TWG CVI: United Nations

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TWG Egypt
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2014
    • 83

    #466
    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

    I'd also like to clarify before someone says the reads were unnecessary to make this post that it was reading Germany's previous post that made the idea I had click, mostly because I really can't figure out who you are.

    Comment

    • TWG Russia
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2014
      • 18

      #467
      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

      Sorry for the late post, Pretty much my thoughts so far are as follows:

      TWG Japan: The way Japan handled my vote on the first day with almost disinterest seemed odd. Most of their posts have been very low content so the fact that they've been so UTR and lacking any real input on anything just increases suspicion. They still having showed up today, and i would still really like some input from them but they seem to want to stay UTR. My gut feeling tells me that this is a wolf, and was part of the reason i didn't change my vote on day 1.

      TWG Mexico: Flew very UTR the first day, besides placing a vote for spain with very little input. Being Aggressive aside, some of the points he made makes some sense, although the blame game after the whole Canada incident felt a little suspicious. You can point fingers at people who were in the thread at the time, but there is nothing saying they had to be in the thread to make the kill. Lots of controversy there. I feel there is a good chance he might be a wolf, I'm not entirely sure.

      TWG Italy: Hasn't really contributed much in terms of discussion besides a post made towards Germany. The rest of his posts are fairly low content mostly pertaining to "This sounds wolfy, Wolves wouldn't do this, etc" which combined with being fairly UTR, and low content posts makes things pretty suspicious in my eyes. I feel there is a good chance he is a wolf at this point, but still not solid yet here either.

      United States:
      Originally posted by TWG France
      If it wasn't for the fact of the matter that Mexico pointed you out, you'd probably be at the bottom of the list. After I reread the thread, you were the biggest change I made to my list. The problem is, the back-and-forth between Mexico and you doesn't feel like there's two wolves there. If Mexico is somehow green, you'll move up on my list.
      Since his point pretty much runs parallel with mine i decided to Quote him. If Mexico Turns out to be a Wolf, It'll probably clear you in my eyes, however if he ends up being a townie, It'll raise my suspicion quite a bit. That being said you've done a lot to generate discussion which regardless is good.

      Germany: Started off fairly UTR but came back and has made posts giving his opinion. I don't really have much to say here, and would like to read more from you. The whole excuse thing, I'm kind of with France but its not a huge issue for me.

      Brazil: Post more, Still not entirely sure about the whole thing that happened with Israel.

      India: Your recent activity has been good but the entire day one being low content posts , although kudos for voting with me on Japan, even if it seems like it was an RP vote .

      England: I cant really give an opinion on you until you post a little more, but your post about Mexico is something i can agree with. So far I'm not really suspicious of you, but I'd still like to see more input from you.

      TWC France: I find myself agreeing with the majority of your recent posts. You've also been one to facilitate discussion, and nothing you've posted has really stood out for me negatively.

      TWC Egypt: Gut feeling says that you're human. You make good posts, and have kept things pretty chill.

      Comment

      • TWG Russia
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2014
        • 18

        #468
        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

        While I feel more certain about Japan, I'll go ahead and put my vote for Mexico. I'm reasonably suspicious of them. I hope they are a wolf, because if they aren't, I'll have to re-evaluate my reads.

        Comment

        • TWG United States
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2014
          • 114

          #469
          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

          Originally posted by TWG Egypt
          Also, I want to say something real quickly to the United States about Russia: Making a mistake doesn't equate wolf. He/she was a bit off about Spain confirming Canada, though.
          Didn't meant to imply that someone making a mistake is a wolf but I found it rather odd they stated that Canada was cleared by Spain. I mean where did that come from at all? I'd just like that cleared up mostly and haven't heard anything yet.

          Originally posted by TWG Egypt
          There is one definite question I'd like to ask: has anyone here figured out Germany's identity yet?
          Even though he's given personal information I have no idea who he is. Maybe if I dug around the forums and saw if he posted about work elsewhere. I think I might know who you are now Egypt but I'm not completely sure. I possibly know France at this point now as well. The people who haven't been posting much I really can't say.

          I'll go through people's reads in a bit but I guess the question is for right now is Mexico is one away from insta. Do I go ahead and just do it since it seems everyone is on the same page with him or do I wait and we discuss other people further and give them more time to come in and say something? We haven't seen them since so I'll keep my vote out for now unless you guys agree that we should insta him.

