jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tiloco217
    FFR Veteran
    • Sep 2012
    • 6

    #151
    Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

    So we are 12 hours in and I have maybe 1 read I would say I am confident in :/ If you guys want to shitpost at least make it worth my while

    The one read I am kind of confident in is riotpolice so I'm gonna go ahead and vote on him. I think the way he decided to become serious about the game so quickly is weird for him. I actually read his calling out choof for the claim pretty null but him staying out of shitposting instead of trying to meld back in seemed like hew as trying too hard.

    I am going to give a slight town read to both choof and charu but those are very tentative. I like choof for playing similar to how he played last game which I initially was reading as null because as mafia he would want to mimic that game but him bringing up anecdotal fallacies is not something I think he would do if he was trying to mimic his last game.
    Charu I like because this is very similar to his live game in that most of what he says is lighthearted and meaning less (also we are mason partners)

    I think I will also throw a bit of pressure onto Gradient because I think his initial couple posts seemed pretty awkward. The posts were sort of like lurker last game but it came at a weird time and his recent posts aren't nearly as aggressive. I would like to know how much you have played before by the way

    Comment

    • tiloco217
      FFR Veteran
      • Sep 2012
      • 6

      #152
      Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

      I'm kind of bored so I am going to go ahead and answer choof's questions (although I think they are pretty dumb and don't matter :P)

      1) I was reading through the last twg game and was annoyed that I couldn't yell at you guys for the dumb things you were doing so I decided to play again.

      2) I don't enjoy it but it is the best way to start the game and most of the time you can get pretty decent town reads from it. Even in the last game when YoshL tried to make shitposting stop right away I still got a town read on James May and Redblaster from it

      3) I think meta matters less here then it does on DM. It is way harder to mimic play when you have to actually talk face to face so meta is everything there. Here you can think out your posts and your body language and tone of voice don't matter at all so meta isn't as reliable.

      Comment

      • tiloco217
        FFR Veteran
        • Sep 2012
        • 6

        #153
        Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

        I'm kind of bored so I am going to go ahead and answer choof's questions (although I think they are pretty dumb and don't matter :P)

        1) I was reading through the last twg game and was annoyed that I couldn't yell at you guys for the dumb things you were doing so I decided to play again.

        2) I don't enjoy it but it is the best way to start the game and most of the time you can get pretty decent town reads from it. Even in the last game when YoshL tried to make shitposting stop right away I still got a town read on James May and Redblaster from it

        3) I think meta matters less here then it does on DM. It is way harder to mimic play when you have to actually talk face to face so meta is everything there. Here you can think out your posts and your body language and tone of voice don't matter at all so meta isn't as reliable.

        Comment

        • tiloco217
          FFR Veteran
          • Sep 2012
          • 6

          #154
          Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

          Nice that double post makes it look like I gave way more content then I really did :P

          Comment

          • _Zenith_
            Accuracy Player
            • Mar 2011
            • 4629

            #155
            Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

            Speaking of voting!

            unvote

            I forget who I was on so rip





            Comment

            • gold stinger
              Signature Extraordinare~~
              Event Staff
              Game Manager
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              Global Moderator
              • Jan 2007
              • 6429

              #156
              Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

              good morning

              it's goddamned cold here in Peterborough, chilly morning.

              gonna reread the thread and try to at least make a dedicated vote. I don't want to vote off of a meme unless that's really the only option I have here.
              Originally posted by YoshL
              butts.


              - Tosh 2014






              Comment

              • gold stinger
                Signature Extraordinare~~
                Event Staff
                Game Manager
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                Global Moderator
                • Jan 2007
                • 6429

                #157
                Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                Ok. So. Looked over the thread, I see a lot of different play styles, a couple play styles that are the same, it appears there is some confidence in voting riotpolice, just not sure if that's the right decision. He's obviously very interested in staying in this game for right now, so it shows that he must be playing an important role other than townie, but whether that's a blue or a wolf, I'm not entirely sure.

