TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sage of the Forest
    FFR Player
    • Feb 2013
    • 94

    #421
    Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

    Why the hell would you lynch me? I've done nothing wolfish in the two days I've even been a PART of it! I already claimed Townie, there's not much else I can really do. Besides, Danceguy or Yo Man are MUCH better choices for lynchings.

    Comment

    • dAnceguy117
      new hand moves = dab
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2002
      • 10103

      #422
      Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

      ugh that was not helpful

      Comment

      • dAnceguy117
        new hand moves = dab
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2002
        • 10103

        #423
        Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

        but still. Sage responded shortly after being prodded elsewhere. wouldn't a fellow red have tried that before now?

        Comment

        • Tps222
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2004
          • 6169

          #424
          Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

          unvote

          I want to apologize to Cedo. After going back and reading posts from the first day, I realize that I may have been overreaching with a small set of data.

          @Sage: My vote is wavering over your head right now, but the last part of your statement intrigues me. Why do you consider YMIA or Dance to be better lynch targets than you? The general consensus seems to be that Zoshi/Your actions combined have been dodgy and UTR enough to be suspicious, but the lack of a real defense for you is puzzling. Any insight that you could provide on those two will be valuable if you're right, regardless if you die or not.

          Comment

          • Krauthammer
            FFR Player
            • May 2012
            • 362

            #425
            Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

            Originally posted by Sage of the Forest
            Why the hell would you lynch me? I've done nothing wolfish in the two days I've even been a PART of it! I already claimed Townie, there's not much else I can really do. Besides, Danceguy or Yo Man are MUCH better choices for lynchings.
            I'm kinda curious on what you got on yoman.

            So...what is it? What do you have on him?

            And on Danceguy, for that matter? Is it the same suspicion some/few/one of us have on him? Or is it something entirely different?

            Comment

            • Vendetta21
              Sectional Moderator
              Sectional Moderator
              • Aug 2006
              • 2745

              #426
              Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

              I've been trying to get into the headspace of how it would feel to have your first night strike nothing, to have your partner die on the first day phase, and to have your second night strike nothing.

              The closest resemblance of this feeling I can come to was a mystery game I played as a wolf with manti and tibs like 5 months ago ran by litodude about cyborgs. You can find the game on FFYa. Me and Manti lost MISERABLY.

              What I remember about being so far down in a losing hole is that you go balls deep with your strategy. You cannot be in a tepid emotional state, and it is pretty hard to do anything but wear some facsimile of humanity as an affectation. And the affected state becomes almost monotone, you don't deviate from it.

              Think about that for a second. If you are losing really hard the mental space you are in. You, as a wolf, know your failures that have appeared in the thread already, you know exactly what corpses you don't want people to dig up, you know you are fighting a losing battle, and you probably know but haven't fully realized that committing your time and thought and energy into this game is probably going to be a painful investment. You are no longer playing your best game, you are now too much in your head.

              What does that look like, what does that feel like--to be a wolf lost in your head? It looks monotone.

              The person in the thread that is by far the most interesting to me right now is cedolad. Talk about the master of directionless pushes. He makes a push, gets an answer that satisfies some curiosity I don't understand in the first place, gets barely any answer at all, and then pulls back. He is constantly viewing every action through the lens of humanity. He is complimenting people, joking, and defending people regularly.

              He started by being aggressive towards me but backed down on day 1, and his tone has slowly become more and more of this neutral placating tone. Re-read some of his posts -- it never strikes me as being in a state of mind that is going "who is a wolf? where are they?" He doesn't strike me as being in a state of mind that even has a sense of what might be wolfy.

              It is fully possible for me to interpret each of his posts through a lens where he could be human, and it is also fully possible for me to understand that humans might not feel a great deal of pressure from the current situation and therefore play more laissez faire. But despite all that I still expect to see glimmers of a mindset that is looking for something.

              Every pushes he makes is so catatonically afraid of being a push that it sends this huge signal to me that says "I am having trouble pushing against this person because I know they are human." And coupled with his fear of losing even harder than he already is, he doesn't take huge risks.

              This is a mistake, when you are deep in the red you need to make the high-risk high-reward plays.

              cedolad, I'm afraid we're just going to have to chalk this up to a learning experience for you, bud. Because you seriously shit the bed.

              Comment

              • cedolad
                moonchild~
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2007
                • 6879

                #427
                Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                Originally posted by Tps222
                Why do you consider YMIA or Dance to be better lynch targets than you? The general consensus seems to be that Zoshi/Your actions combined have been dodgy and UTR enough to be suspicious, but the lack of a real defense for you is puzzling.
                This.

                Sage if you believe Dance or yoman a better lynch, can you tell us why?