          Comment

          • TWG United States
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2014
            • 114

            #470
            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

            Originally posted by TWG Russia
            United States:

            Since his point pretty much runs parallel with mine i decided to Quote him. If Mexico Turns out to be a Wolf, It'll probably clear you in my eyes, however if he ends up being a townie, It'll raise my suspicion quite a bit. That being said you've done a lot to generate discussion which regardless is good.
            I just want to touch on this one quickly before I start going through everything else on everyone. I'm just curious why is it that suspicion would rise on me if he becomes townie? I wasn't the one to initiate the suspicion on him as a wolf and didn't even jump on it right away.

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #471
              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

              Current Vote-count (7 To Insta):



              :
              :

              Comment

              • TWG United States
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2014
                • 114

                #472
                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations


                Originally posted by TWG France
                Mexico: I don't think anyone following this game is surprised at this. Our earlier encounter is a good summary of why I think they're a wolf, look at that for my reason behind my vote today. Before that, they laid back and watched us tear ourselves apart. 3 posts in all of day one, and their only vote was a role-play vote on Spain. They showed up after Egypt called them out, or wait no, they just decided to show up right after they started to get just a bit of heat, obviously. Earlier, I said that they likely killed Canada to frame me after I was so vocal against them, but I now feel less sure about this. (That being said, I still feel really certain, just not stake-the-game-on-it certain anymore). The only thing they've said all game that I remotely agree with is that US is suspicious. Almost certainly a wolf in my mind. See Italy for further suspicion.
                Originally posted by TWG Egypt
                Mexico: Refer to France’s reads or my earlier post on Mexico. I’m waiting for this guy to come back and defend him/herself again before I cast my vote.
                Originally posted by TWG United States
                TWG Mexico - Had nothing to offer at all during the first day phase. Zeroed in on me which is fine because everyone needs to be interrogated in my opinion but he sure seemed to have a one track mind. While he did bring up France a little he didn't offer really much else on other players. Voted on France for a short period but then was really quick to hop back on me for being AFK. If there's anyone that doesn't know the forum does idle your name in for a good long while. Especially if you're like me and your computer doesn't go into standby. It felt as though this was just a way to divert attention back to me just because he wanted to. Maybe he and France are in on this stuff together, it feels a little fishy. They haven't been back on to say anything else as of right now but they are fairly high on my list. I've seen others bring up really good points about Mexico as well.
                Originally posted by TWG Germany
                Sorry
                Mexico: Appears to be quick to latch, targets others for a certain reason and then does the same thing him/herself
                Originally posted by TWG Russia
                TWG Mexico: Flew very UTR the first day, besides placing a vote for spain with very little input. Being Aggressive aside, some of the points he made makes some sense, although the blame game after the whole Canada incident felt a little suspicious. You can point fingers at people who were in the thread at the time, but there is nothing saying they had to be in the thread to make the kill. Lots of controversy there. I feel there is a good chance he might be a wolf, I'm not entirely sure.
                It seems for the most part we’re all on the same page with Mexico. I have to say to Russia though that Mexico was not the one to initiate the “it has to be someone viewing the thread.” France was the one to point out who was viewing the thread at the time Canada was killed and said it was likely one of those. While Mexico latched on to that I think it’s important to make sure that we have all the information correct on who started what and such.



                Originally posted by TWG France
                Japan: I expect them to show up at some point today, make a bullshit vote, and meet the bare minimum for the post-count, and hope no one notices. Obvious wolf, would be arguing for their lynch if Mexico wasn't somehow even more obvious. Seriously, if you're not suspicious of them, look back at their vote on Spain yesterday... its possibly the biggest joke I've seen in TWG. Also, look at the post they made after Spain killed SA, I'll bet a good deal of things that they were high when they made that. "This changes things"; get the fuck outta here, Japan.
                Originally posted by TWG Egypt
                Japan: Offers absolutely nothing, flies UTR when everyone’s tearing each other to bits, makes a strange vote in the end. Nope, I’m not buying it. Wolf wolf wolf wolf wolf.
                Originally posted by TWG United States
                TWG Japan - I have a really strong suspicion of Japan even though they haven't said much. They made very limited posts, jumped around with their votes a lot, and never bothered to even try to come in and say anything more when called out. I haven't seen them at all today and I'm starting to feel that maybe more attention needs to go here. I hope there will be more discussion on this person.
                Originally posted by TWG Germany
                Japan: Does not post much at all and does not attempt to defend him/herself when targeted. Literally last post was 8 pages ago saying "This changes things", and then 3 pages earlier places a vote on spain with no explanation. Seems very wolfy to me. Expecting the response, if there even is gonna be one, to be quite bullshit.
                Originally posted by TWG Russia
                TWG Japan: The way Japan handled my vote on the first day with almost disinterest seemed odd. Most of their posts have been very low content so the fact that they've been so UTR and lacking any real input on anything just increases suspicion. They still having showed up today, and i would still really like some input from them but they seem to want to stay UTR. My gut feeling tells me that this is a wolf, and was part of the reason i didn't change my vote on day 1.
                I voted Japan day 1 and of course agree with everything said here. The low content posting and vote jumping are just completely odd. I suppose there's the small chance they're someone new and maybe lost interest in playing all together since they haven't even bothered to post at all, but I'm still going to say wolf.



