Ok, very quick break at work. I will say that those reads so far look fine and are similar to some of my views: i agree with you egypt that united states sounds green. While a little shifty af first and i was completely unsure with which side you were on, im going stronger and stronger green as this game progresses. Egypt, if you end up being a wolf, i will be thoroughly amazed. Japan, im starting to think doesnt even care anymore, and id be fine with a lynch due to lack of defense on actions and general behavior.
Sorry for not using quotes for anything in this post, but its insanely difficult to do on this phone.
I will place my vote on mexico, due to what i said earlier today before i left for work. Forgot to vote him after my posts, and then was too late i had to leave. Will hopefully be back here on my computer n 2 hours.
Ok, very quick break at work. I will say that those reads so far look fine and are similar to some of my views: i agree with you egypt that united states sounds green.
Well, finally!
Originally posted by TWG Germany
Egypt, if you end up being a wolf, i will be thoroughly amazed.
Don't have to worry about that, Germany
Originally posted by TWG Germany
Japan, im starting to think doesnt even care anymore, and id be fine with a lynch due to lack of defense on actions and general behavior.
I agree with this. Even if one were to think that Japan wasn't a wolf, keeping 'em alive toward the end if we come to a lynch-or-lose situation would be awful. Maybe Japan will change later on? I don't know, but as of now that's what most of us are probably thinking.
Also, when you get back, may you type up your reads if you're not too tired?
The difference in my reads between having Germany this close to wolf and having Russia as green/India as null from my strongest wolf read after one actual post is that the other two have offered input that I felt was original.
Ever since Germany posted his/her reasons for flying under the radar for a bit, that was what I was waiting for. I’d like to clarify that the reason why I’m asking you for your reads is that I want some original input from you. I actually felt like your reasoning against Mexico was great, but you only did so after a couple of other people began going after Mexico as well, so I’m not too sure what to make of that.
You’re offering input, which is fine (and the only reason why you’re not a wolf right now in my eyes), but I’d like to see your thought process a bit more. Do so and I’ll be off your case, mostly because I have had no qualms with your posts after the first day.
Even then, the fact that Germany posted about one's personal life and the nature of one's work just felt green to me, which is why I left 'em off the hook and restarted my read on him/her.
In hindsight, as already mentioned before, it was not the best idea in terms of preserving one's identity. Nice to see a wolf hasn't sniped him/her yet.
Also, when you get back, may you type up your reads if you're not too tired?
Of course I can, just give me a minute. These will be very general though, heads up, I can back them up with quotes tomorrow morning when I have more time to go pick through the thread.
Yes, there is the possibility that Germany lied. There is also the possibility that Germany didn't.
Let me explain my logic-
France, when you said that you didn't want us to talk during night 1, could you have done so because you legitimately thought that would benefit townies? Because obviously many people have pointed out that that wasn't the case, and some even used that as evidence against you.
That's not the case though, isn't it? You really thought that would help, right? The same logic applies here.
Anyway, notice how I said I reset my reads on Germany, not read him/her as human. Because we cannot confirm that Germany is in fact lying, I say we discard that piece of evidence altogether and begin holding Germany accountable for what he/she did after that.
That's why I'm telling Germany to post the reads. That's why I'm warning Germany to try to post original content. You can hack through what Germany posts all you want with that. I'm not all that afraid of Germany getting away with being a wolf after what I've seen with Mexico.
And this investigation of Germany's reads? Yeah, I will be doing it, too. I've never said that Germany will get a free pass after posting some reads.
Sorry to keep you guys waiting so long. As I said before, I will most likely go through this tomorrow morning and get quotes when I'm not so tired as this is definitely not as thorough as previous read posts.
Brazil:Starts off with random vote, involved in discussion of guesses after South Korea incident, defends itself without appearing overly defensive. Yet, doesn't do much than just defend itself alright until recently coming back from lengthy disappearance to make a seemingly intelligent voting post that I can agree with. Not definite, but you seem green to me.
Japan: Does not post much at all and does not attempt to defend him/herself when targeted. Literally last post was 8 pages ago saying "This changes things", and then 3 pages earlier places a vote on spain with no explanation. Seems very wolfy to me. Expecting the response, if there even is gonna be one, to be quite bullshit.
Italy: Earlier posts include no important information. not reading thread when Australia was destroyed (this is kind of important, yes?), seeming to just try and get a post out to appear helpful. You seem kind of odd pointing with the pointing out that while nations were going after inactives, you were being ignored. Why try and bring attention to yourself? You latch onto my post after the recent clusterfuck of blue and green death and target me for certain aspects of the post that are repeated throughout the thread by other players, yet you never targeted them. Appears you are quick to latch to me due to me already having heat because of my inactivity. You seem wolfy to me.
