TWG CVI: United Nations

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TWG United States
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2014
    • 114

    #571
    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

    Grabbed Iran's reads so we can look at them.


    Originally posted by TWG Iran
    My country would really like to hear more from Germany and England. As of right now I could see myself lynching any of them for lack of effort, despite promises of better effort. Germany's day 1 play when boiled down looks like inactivity untill being called out and then just a defensive. There was no effort at all to find the terrorists. Very similarly with england

    I'm also working under a theory that Germany was unhappy with several of his teammates, and may have used this post:



    To attempt to galvanize Japan to post (maybe a wolf teamate who was falling under the hammer).
    This was really early on before Germany started to really get posting. I'm not sure if it's relevant now.

    Originally posted by TWG Iran
    Eh I don't know how I feel about some of the players in this game right now. So I'll try to put together a thought process process of elimination post" Warning, Kinda long.


    Opening Assumptions:

    1.TWG Brazil
    4.TWG Sweden - Based off of japan's out post probably human. I'm not sure a wolf would do this?
    5.TWG Germany
    6.TWG Italy
    8.TWG India
    10.TWG England
    11.TWG France
    12.TWG Mexico - I kinda think Mexico's being bandwagoned. Like you guys just took my word for it that I didn't kill Canada (I didn't, but I wasn't even considered an option). That seems weird.
    13.TWG Russia - Trying to form an opinion
    14.TWG United States - Human I guess pretty active and leading searches/discussion
    19.TWG Egypt - Human
    20.TWG Iran - Human


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So I feel pretty good about those reads. Lets narow it down:


    1. TWG Brazil
    5.TWG Germany
    6.TWG Italy
    8.TWG India
    10.TWG England
    11.TWG France
    12.TWG Mexico - I kinda think Mexico's being bandwagoned. Like you guys just took my word for it that I didn't kill Canada (I didn't, but I wasn't even considered an option). That seems weird.
    13.TWG Russia - Trying to form an opinion

    There should be 4 wolves in here. For the moment I'll trust France's read on Germany, but doing so removes france from the pile (unless the pair is w/w or france is the w in a w/h pair)


    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That leaves my reads at:

    1. TWG Brazil
    6.TWG Italy
    8.TWG India
    10.TWG England
    12.TWG Mexico - I kinda think Mexico's being bandwagoned. Like you guys just took my word for it that I didn't kill Canada (I didn't, but I wasn't even considered an option). That seems weird.
    13.TWG Russia - Trying to form an opinion

    I don't know If I see 4 wolves in this pile. I kinda think India is just dumb. I feel like Italy is good intentioned, and his reads are similar to mine.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If I take those out I'm left with

    1. TWG Brazil
    10.TWG England
    12.TWG Mexico - I kinda think Mexico's being bandwagoned. Like you guys just took my word for it that I didn't kill Canada (I didn't, but I wasn't even considered an option). That seems weird.
    13.TWG Russia - Trying to form an opinion

    These are my current 4 wolves, but I'm not confident on Mexico/Russia at all. I do have good feelings on Brazil and England though.
    Well we know how Mexico turned out but I guess it would be good to think about these others in here.

    Originally posted by TWG Iran
    I'll adress the points of divergence then. That seems productive.

    India- Look at India's post history, their day 1 play is 8 posts and none of it any more then attempted humor banter. IIRC they didn't even place a vote D1. If you're a human, you're stupid because we need to kill wolves and as bad a chance of killing a wolf we have d1 we need to take it. If you're a wolf this is also odd play because you stick out like a sore thumb for trying to stay away from making enemies. It just seems like a player who isn't playing much attention. I really just want to see more posts from India that provide us insight on their perspective. All I see now is agreement and lazy play.

    Italy - these two posts come off humany to me. The good intentioned part comes from multiple posts saying it's dumb for a wolf to namekill because of the risk. (conversly I could see this as double talk and Italy being the wolf doing all the namekilling but thats a wide angle for now)


    Pissed in general after a blue died (SK) I think this is more human pissed that we lost a blue then wolf pissed that one of his teammates took a shot at killing a human. I don't know if I see a wolf making this post.



    This is extremely similar to my read on Germany. Yes i'm giving germany a temp pass, but it's so close to my read we have to be coming from similar perspectives. It's usually kinda hardfor a wolf to duplicate a human's perspective.

    Mexico - I just feel like Canada's death is being blamed on mexico, despite us not having any proof who did it, or when the kill was sent in Just because Canada died when Mex/me/usa/france was in the thread, doesn't mean thats one of the people who killed canada. Mexico had the worst reaction/approach to it I guess, but even if he did post on his lunchbreak, what would he defend against? the evidence built against mexico is built on faulty logic imo.

    Brazil made it to the bottom of my list through process of elimination. Most people build their lists from the bottom up going "Who do I think the wolves are". I think sometimes it's helpful to build it the other way and go "Who am I really confident is a human" and build it in reverse. It helps to see the plyers you have bad/no reads on.
    There are some good points in there.


    I'm not sure if it was that Iran was on to a wolf that they were killed or what. It's something to be considered. I want to see what everyone else has to say on this subject though.