                Originally posted by TWG France
                Italy: I feel like they've made a good showing of trying to look like they're doing something when they really aren't. Their back and forth with Mexico earlier feels like wolf-wolf play to me as well. Their post regarding Australia after AU done off'd 'emselves seems just like bait as if saying "Hey I'm a dumb human who isn't reading the thread, don't give what I say too much merit, let me coast along okthx." But, as is somehow a trend, I think their post regarding Germany has some good points.
                I'm going to have to go back and look at Italy's posts again. I thought they had actually offered some informative stuff but maybe I was thinking of the wrong person or misread something.

                Originally posted by TWG Egypt
                Italy: I just don’t like the content of your posts. It’s like you’re trying to look helpful, but you really aren’t. And your votes look like you're trying to insult people more than offer anything useful. France kinda hit this one right on the dot, though. I'd like to go for this guy later on.
                I will definitely agree that they seem like they're trying to insult people. That was something that's been bugging me a bit about them. I'm not sure what to think about that considering there are some players that are known to be pretty brash during play regardless of role.

                Originally posted by TWG United States
                TWG Italy - Still limited posts to go off of. What I will say about this person is they do seem as though they are a seasoned player from what they have said so far. Nothing is really jumping off as wolfy for me with Italy right now.
                I do still think they're someone that's probably played a good deal. I will be looking at their posts again after reading all of your reads on this person.

                Originally posted by TWG Germany
                Italy: Earlier posts include no important information. not reading thread when Australia was destroyed (this is kind of important, yes?), seeming to just try and get a post out to appear helpful. You seem kind of odd pointing with the pointing out that while nations were going after inactives, you were being ignored. Why try and bring attention to yourself? You latch onto my post after the recent clusterfuck of blue and green death and target me for certain aspects of the post that are repeated throughout the thread by other players, yet you never targeted them. Appears you are quick to latch to me due to me already having heat because of my inactivity. You seem wolfy to me.
                I do want to say I was pushing on people with little activity myself the first day to get more information out of people. It seems you have the same opinion as the others about making posts that only seemed to be helpful but weren't. So again I'll be reading back to see everything said by this person.

                Originally posted by TWG Russia
                TWG Italy: Hasn't really contributed much in terms of discussion besides a post made towards Germany. The rest of his posts are fairly low content mostly pertaining to "This sounds wolfy, Wolves wouldn't do this, etc" which combined with being fairly UTR, and low content posts makes things pretty suspicious in my eyes. I feel there is a good chance he is a wolf at this point, but still not solid yet here either.
                I missed him talking about wolves would and wouldn't do this. I'm glad you pointed that out.

                Really overall it seems I need to take another look at Italy since you all have similar opinions. I'm starting to feel it's very likely I screwed up looking over them. I'm going to grab all their posts since there aren't very many and I'll make another opinion later.


                I'm trying to get through all of them but I need to stop for a little bit. I'll come back and do more a little later.

                Comment

                • TWG Russia
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 18

                  #473
                  Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                  Originally posted by TWG United States
                  I just want to touch on this one quickly before I start going through everything else on everyone. I'm just curious why is it that suspicion would rise on me if he becomes townie? I wasn't the one to initiate the suspicion on him as a wolf and didn't even jump on it right away.
                  Posting on my phone real quick, if Mexico is a townie it will force me to go back to the drawing board and reevaluate a few people. There are little things in the way you post feel like it could go either way sometimes. I'd also reevaluate the things Mexico posted if he turns out HUMAN, and he made a few valid points. Ill try to be a bit more specific later, I just wanted to chime in since I wont be able to post for a while and it'll probably get active again in here before I get back.

