TWG CVI: United Nations

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TWG China
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2014
    • 8

    #196
    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

    I am not even sure how to defend myself here. I voted for Japan because it is day one and fuck Japan (I AM CHINA GUYS GET IT)

    It is always difficult trying to get a read on people during day 1. I know people are trying to start trains to get a lynch but I can't help feeling off about a few people.

    Originally posted by TWG Canada
    As a wolf, you have to understand that the last thing you want to do is draw attention to yourself, so how better to do that than hide behind someone else's opinion, or make statements that don't seem like you're really putting your all into an attack? The overarching theme with Spain's posts right now is that he seems to be trying his best to /look/ helpful. He's not.
    This quote especially stinks to me. It seems like Canada is projecting a bit with their reasoning. Inactivity in general is beneficial to the wolf team and flying under the radar is obviously something wolves would want to do, but drawing attention to yourself is not always "the last thing you'd want to do". In fact is it beneficial for wolves to be noticed, just not as lynch targets.

    If this is the logic they think a wolf would have, it follows that they would do the opposite thing... if they were a wolf, which is exactly what Canada has been doing. Front-on attacking people and drawing lots of attention to themselves. Seems like it could be a bit of a cover.

    I've also seen this stance argued by many players in the past, and usually those players turn out to be wolves. Criticizing players for making "empty" posts or for "trying to look helpful". It is entirely possible for this sort of play style to be a wolf ploy, sure, but it's also entirely possible that those posts were just trying to be helpful. It's an easy way to find scapegoats who haven't really done anything to deserve it.

    TWG Canada is right about voting for TWG Spain (for being fucking annoying)


    Originally posted by TWG Greece
    opps
    #dead #swag
    this is a good death post.

    Comment

    • TWG England
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2014
      • 16

      #197
      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

      I just had a thought...

      Don't play any FFR on these accounts unless you have a death wish. People could tell who you are from your skill level.

      Anyway, a lot of people seem to be focusing Spain for making a bunch of posts with little meaning...but seriously, look at Iran's posts. Every single one of them is just a "vote X because of outside trait about the country" or some tip related to keeping true identity a secret. He/she has eight posts, but none of them have actually been wolf-related.

      TWG Iran

      Comment

      • TWG India
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2014
        • 19

        #198
        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

        Originally posted by TWG England
        or some tip related to keeping true identity a secret. He/she has eight posts, but none of them have actually been wolf-related.

        TWG Iran
        they know too much. it is rather uncomfortable. lynch them for what they know.

        Comment

        • TWG Iran
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2014
          • 26

          #199
          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

          Originally posted by TWG England
          I just had a thought...

          Don't play any FFR on these accounts unless you have a death wish. People could tell who you are from your skill level.

          Anyway, a lot of people seem to be focusing Spain for making a bunch of posts with little meaning...but seriously, look at Iran's posts. Every single one of them is just a "vote X because of outside trait about the country" or some tip related to keeping true identity a secret. He/she has eight posts, but none of them have actually been wolf-related.

          TWG Iran
          Yes, thank you for your vote Mr Pot. I'm glad you could make the 2 post minimum to prevent your untimely death.

          Comment

          • TWG China
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2014
            • 8

            #200
            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

            Originally posted by TWG England
            Anyway, a lot of people seem to be focusing Spain for making a bunch of posts with little meaning
            I can only speak for myself but I voted for Spain for being annoying and not for any other reason

            Comment

            • TWG Canada
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2014
              • 64

              #201
              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

              Originally posted by TWG Iran
              Yes, thank you for your vote Mr Pot. I'm glad you could make the 2 post minimum to prevent your untimely death.
              Their third post, so whatever.

              Originally posted by TWG India
              they know too much. it is rather uncomfortable. lynch them for what they know.
              The commentary also stinks ass when every one of your posts has been ass

              Comment

              • TWG Canada
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2014
                • 64

                #202
                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                Originally posted by TWG China
                This quote especially stinks to me. It seems like Canada is projecting a bit with their reasoning. Inactivity in general is beneficial to the wolf team and flying under the radar is obviously something wolves would want to do, but drawing attention to yourself is not always "the last thing you'd want to do". In fact is it beneficial for wolves to be noticed, just not as lynch targets.