India:Going Japan-style by not responding at all to pointing out of "weird post history" by China (and I guess Canada too, pretty sure I missed this), other than that it's been roleplay posts, low content posts such as http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...4&postcount=20 with nothing important alongside with it, and a "I agree" post with no speculation. You are leaning wolf for me
England:Not posted often at all, but http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...1&postcount=17 seems to me that it could be a really valuable town member if just a tad more involved. Voted towards majority but isn't latching on, actually providing other speculation.
France: Quick to latch onto votes without making own speculation, quick to insult, while seeming to care about wolfkill by proposing silent night phase, us being so scattered apparent by killings of blue roles and greens dying due to guessing even though it was advised against, it would be better to talk about it rather than keep silent to at least try and get a hold of the situation. Makes brash post towards Mexico before apologizing that you haven't read his post, and while Mexico may be pretty wolfy, your whole "trying to frame me" seems kind of ridiculous as well. You are leaning red.
Mexico: Appears to be quick to latch, targets others for a certain reason and then does the same thing him/herself Russia:Starts with roleplay vote, but reveals it as such and gives opinion. Not quick to latch and thinks things through before straight out voting which is important I think. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...63&postcount=5) However, hasn't made much posts actually voting along with the pointing out of information. Has been involved recently, but only with discussion involving post where "Canada was cleared by spain", which didn't really lead to anything important for me. Could go either way for me. probably green though
United States: Doesn't latch, when targeted doesn't respond with extremely defensive posts, maintains a style of thorough thinking through and seems to lead discussion.
Egypt: Doesn't latch, seems to think very thoroughly before placing a vote. leads discussion and doesn't appear to have made any slips or contradictions in posts.
Iran:Starts off with roleplay which I guess is fine, intelligent with the clues that gave South Korea away, and while that led to loss of blue role, don't think iran killed sk. random vote on china it seems, but wants to place heat on those that have not posted to get more info to read on, including me. Could go either way for me, but you are leaning more green for me.
I'm going to warn everyone in advance that I am tired because man is it late here...
I was just about to go to sleep, so I checked this thread one more time and saw this was up.
Time to make a response~
For one, I just want to respond to your reads:
Originally posted by TWG Germany
Brazil:Starts off with random vote, involved in discussion of guesses after South Korea incident, defends itself without appearing overly defensive. Yet, doesn't do much than just defend itself alright until recently coming back from lengthy disappearance to make a seemingly intelligent voting post that I can agree with. Not definite, but you seem green to me.
Interesting. You are the first person to comment on Brazil's posts so far, and I have to agree with you that Brazil is looking pretty green to me but that there's also not too much to go off of. I have to see what other people say about this though, but this assumption is pretty good to me.
Originally posted by TWG Germany
Japan: Does not post much at all and does not attempt to defend him/herself when targeted. Literally last post was 8 pages ago saying "This changes things", and then 3 pages earlier places a vote on spain with no explanation. Seems very wolfy to me. Expecting the response, if there even is gonna be one, to be quite bullshit.
Can't give this response much merit because it is the expected thing to say.
Originally posted by TWG Germany
Italy: Earlier posts include no important information. not reading thread when Australia was destroyed (this is kind of important, yes?), seeming to just try and get a post out to appear helpful. You seem kind of odd pointing with the pointing out that while nations were going after inactives, you were being ignored. Why try and bring attention to yourself? You latch onto my post after the recent clusterfuck of blue and green death and target me for certain aspects of the post that are repeated throughout the thread by other players, yet you never targeted them. Appears you are quick to latch to me due to me already having heat because of my inactivity. You seem wolfy to me.
Italy's post about you was very dumb and one of the reasons why I thought he/she was red. That didn't come off as smart at all to break down your post as if you were adhering to some wolfy "formula."
Though I don't understand how drawing attention to oneself is wolfy. That was just strange and actually contradicts with my wolf read of him/her.
Also, not reading the thread isn't wolfy, either. It's more so careless.
Again, multiple people agree with this so far, so I cannot give it much merit.
Originally posted by TWG Germany
India:Going Japan-style by not responding at all to pointing out of "weird post history" by China (and I guess Canada too, pretty sure I missed this), other than that it's been roleplay posts, low content posts such as http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...4&postcount=20 with nothing important alongside with it, and a "I agree" post with no speculation. You are leaning wolf for me
Canada voiced suspicion on India, too. You're right about that.
Wow, I completely forgot about that when making my read on India. India, it is always good to address the people who are suspicious of you, and not doing so is wolfy.
As for this post, considering people have pretty much backed off of India, that's an interesting stance to have.