                  Comment

                  • TWG France
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2014
                    • 62

                    #474
                    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                    Hey Egypt. I'm pretty sure I know who Germany is. Their style is almost a perfect match for their play... if the majority finds them suspicious, which I believe they do, I'm down to try and kill them, as I'm almost 100% sure of who they are. I'm not sure if I've answered everything you want to know, but please, ask if you have more questions.

                    P.S. Sleeping on it was a good idea
                    P.S.S. Mexico is one vote away from insta... unvote so that we don't lynch too quickly.

                    Comment

                    • TWG United States
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 114

                      #475
                      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                      Originally posted by TWG Russia
                      Posting on my phone real quick, if Mexico is a townie it will force me to go back to the drawing board and reevaluate a few people. There are little things in the way you post feel like it could go either way sometimes. I'd also reevaluate the things Mexico posted if he turns out HUMAN, and he made a few valid points. Ill try to be a bit more specific later, I just wanted to chime in since I wont be able to post for a while and it'll probably get active again in here before I get back.
                      Alright I get it now. I made fairly brief evaluations on people as well last night due to a lack of time so it's alright that you weren't specific. I was just curious as to what you were thinking.

                      Originally posted by TWG France
                      Hey Egypt. I'm pretty sure I know who Germany is. Their style is almost a perfect match for their play... if the majority finds them suspicious, which I believe they do, I'm down to try and kill them, as I'm almost 100% sure of who they are. I'm not sure if I've answered everything you want to know, but please, ask if you have more questions.

                      P.S. Sleeping on it was a good idea
                      P.S.S. Mexico is one vote away from insta... unvote so that we don't lynch too quickly.
                      I really think the biggest question everyone is going to have is who you think it is. I really have no idea as of right now.

                      Comment

                      • TWG France
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2014
                        • 62

                        #476
                        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                        its one of those things where you just have to try every variable, and then when you find the one that fits, it really fits. Awaiting further input.

                        Comment

                        • TWG United States
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2014
                          • 114

                          #477
                          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                          Well I personally don't recommend anymore guesses seeing as it hasn't been doing us any favors this game. I also don't think any of us are as hard pressed to get rid of Germany as you seem to be. We've expressed concern but I don't think anyone had them at the top of their list.

                          Comment

                          • TWG Egypt
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 83

                            #478
                            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                            Originally posted by TWG France
                            Hey Egypt. I'm pretty sure I know who Germany is. Their style is almost a perfect match for their play... if the majority finds them suspicious, which I believe they do, I'm down to try and kill them, as I'm almost 100% sure of who they are. I'm not sure if I've answered everything you want to know, but please, ask if you have more questions.

                            P.S. Sleeping on it was a good idea
                            P.S.S. Mexico is one vote away from insta... unvote so that we don't lynch too quickly.
                            This changes things. /pun

                            But I do have a few questions:
                            1) If you are pretty sure of who Germany is, is it normal for this person to attract this much negative attention?
                            2) Do you believe Germany's posts were more of mistakes or obvious failed wolf plays, especially Germany's post when he/she voted for China?

                            That being said, I'm going to hold off on offering opinions on Germany for a while, mostly because I'd like to see how things play out. We already have a few suspects lined up, and I think we should go for those people first. Quite a few people have read you as human too, so risking your life wouldn't be the best option right now.

                            Oh, and I don't think France should say Germany's identity right now because that would be very problematic for Germany.

                            Comment

                            • TWG France
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2014
                              • 62

                              #479
                              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                              Egypt:
                              1) I'm not dumb enough to say who they are lol.

                              2) I don't want to say too much, for fear of the wolves finding out who they are, but I will say that I do believe that their excuse is genuine (sorry about that Germany) and that, while they usually don't attract this much attention, I do believe that it is a combination of Anonytwgitis and inexperience. As for their vote on China, let me look back at that.

                              3) Ok about that, I'm a bit conflicted on, I don't really think it matches their style of play, but it matches their personality, if that makes sense? I think Iran's post directly after that China vote may have merit, but that's really the only wolfy thing I can see from them after figuring out their identity.

                              All in all, I'd say they're a human and that my read was off. I apologize, Germany.

                              Comment

                              • TWG Egypt
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2014
                                • 83

                                #480
                                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                                That's fair. I say we should trust France's read of Germany for now because he/she has more information than us (unless someone else knows Germany's identity as well and disagrees).

                                Comment

                                Working...