TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by botchi246
    i say we go with Arp!
    ok but u did drop the vote tho

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    btw for people talking about hopecaster potentially being a randomly-made nightkill earlier
    it can't be, at least not without me being a wolf and lying about getting a fruit, I guess

    anyways idk how helpful this is

    Leave a comment:


  • botchi246
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    have you heard of this mechanic called sleep
    i read about it and i see your reasoning, but i think we just get the wolf gone.


    not gonna drop the vote just yet however

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by botchi246
    i say we go with Arp!
    have you heard of this mechanic called sleep

    Leave a comment:


  • roundbox
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    raeko, I think I worded it wrong. You're more likely to forget about the thread as villager. I don't know if you're at that level yet

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    god fuck if this goes to saturday I'm NOT HAPPY
    wolves
    KILL ME TONIGHT I AM DEFINITELY A GOOD NIGHTKILL PLEASE IGNORE ANYTHING YOU SEE TO THE CONTRARY OR THAT YOU ALREADY ROLEBLOCKED ME TONIGHT

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    If the wolf delays the kill then we will literally be right where we are now in our decision.
    I do not see how this can possibly be the case

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    WHY TOWN ALWAYS VOTES TO SLEEP HERE

    Hello, today I have several bits of important talking points. I have even more that I might decide to make later.

    1) This setup is BANANAS. There are 5 town, 2 wolves, but 2 of those town are SPECIAL ROLES. One of those special roles can kill people, which can take place of this day's lynch WITHOUT HARMING THE NUMBER OF KILLS TOWN CAN GET aside from a weird, super stretch world where the vigi gets a 2nd shot (frankly, that part of the role feels balanced around a larger setup than 9, which I know freezin was praying for, but we did not get) AND that world still gets an extra kill if the poisoner targeted a wolf

    2) TWO SPECIAL ROLES in the remainder is a low, low number that the wolves will find difficult to overcome. I KNOW that wolves fucked up last night by giving me a fruit, like I know only I know that, but I know that they really screwed themselves with that one (or I'm pretending 000o0o0o0o0o0o)

    3) Wolves delaying their kill has upside for town (and downside, I won't even pretend, but the upside is good). IF wolves delay their kill tonight, the seer is guaranteed to be alive tomorrow, with more favorable numbers for town, and possibly some results.

    4) The seer cannot be roleblocked tonight, unless I am the seer. What about it wolves? Am I proposing sleep this hard as WIFOM when I am the seer?

    5) We can actually coordinate actions with the seer/vigi INSTEAD OF NOT DOING IT LIKE THE BIG DUM-DUMS THAT WE WERE LAST PHASE. Seer can be directed to look tonight specifically into people who the vigi almost certainly didn't attempt to poison last night. In some worlds, a vigi can claim and even claim their shot, and the seer can plan around that too.

    6) The poison might be about to get another shot.

    7) We have a 0% chance of outing the seer via lynch pressure if we sleep.

    these are just what I have so far, I have some more that I will probably break out later

    Leave a comment:


  • botchi246
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    i say we go with Arp!

    Leave a comment:


  • leetic
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    I walk away to eat and come back and you guys are seriously consider sleeping?

    If the wolf delays the kill then we will literally be right where we are now in our decision. I get maybe Roundbox would benefit from the extra time and be able to contribute more but for most of you what else ae you waiting for

    I'm going to take a shower don't anybody start fake claiming wolf next fucking Gnosia style while I'm gone
    Resolving the poison and potentially getting seer results are both key benefits of a sleep scenario regardless of whether wolves delay their kill

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I walk away to eat and come back and you guys are seriously consider sleeping?

    If the wolf delays the kill then we will literally be right where we are now in our decision. I get maybe Roundbox would benefit from the extra time and be able to contribute more but for most of you what else ae you waiting for

    I'm going to take a shower don't anybody start fake claiming wolf next fucking Gnosia style while I'm gone

    Leave a comment:


  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by roundbox
    I am legitimately trying to read raeko, but it's hard. I think her thread presence has been really good for her, but sometimes I feel she does that more as a wolf and is much more likely to forget about the game. I don't know if she's pocketing me with some of my reads, but she's not been spicy enough for me to fully convinced she's town. I'm doing my best to be impartial.
    why would my thread presence be better when I'm more likely to forget about the game? and why would that happen more often when I'm wolf?? huh

    Leave a comment:


  • roundbox
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I don't know if I agree with Botchi's take on lar's sticking-to-guns mentality for his post on voting Nakah 99.9%
    I am legitimately trying to read raeko, but it's hard. I think her thread presence has been really good for her, but sometimes I feel she does that more as a wolf and is much more likely to forget about the game. I don't know if she's pocketing me with some of my reads, but she's not been spicy enough for me to fully convinced she's town. I'm doing my best to be impartial.

    as for the request of top and bottom 2:

    do not touch: sunfan, lar
    maybe vote: arp leetic in no particular order, and even then, leetic is just POE at this point and I don't feel as strong on it
    arp is partially regret for not going yesterday. I don't want to unfairly pressure arp, though

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    What leetic said about sleep is true
    TOWN DOES NOT LOSE A KILL BY SLEEPING
    otherwise, I would literally never, ever even vaguely consider it
    Doesnt even matter if wolves delay the kill
    Im not even lying when I say that I dont know whether or not wolves should delay the kill or not if we sleep
    Not for me to decide

    In this wacky freezinice game, sleeping might have some very genuine merit here

    Leave a comment:


  • roundbox
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    honestly, I'm not gonna lie, sleeping would be fantastic for me
    I will have significantly more time to play on saturday

    if the math checks out, honestly I would appreciate it if we could make it to saturday

    Leave a comment:

Working...