    Comment

    • TWG England
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2014
      • 16

      #572
      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

      Alright, so. Iran was killed, and I really wasn't expecting that. Why would the wolves have wanted to kill Iran? The most logical explanation is because he was seen as a threat, in which case we should take a glance at his wolf reads:

      Mexico-is dead
      Brazil-He seemed to read Brazil "I don't think anyone else is a wolf, but I still think he's probably a wolf", which doesn't seem like very good logic to me. I don't see how this would have been enough of a threat to warrant a kill.
      Russia-See Brazil, though even weaker of a read.
      England-Hoo boy, this is irritating to me. I'd be amazed if this didn't put me at the top of everyone's suspicion list. His read on me was "doesn't post much, therefore is wolf. also process of elimination." I've already expressed my contempt for the process of elimination system, which leaves my lack of posts. It's true. I don't post much. This is because I only feel it's in my best interest to post when I've got an insight that hasn't already been stated by everyone and their mother. I've noticed that posting what others have posted is considered even more wolfy than posting little to nothing. Why should I post if it's just going to get me in trouble? Better to save my posts for when they matter.

      In short, I think Iran's wolf reads were weak, not the kind that would get wolves scared. The only person who he seemed to have a grudge on was me. My conclusion, therefore, is that the wolves killed him to frame me as a wolf, expecting that people would point to my lack of posts as wolf evidence.

      Comment

      • TWG Egypt
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2014
        • 83

        #573
        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

        Hi, England. It's nice to see that you've dropped in now.

        As for your thoughts on the reads, I didn't really agree with that part of the post either save for Mexico (but we all know how that turned out).

        Anyway, we were urging you to post quite a bit. If you were keeping up, you could have just posted some insight, even if it you were just agreeing/disagreeing with what we were saying. Your lack of posting has actually made you look more wolfy than the people who were not posting original insight.

        I'd like to know who you're suspicious of now, as the only two people you were suspicious of (Mexico and Iran) are destroyed. Who do you think framed you?

        Comment

        • TWG Italy
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2014
          • 16

          #574
          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

          I guarantee that there is at least 1 wolf among the grouping of Germany, Egypt, and the US.

          I disagree with England's assumption towards why Iran died. I doubt they were a threat with the number of blues gone; to me, it was an attempt to get an easy kill that doesn't cause any issues and creates an information-less result for us to analyze. If the wolves are on the more active than less side, it would make good sense to eliminate anyone else who isn't controlling the flow of discussion.

          Comment

          • Xiz
            TWG Chaos
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2012
            • 3399

            #575
            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

            Due to a deadly case of the cooties, Russia has now been replaced with Finland

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #576
              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

              Current Vote-count (5 To Insta):

              Comment

              • TWG Russia
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2014
                • 18

                #577
                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                I didn't necessarily want to drop out but some unexpected IRL circumstances came up which might inhibit my ability to access this thread. I have alot going on, and even if i can sort out some of it, I'm was not going to be able to give my full attention to the thread. It was fun, and good luck to those remaining.

                Comment

                • TWG Egypt
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 83

                  #578
                  Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                  Good luck to you as well, Russia.
                  --
                  Anyway, we're going to have to start thinking about who we'd like to lynch today. I'd support an Italy lynch because I still think that either Italy or Sweden is a wolf. Considering we can't talk to Sweden, that's my next best bet.

                  But Italy did make a point that confused me:

                  Originally posted by TWG Italy
                  If the wolves are on the more active than less side, it would make good sense to eliminate anyone else who isn't controlling the flow of discussion.
                  Why would you think that the wolves are more on the active side? If so, I can see how that makes analyzing the Iran lynch insignificant, but being active in and of itself isn't wolfy to me.

                  We have to talk and generate some sort of discussion or else nothing will get done, and it's been said before that inactivity only helps the wolves. I'd rather talk and generate discussion than turn this game over to inactivity.

                  Comment

                  • TWG United States
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2014
                    • 114

                    #579
                    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                    Well I don't know what to do on all this replacement stuff. Anyone have any suggestions as to what we should do?

                    I'm still pretty much on India, England and Italy. The whole I'm not posting because I don't want to look wolfy thing isn't working for me out of England.

                    What do you think Egypt? You're most active right now.

                    Comment

                    • TWG United States
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 114

                      #580
                      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                      I got ninja'd again. I'm supportive of an Italy lynch, I don't really like the drops in, gives a few names without explanation and disappears again. Really I could go for any of the 3 I mentioned. I'm also open to hear out other suggestions but I don't feel like we're going to hear much from others at this point. A whole day has pretty much gone by.

                      Comment

                      • TWG Egypt
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2014
                        • 83

                        #581
                        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                        Sorry about that, US!

                        If that's the case, then we can wait until tomorrow to hear other people's opinions, but at least we're getting a general idea of who we'd like to lynch now.

                        Comment

                        • Xiz
                          TWG Chaos
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 3399

                          #582
                          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                          Due to a large mammoth killing everyone in Sweden, Scotland will be replacing Sweden.



                          For the love of god no more replacements please... seriously...

                          Comment

                          • TWG United States
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 114

                            #583
                            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                            Originally posted by TWG Egypt
                            Sorry about that, US!

                            If that's the case, then we can wait until tomorrow to hear other people's opinions, but at least we're getting a general idea of who we'd like to lynch now.
                            If we even get a lynch. We need at least 5 people to just vote in general if I'm not mistaken. Now Russia has been replaced and we haven't seen his replacement come in yet, I'm hoping England might get more involved, I see them lurking at the bottom. At this point in the game we need those less active to get active. Otherwise it's basically just you and me bouncing stuff back and forth with the occasional person popping in here or there.

                            Comment

                            • TWG United States
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2014
                              • 114

                              #584
                              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                              Glad you were able to find two more replacements Xiz. Thanks for searching for some and everything.

                              Comment

                              • TWG Egypt
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2014
                                • 83

                                #585
                                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                                Originally posted by TWG United States
                                If we even get a lynch.
                                True...
                                We seriously need other people posting on here.

                                Comment

                                Working...