TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Oh, and excellent choice on the avatar SunFan

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Keeping my previous post in mind I think we can all agree SunFan is top town


    Originally posted by Arp!
    i also feel pretty good about raeko and lar. i still don't fully understand the raeko vote, but that's pretty much been cleared up at this point, and an indirect defense of (town) subaru is certainly not a bad look
    Wolves defend town all the time. You don't think a wolf seriously scumreads that many people do ya?

    Going back to Subaru

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    See I feel the opposite way, I find it's more common for wolves to give up/freeze when they are caught while humans tend to fight more til the end. Because wolves know in their heart you are right, they don't always have that passion that humans have. Humans KNOW YOU ARE WRONG AND REALLY WANT TO FIGHT TO PROVE THEY ARE RIGHT

    idk, I just didn't see a lot of fight from Arp
    I have mislynched using this logic like, countless times on this site

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    on hopecaster?
    he was probably the person I was most sure to be town. His work just felt incredibly genuine, in short, enough to override a straight contradiction in his response to me.
    I mean you are both 100% correct on his alignment and also what the fuck though?

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    what do you think about my comment about the time-stamp of it
    arp sure gave up early, like
    it literally feels like arp *was* trying to live with that post
    Don't take this the wrong way Arp, but
    I don't remember them being that kind of player and in the moment it felt like I barely had any time to change it (even though 4 minutes certainly is a lot of EOD time for this site)

    Like if this was Round, you, Charu, AA, maybe even Leetic I would 100% probably come around to that theory but with Arp it feels too real to me

    Originally posted by Arp!
    aaa today's a busy day,,, got some homework and another exam to study for
    also wow i can't believe i'm still alive after all that. i really hope i have the time to redeem myself today but i'll have to see how long it takes me to get stuff done
    Make time. You're the counter wagon to a flipped town so you are very much on the table and that "i guess I'll die now" ain't gonna to save you twice if your in the lead again. If youre really town, it's time for you to work for town

    Originally posted by Arp!
    a little annoyed that nakah is still in the game. if they post today that'll make up for it in my eyes, but i would've probably wanted to vote for them had i known this would happen
    i agree with leetic in that voting for them now would put us in a scary position if they flip town, so i don't really want to do that unless it's somehow the only viable option by EOD, which seems unlikely to me
    Why do you think it's unlikely? I need you to expand your thoughts on this

    What would your top 2 votes be if EOD was right now

    Originally posted by Arp!
    sunfan getting a blueberry is interesting!
    i assume a poisoned fruit can be sent to the malice wolf, so that doesn't entirely clear anyone who receives one?
    That doesn't make a lick of sense. Even if you could ain't nobody in this game poisoning their teammates over one of us

    Now what could be happening is that SunFan could be the vendor, not sent a fruit, and then claimed that he got it but there is no way SunFan is under enough pressure to fucking fake being poison for the cred. I think this 100% clears him

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    the "bear any fruit" pun was unintentional
    Don't disown your puns

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    When I called him out for forgetting about me, I thought "well maybe he skipped the first few pages and just skimmed the rest and that's why he forgot" and then he posts that same explanation. The way he explained trying to improve his meta made sense to me and seemed genuine (maybe because I am the same way with overthinking everything)
    'k.


    Originally posted by the sun fan
    Ngl lar, the hopecaster iso isn't really going to help me
    I hope it helps you
    It might. I need to finish it

    I don't know if it has yet though

    I don't know what else to do but vote Nakah and scream at Leetic though

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    Arp, the last 10ish minutes of a phase are usually when the most democracy occurs
    Im not saying you couldnt have believed no one would move their votes
    i understand! i've seen (and participated in) last-minute votes myself. but besides how much time there was remaining it just didn't seem likely to me
    i had essentially run out of time to make a reasonable case for myself and/or make a strong enough case against anyone else, so i decided to say farewell and leave it at that

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I am not going to pursue the blueberry thing
    they're just too popular for it to like
    bear any fruit
    yeah that's fair,,, i think there are much more important things to focus on at the moment
    (not sure if i would've noticed the pun had you not said anything but that is kind of hilarious)

    i also feel pretty good about raeko and lar. i still don't fully understand the raeko vote, but that's pretty much been cleared up at this point, and an indirect defense of (town) subaru is certainly not a bad look

