is the only reason why we still have somewhat of a shot in this game. I also believe that Mexico might have been keeping up with this thread and wasn't as suspicious of the United States as we thought, so I agree with the US.
                  --
                  I'll be off now. Good night.

                  Comment

                  • TWG United States
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2014
                    • 114

                    #534
                    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                    Originally posted by TWG Egypt
                    I'm behind other people reevaluating you, but you're looking pretty safe to me. I don't see a pattern though with Russia and France. The point was legitimate, and I understand why Russia would want you reconsidered if Mexico were not red.
                    Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I don't like that the point was made by a wolf then Russia agreed with him. It sort of feels like they wanted to make sure that no attention went to France upon another nation's death. I'm not currently on a let's lynch Russia kick or anything, I just want to keep an eye out after what just happened.

                    I'm going to be heading out in a few. I'm not really sure how long I'm going to be gone today. I'll try to look into more on the other nations when I get back.

                    Comment

                    • TWG Egypt
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 83

                      #535
                      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                      Originally posted by TWG United States
                      Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I don't like that the point was made by a wolf then Russia agreed with him. It sort of feels like they wanted to make sure that no attention went to France upon another nation's death. I'm not currently on a let's lynch Russia kick or anything, I just want to keep an eye out after what just happened.
                      Okay. My gut is telling me that Russia is human though. You'd think that France would try to distance from a wolf buddy in case France died. Russia and France were too buddy-buddy with each other. I don't get why two wolves would do that.

                      I also re-looked at this post, and I think we should take these into account after Iran posted valid reasons to not be behind a Mexico lynch.

                      Originally posted by TWG Iran
                      I'll adress the points of divergence then. That seems productive.

                      India- Look at India's post history, their day 1 play is 8 posts and none of it any more then attempted humor banter. IIRC they didn't even place a vote D1. If you're a human, you're stupid because we need to kill wolves and as bad a chance of killing a wolf we have d1 we need to take it. If you're a wolf this is also odd play because you stick out like a sore thumb for trying to stay away from making enemies. It just seems like a player who isn't playing much attention. I really just want to see more posts from India that provide us insight on their perspective. All I see now is agreement and lazy play.
                      Kinda pointed this out before, and I agree wtih it. India looks like such a wolf that it almost looks too easy. India's still at the top of my suspicions list, but I think we should wait before placing votes on him/her.


                      Originally posted by TWG Iran
                      Italy - these two posts come off humany to me. The good intentioned part comes from multiple posts saying it's dumb for a wolf to namekill because of the risk. (conversly I could see this as double talk and Italy being the wolf doing all the namekilling but thats a wide angle for now)


                      Pissed in general after a blue died (SK) I think this is more human pissed that we lost a blue then wolf pissed that one of his teammates took a shot at killing a human. I don't know if I see a wolf making this post.

                      This is extremely similar to my read on Germany. Yes i'm giving germany a temp pass, but it's so close to my read we have to be coming from similar perspectives. It's usually kinda hardfor a wolf to duplicate a human's perspective.
                      This is also fair, but Italy may just be posting that way to look human. Odds are, there's going to be a human out there who agrees with a wolf's perspective. Again though, Italy's been nowhere, and we shouldn't go after them just yet either- you know, unless you want another Mexico lynch.

                      That leaves me with
                      Russia (leaning toward human)
                      Sweden (null)
                      Brazil (I saw Brazil lurking earlier. Are you just a wolf who's smug with the fact that many people think you're green? Afraid of messing up?)

                      I'm also still standing by the fact that there is AT LEAST one wolf in the Italy and Sweden pair. I'm nearly certain of this, so maybe going hardcore on Sweden tomorrow may be in our best interest.

                      Same goes for Italy if they happen to pop up.

                      Russia's post also looks helpful when thinking about people we should go for tomorrow, so I'll repost it.

                      Originally posted by TWG Russia

                      Iran: ???
                      Brazil: ??? - These 3 nation's aren't really active enough to say one way or the other,
                      India: ??? but chances are there is at least 1 wolf here.

                      Comment

                      • TWG United States
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2014
                        • 114

                        #536
                        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                        I don't know if France would have distanced himself from other wolves, his play style was pretty erratic. I'm fine on not pursuing anything with Russia right now anyway, I'm just noting anything that seems odd.

                        Originally posted by TWG Italy
                        almost too wolfy of a post to be wolfy.
                        This was said about France so I wouldn't necessarily say that sticking out means they're not a wolf. So when it comes to India they are not off the hook with me. They still haven't really bothered to contribute anything to the discussion. We'll see what happens with their posting in the upcoming day phase.

                        I have my suspicions about Sweden because of the whole Japan thing but I do want them to talk. It would be nice to have more information to go on other than well Japan was pretty much inactive and made random votes. I'm hoping in the next day phase this will be someone else we get the chance to see a lot more from.

                        Brazil I was hanging on them actually being a busy human but if they're going to keep lurking the thread and not posting then I feel maybe you're right. I noticed them lurking too. Even a small contribution would be better than nothing.

                        Comment

                        • TWG United States
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2014
                          • 114

                          #537
                          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                          Just realized we keep leaving England out. I need to look at their posts again but if I remember it was Iran that wanted to kill England. I'll have to see what's been said about England again as well.

                          Comment

                          • TWG Brazil
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 11

                            #538
                            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                            I'm going to be replaced. My absence is hurting the game more than it is helping. I don't want that. Apologies.

                            Comment

                            • TWG Italy
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2014
                              • 16

                              #539
                              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                              Originally posted by TWG Brazil
                              I'm going to be replaced. My absence is hurting the game more than it is helping. I don't want that. Apologies.
                              Is it bad that my first thought was "The new wolf meta-tactic".

                              Germany is still up on my list. Too clean, too clean.

                              Comment

                              • TWG United States
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2014
                                • 114

                                #540
                                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                                I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with the replacement now. I think I'm going to have to go back and re-evaluate everyone that's left.

                                Comment

                                Working...