I'd also like to ask some questions: where WAS India during much of Day 1? Why did India decide to start talking after he/she was prompted? Why did we let 'em go with this? Was it because we've practically found a wolf after Mexico's blunder, and we were caught up in the excitement?
Originally posted by TWG Germany
England:Not posted often at all, but http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...1&postcount=17 seems to me that it could be a really valuable town member if just a tad more involved. Voted towards majority but isn't latching on, actually providing other speculation.
Going with the majority, so I can't say much here either. Can't say I don't agree, though.
Originally posted by TWG Germany
France: Quick to latch onto votes without making own speculation, quick to insult, while seeming to care about wolfkill by proposing silent night phase, us being so scattered apparent by killings of blue roles and greens dying due to guessing even though it was advised against, it would be better to talk about it rather than keep silent to at least try and get a hold of the situation. Makes brash post towards Mexico before apologizing that you haven't read his post, and while Mexico may be pretty wolfy, your whole "trying to frame me" seems kind of ridiculous as well. You are leaning red.
Thoughts about France during night one has already been said before, so I can't say much about that. Criticism of how he/she handled Mexico is pretty unique to Germany though and it is definitely something that should be considered when one is addressing France.
...you know, in the very minute chance that Mexico's actually human.
But that is still a nice point nonetheless.
Originally posted by TWG Germany
Mexico: Appears to be quick to latch, targets others for a certain reason and then does the same thing him/herself
Yep.
Originally posted by TWG Germany
Russia:Starts with roleplay vote, but reveals it as such and gives opinion. Not quick to latch and thinks things through before straight out voting which is important I think. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...63&postcount=5) However, hasn't made much posts actually voting along with the pointing out of information. Has been involved recently, but only with discussion involving post where "Canada was cleared by spain", which didn't really lead to anything important for me. Could go either way for me. probably green though
Kinda going with the US there on having some suspicion against Russia. Brought up the same point as well about his/her mistake with saying that Spain confirmed Canada or something like that.
Originally posted by TWG Germany
United States: Doesn't latch, when targeted doesn't respond with extremely defensive posts, maintains a style of thorough thinking through and seems to lead discussion.
The fact that you're agreeing with me makes me unable to make an unbiased judgment on this post. Others should go for this one.
Originally posted by TWG Germany
Egypt: Doesn't latch, seems to think very thoroughly before placing a vote. leads discussion and doesn't appear to have made any slips or contradictions in posts.
Cool beans.
Originally posted by TWG Germany
Iran:Starts off with roleplay which I guess is fine, intelligent with the clues that gave South Korea away, and while that led to loss of blue role, don't think iran killed sk. random vote on china it seems, but wants to place heat on those that have not posted to get more info to read on, including me. Could go either way for me, but you are leaning more green for me.
Again, points have already been said before, so I can't say much on this.
---
All in all, you have a few unique reads. I personally found them okay, at least better than my "France Reads V2" post.
And now for what I've learned from this post
There is one definite question I'd like to ask: has anyone here figured out Germany's identity yet?
I'm going to assume that you're pretty new. I believe this because posting about type of work in this game should have raised some definite flags to other people already, but nothing has happened to you. I honestly don't get how some people's identities were even guessed, and they were trying to stay anonymous. But you, the one who has actually provided some personal information, is still alive.
Now before someone says, "That means Germany is a wolf!" there are people here who are pretty suspicious of Germany. Why didn't they kill him/her yet after having that type of information? Simple- they're not aware of Germany's playing style, so they can't come up with accurate conclusions on Germany's identity.
For example, what happened to Australia? Didn't he (I think we're pretty sure this is a he now, anyway) want to vote for Germany at the end of the day? It kinda makes me wonder who he tried to guess the identity of.
Keep in mind that he guessed incorrectly.
If we take the assumption that this is the case, I'd like you all to review Germany's posts again. All I see is someone who was called out (well, by me too of course) for a mistake (a random vote/strange talk about how discussions are getting nowhere [which, if you look at the product of day one, actually makes a bit of sense now]). Germany then proceeded to provide excuses, but no one's buying it for obvious reasons.
And then every time Germany tried to post, we shot him/her down, and it was very easy for us to jump on the "Germany's a wolf who tried to be UTR," bandwagon. What could Germany do about that?
--
Now if someone actually does know who Germany is, you should obviously not say the identity, but please provide your take on this read/situation especially. That would essentially invalidate this part of the post, but I believe that's necessary if I'm wrong.
To everyone else, that is all I have to say. Feel free to comment on Germany's post as well/talk about mine.
Oh, and Germany is pretty safe to me. If you'd like to argue with me on that point, feel free. I'll be going off to bed now though, so I'll address your points later.
Comment