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Arp, the last 10ish minutes of a phase are usually when the most democracy occurs
    Im not saying you couldnt have believed no one would move their votes

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Ngl lar, the hopecaster iso isn't really going to help me
    I hope it helps you

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    See I feel the opposite way, I find it's more common for wolves to give up/freeze when they are caught while humans tend to fight more til the end. Because wolves know in their heart you are right, they don't always have that passion that humans have. Humans KNOW YOU ARE WRONG AND REALLY WANT TO FIGHT TO PROVE THEY ARE RIGHT

    idk, I just didn't see a lot of fight from Arp
    this line of reasoning also makes more sense to me,
    but with the combination of feeling kind of overwhelmed and defeated and also feeling reasonably certain that i was going to have the most votes by EOD regardless, i didn't really have the energy to defend myself much more than i did

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    what do you think about my comment about the time-stamp of it
    arp sure gave up early, like
    it literally feels like arp *was* trying to live with that post
    i genuinely didn't think very much about how people would respond to that post because i had already sort of given up by that point, like i said. it wasn't an attempt to change anyone's mind!

    i'm aware that a lot can go down in the last 4 minutes in a game like this, but i was still kinda panicking so it didn't feel like very much time to me at all -w-'
    like, after making that post i got up to brush my teeth and get ready for bed and the votes were all tallied up by the time i got back. it didn't really occur to me that people might change their votes within that time

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Ive got some errands and stuff to do (waiting for my friend before I go and do them)

    I *think* that raeko and lar are town and I just need to shore that up

    if that is correct, we only lose to leetic/roundbox, I *think* (I know this is muddy you don't need to lecture me about how muddy this is I'm working on it)

    I don't want to lose, of course

    Leave a comment:


  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    So for both Raeko and SunFan: What was your thought process on them at this time?
    Mindmeld isn't the right word, it's not like we were having the same thoughts or anything, but more like it felt like I could follow his train of thoughts naturally in a way that melded with what I expected from him

    When I called him out for forgetting about me, I thought "well maybe he skipped the first few pages and just skimmed the rest and that's why he forgot" and then he posts that same explanation. The way he explained trying to improve his meta made sense to me and seemed genuine (maybe because I am the same way with overthinking everything)

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    the "bear any fruit" pun was unintentional

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I am not going to pursue the blueberry thing
    they're just too popular for it to like
    bear any fruit

    idk why a wolf would purposefully give me a blueberry if they knew that I didn't like them if there were only some people who would know that

    if this were like
    idk
    a mangosteen or something a lot more obscure that I hated and was given, then I think I might be losing my mind trying to remember anything, but like

    blueberries are too ubiquitous, there's just not going to be any productive work done about whether or not a wolf did this on purpose or not

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    aaa today's a busy day,,, got some homework and another exam to study for
    also wow i can't believe i'm still alive after all that. i really hope i have the time to redeem myself today but i'll have to see how long it takes me to get stuff done

    a little annoyed that nakah is still in the game. if they post today that'll make up for it in my eyes, but i would've probably wanted to vote for them had i known this would happen
    i agree with leetic in that voting for them now would put us in a scary position if they flip town, so i don't really want to do that unless it's somehow the only viable option by EOD, which seems unlikely to me

    sunfan getting a blueberry is interesting!
    i assume a poisoned fruit can be sent to the malice wolf, so that doesn't entirely clear anyone who receives one?
    if we could somehow confirm that the type of fruit isn't chosen by the host, lar might be onto something! it would certainly be an interesting coincidence otherwise,,,
    but at the same time i feel like a wolf who knows that sunfan hates blueberries wouldn't out themself like that (in the event that sunfan knows they know...?)

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Looking back, I still feel pretty good that Arp's last post were them giving up as villager and just not trying. I think if they where wolf they would have panicked a lot more.
    what do you think about my comment about the time-stamp of it
    arp sure gave up early, like
    it literally feels like arp *was* trying to live with that post

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    So for both Raeko and SunFan: What was your thought process on them at this time?
    on hopecaster?
    he was probably the person I was most sure to be town. His work just felt incredibly genuine, in short, enough to override a straight contradiction in his response to me.

    Leave a comment:

Working...