                If this is the logic they think a wolf would have, it follows that they would do the opposite thing... if they were a wolf, which is exactly what Canada has been doing. Front-on attacking people and drawing lots of attention to themselves. Seems like it could be a bit of a cover.

                I've also seen this stance argued by many players in the past, and usually those players turn out to be wolves. Criticizing players for making "empty" posts or for "trying to look helpful". It is entirely possible for this sort of play style to be a wolf ploy, sure, but it's also entirely possible that those posts were just trying to be helpful. It's an easy way to find scapegoats who haven't really done anything to deserve it.
                I'm heading out right now, but take a look at the previous games, wolves are pretty much never instigating stuff, definitely not this early. I'll say more later and such.

                Comment

                • TWG United States
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 114

                  #203
                  Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                  I've been sitting back for a little bit just absorbing things and seeing what others had to say.

                  We have several nations that still haven't contributed much to this at all. Russia and Germany only have 2 posts, Mexico and England have 3, then there's China and Saudi Arabia at 4.
                  Russia made one roleplay type post and hasn't bothered to come back since.
                  Germany spoke a little of the guess situation and hopped on the Israel wagon.
                  Mexico has just done roleplay stuff.
                  England has put in some input, but very little.
                  Saudi Arabia has been doing the roleplay stuff as well.
                  China had the post that happened after being called out but since then has been offering more input.

                  I think it may be good to think a little bit about these players who aren't posting much and only roleplaying rather than offering any real input. I know it's first day but at this point there has been things that have come up that could be discussed. I feel like it may be just a way to try to fly under the radar and avoid suspicion.

                  I'm slightly put off by Canada, this person sure does like to talk about what the wolves would or wouldn't do. I feel it's one thing to discuss wolf strategy, but another to basically sit there and say exactly what they would or wouldn't do. This might be a cover, might not. I do feel they are someone to keep an eye on for now at the very least.

                  I don't think we should just be voting Spain because they're "annoying" if anything do it because they've been basically hiding behind a roleplay. I'm not sure I really feel they are wolfy being that they have been drawing attention to themselves and continue to do so. This could be their plan though.

                  I will likely be changing my vote I'm just not sure to who yet. The day is almost over and it looks like we're starting to head towards a no lynch.

                  Comment

                  • TWG Iran
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2014
                    • 26

                    #204
                    Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                    @ USA

                    We only need 50% or more of the players to vote to get a lynch. Whoever has majority at that point will die.

                    We do not need an insta lynch to lynch.

                    Comment

                    • TWG United States
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 114

                      #205
                      Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                      Right, the number change with the modkill. I forgot we had lost another person already.

                      Comment

                      • TWG Spain
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2014
                        • 31

                        #206
                        Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                        Estados Unidos, the nation with the most votes will be destroyed unless several nation leaders withdraw votes.

                        Comment

                        • TWG United States
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2014
                          • 114

                          #207
                          Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                          I misunderstood the 50%, my mistake.

                          Comment

                          • TWG India
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 19

                            #208
                            Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                            Originally posted by TWG Canada
                            The commentary also stinks ass when every one of your posts has been ass
                            i thought Canadians were supposedly nice. you are not the country i thought you were.

                            Comment

                            • TWG France
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2014
                              • 62

                              #209
                              Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                              I think its probably for the best if we lynch one of the more inactive nations early on. Anyone under 5 posts would be a good idea in my book. I'll start with Saudi Arabia.

                              Also, am I the only one who's really off-put by Canda's "wolves never start shit on day 1?"

                              Comment

                              • TWG United States
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2014
                                • 114

                                #210
                                Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

                                Originally posted by TWG France
                                I think its probably for the best if we lynch one of the more inactive nations early on. Anyone under 5 posts would be a good idea in my book. I'll start with Saudi Arabia.

                                Also, am I the only one who's really off-put by Canda's "wolves never start shit on day 1?"
                                No, you're not the only one. If you read my longer post I mention that I'm put off by Canada's wolf talk a little bit as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...