                If he can't make a hard claim for a blue role without setting someone else off, then I will know that he's a wolf. But then again, that would mean that whatever hard claim he makes for said role, it's going to open wide the person that actually has said role. Based on that deduction, I can conclude that riotpolice does not have a blue role. unvoteing, and going on riotpolice.

                the edit was separating the giant block of text, making it easier to read.
                Last edited by gold stinger; 04-7-2015, 09:15 AM.
                Originally posted by YoshL
                butts.


                - Tosh 2014






                Comment

                • tiloco217
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 6

                  #158
                  Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                  In the future never edit at all even to fix things and you don't have to unvote before revoting

                  Also I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that riotpolice was not a role through that. What is your opinion on the other people that are pushing on riotpolice?

                  Comment

                  • tiloco217
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 6

                    #159
                    Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                    In the future never edit at all even to fix things and you don't have to unvote before revoting

                    Also I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that riotpolice was not a role through that. What is your opinion on the other people that are pushing on riotpolice?

                    Comment

                    • gold stinger
                      Signature Extraordinare~~
                      Event Staff
                      Game Manager
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      Global Moderator
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 6429

                      #160
                      Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                      A bit extra in-case it wasn't clear in the final reasoning I had if it's needed.

                      If he has or had a claim for a blue role, he hasn't made the claim known in the time before making my post, which carries suspicion. It could be that he still wants to stay in this game for as long as possible, but for what? He turned the other way when challenged, clearly showing that he's hiding something and that is why he wants to stay in-game. At this point, if he's Townie, he's doing a really bad job of it.

                      If he makes a hard claim for a blue role now, it's going to put another in danger if he doesn't have a blue role. Evidently this would be very bad to do for a wolf right now, because it can be easily pointed out that he's lying, and he would have done it earlier with the obviousness that he is in-fact hiding a role. The fact that it would put him in greater danger to say he has a blue role he doesn't have rather than keep it away from the public, is what keeps him from sharing that knowledge.
                      Originally posted by YoshL
                      butts.


                      - Tosh 2014






                      Comment

                      • choof
                        Banned
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Nov 2013
                        • 8563

                        #161
                        Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                        gs editing posts will get you modkilling
                        I assume tsf will give you a pass but in general the only person that will ever edit a post will be a mod and only if they're not playing the same game

                        Comment

                        • choof
                          Banned
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 8563

                          #162
                          Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                          talking about potential roles could also be a bad thing because if scum mind meld with you they'll kill riot and incriminate you

                          Comment

                          • gold stinger
                            Signature Extraordinare~~
                            Event Staff
                            Game Manager
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            Global Moderator
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 6429

                            #163
                            Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                            I think Choof made the call on riotpolice quite early in the case of suspicions, but proved quite a strong claim on that call while bickering with him. I do agree on choof pointing out that riot stopped to question the seer claim, turned all serious, and then tried to shy away from the conflict was enough to raise my suspicions.

                            The only other real suspicions I have are early game gut suspicions, like Charu's random posting, Zenith's eagerness to get to the end of this day, and CK's lack of posting.
                            Originally posted by YoshL
                            butts.


                            - Tosh 2014






                            Comment

                            • gold stinger
                              Signature Extraordinare~~
                              Event Staff
                              Game Manager
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              Global Moderator
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 6429

                              #164
                              Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                              Originally posted by choof
                              gs editing posts will get you modkilling
                              I assume tsf will give you a pass but in general the only person that will ever edit a post will be a mod and only if they're not playing the same game
                              right. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
                              Originally posted by YoshL
                              butts.


                              - Tosh 2014






                              Comment

                              • tiloco217
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 6

                                #165
                                Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                                GoldStinger, I know that this is your first game in FFR (or at least it think it is) but have you played anywhere else before?

                                Comment

                                Working...