                Comment

                • cedolad
                  moonchild~
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 6879

                  #428
                  Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  I've been trying to get into the headspace of how it would feel to have your first night strike nothing, to have your partner die on the first day phase, and to have your second night strike nothing.

                  The closest resemblance of this feeling I can come to was a mystery game I played as a wolf with manti and tibs like 5 months ago ran by litodude about cyborgs. You can find the game on FFYa. Me and Manti lost MISERABLY.

                  What I remember about being so far down in a losing hole is that you go balls deep with your strategy. You cannot be in a tepid emotional state, and it is pretty hard to do anything but wear some facsimile of humanity as an affectation. And the affected state becomes almost monotone, you don't deviate from it.

                  Think about that for a second. If you are losing really hard the mental space you are in. You, as a wolf, know your failures that have appeared in the thread already, you know exactly what corpses you don't want people to dig up, you know you are fighting a losing battle, and you probably know but haven't fully realized that committing your time and thought and energy into this game is probably going to be a painful investment. You are no longer playing your best game, you are now too much in your head.

                  What does that look like, what does that feel like--to be a wolf lost in your head? It looks monotone.

                  The person in the thread that is by far the most interesting to me right now is cedolad. Talk about the master of directionless pushes. He makes a push, gets an answer that satisfies some curiosity I don't understand in the first place, gets barely any answer at all, and then pulls back. He is constantly viewing every action through the lens of humanity. He is complimenting people, joking, and defending people regularly.

                  He started by being aggressive towards me but backed down on day 1, and his tone has slowly become more and more of this neutral placating tone. Re-read some of his posts -- it never strikes me as being in a state of mind that is going "who is a wolf? where are they?" He doesn't strike me as being in a state of mind that even has a sense of what might be wolfy.

                  It is fully possible for me to interpret each of his posts through a lens where he could be human, and it is also fully possible for me to understand that humans might not feel a great deal of pressure from the current situation and therefore play more laissez faire. But despite all that I still expect to see glimmers of a mindset that is looking for something.

                  Every pushes he makes is so catatonically afraid of being a push that it sends this huge signal to me that says "I am having trouble pushing against this person because I know they are human." And coupled with his fear of losing even harder than he already is, he doesn't take huge risks.

                  This is a mistake, when you are deep in the red you need to make the high-risk high-reward plays.

                  cedolad, I'm afraid we're just going to have to chalk this up to a learning experience for you, bud. Because you seriously shit the bed.
                  Very very interesting read. V you should read up on the last game we played, the C9++ game. I'm playing practically the same way (except day 1, that was just horrid). I don't think there's a whole lot of that game to go off because I died shortly after, but that one glimpse I was alive and actually playing well, can easily relate that to this game.

                  just remember what role I was. Dig a little more deeper V, because what you have is 100% correct, but I shouldn't be lynched for it.

                  Comment

                  • dAnceguy117
                    new hand moves = dab
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10103

                    #429
                    Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                    has anyone not placed a vote yet?

                    Comment

                    • cedolad
                      moonchild~
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 6879

                      #430
                      Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                      I know I haven't. Pretty sure everyone else has.

                      Comment

                      • cedolad
                        moonchild~
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 6879

                        #431
                        Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                        well, I'm currently on unvote, as well as tps.

                        Comment

                        • YoshL
                          Celestial Harbor
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 6156

                          #432
                          Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                          Votecount incoming

                          (4) Sage - yo man, xiz, james, viccica
                          (1) Viccica - j-rodd
                          (1) Krauthammer - dAnceguy
                          (1) dAnceguy117 - sage
                          (1) cedolad - V
                          (2) unvote - cedolad, tps
                          (1) no vote - krauthammer


                          2 votes to lynch

                          also as a heads up, nights are going to be shortened to 1 day (24 hours) to keep things moving
                          Last edited by YoshL; 07-9-2013, 01:34 PM.


                          Originally posted by Charu
                          Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                          Comment

                          • cedolad
                            moonchild~
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 6879

                            #433
                            Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                            are all times in EST?

                            Comment

                            • j-rodd123
                              End of the road
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 3692

                              #434
                              Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                              Originally posted by Sage of the Forest
                              Why the hell would you lynch me? I've done nothing wolfish in the two days I've even been a PART of it! I already claimed Townie, there's not much else I can really do. Besides, Danceguy or Yo Man are MUCH better choices for lynchings.
                              oh in that case, sage

                              i tried soft defending your dumb case on xiz but come on this is so bad

                              Originally posted by FictionJunction
                              wow

                              Comment

                              • cedolad
                                moonchild~
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 6879

                                #435
                                Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                oh in that case, sage

                                i tried soft defending your dumb case on xiz but come on this is so bad
                                I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this absurd.

                                But my question is, why did you change your vote after seeing this dance? You yourself found this as a bad defense, but yet you still changed your vote.

                                Comment

                                Working...