TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I'm literally about to go to work for 10 hours so like, this is kind of a real fucking shit time to be under heat but here goes

    Originally posted by leetic
    "It looked like how they posted in a previous towngame", "I though it was a potential blue soft", "it's just a early D1 read that I threw around to get things going" should have all been satisfactory answers here. If you can't accept those it's a you problem
    I don't really have a desire to fight an uncountered blue but no, these reasons where absolutely dogshit

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    Lar reacted kind of strange to the sleep thing yesterday, he kinda caved too quickly. Things from there started to really unravel, like I think, in Larlanguage, that he ISO'd Hopecaster to control any potential narrative on Hopecaster's legacy before anyone else could. There was something else... I don't remember it but anyways

    I think my reads were likely dogshit at the beginning of this game, potentially the worst they've ever been in a turbo; no wonder they fruit'd me
    Both you and Leetic had made good cases for why this was a good idea and ain't nobody was voting Leetic/Botchi anyway so what did you want me to do throw a hissy fit so in past game you can make another Toxicity thread and bash that I'm too aggressive?

    I had a hard townread on you, I decided to just say Yolo and admit I was probably wrong

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    remembered
    I didn't like how quickly and unwaveringly lar assumed I was always town for getting a piece of fruit

    It didn't feel natural... or maybe it doesn't in hindsight, that might be the better way of putting it
    I had a townread of you on d0?
    Like I'm sorry you're actually easy to read I know that pisses you off in ways that you can't express but like, it wasn't like you had every tell of a wolf and then you got a blueberry and certainly we're friends

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    Mandy or whoever accuses George of getting intensely Southern when he is telling a lie, and like
    that's what Lar feels like here LMAO

    what the heck lar why did you turn into a hog wrastler here
    What fucking lie am I telling here? Are you saying you are a wolf that gave himself a poison fruit like

    Come the fuck on

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    going to bed soon, will keep at least one eye on the thread before I fall asleep

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I think reading raeko/lar for interactions is probably where that wolfteam would be most likely to struggle

    lar is kind of a notorious busser, and idk that he would've been doing that this game?? he occasionally doesn't bus/attempt to distance, but I've yet to crack the rhyme or reason there

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I don't think that I often make sub-optimal plays as a wolf, at least wrt mechanics
    maybe one of my greatest strengths as a wolf

    I will have to swallow a difficult pill if leetic is real, that a team with raeko on it did something just for the whimsy of it, or somehow made some kind of catastrophic error mechanically

    that might stop me from voting in a situation where I otherwise might be a lot more likely to do so

    Leave a comment:


  • leetic
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Raeko seemed to be playing the classic powerwolf, she hard pushed Zenith, Nakah, Arp, and me, all of which are/were town. She had a weaksauce push on roundbox once and did she ever give MML any pushback like at all?

    Leave a comment:


  • leetic
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    I think if roundbox is a wolf I'll be more likely to be able to tell with enough time, but I haven't seen anything to indicate it to me yet
    I'm not sure why Raeko had to hedge here when she could've easily justified a TR on roundbox for pocketing purposes. The disconnect between this attitude here and her willingness to interject in roundbox's defense has to mean something. Then again, there's also a weaksauce push in p706

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    That doesn't make a lick of sense. Even if you could ain't nobody in this game poisoning their teammates over one of us
    I am going to preview this post by saying that I have never seen any of the show Young Sheldon, or the new spinoff, George and... Mandy's? First Marriage (whatever the name is)

    I have, however seen a commercial advertising the latter, and I can't help but think of this (please just let me engage with my brain-rot, I've clearly played bad this game)

    Mandy or whoever accuses George of getting intensely Southern when he is telling a lie, and like
    that's what Lar feels like here LMAO

    what the heck lar why did you turn into a hog wrastler here

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    I really like blueberries but I'm allergic to them ;_;
    I'm not sure I'm really capable of really reading into this

    Leave a comment:


  • leetic
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Also, another thing is that if wolves were killing someone last night, and it wasn't sunfan, it would have been MML (which would have been super convenient to me but oh well). I do think Raeko/MML is more likely to delay here than Raeko/roundbox, since the latter team would likely have the foresight to realize they were in an unstable position and thus want to secure things quickly. Though I suppose roundbox probably thought he had a higher chance of being seered, but if that was their strategy they shouldn't have thrown the fruit

    Leave a comment:


  • leetic
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    He's at school AND he has to stay late today (isn't being a teacher awesome?)

    If you have another reason you think he's wolfy I'm all ears, but he dipped because he had to sleep then go to work and I can't really fault him for that

    I don't want to use too much info that you guys don't have but it's hard when we live in the same house haha
    Although this as a response to MML would have to be a partner interaction either way so I don't know what to think. MML's response to this is uninspiring, though:

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    I mean in this context it's probably less in the spirit of the game to keep it to yourself since you can't help but to know it.

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by leetic
    How mechanically aware is MML usually? Given roundbox's apparent lack of WIM I wouldn't put it past him to make this mistake regardless of how his meta usually is. I guess a slightly angleshooty case could be made that a Raeko/roundbox team would theoretically have more WIM, but I remember another wolfteam that contained a real-life couple on the Syndicate flopping hard as well
    I would expect roundbox to be more mechanically aware than lar

    years and years ago, I've seen lar miss a hammer to win a game (this was a game where wolves couldn't communicate with one another privately) and I can't see roundbox ever doing that

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    raeko/roundbox have rolled wolf together a comical and statistically significantly outlying number of times, and I don't think it has ever been accurate to say that their level of interest has gone down after rolling together

    if anything, like roundbox was saying about raeko, her interest would've gone higher

    [I do know of one game where raeko super low-posted and died d0 where she and roundbox were wolves together, but it was so long ago that I don't remember if they were together at the time]

    Leave a comment:


  • leetic
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    He's at school AND he has to stay late today (isn't being a teacher awesome?)

    If you have another reason you think he's wolfy I'm all ears, but he dipped because he had to sleep then go to work and I can't really fault him for that

    I don't want to use too much info that you guys don't have but it's hard when we live in the same house haha


    You asked me for that reads list and then vote for me right away, almost like you just wanted something to nitpick at me for, and have a big long list to choose a random reason to place a vote on me

    hmmmmmm
    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    because it's been a waste of time for the most part
    I guess you can also say that posts like these feel really pockety towards roundbox

    Leave a comment:


  • leetic
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    How mechanically aware is MML usually? Given roundbox's apparent lack of WIM I wouldn't put it past him to make this mistake regardless of how his meta usually is. I guess a slightly angleshooty case could be made that a Raeko/roundbox team would theoretically have more WIM, but I remember another wolfteam that contained a real-life couple on the Syndicate flopping hard as well

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by leetic
    This is the kind of mistake that is only made by a mechanically unaware wolf team.
    or it is the kind of proactive, frankly genius level play made by a wolfteam that attempts to win by setting up a red

    I wanna go back and check if raeko said anything to me about blueberries when I claimed it

    Leave a comment:

Working...