TWG CVI: United Nations

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TWG Canada
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2014
    • 64

    #376
    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

    Originally posted by TWG France
    well shit...
    Originally posted by TWG Russia
    Not a good start to the day...
    Originally posted by TWG Egypt
    Didn't expect someone to actually kill Israel, but okay...
    Originally posted by TWG India
    A terrible way to begin the day.
    Originally posted by TWG Canada
    13 left.
    2 blues, 4 reds, 7 greens.
    Fuck
    There is most likely a wolf or two in the wake up posts. Including myself in there even though I'm not

    The US does actually have more posts than me. By one though (now it's zero, but still). The points you bring up are valid against the US, but at least for France, I'm not getting any wolfy vibe from them, not through that statement.

    Comment

    • TWG United States
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2014
      • 114

      #377
      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

      Originally posted by TWG Mexico
      OK, I decided to re-read the thread twice with the new developments in mind. Two nations stood out to me.

      First of all, United States. It seems to me that it tries way too much to lead where discussion is going. I tried finding some quotes, but it is a matter of context more than anything else. Seriously, go read the thread and pause on each US post and most of them will be about dragging the conversation in some direction or another.

      Then, there is France. It seems to be jumping left and right, like a dog on a leash. It sounds to me like it is a newer player that tries to play its own way, but then gets restricted by its partner and is forced to do as they say. Then, there is the:

      Maybe if we don't talk, the wolves will forget what they do and wolf one of their own? Seriously, not talking will not change the fact that a human will die. Especially when a blue came out to the thread. Who will it help though? The wolves.

      Go read the thread again and keep in mind what I said about those two. Until then, I'll vote for the United States.
      You're right I tried getting the conversation going because most of what was going on was roleplay. I was dragging out as much information as I could so we could try to make an informed lynch rather than one based on roleplay or straight bandwagoning.
      I also was pressuring those who had spoken very little. You're someone who's been flying under the radar for the most part. I do want to see more out of the players that haven't had much to say.

      If you're going to get on me about steering conversation you should be on canada as well. Pressuring me about who I thought someone was, avoiding being asked why, going on about what the wolves will or will not do,etc. Then not less asking is we need a leader. I still don't get a good vibe, but that's just me.

      Comment

      • TWG United States
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2014
        • 114

        #378
        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

        Damn multitasking and one handed typing. That last part was supposed to be: Then no less asking if we need a leader.

        Comment

        • TWG Mexico
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2014
          • 14

          #379
          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

          It's not the fact that you tried to get the conversation going that is a problem. It is that you always tried to pull it in your own direction. Like just now, where you move the conversation away from you towards Canada. And you purposefully left France out of your post, even though it was half the content. Defending your dear friend?

          Comment

          • TWG United States
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2014
            • 114

            #380
            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

            Nope, I'm in the middle of doing something and didn't want to one hand post a ton of stuff, but if you insist. I wanted to get my defence out of the way and Canada has been posting just as much as I have and steering conversation, so he was just part of the defence. I wasn't looking to just talk about Canada.

            I left my vote on Japan last day because of the erratic posting and constant jumping around in votes. I'm seeing the same in France now. I was intending on re-reading more prior to posting today because I don't recall everything that was said. I can say I don't like his "lets not talk during the night phase" because really as you mentioned it didn't matter to us if we talked. These players could be new and don't know what to do, but I do think there is probably a wolf within that pair.

            I will re-read the thread in a few and discuss more about France in a bit.

            Comment

            • TWG United States
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2014
              • 114

              #381
              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

              Alright so going back through France's post history so far. 1st was a jump on the Korea train once Korea died they wanted us to back off the Israel train and start a new one on Spain. From there France has posts about not lynching too early and trying to back people down from getting one. Votes Spain, then goes to China, then to Saudi Arabia, to Germany, to Russia, then back to China.

              I'm not sure what to think about pushing so hard to stop an insta-lynch. The person that would have been insta'd was just a regular nation. There was a lot of vote hopping going on for sure without too much conversation as to what they thought about these nations. Then there's the no talking comment as you already brought up. France is starting to look a bit wolfy to me.

              Comment

              • TWG United States
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2014
                • 114

                #382
                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                I didn't really word that right, I'm off today. I'm not sure what to think of the stopping an insta-lynch because the person was a regular nation and the wolves want the greens and blues to die. Knowing who one another is I'm not sure why a wolf would want to stop a lynch that was in their favor. But then there's the other things that stick out to me as possibly being wolfy.

                Comment

                • TWG France
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 62

                  #383
                  Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                  ok, just now was able to read the thread, I don't fully understand why I got so much heat for suggesting a silent night take place as that has been what usually happens in all of my previous games where night-talking is allowed.

