TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YoshL
    Celestial Harbor
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Aug 2008
    • 6156

    #841
    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

    BDN, assuming you used your power on me, because i got untargetable last night from the ymia betray.

    was in philly the whole weekend, back now


    Originally posted by Charu
    Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

    Comment

    • YoshL
      Celestial Harbor
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2008
      • 6156

      #842
      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

      well, ok you did use the seer on me cool :V


      Originally posted by Charu
      Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

      Comment

      • The Blue Blur
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2006
        • 147

        #843
        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

        yay school computerz

        Originally posted by YoshL
        BDN, assuming you used your power on me, because i got untargetable last night from the ymia betray.
        This is perhaps the shittiest non-me thing that has happened all game. I knew I should have hit Tokzic.

        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        BDN, YoshL was an early jump on the manti wagon, which would be somewhat weird for a wolf to do. Since you're the only confirmed human I advise you to review your read there. Maybe a thorough re-reading of the thread before you commit to things like "Honestly I'm willing to stake the game on a yoshl lynch."
        That's one thing out of a whole play. And nothing about that lynch feels good to me in hindsight.

        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
        I think Charu was killed because 2 to 3 wolves were on the Manti wagon. killing a human who was on the wagon would make those wolves easier to find.

        Manti rolled over during that lynch. I think a plan was in motion.
        I believe this. Manti's a very experienced player. There is no doubt in my mind that he knows there very few truly unwinnable scenarios for wolves, and that day wasn't it. There's was definitely the chance that the wagon could have been deflected to someone else; other people were raring to go with a Guest lynch. He had some ammo to fire back. Not trying is usually considered an admission of guilt and he knows this, so giving up in this way probably meant there was something to be gained for giving up.

        In my mind, it was the perfect time to bus Manti and gain some credibility. And if it was a planned bussing, when or where a wolf jumped on it becomes an increasingly useless point of data.

        --------------------------

        I have reviewed the thread, V...and you might not like one of the possible conclusions I've reached. I have had a sneaking suspicion on you all game and it's only been going stronger as

        What especially stinks to me is this post:
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        when did we decide we werent lynching danceguy?

        he had a reasonable number of votes and hasn't done anything except push on guest (which appears to me to be an easy, low hanging fruit sort of push)

        guest gives me a pretty newbie air so it seems a bit whack-a-mole to target him, as YoshL and KgZ are also suspect to the same general issues. after guest's kinda dumb theorycraft post about BDN this push on guest looks like seeking a defenseless target from DG. guest's defensiveness is certainly fishy but given that this is one of his first games i can see that being a tell that goes either way.

        dg's sudden relief on me and then inundating the thread with a thin push on guest strike me as burying the attacks on him in noise, which is hella effective given how nobody really cares or is invested in this game anymore (myself included)

        anyways i would kill dance but if we're going to kill guest i'll commit to that too because i'm feel really apathetic about this game and really just don't give a shit anymore
        First off, "too new to be a wolf" is not a valid argument. And he said he has played Mafia before. It definitely isn't the safest lynch choice, but it does make some sort of sense from his viewpoint, now confirmed town.

        Second, this is what this whole post sounds like to me:
        "I think you're wrong for not wanting to lynch dAnceguy, and here are all these reasons why you're wrong, but like, it's totally cool if you wanna lynch Guest too, because I don't care."

        This is the mindset of someone who wants anyone but himself lynched. That is the mindset of a wolf. And if you truly ran out of fucks to give for this game, you sure did a shitty job showing


        Which maybe. But one has to remember how useful a tool fostering apathy and inactivity is. We should learn from having played YoshL's game. If the wolves get themselves in a position where they can just watch and wait with no repercussions, the town will eat itself. It is my job as
        --------------------

        I'm aware all of this sounds like a long shot but given how we've pric. It still kind of is a long shot.

        To me, the safest choices today are Tokzic and KgZ

        Comment

        • The Blue Blur
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2006
          • 147

          #844
          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

          Well, I just fucked that all up. BRB repairing.

          Comment

          • The Blue Blur
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2006
            • 147

            #845
            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

            yay school computerz

            Originally posted by YoshL
            BDN, assuming you used your power on me, because i got untargetable last night from the ymia betray.
            This is perhaps the shittiest non-me thing that has happened all game. I knew I should have hit Tokzic.

            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            BDN, YoshL was an early jump on the manti wagon, which would be somewhat weird for a wolf to do. Since you're the only confirmed human I advise you to review your read there. Maybe a thorough re-reading of the thread before you commit to things like "Honestly I'm willing to stake the game on a yoshl lynch."
            That's one thing out of a whole play. And nothing about that lynch feels good to me in hindsight.

            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
            I think Charu was killed because 2 to 3 wolves were on the Manti wagon. killing a human who was on the wagon would make those wolves easier to find.

