TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tps222
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2004
    • 6169

    #511
    Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

    Originally posted by dAnceguy117
    Tps always lurks but never posts
    From my first foray back into TWG FFR a few games ago:
    I keep this thread open in a tab at all times, the only time I'm not lurking in it is when i'm traveling between jobs for clients and I have to pack up my laptop.
    I pretty much employ this as a meta-tactic in all games I play solely so that I can absorb all information and not have to worry about possible backlash for being in a thread at a certain time that could be viewed unfavorably.

    I also do this with cell phones/IM's/facebook/etc communication so that I can pick and choose who I want to respond to. I realize this is a bit sociopathic >.<

    Aside from that, I completely disagree with your list. Kraut, Cedo, and James are all higher up on it for me.

    Most suspicious (Kraut Cedo James) Middle Suspicious (Danceguy Jrodd Yoman Vic) least (V, Xiz).

    Comment

    • dAnceguy117
      new hand moves = dab
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2002
      • 10103

      #512
      Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

      Originally posted by Tps222
      I pretty much employ this as a meta-tactic in all games I play solely so that I can absorb all information and not have to worry about possible backlash for being in a thread at a certain time that could be viewed unfavorably.
      holy shit that's ingenious

      Comment

      • dAnceguy117
        new hand moves = dab
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2002
        • 10103

        #513
        Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

        ok we have 4 hours left in the phase. this is worth a shot.




        James, you said you got roleblocked Night 2. You therefore claimed blue. The reds have spotted that already. They will roleblock you again regardless.

        What's your role? We might as well get this out of the way now, while we know for a fact that no blues have died.

        Comment

        • Vendetta21
          Sectional Moderator
          Sectional Moderator
          • Aug 2006
          • 2745

          #514
          Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

          Originally posted by Krauthammer
          Because it is a theory. It doesn't stop being a theory until it is confirmed. And it is only confirmed in the post-game, or maybe it won't ever be confirmed.

          It is just a technicality.
          No but my point lies in the emotional weight of calling something "just a theory." When I call you a fuckface and say that I believe everything coming out of your mouth is shit, it is also based on a theory. The difference being I feel confident enough to act upon it, and realize that confidence in my actions is really important. I don't constantly remind you about when I am taking guesses and shooting in the dark.

          You know why I don't do that? Because it lets you fucking wiggle, which as a wolf is exactly what you are looking for. Isn't that what a wolf is looking for? Wiggle room? What do you think about that?

          Judging by your tone apparently you feel confident about nothing, especially your opinion of danceguy which you made specific comments about in response to how I felt about him. So you aren't confident about it, except enough to respond to me, but not enough to call it anything other than a theory. You will respond to someone about how you feel, but you definitely won't commit to those feelings if it turns into a back-and-forth discussion.

          God you are such a frizzling daisy.

          It isn't like cedolad was the only one that caused Sage to be lynched. It isn't his fault only. It is everybody who voted's fault, everybody who, despite it being said that an Insta was close, kept the vote on instead of removing it for the moment or something similar. In that sense, most have the same amount of the blame, cedolad more than the rest, yes, for giving the last nail in the coffin.

          But forgetting about the people who contributed to the lynch and didn't even try to stop the Insta (by doing something truly effective, like making the Insta less likely by removing a vote) to wait for a defense is kinda unfair.
          What I read here is that you are really confident in cedolad's humanity and that we should consider other people on the bandwagon other than cedolad. The really important word choice here is "unfair." You feel that my focusing on cedolad isn't fair to him? No one else is really focusing on cedolad except me, so tell me what is unfair about my actions? How is this fairness not helping us to find wolves? These are your words. I'd like to see you own them.

          Additionally, both me and dance were trying to stop the lynch. I was trying to stop the lynch by focusing on cedolad, and dance definitely felt some doubts. TPS also had doubts.

          I'll concede that you got a point there, about cedolad's words. It is indeed something worth noting.
          You bet your fucking ass it is worth noting. So is a bunch other shit he said. What I just don't for the life of me understand is the degree to which you are defending him while acknowledging that it is worth noting without having other apparent things that are more worth noting. Do those things exist? Have you *heh, heh* noticed them?

          Did you *heh, heh* notice how he continually agrees that the things I've found are wolfy?