                  Something I thought while I was trying to sleep last night was that the paranoid nation could possibly come out at some point, since it would be nice for us to have a confirmed blue now. Their power is gone (unless Xiz decided to condense a guess with a wolf kill or I am missing some other possibility), so they're essentially a vanilla townie now. The problem is, is that it would essentially be a death sentence for that person, so maybe having them do it now wouldn't be a good idea?

                  Anyways, seriously, fuck you Mexico. 3 Posts yesterday. 3 POSTS! And you're gonna come in here going after the people trying to generate the most discussion (aside from me asking for a silent night last night, which I still don't understand why you guys thought talking was a good idea [not that it mattered because we hardly talked anyways]). This is a pretty bullshit accusation, I feel...

                  Or so it would seem... I humored you for some of US' posts, and I do agree, their posts do seem rather wolfy. I don't know what to think of either of you now...

                  On another note, it would probably be a good idea for us to post reads on other nations today. Thoughts?

                  Comment

                  • TWG France
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2014
                    • 62

                    #384
                    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                    Yeah no, screw you Mexico.

                    You're just trying to deflect an earlier point raised by Egypt that you've been offering no real input. Now if only your point about the US didn't feel like it had merit to me...

                    Comment

                    • TWG Mexico
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 14

                      #385
                      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                      How is the Paranoid Nation a townie now? It kills the wolf roleblocker and kills a wolf if he is wolfed. If anything, he is stronger than ever now that the seer and doctor are dead.

                      Also, if the silence happened during all of your past games, something wrong happened in them. There's no reason not to talk. I still can't think of a single reason why it would be a good idea to be silent during the night.

                      As I said, I have nothing against the fact that you tried to generate discussion. That's not a human trait anymore than it is a wolf trait.

                      And I don't have much reads on other nations. Japan seems a little sketchy for reasons similar to yours, but nothing really going on there. I remember an Iranian post sticking out when I read through the thread, but I can't really remember what it was. I ended up deciding you two (France and US) were my primary targets for the day though.

                      Let's hope the others show up their noses soon. I'd rather have some input that doesn't come from my suspects.

                      Comment

                      • TWG France
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2014
                        • 62

                        #386
                        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                        Do you know how easy its been for the wolves to slunk their way to victory in the background the past couple of games? You can't sit here and really think that we're the most likely wolf candidates when lynching the people that generate the most discussion has LOST the humans the game several times recently. Do you know how FUCKING easy it is for the wolves to sit back and cackle while watching us shoot ourselves by guessing other humans and all the other bullshit that has happened this game?

                        Comment

                        • TWG Mexico
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2014
                          • 14

                          #387
                          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                          Deflect an earlier point? What does that even mean? That I am using an argument that was already raised? Woop-dee-doo. It's not like you joined a million bandwagons based on arguments of others. Not at all.

                          And if my point about the US had no merit? What would you do? Wolf me?

                          Comment

                          • TWG France
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 62

                            #388
                            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                            oops, made that post without reading your most recent one.

                            Anyways, paranoid is basically a townie now because, well their power is gone (unless I am missing some scenario). The only way the events last night would've unfolded the way they did is if the wolves killed Israel (for some reason?????) and Spain seered the paranoid nation (again, I could be missing something).

                            Comment

                            • TWG France
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2014
                              • 62

                              #389
                              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                              By deflect an earlier point, I mean that I just think its rather funny you're posting actual content after Egypt went out of their way to say that you hadn't posted jack squat.

                              Comment

                              • TWG Mexico
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2014
                                • 14

                                #390
                                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                                I may or may not be aware of the past few games. What I already said is that being active does not correlate with being human. If it was, it would be easy for wolf to appear human. They would just be active.

                                If there is anything to take of the fact that the past games have had UTR wolves, it would be that the active people this game might be more likely to be wolves. When your identity is known, it is harder to drastically change your posting habits while not appearing suspicious. But in a mystery game such as this, you have no basis to analyze against. If in the past games the wolves weren't active, the wolves would know that by being inactive, they are putting themselves in the same position. Thus they may try to be active and place blame on inactive people.

                                Anyway, my point is that you should not deduce anything from past games in a mystery game. You don't know who is who. You can't compare people to anything. We have a game right here right now and what happens here is much more important than what happened then.

                                ---

                                To newer posts that appeared as I was typing:

                                I actually didn't think about how there could have been 2 kills. I can't think of anything else either that could have happened. My bad.

                                And I am totally sorry for posting content. I'll make sure in the future not to post if somebody mentions my name.

                                Comment

                                Working...