            Manti rolled over during that lynch. I think a plan was in motion.
            I believe this. Manti's a very experienced player. There is no doubt in my mind that he knows there very few truly unwinnable scenarios for wolves, and that day wasn't it. There's was definitely the chance that the wagon could have been deflected to someone else; other people were raring to go with a Guest lynch. He had some ammo to fire back. Not trying is usually considered an admission of guilt and he knows this, so giving up in this way probably meant there was something to be gained for giving up.

            In my mind, it was the perfect time to bus Manti and gain some credibility. And if it was a planned bussing, when or where a wolf jumped on it becomes an increasingly useless point of data.

            -------------------------------------

            I have reviewed the thread, V...and you might not like one of the possible conclusions I've reached. Your play has struck me as odd, I can't put my finger on it but it's a gut feeling I can't ignore. I have had a sneaking suspicion on you all game and it's only been going stronger as the game has progressed. Right now it's at its peak.

            What especially stinks to me is this post:

            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            when did we decide we werent lynching danceguy?

            he had a reasonable number of votes and hasn't done anything except push on guest (which appears to me to be an easy, low hanging fruit sort of push)

            guest gives me a pretty newbie air so it seems a bit whack-a-mole to target him, as YoshL and KgZ are also suspect to the same general issues. after guest's kinda dumb theorycraft post about BDN this push on guest looks like seeking a defenseless target from DG. guest's defensiveness is certainly fishy but given that this is one of his first games i can see that being a tell that goes either way.

            dg's sudden relief on me and then inundating the thread with a thin push on guest strike me as burying the attacks on him in noise, which is hella effective given how nobody really cares or is invested in this game anymore (myself included)

            anyways i would kill dance but if we're going to kill guest i'll commit to that too because i'm feel really apathetic about this game and really just don't give a shit anymore
            First off, "too new to be a wolf" is not a valid argument. And he said he has played Mafia before. It definitely isn't the safest lynch choice, but it does make some sort of sense from his viewpoint, now confirmed town.

            Second, this is what this whole post sounds like to me:
            "I think you're wrong for not wanting to lynch dAnceguy, and here are all these reasons why you're wrong, but like, it's totally cool if you wanna lynch Guest too, because I don't care."

            This is the mindset of someone who wants anyone but himself lynched. That is the mindset of a wolf.

            Well maybe you truly have lost all motivation to participate in this game. But one has to remember how useful a tool fostering apathy and inactivity is. We should learn from having played YoshL's game. If the wolves get themselves in a position where they can just watch and wait with no repercussions, the town will eat itself. It is my job as a human to force them out of these positions so they have to keep faking and lying and actually play the game. The more their house of cards gets built up, the more unstable it gets and the better chance us humans have of catching them and crashing it all down

            That is how this game works. And if you truly ran out of fucks to give for this game, you sure did a terrible job showing it today. In fact you were one of the more active posters on the previous day too. Your play is inconsistent.

            Now this next accusation, I wouldn't even dream of leveling at most other players. But V is smart. He is cunning. He picks up on things other players miss. He knew this day was make or break, and when I said this, it could've been a clear signal that I was working a hidden agenda.

            It is possible that the whole fight between mellon and V is an epic wolf distancing gambit. Think about it. An Advanced Search of the thread reveals that V has mentioned her exactly once before today – and that was just a token dilemma reveal. Which especially strikes me as odd because skimming her posts in isolation, her play comes across as pretty textbook Raekowolf – token gestures toward the human cause that don't really accomplish much in the grand scheme of things. And suddenly she's V's hot-button today, based solely on last twilight's dilemmas. Something stinks here. Having someone completely absent from your attention in this way is a pretty reliable tell.

            Now then, to the actual gambit; double bussing. That comment about this being "the last day one has to get away with something" is true of any wolf. And in this miasma of dysfunction and apathy any sort of credibility is golden.

            If my suspicions of you are true, then fucking bravo, V – this strategy has so many upsides it's not even funny.

            If Raeko gets lynched and is human: wolves win.

            If Raeko gets lynched and is wolf: Your credibility is at an all time high, town sheeps you to victory next day.

            If you get lynched (worst-case scenario): We still lose if we mislynch even ONCE from here, and there's probably enough confusion for that to happen. Any suspicion analysis of you will probably be buried in WIFOM.

            Of course, I'm afraid the game may be up for you...for all of us really. One way or another. It all comes down to this lynch.

            --------------------

            I'm aware all of this sounds like a long shot but given how we've pretty much been led by the balls into a townie killing fest for most of the game it is a distinct possibility.

            To me, the safest choice today is KgZ or mellon, but if other people really, really want to lynch V given this then I'm cool with that too.

            Wolves are probably 3 out of Kigzy, Tokzic, V, and Raeko.

            YoshL could easily be lying about the untargetable thing too but given that we're literally down half our playerbase, dead men can tell no tales of any antecedents.

            what do

            Comment

            • The Blue Blur
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2006
              • 147

              #846
              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

              Fuck, day ends tomorrow at NOON. With the way things have been going I feel like that means there needs to be a decision tonight.