          Comment

          • Vendetta21
            Sectional Moderator
            Sectional Moderator
            • Aug 2006
            • 2745

            #515
            Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

            Originally posted by j-rodd123
            u kind of were because part of me wanted my conspiracy theory to be right lol, but ur moving down due to reasons mentioned by V. FOR NOW....

            kraut is up there with viccica. vic has more posts than me? but i don't really remember them i'll do a reread of her this afternoon. kraut i'm more confident on
            elaborate your conspiracy theory

            Comment

            • j-rodd123
              End of the road
              • Oct 2006
              • 3692

              #516
              Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              elaborate your conspiracy theory
              Originally posted by j-rodd123
              I would think kraut is more likely than sage to be a wolf.

              anyway I did see the post when yoshl ended the phase early and it was the school was burned down and no1 died. when I came back to the thread like a minute later yoshl edited out the post. the only people I saw viewing the thread at the time this happened were james may and danceguy, and the only way yoshl would change this is if a wolf saw no1 died and messaged to put it back to the night phase. now I know this was an unfortunate host error, but I really think it outs either danceguy or james as a wolf.

              james just made a really good post and shared similar views I had (although id move kraut into the red and sage into the orange), which leads me to believe danceguy is the wolf who sent the message. I viewed danceguy as villagery day 1 but idk this makes sense to me
              ..

              Originally posted by FictionJunction
              wow

              Comment

              • Krauthammer
                FFR Player
                • May 2012
                • 362

                #517
                Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                No but my point lies in the emotional weight of calling something "just a theory." When I call you a fuckface and say that I believe everything coming out of your mouth is shit, it is also based on a theory. The difference being I feel confident enough to act upon it, and realize that confidence in my actions is really important. I don't constantly remind you about when I am taking guesses and shooting in the dark.
                Fine, I won't use the word "theory", then. Are the words "hypothesis" or "possibility" less emotional weight for you?




                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                What I read here is that you are really confident in cedolad's humanity and that we should consider other people on the bandwagon other than cedolad. The really important word choice here is "unfair." You feel that my focusing on cedolad isn't fair to him? No one else is really focusing on cedolad except me, so tell me what is unfair about my actions? How is this fairness not helping us to find wolves? These are your words. I'd like to see you own them.
                What is unfair about your action is that you focus on him as the sole culprit of Sage getting lynched, and leaving aside everybody uncleared aside who voted for Sage, even those who voted a mere two posts before cedolad. Again, it is true that the words cedolad added to his post makes him have more beef than the rest, but eh.


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                Did you *heh, heh* notice how he continually agrees that the things I've found are wolfy?
                Hmmmm...would you mid doing a recopilation of that, please? It can be useful, and may be good for stuff that went unnoticed as first. Thank you!

                Comment

                • Vendetta21
                  Sectional Moderator
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 2745

                  #518
                  Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                  see: cedolads posts re: last 5 pages

                  Comment

                  • Vendetta21
                    Sectional Moderator
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 2745

                    #519
                    Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                    Originally posted by Krauthammer
                    What is unfair about your action is that you focus on him as the sole culprit of Sage getting lynched, and leaving aside everybody uncleared aside who voted for Sage, even those who voted a mere two posts before cedolad. Again, it is true that the words cedolad added to his post makes him have more beef than the rest, but eh.
                    right that's exactly it what problem do you have with that?

                    do you have some other defense of cedolad that we aren't seeing? another reason why we shouldn't focus on him? or do you just wish to diminish the value of the thing I find wolfy but for no specific reason?

                    Comment

                    • Tps222
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 6169

                      #520
                      Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                      I'm going to refer back to my earlier post on Cedo to state my still current opinion of him:

                      Wait, no I'm not. It's a stupid question, and the little back and forth thats going on right now between cedo and dance about it (I mean, you unvoted danceguy based on this Cedo lol) is it a bit ridiculous and almost pre-meditated in its appearance.

                      Cedo is looking a little sketchy to me with his recent posts.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Cedo
                      Sage I feel like is just spouting around in the thread. Never really took him seriously in the last games I played with him and everything came out okay for the most part.
                      Is a good way for a wolf who knows the roles to gain some town points by playing the rational yet non-aggressive tactic. This is exemplified by his unvote of dance as well, after being placated by weak reasoning.
                      Now that we know that sage flipped green, i'm starting to give more credence to the above underlined section of the quote. The dynamic between dance and cedo seems to still be there as well.

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #521
                        Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                        @all
                        don't lose track of yo man.

                        Comment

                        • Tps222
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 6169

                          #522
                          Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                          Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                          @all
                          don't lose track of yo man.

                          I know you mean YMIA, but when I read that I originally pictured it captioned under:

                          Comment

                          • Vendetta21
                            Sectional Moderator
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 2745

                            #523
                            Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                            no one is losing track of yoman

                            Comment

                            • Vendetta21
                              Sectional Moderator
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 2745

                              #524
                              Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                              rofl 9 guests viewing thread god what a bunch of pansies afraid to log in

                              this indicates something about the crowd

                              Comment

                              • Xiz
                                TWG Chaos
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 3399

                                #525
                                Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                                My phone never keeps me logged in. In usually lurking. Chances are one of those guests are always me haha

                                Comment

                                Working...