              Welp, I'm going home. See you back in phone land >

              Comment

              • mellonxcollie
                Sectional Moderator
                Sectional Moderator
                • Dec 2006
                • 1304

                #847
                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                First of all, I have only played one single game on FFR as a wolf. I'm not sure that you have enough points of reference to declare a "textbook Raekowolf" style of play. And when I played that game as a wolf I was just trying to emulate my normal style as best as possible. The difference is that I was actually really interested and invested in that game, which I admittedly haven't been the last few games I've played as a human. I can see where you are coming from I guess but it's really... well I will expand further in my next paragraph

                This game fucking sucked, it's incredibly difficult to distinguish between 1) people being apathetic for strategic reasons 2) people being apathetic because they aren't having fun and 3) people forgetting about the game because there is so much completely dead time where they aren't able to post/play. It's also very difficult to judge inter-player relationships when half of the players don't post at all. Hardly any input has been given this phase, by anyone, so that really says nothing about any of us I guess. And that's been true of the past few day phases. There is nothing to go off of except things that were posted weeks ago, and V/BDN/myself posting today. Even though everyone's roles are still the same obviously it really sucks not to have any fresh info to base my decisions off of.

                BDN you are very right about V's play being inconsistent, and I think the real reason I am V's hot-button today is because he wants to kill a human and end the game

                BDN, are you down for a V lynch? I am also open to lynching Tokzic. KgZ I am less sure of because it seems more like random chance than anything
                Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                Comment

                • Vendetta21
                  Sectional Moderator
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 2745

                  #848
                  Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                  First off, "too new to be a wolf" is not a valid argument. And he said he has played Mafia before. It definitely isn't the safest lynch choice, but it does make some sort of sense from his viewpoint, now confirmed town.
                  there's no such thing as too new to be a wolf, what i was saying was that his mistakes can be interpreted in light of his newness which is why i was defending him at that point. he still doesn't strike me as the most wolfish of the UTR bunch, as KgZ does.

                  and in this game i have called exactly three people suspicious with serious intent: BDN, danceguy, and manti. Seeing as you are cleared, I had to start reevaluating after the flip and I realized that I had played poorly.

                  Raeko is a good choice, especially given some of the circumstances of her play. I would also consider KgZ to be a strong choice. Look at how he read both me and tokzic as wolves. Me for being authoritative, and tokzic for... voting for me?? His reads seem to be opposing each other, which is weird.

                  One last thing:

                  "I think you're wrong for not wanting to lynch dAnceguy, and here are all these reasons why you're wrong, but like, it's totally cool if you wanna lynch Guest too, because I don't care."
                  Yeah I was starting to hit a high level of apathy last phase and that is def. wolfy but it was true. I was willing to lynch anyone to make sure a lynch happened and I didn't see how I could beat the danceguy horse any deader.

                  anyways i'll throw my grit on raeko, I believe that we will strike red.

                  Comment

                  • Vendetta21
                    Sectional Moderator
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 2745

                    #849
                    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                    Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                    BDN you are very right about V's play being inconsistent, and I think the real reason I am V's hot-button today is because he wants to kill a human and end the game
                    this is not really clear what you are agreeing with. my play has been pretty damn consistent. i was wrong yesterday and naturally i need to start reevaluating some of my thoughts after i have been wrong on a major phase.

                    what i find weird is how you agree with me without much effort and then when i'm wrong you push the heat for it onto me and brush completely over how you also had the same read of danceguy. the lack of willingness to even for a second extend the same doubt towards my read yesterday as you clearly extended towards your own play is pretty bullish considering how it's being done in do-or-die lategame.

                    Comment

                    • Tokzic
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 6878

                      #850
                      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                      so yeah i betrayed afrobean against the grain of the plan because i thought he was a wolf

                      but then he died and was human

                      welp

                      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                      Comment

                      • Tokzic
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2005
                        • 6878

                        #851
                        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                        i think what i'm going to have to do here is give the thread another hard read and reevaluate the situation, because i've been pretty damn off so far

                        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                        Comment

                        • Tokzic
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 6878

                          #852
                          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                          I know for a fact though that between V and Raeko there is one wolf. I am also highly confident that between YMIA and KgZ there is at least one wolf.

                          Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                          Comment

                          • Tokzic
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2005
                            • 6878

                            #853
                            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                            YoshL I don't know what to think of yet.

                            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                            Comment

                            • Tokzic
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2005
                              • 6878

                              #854
                              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                              I think Guest is a human.

                              Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                              Comment

                              • Tokzic
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2005
                                • 6878

                                #855
                                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                                then again guest's last read was dance/bdn/tokzic wolves huh

                                okay disregard everything i just said

                                i need to figure out what the fuck i think about bdn before anything else can fall into place because i know you guys keep saying OH CONFIRMED HUMAN FROM CONFIRMED HUMAN SEER but that doesn't shake the weird ass feeling i've had on him all game

                                Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                                Comment

                                Working...